Darlie Supporters and Darin Routier

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cowgirl said:
Oh, here's a warning...punishment coming...Darin may think he got a trophy wife but he got the boobie prize...LOL...get it? *advertiser censored*...I knew you would groan!

I may be too old to know cool, but my son isn't and he thinks Darin is a drip. Mullets? try the 70's--disco era, remember? Rod Stewart was the last guy who was cool in one, other than hockey players, that is...

The biggest mistake most of us make style-wise is getting stuck in a style that was cool when they were in high school. That is why I tease my hair and wear it in a beehive or a bubble! Ha! Pleated plaid skirt and knee sox with penny loafers...

My son also thinks Darin is gay, but everything is gay if he doesn't like it!
Well, you know cool is in the eyes of the peer group beholding it. hahahahaha. I am sure in Darin's circle, he was cool with his mullet and hot car. LOL!

How old is your son?

My son is 26 and he thinks Darin was in on it because he doesn't believe he would be this devoted to Darlie if he weren't. That is a big strike against him for me, too.

Tell your son that Goody knows a lot of gay guys and Darin is definitely not gay. hahahahaha/

Goody said:
I was in my twenties in the 70's and I never heard of a mullet back then. LOL! I lived in LA, too. Are you sure they were a product of the 70's? First I saw of them was in the 80's and that was in Tennessee.

O, I loved my bells. Nothing like them with a pair of sharp western boots and little bolero. How could you hate bellbottoms????

What I hated were the braless tops. One time we were walking down the aisle in a grocery when I turned to ask my sister-n-law a question. She was very well endowed, and one of her *advertiser censored* was above the empire waist seam and the other was below it. I don't know who looked worse in those darned things.
Lol, Bells became so dated and I am short and they always dragged on the ground, getting soiled and frayed on me, plus they were hiphuggers, remember? And they didn't do a thing for my shape. I don't know how the girls today who are a little chubby can wear the low rise style and go around with their fat bellies showing--that is not attractive at all.

All I can think of in bells and a bolero is Cher and I am not a big fan of her voice. I like her acting though. I cannot even imagine what one boob over and one boob under an empire waist dress looks like, but it sounds hilarious! I loved the empire waist though, didn't you? For fat bottomed girls like me, they covered a multitude of sins. Those were the days when I wore dresses!

Rod Stewart was the first guy with a mullet that I can remember and he had one way, way back in like 77 or 78. I guess the other disco ducks didn't get them for a few more years, huh?

Cowgirl said:
Lol, Bells became so dated and I am short and they always dragged on the ground, getting soiled and frayed on me, plus they were hiphuggers, remember? And they didn't do a thing for my shape. I don't know how the girls today who are a little chubby can wear the low rise style and go around with their fat bellies showing--that is not attractive at all.

All I can think of in bells and a bolero is Cher and I am not a big fan of her voice. I like her acting though. I cannot even imagine what one boob over and one boob under an empire waist dress looks like, but it sounds hilarious! I loved the empire waist though, didn't you? For fat bottomed girls like me, they covered a multitude of sins. Those were the days when I wore dresses!

Rod Stewart was the first guy with a mullet that I can remember and he had one way, way back in like 77 or 78. I guess the other disco ducks didn't get them for a few more years, huh?
My bells were not hiphuggers. I think those came later. Hahahahaha. My ex used to wear bells, too. He even had a wig to hide his bald spot. He started balding young. One night I looked at him (we were in a club having a few drinks) and his wig had shifted. It was almost sideways. Me and my girlfriend laughed out butts off. We didn't dare tell him why though.

Yes, the empire waist thing was funny. She looked like she had only one boob. hahahahaha! Yes, I liked the empire waist dresses. It was those darned braless tops with the seam right under the breastline that had her boob trapped.

In 77 and 78, I was having babies. Lost my interest in clubs and rock music. hahahaha. Only temporarily though...for the music,t hat is. Never did pick up the club habit again. It was just something to do for a while in my youth. Even then it was sparodic. Never did go much for carousing.

Goody said:
I was in my twenties in the 70's and I never heard of a mullet back then. LOL! I lived in LA, too. Are you sure they were a product of the 70's? First I saw of them was in the 80's and that was in Tennessee.

O, I loved my bells. Nothing like them with a pair of sharp western boots and little bolero. How could you hate bellbottoms????

What I hated were the braless tops. One time we were walking down the aisle in a grocery when I turned to ask my sister-n-law a question. She was very well endowed, and one of her *advertiser censored* was above the empire waist seam and the other was below it. I don't know who looked worse in those darned things.

I went to a 70s party last night. I was only born 2 years before it ended so don't have great memories ;) But some of the outfits at the party last night- wow!

Goody said:
Well, you know cool is in the eyes of the peer group beholding it. hahahahaha. I am sure in Darin's circle, he was cool with his mullet and hot car. LOL!

How old is your son?

My son is 26 and he thinks Darin was in on it because he doesn't believe he would be this devoted to Darlie if he weren't. That is a big strike against him for me, too.

Tell your son that Goody knows a lot of gay guys and Darin is definitely not gay. hahahahaha/
My son is 34. I had him when I was just a baby of 17, so we kind of grew up together and he can say anything to me. Well, almost anything except that I look old or fat! We went through long periods of time when everything was gay or gay-looking and it seemed to be the barometer on which his peer group guaged all things. Now, we laugh about that and if I ask him how something looks on me, I often say, "How does this look...too gay?" and we chuckle now.

I believe geeky is more appropriate than gay for Darin, but he has a speech mannerism where his S's are a bit swishy. Not enough to be gay, but not exactly macho either. It's a picky point, but hey, we're being picky here! I don't think Darin has much of a peer group or else one of them would have told him what a bimbo he was about to marry...

Cowgirl said:
Sorry, Beesy, I didn't mean to imply that the Mullet was all over in the seventies, it just started then. For some guys, it will never be over! Stuck in the seventies is just as ugly as stuck in the sixties, to me. And hockey guys still wear mullets. Maybe they will come back in style...heck, bell bottom jeans came back and those are awful!

:eek: :eek: :eek: Bell bottoms awful!!! I love my bells, I am so glad they came back into style, LOL. The first time I heard to that hair cut referred to as a mullet was with Billy Ray Cyrus.

Weren't the seventies more wide leg jeans than bells? Stovepipes they were called. I seem to recall giving up my wide legs about 1978 when straight legged jeans came back in vogue. And oh those hip huggers. Yes, I wouldn't be caught dead in them back then and now that's all you see today. Course I always had a bit of a bellie so I couldn't wear them anyway, LOL

cami said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: Bell bottoms awful!!! I love my bells, I am so glad they came back into style, LOL. The first time I heard to that hair cut referred to as a mullet was with Billy Ray Cyrus.

Weren't the seventies more wide leg jeans than bells? Stovepipes they were called. I seem to recall giving up my wide legs about 1978 when straight legged jeans came back in vogue. And oh those hip huggers. Yes, I wouldn't be caught dead in them back then and now that's all you see today. Course I always had a bit of a bellie so I couldn't wear them anyway, LOL

The topics we get on to here!! I love it.

NO ONE looks good in those low rider jeans. I don't care if you're a size zero - they look like crap. They can make someone with 5% body fat look like a pig! :) :) :)

Jeana (DP) said:
The topics we get on to here!! I love it.

NO ONE looks good in those low rider jeans. I don't care if you're a size zero - they look like crap. They can make someone with 5% body fat look like a pig! :) :) :)
I agree. Nothing less attractive on the female body than pants that stop right there. And what is with all the belly exposure? I guess men would rather see bellies than *advertiser censored* these days! Knowing what I know about belly rings and infection, it is a terrible price to pay to risk septic shock and such for a ring through the belly...

I guess we should get back on the topic...let's see, we covered that Darin is a nerd...

Anyone know what Darin is up to these days? The only things I have seen on the local news in Dallas is old clips of him.

Cowgirl said:
I agree. Nothing less attractive on the female body than pants that stop right there. And what is with all the belly exposure? I guess men would rather see bellies than *advertiser censored* these days! Knowing what I know about belly rings and infection, it is a terrible price to pay to risk septic shock and such for a ring through the belly...

I guess we should get back on the topic...let's see, we covered that Darin is a nerd...

Anyone know what Darin is up to these days? The only things I have seen on the local news in Dallas is old clips of him.
When I was growing up there was nothing nerdier than Wrangler jeans and a brass buckle. The horror! My husband says his parents wouldn't buy him anything but Wranglers, poor dear.
I've been thinking, are you sure Rod baby had the classic mullet? I'm picturing him with the male version of Farrah hair, layered with those awful "wings".

beesy said:
When I was growing up there was nothing nerdier than Wrangler jeans and a brass buckle. The horror! My husband says his parents wouldn't buy him anything but Wranglers, poor dear.
I've been thinking, are you sure Rod baby had the classic mullet? I'm picturing him with the male version of Farrah hair, layered with those awful "wings".
I don't remember Rod in a mullet either, not that I paid that much attention to that sort of thing. I was a live and let live sort of gal from the start.

Wranglers were always pretty cool to me. In fact, any pair of jeans that were comfortable were okay in my world. I never did get the brand name thing anyway. I mean, I understand the difference between Heinz ketsup and Del Monte, between French's mustard and Kroger brand, between Johnsonville Brats and the copycats, but who cares what brand is on a pair of jeans? If they look good, feel good, and are clean, isn't that enough?

My kids drive me nuts. One son will wear wranglers and another won't. My daughter only buys her boys theirs at certain stores (and WalMart is not on the list). Gotta be Goody's or Ross or some brand name outlet. I just give them money and let them do the running. I've never been one to let fads or someone's silly fashion sense dictate to me what I should wear. One time I got the exact pair of designer-type jeans for a fraction of the price and all my snobby friends oohed and ahhed over them, wanting to know where I had found them because they couldn't find them anywhere. Should have seen their faces when I blurted out the name of some chain Walmart type store. They stiffened right up and walked off in a huff as if I had just bruised their noses.

Happened one time with costume jewelry, too. My mother had sent me a bunch of stuff she'd gotten on sale at Walgreens in Chicago. They oohed and aahed over a double pearl ring. People used to tell me I should have pretended it came from some expensive store, but I wanted to show them that their snobby airs were wasted. They only bought name brand or from expensive stores and THEY couldn't tell the difference. So what they heck were they paying extra for?

<sigh> But I will admit that you can get some really great buys in those expensive stores come super sale time. Most of the time the clothing doesn't last any longer when you pay more for it, but every once in awhile you get some real quality that makes the difference. In those cases, I have to agree it is better to spend a little more.

cami said:
Me, too. I was trying to remember the other day when this discussion started and he was the earliest I could put my finger on. LOL!

cami said:
I hated hip huggers. Still do. Feel like my britches are about to fall down. I'm always wanting to reach back them and pull 'em up. hahahahahaha!

The mullet started with the shag hairstyle which guys and girls wore, and the back got longer and the top got shorter. That is where Rod Stewart came in. Finally we had Billy Ray Cyrus still wearing one, but there have been variations on hockey players for 25 years now.

Cowgirl said:
The mullet started with the shag hairstyle which guys and girls wore, and the back got longer and the top got shorter. That is where Rod Stewart came in. Finally we had Billy Ray Cyrus still wearing one, but there have been variations on hockey players for 25 years now.
I remember the shag. Used to wear it quite a bit. It definitely was a 70's thing. Early to mid 70s. The mullet might have been inspired by the shag but it couldn't have evolved out of it before the 80s. But you are right about Rod. He did wear a shag. Who knows? He may have even started it. LOL!

MISSION: Find said subject Darin Routier.

G.I. RATTLESNAKE JANE reporting sir,:)

I do do not know his exact location at this time Sgt.:banghead: :twocents: :twocents:

Sir, Yes Sir.

I BELIEVE THE SUBJECT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AT WEDDINGS. :twocents: :crazy:

His mother, Sarilda, owns a bed and breakfast that services weddings. He is a wedding photographer. My daughter saw him at one of those expo things.

A friend at work used him.

He did GOOD Work.

This is the last known contact by myself with the subject Sgt.:crazy:
Sir Yes Sir .

MISSION: Accomplished:truce:

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
MISSION: Find said subject Darin Routier.

G.I. RATTLESNAKE JANE reporting sir,:)

I do do not know his exact location at this time Sgt.:banghead: :twocents: :twocents:

Sir, Yes Sir.

I BELIEVE THE SUBJECT HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AT WEDDINGS. :twocents: :crazy:

His mother, Sarilda, owns a bed and breakfast that services weddings. He is a wedding photographer. My daughter saw him at one of those expo things.

A friend at work used him.

He did GOOD Work.

This is the last known contact by myself with the subject Sgt.:crazy:
Sir Yes Sir .

MISSION: Accomplished:truce:
Wow, so Darin is a photographer and does a lot of weddings. I wonder if he works at the B&B too.

He has been known to help out.
That's interesting. Someone said they ran into him and Sarilda in Mexico a few months ago. Know anything about a trip to Mexico and what it was about?

I'm beginning to see your trail here and I am following it.

Why are the bloody fingerprints attributed to Darlie. It
isn't like other evidence it doesn't go away it doesn't get consumed by testing.
Jeez Louise we can ask 10 dentist to compare stupid Trident gum but we can't poll 10 fingerprint experts to say one way or the other whose print it is.

I'm beginning to see your trail here and I am following it.

Why are the bloody fingerprints attributed to Darlie. It
isn't like other evidence it doesn't go away it doesn't get consumed by testing.
Jeez Louise we can ask 10 dentist to compare stupid Trident gum but we can't poll 10 fingerprint experts to say one way or the other whose print it is.

There are not enough points on the print to say with absolute certainty whose print it is, but they can say with certainty that it was small enough to be that of a small adult or a child.

Jeana (DP) said:
There are not enough points on the print to say with absolute certainty whose print it is, but they can say with certainty that it was small enough to be that of a small adult or a child.

Not the very large intruder Darlie described so that narrows the field. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member