Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you know her head was POUNDING when she came to.

The worst! It's been over 10 years and I can still feel the pounding. I know some folks can drink that stuff, but I can't. I sure don't know what's in it, but I don't feel that way if I have a glass of wine with dinner. So odd.

Will we find out how much of the box remained when LE arrived? Or heavens, that mom was able to throw it away before LE could find it.

GAHHHH!

Mel

I am just amazed that now all of a sudden we believe what she is saying. And we are believing the media. Unless I missed it, this information came from a tweet. Please correct me if I am wrong. And just because she was drinking doesn't mean she is a killer or would hide her daughter's body. To me that is a huge leap. I certainly don't like it, but I am going to wait for the interview to form my opinion on this. jmo
I believe what she is saying now because I saw her with a 3 liter box of wine.

To me his look is that of shame..not that he hurt his daughter but he didnt protect her.

He knew Debra drank alot..and left his children alone with her. This I am sure is not new bbehavior for her.

pferrin, That is exactly how he looks. He has a look of shame. I agree with the rest of your post also.

imo

I agree with melanie saying that a box-o-wine can get you drunker faster. I drank some rose' from a box at an outdoor 4th of july block party a few years ago. It was like I had been doing shots of tequila. I can usually drink a couple of glasses of wine from a bottle without feeling anything other than a slight nice buzz. But when I drank this boxed rose' I went from 0 to 60 immediately. It was kind of embarrassing. lol Good thing my kids were grown.

The worst! It's been over 10 years and I can still feel the pounding. I know some folks can drink that stuff, but I can't. I sure don't know what's in it, but I don't feel that way if I have a glass of wine with dinner. So odd.

Will we find out how much of the box remained when LE arrived? Or heavens, that mom was able to throw it away before LE could find it.

GAHHHH!

Mel

Maybe it was in the dumpster fire? moo

I agree with katydid23.

But could it also be if she is charged with Lisa's disappearance, if and when, that she could say she wasn't in her right mind too? She can be charged with neglect, but she may get off of a more serious charge of murder because it was accidental perhaps but there was no intent.

Just asking. Has there been any other cases where the defense has been inebriation?

I'm wondering if Lisa was found not alive (praying hard that's not so) could she not get charged with involuntary manslaughter even if she wasn't involved in her death, because her neglect led to it? Just thinking out loud here.

Also Peter Alexanders tweets "and why she (deb) won't let her kids be reinterviewed by KCPD." So they have been interviewed.

I think I have read a case where inebriated defense was used but can't recall the details right now.

All weekend long, my dear DH has listened to my monologues about this case and has probably silently cursed :D me with an array of smileys :shutup: :nerves: :rolleyes: My rhetorical mantra has been: "How long do these parents think that they can continue this charade?" Hopefully, the hide-and-seek with LE is about to end as a Grand Jury convenes to review the case on Tuesday. jmo

The life of a mod is not an easy task. Another poster asked me to change it so I did. :eek:kay:

I'll change it again but THAT'S IT!

:giggle:

I'm sure it's not easy so thanks for all you do :)

I have asked this before... but, if the wine was red... chances are she still had stained teeth and gums at 4am... and LE probably noticed this!

I know, right :) I thought that box o' wine was gonna play into this somehow - because box o' wine gets ya cheap arss drunk in no time. This is MY experience only. Drank it once, never drank it again. I hope to God that the manufacturers make better wine than they did 10 years ago that are not chock full o' sulfites.

In any case, it's sad to hear this. Why did she get plastered that night? The first night SO (significant other, not sex offender) was working the night shift? Is this a habit?

Oh dear --

MOO

Mel

I looked for you Mel. :) Glad you're here.
Imo the box of wine- for whatever reason -hinted to some of us that some major drinking was going on. I don't think a bottle of wine purchased would have made the same impression.

This is sad to hear.

imo

AND

might bear some clarification on one of dad's first on camera answer's when he was asked "what kind of person would do something like this?"

His answer was "someone that would cheat on her husb..." - he stopped very abruptly there - kinda like he caught himself - KWIM?

I think of that too. It was reported on and there is a link here on these threads somewhere.

I also think of Christopher Abeyta, one theory is that a woman his father had known took Christopher out of the house in the middle of the night.

So, theoretically and speculatively speaking then if (big ol' if) either parent of Lisa has not been completely faithful during this relationship we would have to take into consideration anyone that they may have been involved with.

JMHO

Here is my belief. Something happened to baby Lisa (I have no idea what) during the course of the evening and so that the boys didn't see what happened in case they woke up, Baby Lisa was passed out of that window. The screen pulled inward at the corner and the baby passed out of it.

I don't believe that anyone came through that window. :(

Just reading this (not whole thread) after being out all day with RL (good RL).

Did anything else happen today? I am not liking this news at all...suspected it but was waiting for confirmation.

TIA for anyone who can give me a quick recap on this news and any other about Lisa... :heart:

Borrowed from BeanE's CaseSignal:

CaseSignal Case Signal (BeanE)
RT @PeterAlexander My interview w #BabyLisa's parents to air tomorrow @TodayShow. And, why she won't let her kids be re-intervu'ed by KCPD.
1 hour ago

PeterAlexander Peter Alexander
by CaseSignal
Just intervu'ed #BabyLisa parents. Mom: I was drunk nite of disappearance. @todayshow yfrog.com/gz18enqj
1 hour ago

matou said:
What if she wasn't really drunk and she is saying this to save herself from blame? The lawyer may have told her to say that to the press. JMO The cops will know if she was drunk that night, I hope.

That's what I'm thinking. Why in the world would she admit to being drunk when she knows the eyes of the world are upon her and she already feels like she's being blamed. All of a sudden she admits to being drunk. There must be a good reason for this her to admit this. And I believe the reason is she is setting up her future 'I don't remember' answers when she's under oath in court. (Just my opinion). Tricky questions will be asked like 'did you drop the baby?', 'did you let someone else into the house that night?', 'did you harm Lisa?' etc. She prepping her response now. Which leads me to believe that Lisa is never coming home. :( DB is preparing for a trial. She is not preparing for the return of her daughter.

Deborah has admitted that her baby disappeared while she was drunk. The circumstances surrounding Lisa's disappearance are suspect. Although I am an advocate for families wrongly accused of neglect/abuse, I would say that Deborah should not be around the children unless it is supervised visitation until CPS investigates her home and past history. She might be an alcoholic or she might be a self medicating bipolar. There is no way to tell if the children are safe until that home is investigated.

Pensfan, As always, thanks so much for your insightful post. :seeya:

Do we know when this interview took place?

If she is copping to being drunk on national TV, IMO she is hiding a "much bigger secret"! And...I thought there was an accident. :doh:
You tell LE in the beginning, if you had too much to drink, etc. you don't go on national TV two weeks later. She is now out for sympathy & money for her defense, I doubt it will fly IMO. How much will she get paid for this? Good Lord! :furious:

I don't think a baby falling from a changing table would be deadly, though. IMO My son rolled off the changing table when he was a newborn, and nothing happened. Hubby didn't think he could roll over yet. Knucklehead!
lolol glad your son was ok. :)
I'm probably over guestimating. :innocent:

I wonder if PD didn't know this until they saw her purchase the wine. I bet she didn't disclose this to them in their interview.

I am just amazed that now all of a sudden we believe what she is saying. And we are believing the media. Unless I missed it, this information came from a tweet. Please correct me if I am wrong. And just because she was drinking doesn't mean she is a killer or would hide her daughter's body. To me that is a huge leap. I certainly don't like it, but I am going to wait for the interview to form my opinion on this. jmo

I suppose the media person could have made this up or misunderstood but with what cost to his career?

Why would she have made it up herself? Sober mothers don't usually lie that they were drunk. It makes no sense.

When people admit doing something bad I tend to believe they either did what they said or did something worse that they don't want us to know because that makes sense, psychologically. That's what people usually do, rather than make up something that makes them look worse.

I agree that it's a good idea to watch the interview before jumping to more conclusions but IMO if she said she was drunk it's very likely she was. That box of wine wasn't bought to water the plants with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth