Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are you thinking this was just an accident? Or something more nefarious?

I think TJ had a bad accident after the initial one / leg texts. I keep picturing a steep embankment and lots of shrubbery. I'd love to be wrong, though. I hate it when heavy winter comes with no sign of missing persons. It hurts.

I live in CT and curious as to why you say this?

See my last post. I feel he has been concealed from searchers under shrubbery or heavy foliage, (or in the pond?) now concealed by several inches of snow.

See my last post. I feel he has been concealed from searchers under shrubbery or heavy foliage, (or in the pond?) now concealed by several inches of snow.

Okay got It..I thought you were implying that because we have snow falling now a body could not be recovered until spring due to weather.

All is good!:seeya:

Yes! You can! [emoji12]http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/health/pregnancy-brain-changes/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:eek:fftopic:: Wow! Thanks for sharing that article! I find stuff like that fascinating! I'll have to show my hubby now. ;)

Where are you, Tj? In some ways, Tj reminds me of my younger brother. Adventurous, mischievous, fun guy with his whole life ahead of him. Like his Mom said, he wasn't perfect (who is?), but he needs to be brought home to his loved ones. I hope and pray he is safe and warm tonight!!

So is it the news articles getting it wrong? The news says, "According to state police, TJ’s cellphone last pinged in the area of Ross Pond in Killingly,..." I think that is Ross Management Area Pond which is North East of Margaret Henry Road. Which is what one news article says. And we know that wasn't the time he sent that text to his GF. That was at 1:49 pm.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ke-Police-Investigation-Search-408785965.html

So when was his text that he says to his friend "I'm out"? Was that to the same friend that said he was in Oneco?

The gf's text was from Ross pond, that was initially the last text, then later articles state he sent the "I'm out" text which pinged off Margaret Henry road. I believe your article is outdated. It says 12/30. The police were late in informing on the Margaret Henry ping, which is close to oneco and his home. Margaret Henry was last ping, just before 3.

The gf's text was from Ross pond, that was initially the last text, then later articles state he sent the "I'm out" text which pinged off Margaret Henry road. I believe your article is outdated. It says 12/30. The police were late in informing on the Margaret Henry ping, which is close to oneco and his home. Margaret Henry was last ping, just before 3.

Okay there are a couple of articles that actually say LE said it was Margaret Henry Road in Killing. So if you do a search on the road name and put Sterling, CT and then Killingly, CT you just get opposite ends of the road. But the one near Killingly there is the Ross Management Area Pond too. There are several ponds called Ross Pond. There is also Ross Pond in Old Furnace State Park which is North West of that road. Wonder if that confusion came in on FB also.

And I believe he had 2 phones. I think he had one for personal and one for business. But just my opinion, and something I saw on the search for TJ page also made me think the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Okay there are a couple of articles that actually say LE said it was Margaret Henry Road in Killing. So if you do a search on the road name and put Sterling, CT and then Killingly, CT you just get opposite ends of the road. But the one near Killingly there is the Ross Management Area Pond too. There are several ponds called Ross Pond. There is also Ross Pond in Old Furnace State Park which is North West of that road. Wonder if that confusion came in on FB also.

And I believe he had 2 phones. I think he had one for personal and one for business. But just my opinion, and something I saw on the search for TJ page also made me think the same thing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Well he has two Facebook accounts too. Drugs or not, I still think we have to assume an accident occurred until further information is released/known. There's been a lot of confusion about this case. Sad

I had not seen anything about 2 working phones but if he has a basic flip phone with no camera, yet an Instagram, snap chat etc. IMO it's safe to assume he does.

I agree with the general censuses that just because he was rumored to be on a drug run does not rule out the most likely possibility that he had one, or 2, accidents. I'm forgetting how young he is and assuming he had been riding for years. Even so, accidents do happen. I think until details of where he was going exactly (to meet up with friends?), what exactly was said on that 3pm text, and how long it took anyone to react to the possibility he may be hurt (including where they went) are made known, there's not much to speculate on aside from trying to create a line of movement from his pings.

I realize searching for someone in the winter is daunting and probably impossible in that area. And my heart goes out to TJ's family, namely his mom.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It breaks my heart thinking of him hurt someone lying there and can't get help. In my mind, I hope he just ran off or something or went into hiding because he pissed off the wrong person.

Hi, brand new here and local to this case. I'm here because it's better than the cesspool that the Facebook groups have become. I do agree that the community searches seemed quite disorganized, and there were those on the original Facebook group that were so cavalier in their disregard for LE requests to stay out of the woods. Smh.
I can't believe this kid hasn't been found yet. These search areas...I take my kids hiking in these places on a regular basis, and the thought that something so sad (and possibly sinister) happened to TJ really bothers me. I have a son a few years younger than him and I can't even imagine going through this as a parent.
Anyway, just chiming in to mark my place so I can follow along for any new developments and discussions.

Hi, brand new here and local to this case. I'm here because it's better than the cesspool that the Facebook groups have become. I do agree that the community searches seemed quite disorganized, and there were those on the original Facebook group that were so cavalier in their disregard for LE requests to stay out of the woods. Smh.
I can't believe this kid hasn't been found yet. These search areas...I take my kids hiking in these places on a regular basis, and the thought that something so sad (and possibly sinister) happened to TJ really bothers me. I have a son a few years younger than him and I can't even imagine going through this as a parent.
Anyway, just chiming in to mark my place so I can follow along for any new developments and discussions.
Welcome Boudicca79! Websleuths is great!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome Boudicca79! Websleuths is great!

Thanks!
I jut can't wrap my brain around someone getting so swallowed up by the woods around here that they can't be found. I mean, it's winter. Everything is either all sticks or there's snow on the ground. There's no foliage. Look through the trees on or off a trail and a red dirtbike would be easy to spot. The woods are dense but even if you're really out there, chances on you're probably on someone's acreage anyway. That's why I'm kind of incredulous that he hasn't been found.

I'm leaning towards foul play. Because the dirtbike hasn't been found. And if that's the case, I feel like it would have to be more than one person. Disappearing a person (especially one who is young and strong) and a dirtbike is a lot of work for one person. I'm not so sure he sent those texts. I know that there's always an Occam's razor component to these things...but I don't believe the simple "he got hurt in the woods and now they can't find him" makes sense.

Have y'all ever read about the disappearances in the Vermont woods? Google it. So eerie, you would never think a person could seemingly vanish like that with no trace. But bodies are hard to spot in dense woods, especially wearing camouflage. I believe he's out there. Either in the pond, on someone's land, or deep in heavy woods / ravine.

ETA: Bennington Triangle

Have y'all ever read about the disappearances in the Vermont woods? Google it. So eerie, you would never think a person could seemingly vanish like that with no trace. But bodies are hard to spot in dense woods, especially wearing camouflage. I believe he's out there. Either in the pond, on someone's land, or deep in heavy woods / ravine.

No but I will. I am interested in anything triangle. Always had a fascination with the Bermuda Triangle.

It's true that a lot of the forest around here is owned by people. The problem is, a lot of those people are older and often don't think to check "internet news", mostly TV. So if they miss a report about this young man (I haven't even caught one myself), they wont even know they ought to do a walkthrough of their land unless someone thinks to tell them, or they catch a report in the papers. Some of the very older ones may not even be capable of doing walkthroughs, especially through the forested areas in winter. To be honest, if you aren't on Facebook, and you aren't a young person who knows someone who knows someone and the rumors get back to you...TJ barely even shows up on local news sites. The reports are there, but few and far between and they kind of get lost among the near-daily missing kid Silver Alerts that generally resolve themselves in less than 24 hours. For example, the last report on TJ on WTNH's site was five days ago. So if you missed it then, and WTNH were the only site you read for news...out of sight, out of mind. I hope this kid just ran away (safely). Christmas time is rough for a lot of people..I want to believe he just had a bad holiday and walked off to try something new and told his nearest friends to keep quiet about it. That might be too much to hope for, though. :(

Wow! That is eerie! I have never heard of the Bennington Triangle before. Sounds like something David Paulides would investigate. Or has he? Anyway, this is something I will definitely read more about!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back