***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where on earth do they get these court sketch artists from? I've never seen one that even resembles the person they are drawing - it is a really funny sketch!

looks nothing like him, he looks fatter and older, maybe the artist was trying to portray him looking forlorn and sad? same with identikit sketches, they never look like the suspect!

I thought it was a white cardigan - hence the confusion....

Well to continue with my definitions, a cardigan is like a mixture of a jacket and a jumper.

Edit- my point- I don't know, just on a roll!

Does it vibrate? :floorlaugh:

Of course! That's why I put it there & everyone else can see I've got a phone vibrating There- try it it's fun :floorlaugh:

Seriously I posted before that I put my phone there (not advisable to to health risks) as its easier than running through the house for the phone. W

I am interested as to how the witnesses are being introduced.

Is the prosecution calling each witness to the witness box and asking them general questions about their name etc and their statement?

Then is the defence then asking them questions?

Is the prosecution then asking anymore questions to clarify their evidence before they are dismissed from the witness box?

Could someone there give us an explanation of the process please.

From memory, it went in exactly the order you described here Ali. Boyle didn't ask all of them further questions, only some.

looks nothing like him, he looks fatter and older, maybe the artist was trying to portray him looking forlorn and sad? same with identikit sketches, they never look like the suspect!

Many of the court sketches don't portray the accused in a very good way.

The identikit sketch of the accused in one of the rape cases tied to Jill Meagher's case is an excellent resemblance of him.

Thought I would weigh in on the phone in bra conversation and add that whilst I don't do that, I do put my car keys in there when I am out shopping as I only take a wallet with strap that fit my phone and no room for keys.

They are the scratches that he said were from the caterpillar bites- they have now been said that they are fingernail scratches woo hoo!:great:

I would bet Allison laid into GBC over TM or simular to get that many scratches on him before he got serious about killing her.....it might have hurt poor 'FIGJAM' ego to start with that she stood up to him. Things went from bad to worse.....wonder how long the arguing went on for.....( that the neighbours heard )he would have been so peeved to have his beautiful face and body damaged.
If the children were at home at least one must have heard them arguing....more from the witness stand tomorrow.....thanks for all the efforts today. MOO

Yeah thats right, I have a prado too and only just found out that you can click the thingie to keep it open haha.

Have been whacked in the back too many times to count when unloading shopping.

Big heavy doors aren't they Bayside and they make such a bigger heavier sound than the smaller doors.

Thanks Thinking, that is what I thought would be happening. So the prosecution is deciding the order of the witnesses the defence wishes to cross examine and they would have given the order to them to prepare for cross examination.

I didn't think we got much more info today that we didn't already know... Hopefully some more coming in the next few days

My captiva boot door makes a thud but not as loud as I think the prado would make. When I go out tonight I will test it out.

I didn't think we got much more info today that we didn't already know... Hopefully some more coming in the next few days

I disagree Ippy. I think we got a lot of confirmation about things we only knew as rumours such as neighbours hearing screams and a lot more details on things we knew little bits about. Hopefully will learn new info tomorrow.

Where on earth do they get these court sketch artists from? I've never seen one that even resembles the person they are drawing - it is a really funny sketch!

Lol I couldn't agree more - it looks nothing like him ha ha!

Point taken Alioop :) I think over time a lot of the rumour and speculation has blended into the definite info we had... Lol :)

two thuds, would they not be GBC shutting his door and then the boot of the captiva or he closed his door and then had to open the back door of the captiva to try to reposition the body to make it easier to drag out of the boot of the vehicle?

There is no padding in the back of station wagons and I feel the bruise on Allison could have occurred when she was placed in the back, then dragged across to position her or when she was being pulled out. I think she would have rolled around a little in transit :furious:

@AshleyMcDermid: I've burnt through 2 phones' batteries today. One of those days.

I disagree Ippy. I think we got a lot of confirmation about things we only knew as rumours such as neighbours hearing screams and a lot more details on things we knew little bits about. Hopefully will learn new info tomorrow.

I'm waiting for the evidence which none of us have heard about.

With another FIVE days to go one would think there'd be a whole lot more to come :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme