Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's a good question. Maybe they do. I can only recall two women who have been executed in recent memory. Karle Tucker and a woman named Wanda Jean (can't remember her last name). Some considered both of their transformations into "Christians" as reasons why their death sentences should be overturned. I don't remember that ever happening with a man.

I don't believe our legal system is nearly as broken as some people think either. Surely, its not perfect; however, the resources, time, money, effort and other precations in place give those on death row with numerous opportunities to prove their convictions should be overturned. People have been let off of death row who have been proven to be innocent, but how many can any of us name who were executed? I can't think of one. To me, the system works when the innocent are released. If you were to listen to Darlie's supporters, the State of Texas put her on death row KNOWING she was innocent. Conversely, that would mean the state would EXECUTE her KNOWING she was innocent and that wouldn't happen.

I agree with that. Why would the want to execute an innocent little housewife they didn't know. I think it's always those who couldn't or didn't get the courts to go their way that gripe about the "broken" system. Certainly, it's not perfect. Lawmakers are human and therefore subject to mistake. Huh I think it's these killers that aren't human.

I agree with that. Why would the want to execute an innocent little housewife they didn't know. I think it's always those who couldn't or didn't get the courts to go their way that gripe about the "broken" system. Certainly, it's not perfect. Lawmakers are human and therefore subject to mistake. Huh I think it's these killers that aren't human.

EXACTLY!!!!:clap::clap::clap::blowkiss:

Completely agree!!!!

That's a good question. Maybe they do. I can only recall two women who have been executed in recent memory. Karle Tucker and a woman named Wanda Jean (can't remember her last name). Some considered both of their transformations into "Christians" as reasons why their death sentences should be overturned. I don't remember that ever happening with a man.
Then there was Francis Newton executed in 2005 I think, her attorneys are still working to try to prove that either her trial was unfair or that she is innocent. I am not sure at this time exactly where it all stands but they are still working on it.

Then there was Francis Newton executed in 2005 I think, her attorneys are still working to try to prove that either her trial was unfair or that she is innocent. I am not sure at this time exactly where it all stands but they are still working on it.

Yeah, I forgot about her. Thanks. Who was that guy whose attorneys fought even after he was executed to have his conviction overturned. They tested some DNA and proved he was guilty. That was sweet!

There was also Betty Lou Beets executed in 2000

And that Francis woman......I can't think of her last night but I believe they executed her after Karla. She shot and killed her husband and kids for the Life Insurance according to the State of Texas.

Opps didn't see were you guys already mentioned her. Anyhow there have been 11 women executed since 1984. 9 White and 2 Black. I wonder what the number is for the men since 1984.

Don't forget Eileen Wurnos as well...subject of the film "Monster."

Don't forget Eileen Wurnos as well...subject of the film "Monster."

That's right!!!! They sure didn't give her any special treatment, did they? Not that they should have. She didn't try to claim conversion though. She actually gave up her appeals. A true woman, IMO.

That's right!!!! They sure didn't give her any special treatment, did they? Not that they should have. She didn't try to claim conversion though. She actually gave up her appeals. A true woman, IMO.

So was Christina Riggs. She was excuted in OK. She killed her two kids and than took an overdose and in injection that still didn't kill her. She gave up her appeals.

Yeah, I forgot about her. Thanks. Who was that guy whose attorneys fought even after he was executed to have his conviction overturned. They tested some DNA and proved he was guilty. That was sweet!

That was Ronald Coleman, the poster boy for the innocent sentenced to death. He was on the cover of Time I think. Yes, it certainly was sweet.

That was Ronald Coleman, the poster boy for the innocent sentenced to death. He was on the cover of Time I think. Yes, it certainly was sweet.

I'll never forget the look on his attorney's face. To his credit, however, he took it like a man and said he had been fooled by the best - his own client!

Weren't they trying to get it overturned on the basis she was marginally retarded? I didn't know it was her conversion. the documentary is quite frequently on A&E, you know how they like to repeat things. I'll have to watch it again, I forget so much in my old age, LOL.

Weren't they trying to get it overturned on the basis she was marginally retarded? I didn't know it was her conversion. the documentary is quite frequently on A&E, you know how they like to repeat things. I'll have to watch it again, I forget so much in my old age, LOL.

They usually do!!! They did with Wanda Jean. Her attorneys agreed to a whole documentary called "The Execution of Wanda Jean." If you ever see it listed, watch it. Its very, very strange. Her attorney is very "touchy feely" with her family and he sweats like a stuck pig.:eek:

They usually do!!! They did with Wanda Jean. Her attorneys agreed to a whole documentary called "The Execution of Wanda Jean." If you ever see it listed, watch it. Its very, very strange. Her attorney is very "touchy feely" with her family and he sweats like a stuck pig.:eek:

I saw it and also thought it was odd that he was so "touchy feely". I thought that Wanda Jean was really working him and had him fooled.

Lois Nadean Smith was executed in Oklahoma in 2001. She tried the 'below average IQ' and 'organic brain damage' defenses after her conviction. That was BS. I knew Nadean, her son, and her victim.

I saw it and also thought it was odd that he was so "touchy feely". I thought that Wanda Jean was really working him and had him fooled.

What about her family!!!! YIKES. When he's sitting practically on her mom's lap and the son is on the phone and says "I hear I'm supposed to be callin you daddy now." :eek: I'm like WTF??? Then he says he's gonna kill him.

This attorney was TOO involved with his client and her family, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhernan1215
Back