Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. But I guess she would rather have people think she was drunk and neglectful, than have them think she killed her own child and then threw her in the woods.

OK, in that sense, it might be some kind of a defense!

So the neighbor leaves at 10:30 and that's when Debbie say she changed the baby's diaper for the last time.

How drunk was Debbie? 0.8 legally impaired for driving drunk, or stumbling down trying to change a diaper drunk?

I can't see her calling anyone to assist her. Who in the world could she call to do that? If she disposed of Lisa's body, I think she did it alone. Drunk.

Still on the wobbly fence. I want to see the interview to put it in perspective.

What if D was trying to change the baby and the baby rolled off a changing table or something else? But why the hedoubbleL would someone not call 911?

While I agree with part of what you said, I feel it's wrong for any of us to consider DBs life "immoral." Every human being lives their lives in whatever way they live them. Considering immorality is subjective at best when looking at anyone or any case.

I'd say that getting drunk when you are the sole caregiver charged with the well being of 2 small boys and a toddler is HIGHLY immoral.

That's my moral standard. If it isn't DB's, then I don't know what to say to that other than...it SHOULD have been her moral standard.

MOO

DB has stated that she put Lisa to bed with a bottle. I doubt she is nursing for that reason.

On an unrelated note:

I wouldn't put it past her, if she were already under the influence, to put some wine or overdose her on cold medicine to help the baby sleep so she wouldn't get in the way of her drinking that evening.

Also, IF DB is a regular heavy drinker, it is quite possible she had a black out. Which means she could have been fully functioning, although on an intoxicated level, and done something to the baby she really can't remember. Chronic alcoholics do this regularly.

Since Baby Lisa was going on 11 months, maybe DB was weaning her infant from breast milk and giving her formula and even solid baby foods by this time. It wouldn't surprise me if Mom put some wine in the bottle, either, to "help" Lisa sleep while she was sick.

If she was drunk, it might have seemed like a good idea to say the phones were stolen...

I think DB smothered Lisa, probably by accident, and staged an abduction the best she could.

A drunk accident is different than a sober accident, and DB knew it, and she was going to do whatever she could to take the blame off herself.

Would the friend not give the baby back the next day though?

Of course. I was just thinking out loud, speculating about what happened when the neighbor left.

What would you do if you were taking your child home, and the neighbor was fall down drunk, and home alone with 3 kids? I just speculated that perhaps the neighbor was worried about the sick infant and decided to take her, especially if Mom was passed out drunk, or close to it.

But then what? Maybe it went downhill form there. Maybe she decided mom was irresponsible, and she knew of a better home for the child, and knew she would be rewarded generously as well. Just speculating, wildly, but thinking out loud.

:seeya: saba! That's a good question.

Another point, if D was indeed drunk that night, this kind of explains J's look during the pressers, his shocked, stoic look.

imo
To me his look is that of shame..not that he hurt his daughter but he didnt protect her.

He knew Debra drank alot..and left his children alone with her. This I am sure is not new bbehavior for her.

On this "drinking problem" - I'd think if she was an alcoholic, or had a drinking problem, her current-soon-to-be-ex-husband (or his family) would have gone public with this fact - and would have tried to get custody of the son.

I'm starting to think she got rid of the child, for financial reasons.

The other two kids, being military dependants, bring in income.
Lisa did not. They actually had to pay for Lisa's healthcare, there was no extra payment from the military for her.

Money seems to be an issue with her; a divorce doesn't cost hardly anything, if it's uncontested. There's a certain level of immorality in DB's entire life. I don't see her being more upstanding in the care of her child(ren).

AND....if she was enthralled by other cases, she may have seen some parents as "heroes", and thought she could attain that status. Maybe speak out (like John Walsh), or be seen as a victim (getting donations, etc).

I may very well be wrong but I thought only one of the boys was a military dependant. The other belongs to Lisa's father, who is a civilian. Besides, the additional allowance for the son who is a dependant would be paid to the military member, imo, not the member's wife unless there was a divorce ~ and we know they're not divorced.

I don't think this family is receiving any monies designated by the armed forces. If they get anything, it would probably be because of the father's own personal ethics and responsibility.

I'd say that getting drunk when you are the sole caregiver charged with the well being of 2 small boys and a toddler is HIGHLY immoral.

That's my moral standard. If it isn't DB's, then I don't know what to say to that other than...it SHOULD have been her moral standard.

MOO

I'd like to know how often she drinks, and if she's ever sought help.

I wonder if DCSF will get involved now with the boys still being under her care.

Very disheartening to hear this. :(

That may be why they are at the g-parents. They can care for the boys.

COULD you all please stop posting until I catch up?
I'm 5 pages behind. thank you

lololol:floorlaugh:

I know, right :) I thought that box o' wine was gonna play into this somehow - because box o' wine gets ya cheap arss drunk in no time. This is MY experience only. Drank it once, never drank it again. I hope to God that the manufacturers make better wine than they did 10 years ago that are not chock full o' sulfites.

In any case, it's sad to hear this. Why did she get plastered that night? The first night SO (significant other, not sex offender) was working the night shift? Is this a habit?

Oh dear --

MOO

Mel

OK, in that sense, it might be some kind of a defense!

I agree with katydid23.

But could it also be if she is charged with Lisa's disappearance, if and when, that she could say she wasn't in her right mind too? She can be charged with neglect, but she may get off of a more serious charge of murder because it was accidental perhaps but there was no intent.

Just asking. Has there been any other cases where the defense has been inebriation?

On this "drinking problem" - I'd think if she was an alcoholic, or had a drinking problem, her current-soon-to-be-ex-husband (or his family) would have gone public with this fact - and would have tried to get custody of the son.

Not if he's an alcoholic too. When in Rome...

Some alcoholics can hide it pretty well, and they're not drunk all the time, so perhaps no one knew the extent of the problem (if there is a drinking problem).

I don't feel like this is just about being drunk. I think she is trying to cover more than just that- an affair, something like that. JMO

Since Baby Lisa was going on 11 months, maybe DB was weaning her infant from breast milk and giving her formula and even solid baby foods by this time. It wouldn't surprise me if Mom put some wine in the bottle, either, to "help" Lisa sleep while she was sick.

That was also another thought of mine. Baby dies and body can't be autopsied due to alcohol content, therefore must dispose of body.

MOO

Didn't LE say early on (or the media did) that the children were staying elsewhere? Maybe this is why...

I bet i know why peter tweeted it.

Dan is on ABC in morning with his interview. He leaked that so public would watch his interview on NBC in morning. HAHAHA! moo

Ratings war.

I bet i know why peter tweeted it.

bwaaaaaaa thats the funniest thing ever :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I think DB smothered Lisa, probably by accident, and staged an abduction the best she could.

A drunk accident is different than a sober accident, and DB knew it, and she was going to do whatever she could to take the blame off herself.

I also think there was an accident--dropping, or overdosing, or smothering--some time that evening. I think the reason she didn't get help is 2 fold. 1. She knew there would be repercussions because of the drunkenness from every direction including JI, and 2. A drunk person has difficulty making responsible choices.

MOO

Agreed! But, on the other hand, to be labeled as "immoral" for one act of stupidity does not seem right to me. I guess that while I agree with you on the fact that getting drunk with children in the house is stupid and even criminal, I just don't judge others morality. Maybe that's why that word bothered me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth