Dan Abrams ABC to Interview Lisa's parents 10/17/2011 & Today Show

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost afraid to watch this interview. Sigh.

I drew a lot of similarities between my own life and DB's on the "Please keep an Open Mind . . " thread. And I think I have done just that. But I feel a need to say this: I have never gotten schnockered when I was the primary caregiver for my children. Ever.

I pray this is just hype and that is not what DB actually said.

I have to log off now because I am just flabbergasted.
This won't be eloquent.

I have much compassion with people (parents or not) who have various life challenges.

Some call me a "bleeding heart". Yeah, my heart bleeds not just for me and mine, but people for whom I have compassion.

People make mistakes...sometimes with huge repercussions.

I am not excusing anyone from being irresponsible, especially if it led to much harm or worse.

Don't know what else to say...just prayers and blessings for all... :heart:

I suppose if the baby was handed out the window and the person on the outside mangled the screen for appearance sake...JMO

Not quite understanding the need to hand the baby out the window when she could've used the front door.

:waitasec:

Oh I TOTALLY missed that!!! He said that? :thud:

So he might have come home, she was drunk, and she told him another man was there and...

Oh man.

Where are you, baby Lisa? :tears:

Didn't JI make some sort of odd reference about cheating on a husband or something like that during an interview?

So it's now being reported by Peter Alexander that DB told him she was drunk the night Baby Lisa went missing?

If DB truly did tell him this, it seems to be a self-serving statement on DB's part, IMO, that seeks to explain why she didn't hear anyone breaking into the house, why the dog(s) didn't bark (or if they did, she didn't hear them), why she didn't hear anything on the baby monitor, etc.

Sure - admitting to being drunk on the night one's 10 month old baby goes missing sounds bad & then some, but it sure as hell takes the focus off why one didn't hear all the things that one should have heard when one's baby was allegedly being kidnapped out of her crib from her nursery that's right next to one's own bedroom, doesn't it?

Personally, I'm not buying the current story of "I was drunk" any more than I bought the absurd kidnapping story.

The "I was drunk" excuse sounds like back-pedaling, IMO, in an attempt to justify the timeline gaps & all the so-called lapses in memory regarding the locked or unlocked front door, the lights, the window, etc.

Better to be labeled a drunk than to be suspected of something else. I suspect DB knows exactly what happened that night, and is using alcohol as a convenient excuse to "forget". MOO

I am so happy that I moved out of my glass house years ago...

Wine in a box is not cheap, does not contain more alcohol per glass than your finer wines. We do not know how many people were drinking it or how much was left the next morning.

We do not know how "drunk" she was. She may have just had a buzz on or she could have been falling down drunk. She may have a drinking problem or it may have just gotten out of hand that night...we don't know...

If she does have a problem with drinking and her brother took her to the store why in the world would he allow her to buy the box of wine? Why didn't he tell her husband? Why if she had a drinking problem would he allow her to be alone with 3 kids? Yes if something happened to Lisa and she was drunk she is 100% responsible however some responsiblity has to fall to her brother and husband if they were aware of the situation.

I have owned a beer store for over 24 years and the stories I could tell. In our State if a spouse or LE tell us not to sell any alcohol to someone because they have a problem with it, we have to abide by their request. I think most States should adopt this stand.

She should be charged like those who drive drunk and kill someone...those who aided her should also be charged simply because when there is another human life involved they should have taken every step possible to prevent something like this happening. Her home needs to be investigated and her other children need to be safe.

Or this is just something to get us to watch the interview (if it is I will be really angry) and she is like me...a cheap drunk....

JMO...

I highly suspect the brother spent at least part of his evening drinking with her.

Where's that family member who said that DB would never do anything to hurt Lisa? Getting drunk while your watching your sick kid isn't an issue in her mind I guess.

Or it isn't a patterned behavior.

I think that her ex-in-laws spoke to her character means she does not have a patter of sociopathic behavior. If anyone would want to throw her under the bus, they would. Most ex-in-laws see their grandbaby's mother as horribly inept.

This won't be eloquent.

I have much compassion with people (parents or not) who have various life challenges.

Some call me a "bleeding heart". Yeah, my heart bleeds not just for me and mine, but people for whom I have compassion.

I am not excusing anyone from being irresponsible, especially if it led to much harm or worse.

I agree to some extent...but not to the extent that involves all these resources being utilized if in fact either parent has information as to where Lisa is.

Ok my initial thought...would she have even admitted this had we not been shown the video of her purchasing the wine. But then I got to thinking about the source...a "tweet". Im wondering if this is just a media ploy to get us all to tune into the interview tommorow. Wondering is the full story Mom says " Everyone thinks--- I was drunk the night Lisa went missing, but thats not true." I know our local news uses this ALLLLL the time to get me to tune in to the 5pm news...and the tweets show up around 4:30...I dont have a specific example to give BUT im sure i will have one tommorow evening! just be careful is all Im saying...they are media and its their job to entice viewers.
Hah!! having to quote myself here BUT just rethinking...if the family gets whim of this tweet from their precious exclusive national interview people....they are gonna be pissed right?!?!? because isnt that why they stopped going to the locals because they were portrayed wrong?? Just thinking about this...man this is getting worse and worse Im afraid in soooo many ways. Im starting to agree that this is only pushing away the people who want to help by all the craziness! But...gotta remember what the ultimate goal is --finding LISA!! Keep praying!

Not quite understanding the need to hand the baby out the window when she could've used the front door.

:waitasec:

Well, just going off the fact that she may have been drunk and may have tried to make it look like a kidnapping all the way down to the window and the phones...and also maybe she did not want to use the front door if indeed Lisa was not alive...

This won't be eloquent.

I stopped being a bleeding heart the day I started reading Websleuths. I don't care what choices you make in life, so long as they affect ONLY you. But when innocent people (kids especially!) die because of your choices, there is nothing in this world that is going to make me find one shred of sympathy for you. NONE. The reason it keeps happening is because not enough people draw a line in the sand when it comes to this kind of stuff. If they DID...Zahra Baker, and countless others, would still be alive.

*climbs down off soap box*

So it's now being reported by Peter Alexander that DB told him she was drunk the night Baby Lisa went missing?

If DB truly did tell him this, it seems to be a self-serving statement on DB's part, IMO, that seeks to explain why she didn't hear anyone breaking into the house, why the dog(s) didn't bark (or if they did, she didn't hear them), why she didn't hear anything on the baby monitor, etc.

Sure - admitting to being drunk on the night one's 10 month old baby goes missing sounds bad & then some, but it sure as hell takes the focus off why one didn't hear all the things that one should have heard when one's baby was allegedly being kidnapped out of her crib from her nursery that's right next to one's own bedroom, doesn't it?

Personally, I'm not buying the current story of "I was drunk" any more than I bought the absurd kidnapping story.

The "I was drunk" excuse sounds like back-pedaling, IMO, in an attempt to justify the timeline gaps & all the so-called lapses in memory regarding the locked or unlocked front door, the lights, the window, etc.

Better to be labeled a drunk than to be suspected of something else. I suspect DB knows exactly what happened that night, and is using alcohol as a convenient excuse to "forget". MOO

GREAT POINT!!! Why not say oh I was drunk thats why I dont remember the true details...and my story wasnt consistent the night before the grand jury is to review all the footage !! Hummmm....very interesting this comes out now and not in the begining!!! Love all the different thoughts/perspectives!!

Yes, I can't imagine a waiter in a fine dining establishment dropping ice cubes in wine...changes the wine completley,
I try to chill my good wine but the ice cubes keep melting through the paper bag. I just swirl it around in my styrofoam cup to lower the temp.:rocker:

Maybe one of the boys gave Lisa medicine while the Mom was passed out? Who knows? Maybe she thinks she may have od'd her when one of the boys may have done it?

Before I forget, if LE did notice or suspect that she was drunk, when they first arrived at the house, they may have asked her to submit to a BAC test (blood test) or a breathalyzer.

Well, just going off the fact that she may have been drunk and may have tried to make it look like a kidnapping all the way down to the window and the phones...and also maybe she did not want to use the front door if indeed Lisa was not alive...

But the crazy thing about it is that the computer room window is in the very front of the house, right alongside the front door. So to me, anything going on at that window is more noticeable than if someone is walking in or out the front door with a baby in a blanket.

Amen! DB thinks she is smarter than LE & the public. She is carefully crafting this "I was drunk" EXCUSE to explain away ALL the inconsistent statements she has made about the night baby Lisa disappeared.

Re-thinking my theory here a little.

IF dad took her and "all dat der dat I said" - then why wouldn't he fess up to LE about EVERYTHING and the whys and wherefores of what he did?

Oh poo - it just doesn't fit now does it? I don't think he would continue to risk criminal prosecution for hindering or tampering or obstruction. Nope, he would come clean, explain it all - produce the baby and, for us, it would be all over.

Ok - nevermind. Back to stinkin' thinkin'

Respectfully, BBM.

It was the night/early morning of "The Perfect Storm." IMO, in a word---it's all BULL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sadiew85