Found Deceased CT - Todd 'TJ' Allen, 18, Sterling, 26 Dec 2016 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the majority of land within a 5 mile radius of his home privately owned ? Is there any State or Federal land in that same circumference ? It makes a huge difference on what can be searched by the public and what can't. Any searches on private land would need to be done with either permission or a warrant, State and federal land wouldn't.

A lot of it is private, which is why the family asked land owners to check their land and why this search can't be considered "thorough" imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No his first ping was near Ross pond, 2nd ping was Margaret Henry road, which is close to his home and oneco. Based off of the text times, it looks like he was riding near pond, crashed. Then started working his way back home when he text the 2nd time. Never made it [emoji853]

is there enough known to determine that those are two seperate pings and which one came first? i cant remember, thanx.

is there enough known to determine that those are two seperate pings and which one came first? i cant remember, thanx.

Yeah there's an article somewhere with the 2nd text and it explains the two pings, looking for it now. This thread is too long! I'll post as soon as I find it.

allen.jpg
C1Vdz0eXUAA7mFP.jpg

What the heck?!? Did they use a really old pic for the initial missing posters or is the mohawk pic the older one? Doesn't even look like the same kid! How would people who don't know TJ even know if they saw him?

I disagree. Except for his hair style, I don't see much difference in the two pictures. If anything he looks slightly younger in the mohawk picture. Maybe 16 or 17 when the picture was taken. Maybe they are releasing both pictures, because they don't know what his current appearance might be.

This article shows his last ping, the Oneco text, the text to his gf isn't mentioned in this but that was earlier at 1:49. https://www.google.com/amp/wtnh.com...-for-missing-sterling-teen/amp/?client=safari

BBM:
I saw that article before but it says "area of Margaret Henry Road in Killingly"

Not sure if this map will work. But Killingly is North of his home and his home is North of Oneco so he would have had to go to Oneco then the Killingly area, crashed, and then back home. But if the 2nd text was to another girl that said he was in Oneco wouldn't that be backwards or am I confused?

BBM:
I saw that article before but it says "area of Margaret Henry Road in Killingly"

Not sure if this map will work. But Killingly is North of his home and his home is North of Oneco so he would have had to go to Oneco then the Killingly area, crashed, and then back home. But if the 2nd text was to another girl that said he was in Oneco wouldn't that be backwards or am I confused?
That's why I am saying too!! Ha! So at least we are confused together.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My understanding is he pinged at Ross pond which is northwestish from his home stating he crashed and hurt his leg. Then around 2:30 he stated he was in oneco, the ping was from Margaret Henry road. Oneco is just south of his house, I do not know what tower it would use. It just appears he was trying to at least move into the general direction of his home from the initial crash text.

The whole dang situation is confusing and sad. So much hearsay and rumors.

The whole dang situation is confusing and sad. So much hearsay and rumors.

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this confusing!! My mind is spinning trying to keep the facts separate from the rumors! :confused:

I'm glad I'm not the only one finding this confusing!! My mind is spinning trying to keep the facts separate from the rumors! :confused:

The rumors are from locals, people who know TJ / his family / friends ... I put a lot of credibility to what they say, locals know things (example Keddie murders). But none of them, AFAWK, were there that day in the woods with him. Just because they haven't found him doesn't mean he isn't there. And just because he used drugs doesn't necessarily mean this is drug related, or, as his friends have said, "Run off, living it up." Local rumor can be a piece of the puzzle, but it is still just one piece.

There are extremely few "facts" to go on. If the police thought he was out there alive, they would not have cancelled the search so early on.

He's missing. That's really all that's knowable. And he could be missing on purpose, or not alive.

No his first ping was near Ross pond, 2nd ping was Margaret Henry road, which is close to his home and oneco. Based off of the text times, it looks like he was riding near pond, crashed. Then started working his way back home when he text the 2nd time. Never made it [emoji853]

So is it the news articles getting it wrong? The news says, "According to state police, TJ’s cellphone last pinged in the area of Ross Pond in Killingly,..." I think that is Ross Management Area Pond which is North East of Margaret Henry Road. Which is what one news article says. And we know that wasn't the time he sent that text to his GF. That was at 1:49 pm.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ke-Police-Investigation-Search-408785965.html

So when was his text that he says to his friend "I'm out"? Was that to the same friend that said he was in Oneco?

What are the temps and snow levels up there now? I sure hope family and friends have been continuing ground searches up to this point.

So is it the news articles getting it wrong? The news says, "According to state police, TJ’s cellphone last pinged in the area of Ross Pond in Killingly,..." I think that is Ross Management Area Pond which is North East of Margaret Henry Road. Which is what one news article says. And we know that wasn't the time he sent that text to his GF. That was at 1:49 pm.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...ke-Police-Investigation-Search-408785965.html

So when was his text that he says to his friend "I'm out"? Was that to the same friend that said he was in Oneco?
I'm out text: different friend, and stated he was in Oneco. He responded to a text that was sent to him at 1:02. So that exchange had to have happened between 1:02 and 1:49. (Assuming he wouldn't casually text one person after texting another that he crashed and then not responding to her subsequent texts)

There seems to be 2 pings that were reported as "last" pings. One near Ross pond and then later a more specific report of the ping area: Margaret Henry. That Margaret Henry location was reported in MSM near the same time as the info that he texted another friend with the same crash text.

It's all so strange, how does a "last" ping change after a couple days? For days it was reported that 1:49 text was his last phone activity. Then this other ping, oh and another friend also got a crash text at 3, and they now report he indeed had phone activity at 2:30... Did he have another phone that they didn't know to check pings on? Or did they just slowly let information out so well meaning searchers wouldn't go trample through Margaret Henry area? Have I just royally confused myself with these pings?

I'm out text: different friend, and stated he was in Oneco. He responded to a text that was sent to him at 1:02. So that exchange had to have happened between 1:02 and 1:49. (Assuming he wouldn't casually text one person after texting another that he crashed and then not responding to her subsequent texts)

There seems to be 2 pings that were reported as "last" pings. One near Ross pond and then later a more specific report of the ping area: Margaret Henry. That Margaret Henry location was reported in MSM near the same time as the info that he texted another friend with the same crash text.

It's all so strange, how does a "last" ping change after a couple days? For days it was reported that 1:49 text was his last phone activity. Then this other ping, oh and another friend also got a crash text at 3, and they now report he indeed had phone activity at 2:30... Did he have another phone that they didn't know to check pings on? Or did they just slowly let information out so well meaning searchers wouldn't go trample through Margaret Henry area? Have I just royally confused myself with these pings?

I think that is one of the most confusing things about this case: the cell phone pings, IMO. I'm having a hard time keeping them straight.

Can I still claim pregnancy brain...5 months postpartum?!?! :)

What are the temps and snow levels up there now? I sure hope family and friends have been continuing ground searches up to this point.
It's been under 25 degrees all day and about 6 inches of snow right now in the area. There was also very cold rain a few days ago, and a very light snow the other day before this bigger snow. So conditions have not been very great here, I'm afraid.

I think that is one of the most confusing things about this case: the cell phone pings, IMO. I'm having a hard time keeping them straight.

Can I still claim pregnancy brain...5 months postpartum?!?! :)
I agree and it's really the only information that's been released. Nothing about where and when he was meeting friends, how soon after the crash text anyone tried to call etc etc etc

And go for "mom brain" now, there's no expiration date and it's a universal understanding 😉

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back