Darlie Routier asks for DNA testing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mary456 said:
Don't know where you heard this, rachellee, but it's incorrect. Both Darlie & Darin had life insurance policies, but they were purchased years before the murders. Insurance really had nothing to do with this crime.
I heard this on the "Million dollar mysteries" show it is one the website justice for darlie and in the clip it says that darin did that. I thought it was pretty bogus or surely more would be brought up about it. I guess i need to stick with the trial transcripts. It is so hard to know what to believe because alot of stuff is misleading. What do you think about the holes in Darlie's shirt that were from someone pulling her shirt and stabbing but they actually didn't stab her there just left holes? Did that make any sense??

julianne said:
Okay, gotcha. Makes sense to me.

I've always pretty much been on the fence about this case, but now, I'm leaning towards thinking that she did it, but then I go back to thinking she's innocent. Maybe that's just because I don't WANT to think she did it. I WANT to be able to blame a "bad guy", for lack of a better word. Of course, the silly string has always been bizarre to me. Not just the act of spraying it--but also the fact that she had a whole face full of makeup on & her hair was done up. It really really bothered me that she cared how she looked to other people, so soon after losing her little boys so tragically. I know if that kind of tragedy ever befell me, it would be a very very long time before I gave a crap about what I looked like. To me, in the face of heartache, such superficial & shallow things like doing your hair and makeup DAYS later just doesn't compute for me.

Still, it's hard wrapping my brain around the fact that she did it. So many unanswered questions...
I think most people who post on this case have some of the same feelings. You'd think that if a mother decided to kill their child, they would pick as near a painless method as possible instead of something so gruesome, but knives are often used in domestic killings, I think because you don't have to explain or get rid of the murder weapon if your "intruder" uses one from your own kitchen. And intruders very often do just that so the weapon won't be traced back to them like ballistics on a gun.

I noticed the mother of little Abby who was slashed and stabbed by the kidnapper was cut straight across her neck instead of on a downward slope the way Darlie was. More confirmation that Darlie's wound was self inflicted. Plus Abby's mom had many, many cuts that Darlie did not have.

rachellee said:
....... What do you think about the holes in Darlie's shirt that were from someone pulling her shirt and stabbing but they actually didn't stab her there just left holes? Did that make any sense??
I think Darlie was trying to make it look like someone had pulled her by the shirt while trying to stab her and just missed knicking her skin. Not very convincing. If it had happened that way, I would expect to see some knicks, even if just scratches or very shallow cuts. So my conclusion is that those cuts in the shirt were just part of the staging.

rachellee said:
I guess i need to stick with the trial transcripts.

It's the only way to fly! Some of those shows - not to mention what's on Darlie's website - are so misleading, it breaks my heart, lol.

rachellee said:
What do you think about the holes in Darlie's shirt that were from someone pulling her shirt and stabbing but they actually didn't stab her there just left holes? Did that make any sense??

I agree with Goody. The cuts in Darlie's shirt were part of the staging. There were no corresponding wounds in her skin...the chance of that happening are next to none.

julianne said:
It really really bothered me that she cared how she looked to other people, so soon after losing her little boys so tragically.

That's nothing, Julianne. Shortly after the murders, Darlie and Darin were removing the wreaths, teddy bears, etc., that friends had placed in the Routier's yard. Darin was throwing the stuffed animals to Darlie; when she made a good catch, she'd jump up & clap like a cheerleader. She'd toss it back to him & then he'd chuck it in their car.

How sick is that? Sounds like it came from one of the TV shows, but it didn't. It's in the transcript. Their neighbor across the street, Nelda Watts, saw the whole thing & testified during the punishment phase. Hard to believe, isn't it?

ETA: Your dancing tree is really something. I love it.

EW that is just terrible that a mom would catch and toss these momentos and act like it's a big game. sick.

Ok I have realized something that I can't explain- if she planned to do this (even just minutes before) why in the heck would she keep the knife (her own) in the house? why wouldn't she have dropped the murder weapon when she dropped the sock yards away. If any "planting" of evidence were to be done it sure would have been the murder weapon rather than a sock you would think. OR if not dropping it down the storm drain why not hide it or wash it off and put it back in the butcher block-I mean if she was really trying to stage the scene to cover her own hind end. Just doesn't make sense for her to say- I picked up the knife and voila here it is still in my kitchen after I did it. I don't know about that??????????????????????

Kitty5001 said:
EW that is just terrible that a mom would catch and toss these momentos and act like it's a big game. sick.

Ok I have realized something that I can't explain- if she planned to do this (even just minutes before) why in the heck would she keep the knife (her own) in the house? why wouldn't she have dropped the murder weapon when she dropped the sock yards away. If any "planting" of evidence were to be done it sure would have been the murder weapon rather than a sock you would think. OR if not dropping it down the storm drain why not hide it or wash it off and put it back in the butcher block-I mean if she was really trying to stage the scene to cover her own hind end. Just doesn't make sense for her to say- I picked up the knife and voila here it is still in my kitchen after I did it. I don't know about that??????????????????????

I think that makes perfect sense. What doesn't make any sense is why an intruder would break into a house with the sole intention of murdering Darlie and not brining his own or their own weapon along. She's claimed all along that SHE was the reason that the intruder came into the house. That SHE was the target. That SHE was attacked first. Why take the risk of going in there for that "sole" reason and not be armed?

julianne said:
Of course, the silly string has always been bizarre to me. Not just the act of spraying it--but also the fact that she had a whole face full of makeup on & her hair was done up. QUOTE]

Look again....at the silly string tape.....makeup and hair done up? I think not, at least not the way Darlie does it. Maybe you do your makeup like that but not Darlie. She was a young woman who just wanted to look pretty but on the silly string video I saw no makeup and hair done up.
JMHO

Mary456 said:
That's nothing, Julianne. Shortly after the murders, Darlie and Darin were removing the wreaths, teddy bears, etc., that friends had placed in the Routier's yard. Darin was throwing the stuffed animals to Darlie; when she made a good catch, she'd jump up & clap like a cheerleader. She'd toss it back to him & then he'd chuck it in their car.

How sick is that? Sounds like it came from one of the TV shows, but it didn't. It's in the transcript. Their neighbor across the street, Nelda Watts, saw the whole thing & testified during the punishment phase. Hard to believe, isn't it?
Mary, correct me if I am wrong on this but I thought it was later found out to be Darlie's sister in this little scene.:woohoo: :confused:

Where does she say that she thinks she was the target? Plus she was not attacked first and she knows that because she looks at the boys after in the light and sees they are stabbed -that is in her own words- at no time does she say she is attacked first.

enigma said:
julianne said:
Of course, the silly string has always been bizarre to me. Not just the act of spraying it--but also the fact that she had a whole face full of makeup on & her hair was done up. QUOTE]

Look again....at the silly string tape.....makeup and hair done up? I think not, at least not the way Darlie does it. Maybe you do your makeup like that but not Darlie. She was a young woman who just wanted to look pretty but on the silly string video I saw no makeup and hair done up.
JMHO

That she even considered her looks during that time period is inconceivable.

Kitty5001 said:
Where does she say that she thinks she was the target? Plus she was not attacked first and she knows that because she looks at the boys after in the light and sees they are stabbed -that is in her own words- at no time does she say she is attacked first.

Yeah, I think she did. Are you now trying to say that the boys were the intended target? Why would anyone break in to murder two little boys? Wasn't Darlie's "beauty" the reason someone tried to break in and rape her not knowing that the boys were downstairs?

No no no.. I was not saying that anyone was any intended target -I was just originally saying that I thought if she was going cover it all up why would she keep the knife in the house and run the sock instead down the alley- somehow everything got off topic.

I don't know the answer to that question. I don't know why she did most of what we've heard of her life. I cannot get into that mindset and thank God for that. I don't believe she did anything that didn't relate to HER in some fashion. SHE was the center of her universe and if what was going on around her wasn't about her, she soon made it about her no matter what she had to do to turn the focus. I'm too busy to recall everything, but Darin's graduation party, one of the boy's birthday party and the final birthday party at the grave are three examples that I can give you this minute. I'm sure that other posters could fill in the blanks on this topic and may even be able to point you in the direction of where Darlie claims to have been the intended target, her husband saying so and her mother saying so as well, to this day I believe.

enigma said:
julianne said:

JMHO
OK, so she just wanted to "look pretty" on the silly string video. My point is that, even as a fence sitter, it is bizarre to me that a grieving mother would even CARE whether or not she looked pretty to other people days after her little boys were brutally killed. I can't understand that. Like I said, TO ME-I would not care whether or not I looked pretty. I just wouldn't care. I would probably take me days and days before I could even manage a shower--the devastation would cripple me.

enigma said:
Mary, correct me if I am wrong on this but I thought it was later found out to be Darlie's sister in this little scene.:woohoo: :confused:

Darlie's camp started the rumor that it was Dana & Darin, but according to Nelda Watts, it was Darlie. Nelda & her husband had lived across the street from the Routiers for several years...she knew exactly what Darlie looked like, it was a clear day & she had a good view from her downstair's window. It was Darlie alright.

In fact, Dana wasn't even brought up in the cross-examination of Nelda Watts. It's amazing how many "urban legends" have sprung up in this case over the years!

Kitty5001 said:
why wouldn't she have dropped the murder weapon when she dropped the sock yards away. If any "planting" of evidence were to be done it sure would have been the murder weapon rather than a sock you would think. OR if not dropping it down the storm drain why not hide it or wash it off and put it back in the butcher block
Kitty, many people - myself included - don't believe that Darlie "planted" the sock to suggest an intruder. If that were the case, she could have simply thrown it in the backyard where the police would be sure to find it. Why run 75 yards to dump the sock? I think she initially used the sock to cover the knife handle (remember her concern with fingerprints?) and then felt she had to get rid of it, because it tied her to the crime...psychologically speaking, if that makes any sense :crazy:

The knife? Well, one theory is that Darlie did rinse off the knife & then realized that Damon was still alive. She had to stab him again. By this time, her own wounds were bleeding pretty good, she became frightened for her own life, and traded in her original plan for a quick call to 911.

Kitty, many people - myself included - don't believe that Darlie "planted" the sock to suggest an intruder. If that were the case, she could have simply thrown it in the backyard where the police would be sure to find it. Why run 75 yards to dump the sock? I think she initially used the sock to cover the knife handle (remember her concern with fingerprints?) and then felt she had to get rid of it, because it tied her to the crime...psychologically speaking, if that makes any sense :crazy:

If she used the sock to cover her prints then she would have never had to say 'I already touched the knife'. makes no sense.

The knife? Well, one theory is that Darlie did rinse off the knife & then realized that Damon was still alive. She had to stab him again. By this time, her own wounds were bleeding pretty good, she became frightened for her own life, and traded in her original plan for a quick call to 911.

That would make sense why she didn't stash the knife along with the sock (bleeding too much and would trail to the storm drain and then cover up pointed right at her once they found out it was her blood on the way there)

Kitty5001 said:
If she used the sock to cover her prints then she would have never had to say 'I already touched the knife'. makes no sense.

Kitty, Damon was stabbed again after he moved his original position, after the sock was in the alley and after Darlie inflicted her own wounds. No blood was found outside the home so if Darlie put it in the alley it was before she inflicted any of her own wounds and quite possibly before Damon was stabbed again.

Actually little did Darlie know the knife handle was not conducive for prints anyway.

Gotcha! I always thought that she stabbed the second time before she ran the sock but that would make sense. I still don't get how the blood from both boys had to be all over her night shirt and why any of that blood was not found from the house to the alley.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back