D. Casey Hires High Profile Criminal Defense Attorney

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If DC is talking about the As, it seems like a conflict for BC- DCs best interest and the As best interest aren't necessarily the same. I think its good he got his own lawyer

And, the wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round...

It appears BC is no longer repping DC and DC has hired himself a high profile criminal defence attorney by the name of Chaney Mason.

Article:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,7435592.story

It makes me think he may be facing some charges, and may be breaking away from the As. Perhaps he might even tell some A family secrets to save himself? It just seems that if they were all still "together", he would have continued with BC repping him, rather than firing him and hiring Mason. I wonder if Mason is also acting pro bono or maybe the As paid the $100 000 plus that DC apparently told Hoover they owed him?

Cheney Mason is a well-known and well-respected Orlando attorney.

this case is providing alot of clients for attorneys in Orlando or did he swoop in from another zip code

No, he's firmly Orlando based and a really good attorney. He's not the "burn your bridges" type we've seen before in this case (imo)...

So what are the consequences for contempt in the state of Florida? Will it be a fine or will he have to go to jail or both?

Unless, LancelotLink, LE offers him a "deal" and I believe he has the type of character that he would turn in order to protect himself. He didn't get a defense attorney for no nothing.
jmo

You got it!

Can they not force him to testify at a deposition???? and even with him cancelling...he will have to testify at the murder trial..I do not understand what he is thinking...And I do think that there has been more to the story with this character..I just hope that when the whole truth finally comes out that DC, CA and LA are all arrested...My personal feelings are that GA has not directly done anything wrong in this case but for the rest of the group I hope that they all face charges in this case...There has not been a one of them that has stood up for the rights of this poor child while she was alive or in death...Just my thoughts

I think law enforcement has Dominic over a barrel, so he got a high-powered lawyer and is turning state's evidence to save himself. He will connect Casey to where Caylee was found and that’ll be the end of the road for the monster mom, but the state probably wants to keep this under wraps for now in both the criminal & civil matters. This can’t be good for the other three A’s either, when Casey’s trial is over they are next on the hot seat.

...or C in their name ???

KC. A. Cindy .A. G. A . L. A. D. C. A. D. A. H.

Sorry O/T

Back to your post...has Jose B. considered lawyering up LOL
-------------------
MDdetective I was just going to say the same thing.LOL.

Is there anyone remotely associated with this case that hasn't had to hire an attorney?! Are there any attorneys LEFT in Florida to hire or are they now having to bus them in from other places?! Will the Judge need to hire an attorney before this is over?!

Loved your post SS. :floorlaugh:

Okay, class, now what have we learned from all this? We have learned that Tim Miller was right six months ago when he warned that anyone who gets involved with the Anthonys gets body-slammed. And I predict the Judge won't be an exception when all this is finished.

So what are the consequences for contempt in the state of Florida? Will it be a fine or will he have to go to jail or both?

I would say his new attorney will work out a date and time. He will do depositions in the case.

I thought after reading DC's interview with LE that he needed an attorney separate from BC who is repping CA and GA. If LE already knew the answers to the questions before they asked DC, then was DC's phone(s) or was his place of business bugged? Just whose phones were tapped by LE (CA, GA, LA) when Casey at home was out on bond? I also wonder if the home was bugged?

No wonder he has decided to get an attorney before he sits down with JM for a depo in ZG civil suit. I wonder why JH didn't have an attorney?

You're right !!! I am so embarrassed :crazy:

I mean good grief...P.I. Casey, Casey Anthony, Anthony Lazzaro, please stop already

LOL

We ought to have a numerologist study these names for some sort of numerical/astrological/whatever connection.

I'm still wondering why L.A was in such a hurry to move out of his apartment.
The story is "hinky" as to his move back in with his parents...(financial reasons?)

Seems to me the A's are doing just fine monetarily.
Is it true that Lee wants to sue Hoover?
What a tangled web they weave...

There won't be any fallout from JM over the cancelled deposition. A sudden "change of attorneys" is adequate grounds to reschedule almost anything, including a court hearing. I'm sure JM has been on the other end of this situation many times. Normally, however, the new attorney would himself notify JM that he'd just been retained by DC and needed some extra time to familiarize himself with the case.

http://www.wftv.com/news/19120795/detail.html

Lawyers representing Zenaida Gonzalez are going after the Anthony family's private investigator for missing his deposition. Dominic Casey asked a judge to delay the deposition so he could hire a new attorney. However, he never showed.

Zenaida's lawyers want a judge to find him in contempt and sanction him for their expenses.

Dominic Casey's private eye license could also be in jeopardy after a judge found that he divulged defense secrets to detectives investigating the Caylee Anthony murder.

Bold is mine.

Looks like that lawyer will come in handy now.

All these news reports are getting confusing. What judge found that DC violated A/C privilege when talking to LE? How did I miss this? It seems a lot of assumptions are being based on the interview with DC we never got to hear because the court didn't release it.

All these news reports are getting confusing. What judge found that DC violated A/C privilege when talking to LE? How did I miss this? It seems a lot of assumptions are being based on the interview with DC we never got to hear because the court didn't release it.

Hey! amethyst. I don't write 'em, I just post 'em. :) LOL!

But I also never heard of the judge rulling on this.

By any stretch, could this tie in with the Florida Bar's new investigation of JB?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back