Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
beesy said:
Yes, I was, and yes, I felt betrayed. How dare she look at us and bat her eyes, knowing what she did? Darin too, he's worse I think. Protecting her! It's disgusting! When I came here I had already faced her guilt, but when I read Chris' book before coming here, he had me, he nearly had me.
That is what a poster at GAC did to me in the beginning....leading me on one step at at time, always promising earth shattering evidence to prove she was innocent and it was all exaggerations and misrepresentations of the truth. But when I finally figured it out, I went right back to GAC and ate a big pile of crow...just ask Mary, she was there. LOL! But as mad as I was at him, I was disappointed in Darlie because I truly wanted her to be innocent so I could champion a just cause. I hated having to admit I had determined her guilty. So never let it be said that Goody can't admit it when she is wrong.

Goody said:
Well, that is interesting. I have always thought of Lubbock as a smaller town than that and sort of isolated away from the rest of the state. Shows how much I know, I guess. But I don't think we have to second guess everything Jane says because Jeana knows who she is and approved her to post here. Can't we just take her at face value for that reason alone?
Yes, Goody, Lubbock is isolated. Backwards, maybe somewhat.

I think all descriptions fit Lubbock, the biggest little town, a college town, rich cotton farmers. When I was growing up we always referred to guys at Texas Tech as *advertiser censored* kickers, pardon my French. So it does have a background of being backwards. And while Texas Tech is not the premier university in the state like Texas A&M or University of Texas, it's become fairly progressive. And I think it is the main economic engine for the town, and I think it is like many towns in that the separation between the have and have not is pretty big. There are a lot of small farming communities around that feed the economic engine also, but probably not so much so everybody has a Walmart these days.

And I think the cotton has become a big deal since Levi's (or some major corporation) put together a coop and a manufacturing plant in Leveland which is near by. Don't quote me on this stuff; I'm very vague on the details. But in other words the cotton industry has the backing of a major corporation.

And it part of the Bible belt so you need to take that into consideration.

This is all my opinions and observations from a distant, even more backwards town. I have never lived there.

It isn't a bad place to live but we are different. In order to purchase a 6 pack you will need to leave the city and go to the strip as we call it. A strip of liqueur stores awaits you south of town. There is only alcohol sold in restaurants and bars by the drink. Any package sales must go to the strip.
Cotton is the major industry but one of our bigger little towns has a beef processing plant. The Levi's factory is also in Roswell or was they opened and closed it opened it again in my lifetime. We also have a great deal of cowboy culture in our museums, art, history,. Texas Tech has one of the largest campus's in the world as their farming lands and agriculture college is great.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
It isn't a bad place to live but we are different. In order to purchase a 6 pack you will need to leave the city and go to the strip as we call it. A strip of liqueur stores awaits you south of town. There is only alcohol sold in restaurants and bars by the drink. Any package sales must go to the strip.
Cotton is the major industry but one of our bigger little towns has a beef processing plant. The Levi's factory is also in Roswell or was they opened and closed it opened it again in my lifetime. We also have a great deal of cowboy culture in our museums, art, history,. Texas Tech has one of the largest campus's in the world as their farming lands and agriculture college is great.
Wow, I did not realize that yall were dry. Wow. Where do all the college kids go to drink. Nothing like old TAMU where I think there is the largest consumption of alcohol in the US (don't quote me, but something along that lines)

Like I said familiar but don't live there. Don't worry about different, my town's weirder than yours.

justice2 said:
Ok guys, I call a headstone and a marker the same thing, a headstone. It's placed at the head of the grave ... I'll have to watch the videos again and find where they show the grave. You can see the airplane in the one at find a grave. I'll let you know if the one in the video is different from this one.
I call a headstone one of those great big stones that is upright. The Routier boys' is a marker. I can barely see the airplane and what looks like the wheel of a motorcycle. I also see something which to me looks the NAZI iron cross, but I have bad eyes so...I'm sure I'm wrong

justice2 said:
Wow, I did not realize that yall were dry. Wow. Where do all the college kids go to drink. Nothing like old TAMU where I think there is the largest consumption of alcohol in the US (don't quote me, but something along that lines)

Like I said familiar but don't live there. Don't worry about different, my town's weirder than yours.
They must go to the bar , the club, the pub or even the honky tonk. Yes they can drink at a restaurant too.

Yes we have high insurance rates as we have a lot of DWI's, putting alcohol out of the easy reach of "decent people" is really how to prevent crime and keep people safe on the road.
It makes sense -make people drive somewhere to drink and abandon their vehicles there, we will depend upon the kindness of your friends and others to prevent you from driving. If you stagger around in public you will get a PI so calling a taxi is the best bet or getting a ride home. Our city fathers don't think people can walk to the neighborhood conveince store and purchase package alcohol without causing more havok than I listed by driving to a bar. The funniest thing about all this I don't even drink and it makes no sense to me.

beesy said:
I call a headstone one of those great big stones that is upright. The Routier boys' is a marker. I can barely see the airplane and what looks like the wheel of a motorcycle. I also see something which to me looks the NAZI iron cross, but I have bad eyes so...I'm sure I'm wrong
Beesy come see me I'll fix you up. Sounds like you need no line bifocals, I have been in them for 3 yrs. Love em can see near, far and in between.
Don't let them talk you into a little bitty frame either. Have the bottom fall right above your chhekbone, plenty of comfortable room for all that transcript reading.

Beesy come see me I'll fix you up. Sounds like you need no line bifocals, I have been in them for 3 yrs. Love em can see near, far and in between.
Don't let them talk you into a little bitty frame either. Have the bottom fall right above your chhekbone, plenty of comfortable room for all that transcript reading.
What do you see on the grave marker? I do have really bad eyesight, but it's corrected to 20/20. My meds make my eyes constantly blurry and I don't know if bifocals would help with that, would they?

beesy said:
What do you see on the grave marker? I do have really bad eyesight, but it's corrected to 20/20. My meds make my eyes constantly blurry and I don't know if bifocals would help with that, would they? [url="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_4.gif"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_4.gif[/url]
On one of the medias on justicefordarlie towards the end it has Darin and Drake at the grave site and Darin goes to the left side which is Damon and ask Drake what this is and Drake says motorcyle. Can't really see the marker though.

I look and see if I can identify anything else.

justice2 said:

Now you know there's no way TAMU can beat Sixth Street for alcohol consumption, since that attracts all the OTHER universities in Texas as well as TU/UT...
:slap:

OK, motorycycle above Damon's name and airplane above Devon's name.

There is a cross on the left side of the large ROUTIER in the middle. It kinda looks like an angel. So I guess it is the type of cross your were talking about earlier. Also, the dates are hard to read.

LEFT:
DAMON CHRISTIAN
February 19, 1991
June 6, 1996

RIGHT:
DEVON RUSH
June 14, 1989
June 6, 1996

CENTER:
ROUTIER
Devon and Damon Holding Hands
Through Life And Into Heaven
Now They Are Angels Playing Together

Texana said:
Now you know there's no way TAMU can beat Sixth Street for alcohol consumption, since that attracts all the OTHER universities in Texas as well as TU/UT...
:slap:
Oddly enough I don't drink so I'm probably not the one to even debate this.

But you're probably right. Seems like there is another school that down that way that not as big, but is REALLY known for being a party school. San Marcos?

justice2 said:

I think all descriptions fit Lubbock, the biggest little town, a college town, rich cotton farmers. .

Which makes it not much different than Waco...or Richmond...or Denton.

Except for the isolation factor. There's a lot more miles of highway around Lubbock and not much else. My brother told me before I picked my college, "Go to UT and get lonely or homesick, and you have A&M or home. Go to Baylor and get homesick, and you have UT or A&M or Dallas. But go to Lubbock/Texas Tech and you have...nothing." (All the other colleges are within a couple of hours of college towns or major cities.)

The thing about growing up in such a town is, you tend to grow up thinking favors given on the basis of old friends and people-who-knew-you-when, will last forever. That's the biggest difference I've seen in people who grew up in the smaller towns of Texas, and those who grew up in the bigger cities.

That among so many other things, was a factor with Darlie.

They must go to the bar , the club, the pub or even the honky tonk. Yes they can drink at a restaurant too.

Yes we have high insurance rates as we have a lot of DWI's, putting alcohol out of the easy reach of "decent people" is really how to prevent crime and keep people safe on the road.
It makes sense -make people drive somewhere to drink and abandon their vehicles there, we will depend upon the kindness of your friends and others to prevent you from driving. If you stagger around in public you will get a PI so calling a taxi is the best bet or getting a ride home. Our city fathers don't think people can walk to the neighborhood conveince store and purchase package alcohol without causing more havok than I listed by driving to a bar. The funniest thing about all this I don't even drink and it makes no sense to me.
I'll agree on that. And yeah I don't drink either.

There is just so much money to be made that usually that wins out over anything else, sensible or not.

justice2 said:
OK, motorycycle above Damon's name and airplane above Devon's name.

There is a cross on the left side of the large ROUTIER in the middle. It kinda looks like an angel. So I guess it is the type of cross your were talking about earlier. Also, the dates are hard to read.

LEFT:
DAMON CHRISTIAN
February 19, 1991
June 6, 1996

RIGHT:
DEVON RUSH
June 14, 1989
June 6, 1996

CENTER:
ROUTIER
Devon and Damon Holding Hands
Through Life And Into Heaven
Now They Are Angels Playing Together
Yeah, that's the one on Find a Grave. The picture just cuts off the motorcycle. I don't call that a headstone. It's just a little metal thing.

justice2 said:

I think all descriptions fit Lubbock, the biggest little town, a college town, rich cotton farmers. When I was growing up we always referred to guys at Texas Tech as *advertiser censored* kickers, pardon my French. So it does have a background of being backwards. And while Texas Tech is not the premier university in the state like Texas A&M or University of Texas, it's become fairly progressive. And I think it is the main economic engine for the town, and I think it is like many towns in that the separation between the have and have not is pretty big. There are a lot of small farming communities around that feed the economic engine also, but probably not so much so everybody has a Walmart these days.

And I think the cotton has become a big deal since Levi's (or some major corporation) put together a coop and a manufacturing plant in Leveland which is near by. Don't quote me on this stuff; I'm very vague on the details. But in other words the cotton industry has the backing of a major corporation.

And it part of the Bible belt so you need to take that into consideration.

This is all my opinions and observations from a distant, even more backwards town. I have never lived there.

Being in the Bible belt didn't do Darlie much good.

beesy said:
What do you see on the grave marker? I do have really bad eyesight, but it's corrected to 20/20. My meds make my eyes constantly blurry and I don't know if bifocals would help with that, would they? [url="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_4.gif"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/15/15_10_4.gif[/url]
Dont know what meds you are on or why. Diabetics need to keep their sugar level. If you are not level your eyes tell you as quick as a stick does. Test yourself when experiencing eye sight changes. Bifocals will help with the up close to computer range only. If you see your eye doctor ask him to test you for bifocals, very important--- show him where you hold a book or tell him you do at of computer work. The power for your bifocal will be different depending on where you hold stuff to read.

I see a bicyle or motorcycle wheel, an airplane, a cross, but it is hard to tell with the picture I have seen. It was linked to another posters post somewhere in this forum. So many threads, so little time. The names, dates, wording etc.
The cross doesn't look flat to me like it is carved into the plate, it stands kinda outward. Hard to tell if it is part of the marker/headstone or something someone placed there on top of it.
I'll look for more pics too.

Dont know what meds you are on or why. Diabetics need to keep their sugar level. If you are not level your eyes tell you as quick as a stick does. Test yourself when experiencing eye sight changes. Bifocals will help with the up close to computer range only. If you see your eye doctor ask him to test you for bifocals, very important--- show him where you hold a book or tell him you do at of computer work. The power for your bifocal will be different depending on where you hold stuff to read
I don't have diabetes, but I'm sure if I did, I would know how to take care of myself. I am on Lamictal and Ativan for seizure control, Paxil, Labatelol for high BP, and Zetia for high cholesterol. I sustained kidney damage from toximia during my last pregnancy, but it is not diabetes. It is scarring which makes me spill protein, which in turn makes my other organs work too hard and my BP and cholesterol to go up. Doesn't have anything to do with weight or diet. There is a chance I'm overmedicated, but we cannot play with my seizure meds. It took us 5 years to find the right cocktail and I'm not about to mess with it. The other stuff we do play with and are still working out the kinks. My eyes are mainly blurry a few hours after a dose of the seizure meds. I just live with it, just like any other chronically ill person does.
I see a bicyle or motorcycle wheel, an airplane, a cross, but it is hard to tell with the picture I have seen. It was linked to another posters post somewhere in this forum. So many threads, so little time. The names, dates, wording etc.
The cross doesn't look flat to me like it is carved into the plate, it stands kinda outward. Hard to tell if it is part of the marker/headstone or something someone placed there on top of it.
I'll look for more pics too.

Yeah, that's what I see too on the Find A Grave site that I posted. People were saying there was a large double headstone so I was confused. Just different names in different areas, I suppose. I still think that cross looks the iron cross, not a regular Christian cross.

Goody said:
No. You want to have your eyes checked for cataracts. Some meds cause them,
I don't have cataracts, as of yet, at least. I go to the eye doc every 6 months and I just had my appointment last month. I've worn glasses since I was 11 and my eyesight leveled out for a long time, but has worsened as I get older. But, thank you dear Goody

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaspurrjax
Back