Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The mother's statements do have me thrown off a bit. Is she so confident in his familiarity with the woods or his bike riding that she doesn't believe he's in woods? Does she know more than she's saying? Where are all his friends? If I got that text from my dirt bike riding brother, I'd immediately be looking for him, wouldn't wait 6 hrs to call police, and I wouldn't be worried about foul play. I wonder what was growing in those woods??? So many questions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mother's statements do have me thrown off a bit. Is she so confident in his familiarity with the woods or his bike riding that she doesn't believe he's in woods? Does she know more than she's saying? Where are all his friends? If I got that text from my dirt bike riding brother, I'd immediately be looking for him, wouldn't wait 6 hrs to call police, and I wouldn't be worried about foul play. I wonder what was growing in those woods??? So many questions!!

And just because he is familiar with the woods doesn't mean he wouldn't have an accident. If he crashed and injured his leg initially, maybe he got back on the bike, realized his leg was more injured then he thought, and had another, perhaps fatal, accident.

And just because he is familiar with the woods doesn't mean he wouldn't have an accident. If he crashed and injured his leg initially, maybe he got back on the bike, realized his leg was more injured then he thought, and had another, perhaps fatal, accident.

I completely agree. I think that makes the most sense, at least for now.

My first thought is she has info the public doesn't. But, if you think that still being "in the woods" is a realization TJ is no longer alive, she could be simply holding onto hope.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Have there been any water searches? Steelman pointed out a place and I've seen mentioned of other ponds as well. But I wonder if they are searching the area around it but not in the ponds due to ice etc. .

He may have tried to take a short cut and ended up getting throttled across the face by a branch, cutting through a ravine he may have done a nose dive and endo'd the bike after hitting a deep rut, if he was thrown off the bike he could have gotten internal injuries that weren't apparent initially, the list of possible scenarios is endless and is pretty much left up to the imagination.

If this kid planned on running off and hiding, or if he planned on disappearing voluntarily for awhile, it certainly doesn't appear that he planned for it very well. Further, why bother to send out a couple of texts saying you hurt yourself if the intention was to vanish without a trace ? It appears to me that he took basically no personal items at all, other than the clothes he had on, a phone, a little bit of money (rumor), and the bike. Even a scatterbrained 18 y.o. kid would want to take along some of his "stuff" if he planned to be gone for very long.......you know.....like a cell phone charger ?

His friends and family need to approach private landowners in the immediate vicinity and ask if the owner will scour his property or let some volunteers do it for him. I think most property owners would agree to it as long as it was done in such away that nothing was torn up in the process.

I noticed there was a nudist colony a very short distance away from where he lived, so I'm going to go over there with a spotting scope, up on the side of a hill, and scan the horizon for a few hours. Speaking of which, if I was an 18 y.o. kid I'd probably be spending a whole bunch of time cutting some dirt up around that nudist place. Just a thought.

Map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sp8ToRC1oXf4TugFTSFOGfaubZY&usp=sharing

I completely agree. I think that makes the most sense, at least for now.

Is the majority of land within a 5 mile radius of his home privately owned ? Is there any State or Federal land in that same circumference ? It makes a huge difference on what can be searched by the public and what can't. Any searches on private land would need to be done with either permission or a warrant, State and federal land wouldn't.

I would imagine someone from the police would have reported that

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

He may have tried to take a short cut and ended up getting throttled across the face by a branch, cutting through a ravine he may have done a nose dive and endo'd the bike after hitting a deep rut, if he was thrown off the bike he could have gotten internal injuries that weren't apparent initially, the list of possible scenarios is endless and is pretty much left up to the imagination.

If this kid planned on running off and hiding, or if he planned on disappearing voluntarily for awhile, it certainly doesn't appear that he planned for it very well. Further, why bother to send out a couple of texts saying you hurt yourself if the intention was to vanish without a trace ? It appears to me that he took basically no personal items at all, other than the clothes he had on, a phone, a little bit of money (rumor), and the bike. Even a scatterbrained 18 y.o. kid would want to take along some of his "stuff" if he planned to be gone for very long.......you know.....like a cell phone charger ?

His friends and family need to approach private landowners in the immediate vicinity and ask if the owner will scour his property or let some volunteers do it for him. I think most property owners would agree to it as long as it was done in such away that nothing was torn up in the process.

I noticed there was a nudist colony a very short distance away from where he lived, so I'm going to go over there with a spotting scope, up on the side of a hill, and scan the horizon for a few hours. Speaking of which, if I was an 18 y.o. kid I'd probably be spending a whole bunch of time cutting some dirt up around that nudist place. Just a thought.

Map here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sp8ToRC1oXf4TugFTSFOGfaubZY&usp=sharing

Better bring some longjohns and blankets for watching the nekkid folk bouncing around. It's probably 25 degrees out in the woods right now.

Better bring some longjohns and blankets for watching the nekkid folk bouncing around. It's probably 25 degrees out in the woods right now.

Tee hee. I think it's currently closed.

Is the majority of land within a 5 mile radius of his home privately owned ? Is there any State or Federal land in that same circumference ? It makes a huge difference on what can be searched by the public and what can't. Any searches on private land would need to be done with either permission or a warrant, State and federal land wouldn't.

His parents own 30 acres.

Happiness is no tan lines, but also no frostbite. 😉

My gut tells me he did not send those texts. Someone else did.

My gut tells me he did not send those texts. Someone else did.

I keep getting off the fence to wander around this side, too. Even the "I'm also not home but I'm just down in Oneco" Unless Oneco would be known to whoever he was texting as the answer to being out of stuff...it's just seems like it's a specific text in the midst of shortness.

However I could look at it this way: My husband texts me to say we're out of milk. I respond: ya I'm at the store now...addressing the need for something by saying where I am.

If when she said "out of stuff or just not home" he replied something like: both, I'm out riding ..it wouldn't stick out so much. As soon as I saw this 2nd text that's floating around coupled with the crash text I went hmmmm....not because of the drug reference but everything else.

This is all JMO, which changes by the hour.

If you use his texts as a time line, he'd have to start from his home at 1pm, get to Oneco, stop to exchange texts, get back to riding and crash before 1:49. Possible, right?

I keep getting off the fence to wander around this side, too. Even the "I'm also not home but I'm just down in Oneco" Unless Oneco would be known to whoever he was texting as the answer to being out of stuff...it's just seems like it's a specific text in the midst of shortness.

However I could look at it this way: My husband texts me to say we're out of milk. I respond: ya I'm at the store now...addressing the need for something by saying where I am.

If when she said "out of stuff or just not home" he replied something like: both, I'm out riding ..it wouldn't stick out so much. As soon as I saw this 2nd text that's floating around coupled with the crash text I went hmmmm....not because of the drug reference but everything else.

If you use his texts as a time line, he'd have to start from his home at 1pm, get to Oneco, stop to exchange texts, get back to riding and crash before 1:49. Possible, right?

Oneco is Sterling. It's not that far from his house.

dont forget, people with concussions can get up and perform actions for some length of time, sometimes you might not even realize they are significantly concussed, but sometimes they do nonsensical things. (obvious staggering, fighters that fight the referee after getting rocked etc)

its entirely possible he crashed, got up and sent the texts, then drove off for who knows how much longer, maybe off trail lost and confused, then suffered a worse accident or some other misfortune

i also dont think that the majority of the searching done was anything like a grid search, im not sure what areas can be considered cleared . this is no sleight towads the searchers, even professional searchers miss things as we have all seen. for example - any areas that were searched at night are certainly not to be considered clear.

dont forget, people with concussions can get up and perform actions for some length of time, sometimes you might not even realize they are significantly concussed, but sometimes they do not nonsensical things. (obvious staggering, fighters that fight the referee after getting rocked etc)

its entirely possible he crashed, got up and sent the texts, then drove off for who knows how much longer, maybe off trail lost and confused, then suffered a worse accident or some other misfortune

i also dont think that the majority of the searching done was anything like a grid search, im not sure what areas can be considered cleared . this is no sleight towads the searchers, even professional searchers miss things as we have all seen. for example - any areas that were searched at night are certainly not to be considered clear.
And that's what makes me get back on the fence. The most reasonable explanation.

My first thought is she has info the public doesn't. But, if you think that still being "in the woods" is a realization TJ is no longer alive, she could be simply holding onto hope.

I hadn't really thought about that aspect and got chills when I read this. With everything that is being said, suggested and thrown around, sometimes I forget that we are speaking about a mother who is missing her son. A mother who wants nothing more than for him to come home. The way we humans decide to cope varies and is legitimate regardless of the variation.

No his first ping was near Ross pond, 2nd ping was Margaret Henry road, which is close to his home and oneco. Based off of the text times, it looks like he was riding near pond, crashed. Then started working his way back home when he text the 2nd time. Never made it [emoji853]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back