Custody Hearing - Scheduled for 10/16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking along similar lines last week. NC was ready to leave, but she was also a mother. She couldn't leave without both her girls, meaning she needed their passports to go to the place where she had her support. I'm sure she thought that she was making progress toward getting out.

One way of looking at this that occurred to me is that she loved her girls so much it ultimately cost her her life. So sad.

Oh how right you are Daphne69. :no:

As a former employee of Interact, I can say that the basic answer is "no." They wouldn't help NC through JA. They would, however, talk to JA about resources that are available and what she (JA) could or couldn't do to help.

Great info!! Thanks!!! So Jessica or Diana could have gotten some info and some ideas about how to help Nancy but they would not havebeen able to make any moving arrangements or financial help or some such for Nancy. So that makes me think that maybe the friend called and then encouraged Nancy to call. Maybe Brad found that out and it was fuel added to the fire in his opinion.

Hard to tell from how it is written if it was Nancy or a friend who made the call. If it was Jessica Adam that made the call, it goes a long way toward explaining why she made the choice to call LE and report Nancy missing.

I was confused at first, too, but on second reading it sounds like Nancy made the call. And I think the only reason she didn't leave is BC had the children's passports and she would not leave without Bella and Katie. I do think, though, that Interact can help with passport issues. I think Iad that on their old site.

As far as if Nancy was planning on leaving on Saturday instead of painting, wouldn't the Rentz's have known that?

As far as if Nancy was planning on leaving on Saturday instead of painting, wouldn't the Rentz's have known that?

I think they would have known,yes. I also think Jessica would have known and when Nancy didn't show up at the appointed time or location Jessica became frantic. However I really really don't think Nancy would leave without both girls and their pass ports. Only other theory I have is maybe she was just going to a safe house in the states with the girls until she and Brad could hash out the divorce and custody in court. In that case she could have been scheduled to leave that Sat morning and not needed all the passports.

JA is in the courtroom today as I saw her on the News 14 update at noon. I don't know who else may be there to testify about Interact. Could it be that they were planning on painting the apartment that JA owns, getting it ready for NC to move into with the girls. Maybe NC's parents were helping her financially as they had helped her in the past (again stated in the noon news update, I do not have a link as I saw it live on tv).

I think she was going to stay in Cary, but get out of the house. It had to be horribly unhealthy to have 2 people that disliked each other so, who were yelling at each other fairly regularly, etc. trying to raise children.

Wasn't a mention made of some recent bedwetting or behavioral issues with one of the kids? I could see how that would have brought it home to NC that she had to get out of the house - even if she could not get back to Canada - it was impacting the children.

Something big was on the horizon. The same thing that empowered Nancy most likely drove pushed Brad over the edge, IMO.

This case continues to make me dreadfully sad. As a twin, Krista's pain must be almost unbearable. I hope she has a good support network and is working with a competent therapist.

If she was planning on running away, don't you think her friends would have known especially JA? None of her friends stated in the affy's that she was planning on leaving. Yes she was planning on leaving eventually but not in a secretive manner as being discussed. If that is what she was planning then I think her friends would have said so in there affy's.

That would be another strike against BC for motive if that was the case and he found out...

If she was planning on running away, don't you think her friends would have known especially JA? None of her friends stated in the affy's that she was planning on leaving. Yes she was planning on leaving eventually but not in a secretive manner as being discussed. If that is what she was planning then I think her friends would have said so in there affy's.

That would be another strike against BC for motive if that was the case and he found out...

Exactly. In fact, her friends says they were supposed to paint. So it's pretty safe to assume that NC was not leaving that weekend.

Exactly. In fact, her friends says they were supposed to paint. So it's pretty safe to assume that NC was not leaving that weekend.

Good points NCSU and Garner. So maybe that Saturday wasn't the day but maybe she was scheduled to help JA paint the apartment for herslef and the girls as Livingin NC posted. Thanks for all the ideas and theories everyone.

I will buy coffee for anyone that wants to get together and discuss the case this evening! PM me!

I will buy coffee for anyone that wants to get together and discuss the case this evening! PM me!

I'm watching the NCSU vs Florida State game tonight .
Are you buying beer ? :Banane35:

I'm watching the NCSU vs Florida State game tonight .
Are you buying beer ? :Banane35:

Why do I see us in a sports bar with you drinking the beer and sneaking peeks at the game while you try to insert intelligent comments about the case the whole time? LOL!!!

Kinda like writing off the dinner because you bring up business... once... :)

"At one point Stubbs played a phone message left by Nancy on the Rentz's answering machine on July 7; it directly contradicted Brad Cooper's testimony through a video deposition that he had meticulously cleaned the couple's house while she was on vacation.

"I had to call the exterminator. There were these wormy things; I don't even know what they were," said Nancy. "I'm so furious at how disgusting the house was."

"Under cross examination, defense attorneys asked Rentz about his assertion that Brad had not been a good father; Rentz testified that Cooper did not attend Katie's birthday party.

When asked if anyone had bothered telling Brad Cooper about the party, he replied, "Let me answer it this way: Good Morning America knew."

http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/11171/custody-battle-in-cooper-case-begins/

(This one is loaded with info from today guys.)

here's a link from our local paper -- hope it's not a repeat:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1257208.html

partial quote from article:

A forensic psychologist retained by Nancy Cooper's family testified this afternoon that Cooper's husband has underlying anger issues.

Brought to the stand in the fight to keep Nancy Cooper's young daughters away from their father, who Cooper's family believe murdered her, Dr. James Hilkey said those anger issues have been there a long time.

"He can usually keep that under check, but sometimes, it comes up, and that anger is most obviously directed at family members," Hilkey said in today's custody hearing in Wake County District Court.

Hilkey observed Bradley Cooper over the course of a two-day battery of psychological tests and interviews, the psychologist said. Hilkey said that Bradley Cooper also showed signs of being arrogant and narcissistic.

here's a link from our local paper -- hope it's not a repeat:

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1257208.html

partial quote from article:

"He can usually keep that under check, but sometimes, it comes up, and that anger is most obviously directed at family members," Hilkey said in today's custody hearing in Wake County District Court.

Hilkey observed Bradley Cooper over the course of a two-day battery of psychological tests and interviews, the psychologist said. Hilkey said that Bradley Cooper also showed signs of being arrogant and narcissistic.

EXCELLENT! Thanks, Zoe, hadn't seen that! :blowkiss:

"At one point Stubbs played a phone message left by Nancy on the Rentz's answering machine on July 7; it directly contradicted Brad Cooper's testimony through a video deposition that he had meticulously cleaned the couple's house while she was on vacation.

"I had to call the exterminator. There were these wormy things; I don't even know what they were," said Nancy. "I'm so furious at how disgusting the house was."

"Under cross examination, defense attorneys asked Rentz about his assertion that Brad had not been a good father; Rentz testified that Cooper did not attend Katie's birthday party.

When asked if anyone had bothered telling Brad Cooper about the party, he replied, "Let me answer it this way: Good Morning America knew."

http://wake.mync.com/site/Wake/news/story/11171/custody-battle-in-cooper-case-begins/

(This one is loaded with info from today guys.)

Thanks for the link, DogWood!
Interesting, IMHO.

Gosh, I hope Brad doesn't get custody of those two little girls. After what happened to Nancy, I just can't imagine what would happen to the girls if Brad 'lost it' with them, IMHO.

I like Mr. Rentz's comment about GMA. ;)

JMHO
fran

From the News & Observer:

"Hilkey said that Bradley Cooper also showed signs of being arrogant and narcissistic."

From the Wake site:

Dr. Hilkey: "described Cooper as a very smart, complex man in a “complex, precarious” situation who is “extremely defensive” and has harbored a fair amount of anger for a long time."; "There are times, though, that Dr. Hilkey said Cooper’s anger surfaces, and he tends to aim it at family members."; " “detached presence,” ".

And about JWB's affidavit: "Dr. Hilkey testified that the affidavit supported some of his assessments about Brad’s personality."

So, in other words, what I've tried to relay all along. Maybe now certain people will understand and maybe agree that the ex's aren't a bunch of bitter, axe grinding (sorry, RC) hens (or however else people have attempted to reduce our side to).

I desperately hope those little girls are returned to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025