Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
WE ARE THE BIGGEST LITTLE TOWN IN TEXAS.

It really is weird but we have always said that Lubbock was as gossipy and know every bodies business as a very small town would be. It seems like everyone I meet already knows someone I know or is related to them.
Most of the kids raised in town want to move away as soon as they able.
They want to go to bigger towns like Austin, Dallas, etc. Then all the kids from smaller towns around Lubbock come to college and stay. They too "moved up" to a bigger city than the one they were raised in.

Our now regional manager who moved here from Sherman Tx to be our store manager ( before she got her promotion) also stated how Lubbockites are very cliquish and because she moved here later in life she was shunned. Not meanly but she said when people found out she was a transplant with no family in the area and no roots here she wasn't welcomed wholeheartedly. I hate that some Lubbockites treat people like this but more than 1 person I know who were transplants say they ran into this weird mentality. That's why I quoted Dirk West he kinda addressed this issue back in the 60's with his got here quick as I could cartoon.

We didn't have a city DA until the 70,s. We used the county DA before that.
We are not as progressive as some people think.

Give you an example- neighbor across the street from my house- bought house moved in found out his sister in law knows my sister. Sold house, new owners move in the wife's brother knows my husband for years.

The next door neighbor sells house new people move in and my mother knows their parents from another town both sets of parents. Thats freaky.

Maybe my block is a time warp or something. I can't seem to meet anyone who doesn't already know people I know or who aren't related to them.

Jeana (DP) said:
Post No. 20, you're telling people you only want to talk about the EVIDENCE and now this. You're going to have to make up your mind darlin because I'm not going to deal with the backlash because you're wishy-washy.
I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Don't kick anyone out for disagreeing with me or posting something. Jeff doesn't bother me, only someone threatening my life or something like that would bother me.

I have been reading a lot more about the blood evidence and while Darlie's past and present behavior doesn't make me judge her it does make others.

I have noticed some very bright and clever posters here and I wish they too would put forth the effort to do just what beesy and goody have been doing.

Reading the transcripts and looking at all the evidence.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
I'm sorry I couldn't help myself. Don't kick anyone out for disagreeing with me or posting something. Jeff doesn't bother me, only someone threatening my life or something like that would bother me.

I have been reading a lot more about the blood evidence and while Darlie's past and present behavior doesn't make me judge her it does make others.

I have noticed some very bright and clever posters here and I wish they too would put forth the effort to do just what beesy and goody have been doing.

Reading the transcripts and looking at all the evidence.

Hey, it doesn't matter to me and if you don't want to discuss it, you certainly don't have to, but let's make a decision one way or the other, ok??? :) :)

txsvicki said:
I'm not calling Jane a liar or anything and no offense, but people in Lubbock aren't country people. It's a town of about 200,000 and mostly people in professions or university students. There are some old cotton farmers here who are very wealthy but are still educated and do not talk like country people. I bet you are right about descriptions being written like a short story and that is why I am seeing things differently.
Well, that is interesting. I have always thought of Lubbock as a smaller town than that and sort of isolated away from the rest of the state. Shows how much I know, I guess. But I don't think we have to second guess everything Jane says because Jeana knows who she is and approved her to post here. Can't we just take her at face value for that reason alone?

Jeana (DP) said:
Hey, it doesn't matter to me and if you don't want to discuss it, you certainly don't have to, but let's make a decision one way or the other, ok??? :) :)
Discuss what? What is going on? Are some topics off limits?

Goody said:
Well, that is interesting. I have always thought of Lubbock as a smaller town than that and sort of isolated away from the rest of the state. Shows how much I know, I guess. But I don't think we have to second guess everything Jane says because Jeana knows who she is and approved her to post here. Can't we just take her at face value for that reason alone?
Goody...I am not going to believe anyone who says things that can't possibly happen. Things that can be PROVEN to be scientifically impossible.

Goody said:

She said she didn't want to discuss anything she knew of Darlie from Darlie's childhood, etc., she only wants to discuss the evidence. As I said, I personally don't care one way or the other, but I'm not going to have her get angry at posters for asking those types of questions and then two posts later, start discussing that same type of stuff she got angry about.

Jeana (DP) said:
She said she didn't want to discuss anything she knew of Darlie from Darlie's childhood, etc., she only wants to discuss the evidence. As I said, I personally don't care one way or the other, but I'm not going to have her get angry at posters for asking those types of questions and then two posts later, start discussing that same type of stuff she got angry about.
Okay, I get it. She has told us a lot about Darlie's childhood, but I agree she shouldn't get angry because we ask....esp now that she has told us she knew her so well then. I am just glad to hear that there are no topics off limits in this case. I would hate to feel like we have to wear a verbal girdle. You know me, I like peeking under every leaf. :)

Goody said:
Okay, I get it. She has told us a lot about Darlie's childhood, but I agree she shouldn't get angry because we ask....esp now that she has told us she knew her so well then. I am just glad to hear that there are no topics off limits in this case. I would hate to feel like we have to wear a verbal girdle. You know me, I like peeking under every leaf. :)

Ya'll can ask! I don't know if she'll answer and we'll just need to accept it either way (like grown ups!) ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
Ya'll can ask! I don't know if she'll answer and we'll just need to accept it either way (like grown ups!) ;)

hahahahahahahh. Like grown ups, eh? Aw, shucks.

Goody said:
I THINK DP is protective of me because while some people are hateful to Darlie being able to express that hate to someone they know ,knows Darlie is just as good as expressing that hate to her face.

By admitting I knew her I opened up a slew of questions about her past- it is natural for anyone to ask.

Folks I don't know anything , from their past, that would prove Darlie did this or even makes me suspicous of Darin. I can't give you anything more than a few stories that don't mean anything. I would have contacted the investigators at the time and revealed ALL and then some more too,if there was anything to reveal.

I would like to find out more because I am a friend of Mama Darlie, and Darlie's if the task falls to me then I will have to burden it. Time is growing short and both women deserve peace-regardless of what we think of them personally or as friends. You won't convict Darlie in my mind by her behavior, I have asked for convincing forensic evidence please help to convince me using the evidence. Beesy and Goody have done just that and tirelessly they have posted evidence, trial testimony etc. The open discussion I'd prefer to have
would include discussions of those facts. If you think I might know something like the question about depression ,that was a good one looking to see if Darlie exhibited mental health issues early on is good investigative practices. That I don't mind. This site has a lot of information and lots of links the other posters found too.

I have looked at many theories and even wrote a scenario with crack heads as the perps, I didn't try to tie too much evidence into it as I wanted to see if it could be played out possibly. Goody and beesy pointed out several problems with my scenario like how could anyone get thru that garage with no light.
I guess I would have to check the moon chart to see how much moonlight was available and the exact position of the moon at the time of the murders. The garage was one wall of windows, lots of ability to let in light. I didn't do a complete job in my scenario and their questions or doubts made me realize their is a lot more to just having a theory you have to be able to answer everything. This place will make you put your thinking cap on. We walk it out, talk it out, play it out until all the pieces fit.

I THINK DP is protective of me because while some people are hateful to Darlie being able to express that hate to someone they know ,knows Darlie is just as good as expressing that hate to her face.

By admitting I knew her I opened up a slew of questions about her past- it is natural for anyone to ask.

Folks I don't know anything , from their past, that would prove Darlie did this or even makes me suspicous of Darin. I can't give you anything more than a few stories that don't mean anything. I would have contacted the investigators at the time and revealed ALL and then some more too,if there was anything to reveal.

I would like to find out more because I am a friend of Mama Darlie, and Darlie's if the task falls to me then I will have to burden it. Time is growing short and both women deserve peace-regardless of what we think of them personally or as friends. You won't convict Darlie in my mind by her behavior, I have asked for convincing forensic evidence please help to convince me using the evidence. Beesy and Goody have done just that and tirelessly they have posted evidence, trial testimony etc. The open discussion I'd prefer to have
would include discussions of those facts. If you think I might know something like the question about depression ,that was a good one looking to see if Darlie exhibited mental health issues early on is good investigative practices. That I don't mind. This site has a lot of information and lots of links the other posters found too.

I have looked at many theories and even wrote a scenario with crack heads as the perps, I didn't try to tie too much evidence into it as I wanted to see if it could be played out possibly. Goody and beesy pointed out several problems with my scenario like how could anyone get thru that garage with no light.
I guess I would have to check the moon chart to see how much moonlight was available and the exact position of the moon at the time of the murders. The garage was one wall of windows, lots of ability to let in light. I didn't do a complete job in my scenario and their questions or doubts made me realize their is a lot more to just having a theory you have to be able to answer everything. This place will make you put your thinking cap on. We walk it out, talk it out, play it out until all the pieces fit.
You are right. I don't think you know anything about her that could help us figure out why she did it. I won't bother you by asking anything else. Read the trial transcripts and look into some of the blood testing carefully. I think you will find your own certain opinion after doing that. It took me a LONG time to really be certain myself. I studied this trial for years. It WAS a big deal here in Texas wasn't it? I remember reading about it in the papers almost EVERYDAY for a long while. The papers got almost half of what they said wrong. That is why it took me FOREVER to get straight some of the important facts. Also, I watched everything on TV....specials, interviews, news reports...ect. I finally got to read some of the books thanks to our great poster Cami!!! :p Anyway, it is confusing because no matter what your read or see, someone else always has a different opinion or interpretation of the facts. I came to the conclusion that she is without a doubt 100% guilty. I keep looking because some of the pieces to this puzzle STILL don't fit. Also, I want to see inside her head and figure out WHY she did this....WHAT made her snap. I even thought about writing her or going to see her. I guess in my heart...I WANTED....oh God I WANTED it NOT to be true. I now know that she did it. I still think Darin was in on it some how. I wish I knew that fact for sure. I have a feeling that I will NEVER find that out either. The fact is....Devon and Damon are dead. How sad it is...for everyone. :(

Excellent post, Jane. Thank you.

deandaniellws said:
You are right. I don't think you know anything about her that could help us figure out why she did it. I won't bother you by asking anything else. Read the trial transcripts and look into some of the blood testing carefully. I think you will find your own certain opinion after doing that. It took me a LONG time to really be certain myself. I studied this trial for years. It WAS a big deal here in Texas wasn't it? I remember reading about it in the papers almost EVERYDAY for a long while. The papers got almost half of what they said wrong. That is why it took me FOREVER to get straight some of the important facts. Also, I watched everything on TV....specials, interviews, news reports...ect. I finally got to read some of the books thanks to our great poster Cami!!! :p Anyway, it is confusing because no matter what your read or see, someone else always has a different opinion or interpretation of the facts. I came to the conclusion that she is without a doubt 100% guilty. I keep looking because some of the pieces to this puzzle STILL don't fit. Also, I want to see inside her head and figure out WHY she did this....WHAT made her snap. I even thought about writing her or going to see her. I guess in my heart...I WANTED....oh God I WANTED it NOT to be true. I now know that she did it. I still think Darin was in on it some how. I wish I knew that fact for sure. I have a feeling that I will NEVER find that out either. The fact is....Devon and Damon are dead. How sad it is...for everyone. :(
Were you angry with Darlie when you first determined she was guilty? I was. I felt disappointed, almost betrayed if you will. I was esp with the supporters I felt had misled me along the way as well (I won't name names but some here know who they are.) So it has been an emotional roller coaster and I suppose that is what keeps me connected to this case above others. In spite of it all though, as much as it disappoints some, I don't want to see Darlie die. I would much rather see the whole truth exposed and mercy be given to her than to throw away yet another life in this tragic case.

Goody said:
Were you angry with Darlie when you first determined she was guilty? I was. I felt disappointed, almost betrayed if you will. I was esp with the supporters I felt had misled me along the way as well (I won't name names but some here know who they are.) So it has been an emotional roller coaster and I suppose that is what keeps me connected to this case above others. In spite of it all though, as much as it disappoints some, I don't want to see Darlie die. I would much rather see the whole truth exposed and mercy be given to her than to throw away yet another life in this tragic case.
Yeah...a little angry..but mostly the horrible crying of WHY!?!?! I was hurt down to my toes knowing that the last thing a little boy saw was his mother stabbing him...and knowing while I am dying...she is not holding me? Can you imagine what he was thinking? Gosh MOM...I PROMISE I won't splash the water out of the hot tub again! Why don't you love me? Why are you hurting me? As it is now...she is never going to get anyone's mercy until she fesses up. Shoot! I would glady like to see her admit the truth, get Darin in jail if he was indeed involved, for a trade of a life sentence. But it won't happen. We kill them here in Texas. I do believe in the death penalty 100%! However, if Darin is guilty also, I think justice would be served by putting him in jail and letting her off of death row. I think she would hate the general prison population. Come to think of it...it might be WORSE for her than death. Something tells me that I bet she wouldn't get along in there.:loser:

Goody said:
Yes, I was, and yes, I felt betrayed. How dare she look at us and bat her eyes, knowing what she did? Darin too, he's worse I think. Protecting her! It's disgusting! When I came here I had already faced her guilt, but when I read Chris' book before coming here, he had me, he nearly had me.

Yes, thank you very much Jane. I'll try to help all I can. Snooty caused some tension, but we don't need to worry about that anymore, thanks to Jeana.

beesy said:
Yes, thank you very much Jane. I'll try to help all I can. Snooty caused some tension, but we don't need to worry about that anymore, thanks to Jeana.

:blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317
Back