Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just wondering if something might have been going on with his girlfriend. They should a copy of the text that was sent to her and the previous day there were sad faces sent and that's it. I will see if I can find it. It's on his FB page. Not sure if we're allowed to add that.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Do we have a link to his FB yet?

UGGG! Per the find TJ FB page, a woman says they walked the perimeter of Ross Pond, left water bottles and granola bars there for other searchers. I get they're trying to help, but you're contaminating search areas with things that weren't there before. STOP IT

UGGG! Per the find TJ FB page, a woman says they walked the perimeter of Ross Pond, left water bottles and granola bars there for other searchers. I get they're trying to help, but you're contaminating search areas with things that weren't there before. STOP IT

yeah obviously they all mean well but some of it is misguided.

i am really impressed by the response tho, i wish that i could say i honestly feel like its helping...

i will be happy to be wrong tho.

Thanks! And there was a picture of the texts on HIS page? Or a friend's page? I don't see anything there unless they've gone in and locked things down

I never saw the texts - I looked at his FB page shortly after the story broke and it was locked down then

The FB group is a hot mess. Lot of drama and I know people mean well.

From the Connecticut State Police Facebook page:

***UPDATE ON SEARCH FOR MISSING STERLING MAN***
The Connecticut State Police continue to actively search for Todd Allen. At this time, Detectives with Eastern District Major Crime, K9 Search and Rescue teams (SAR) and the State Police helicopter (Trooper 1) have been deployed and are searching in the area of South Killingly towards the Rhode Island State line. State Police again ask that if you are independently searching in this area that you please exit the woods to allow our personnel to conduct their search efforts.

Troop D ~ DANIELSON is currently investigating a missing person case where 18 year old Todd Allen (DOB: 09/19/1998) left his home at 42 Dixon Road in the Town of Sterling, CT at approximately 1:00 p.m. on 12/26/2016 and has not returned.
Allen is described as a white male, approximately 5’ 10”, 130 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes. Allen was last seen wearing blue jeans, a camouflage sweatshirt and a back pack. Allen left on his Honda XR100 dirt bike in an unknown direction.
Allen frequents the Rails to Trail bike path that goes from Sterling, CT into Coventry, RI as well as the area of Ross Pond. The last phone contact with Allen was on 12/26 at approximately 1:50 p.m. at which time he stated that he had crashed and hurt his leg. Cell phone pings have been conducted in an attempt to locate Allen however the ping of the cell phone indicates that the phone is turned off or the battery died and an accurate location cannot be obtained.
The Connecticut State Police ask that anyone with information please contact Troop D at 860-779-4900.

I'll admit I'm not an outoorsy person in the sense I don't hunt, fish, ride ATVs or dirtbikes, etc. - but is it normal for someone who is going out in the woods on the trails to wear camouflage? I would think it might be a little dangerous.

I never saw the texts - I looked at his FB page shortly after the story broke and it was locked down then

The FB group is a hot mess. Lot of drama and I know people mean well.
It was on the Search for TJ FB page somewhere lost in all of that.

I'll admit I'm not an outoorsy person in the sense I don't hunt, fish, ride ATVs or dirtbikes, etc. - but is it normal for someone who is going out in the woods on the trails to wear camouflage? I would think it might be a little dangerous.
I see what you're saying. Sounds like the area he was in is predominantly bike trails and hiking trails so yes people wear camouflage stuff all the time just not full on gear. I think others local on the area would be able to tell if it's land that you can hunt on.

I see what you're saying. Sounds like the area he was in is predominantly bike trails and hiking trails so yes people wear camouflage stuff all the time just not full on gear. I think others local on the area would be able to tell if it's land that you can hunt on.

bbm - I believe someone local upthread mentioned that it is indeed hunting season and did not think it's a great idea when people don't wear orange vests.

from the admin of the search page so i believe it is allowed here;

bike and backpack confirmed not related to case

police are asking for no more searches by private citizens

phone last pinged at Old Furnace State Park and Cucumber Hill Road (Foster, RI)

somebody get skibaboo some coffee, i think its time for a case map ;)

From the Connecticut State Police Facebook page:

***UPDATE ON SEARCH FOR MISSING STERLING MAN***
The Connecticut State Police continue to actively search for Todd Allen. At this time, Detectives with Eastern District Major Crime, K9 Search and Rescue teams (SAR) and the State Police helicopter (Trooper 1) have been deployed and are searching in the area of South Killingly towards the Rhode Island State line. State Police again ask that if you are independently searching in this area that you please exit the woods to allow our personnel to conduct their search efforts.

Troop D ~ DANIELSON is currently investigating a missing person case where 18 year old Todd Allen (DOB: 09/19/1998) left his home at 42 Dixon Road in the Town of Sterling, CT at approximately 1:00 p.m. on 12/26/2016 and has not returned.
Allen is described as a white male, approximately 5’ 10”, 130 lbs, with brown hair and blue eyes. Allen was last seen wearing blue jeans, a camouflage sweatshirt and a back pack. Allen left on his Honda XR100 dirt bike in an unknown direction.
Allen frequents the Rails to Trail bike path that goes from Sterling, CT into Coventry, RI as well as the area of Ross Pond. The last phone contact with Allen was on 12/26 at approximately 1:50 p.m. at which time he stated that he had crashed and hurt his leg. Cell phone pings have been conducted in an attempt to locate Allen however the ping of the cell phone indicates that the phone is turned off or the battery died and an accurate location cannot be obtained.
The Connecticut State Police ask that anyone with information please contact Troop D at 860-779-4900.

aha, that also says they couldnt determine a precise location thru his phone pings, i was just looking at the map and its about 4 miles between the two spots they mention in my last post - this is the area;

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7800569,-71.8299725,14.25z

the state park on the west side and cucumber hill road running north to south on the east side

bbm - This brings up some questions for me:

- where the phone pinged is not where they are searching?

- they tried to ping his phone but could not get a response, does that mean the last ping detected at Old Furnace State Park and Cucumber Hill Road was likely the text he sent?

Confusing :thinking:

the search FB page was just updated 16 min ago. sounds like they are in specific area

"The Eastern District Major Crime Squad is now assisting with the case, as confirmed by Sergeant Bruce Taylor of the Troop D barracks in Danielson yesterday. Taylor stated that Eastern District Major Crime is involved at this point, as there are multiple statements being obtained in an effort to expedite the process of the investigation."

https://www.facebook.com/winyradio/posts/1438567142822184:0 Read the comments. There's a photo of the phone text.

"The Eastern District Major Crime Squad is now assisting with the case, as confirmed by Sergeant Bruce Taylor of the Troop D barracks in Danielson yesterday. Taylor stated that Eastern District Major Crime is involved at this point, as there are multiple statements being obtained in an effort to expedite the process of the investigation."

https://www.facebook.com/winyradio/posts/1438567142822184:0 Read the comments. There's a photo of the phone text.

Wow. I don't know what to think, really. A guy takes off from his house and then texts that he crashed and his leg hurts, and now he's poof, gone, AND they aren't just SAR, but there is a crime unit involved as well. How many people have enemies at 18? Do they think somebody ran him off of the road or something? Somebody else sent the text? This is confusing. Would a crime unit be involved if they thought a person was just lost?

aha, that also says they couldnt determine a precise location thru his phone pings, i was just looking at the map and its about 4 miles between the two spots they mention in my last post - this is the area;

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7800569,-71.8299725,14.25z

the state park on the west side and cucumber hill road running north to south on the east side

His home is between Cucumber Hill Road and the state park. The last pings could have come from his house.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/42+Dixon+Rd,+Sterling,+CT+06377/@41.7661498,-71.8224432,13z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x89e42d06840bc5fd:0x5011bdcf1bc556d7

Wow. I don't know what to think, really. A guy takes off from his house and then texts that he crashed and his leg hurts, and now he's poof, gone, AND they aren't just SAR, but there is a crime unit involved as well. How many people have enemies at 18? Do they think somebody ran him off of the road or something? Somebody else sent the text? This is confusing. Would a crime unit be involved if they thought a person was just lost?

Maybe they are just using all the resources they have to search for him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974
Back