***Day 1-Committal Hearing*** 11th,12,13th March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
a fingertip from a glove fell out? What does that mean? a latex glove belonging to police? or I recall a pair of gloves being found along with the sim card. We heard about the sim but never again about the gloves? could there have been a fingertip missing? any more info on the gloves anybody? I tried to do a search in old forums, but was completely useless. Thanks all!

From a report back on May 2, 2012. I don't think the gloves were ever mentioned again but I'm curious about the wording.

Yesterday, police found a mobile phone SIM card and a pair of gloves near where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found. But they said this afternoon that the SIM card was not related to the case

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-was-discovered/story-e6freon6-1226344523575

I'm hanging out to hear about the roundabout - I wonder if anything will be said about it in this hearing, or if it will be saved for the trial. It's definitely a mystery.

I must say great work to all our sleuths who attended today! I was unfortunately held up by other matters this morning but will be there tomorrow with bells on :rocker: Who else is going?

Hmmm will be interesting to see what ligature the good doc is leaning towards, or has that statement been plucked out of research? C'mon Danny Boy ask him will ya...

Could be something as simple as a towel or even the sleeves of her cardigan.

Mud could be from the rain?
I have been to the bridge multiple times. There are 2 very clear areas Allison could have been found....very dry and NO mud (loads of scrub etc) or the level below it in the mud. It is hard to describe without seeing it for yourself. It is not a gradual drop.
I am wondering how the canoeist found her if Allison was on the higher level surrounded by that scrub.
The mud of course would have been covered in water in the heavy rain the weekend before she was discovered.
I guess we will find out soon enough.

I do, especially if listening to music whilst doing housework. Or expecting a phonecall or text.

Very dangerous practice methinks - could cause n***le frizzle. :what:

Ali if you're around are you able to clarify a question I have on 'privilege'?

I was under the impression that while legal professional privilege is valid between lawyer and client where it specifically relates to the case, that despite popular perceptions, there's actually no such thing a 'medical/professional/religious privilege' ?
If a court requires medical or counselling files to be admitted to evidence, then it can subpoena them, and a medical or professional - except a lawyer - subpoenaed to give evidence is required to give evidence at the direction of the court, or may be found in contempt of the court?

Puzzled as to why the counselling files would be considered inadmissible, unless the defence is trying to say they are not relevant to the case?

Isn't it weird that he was wearing glasses today?? There's never been a photo of him before with glasses on (that I've seen anyway)

If they were "fake" glasses, it was probably to make him look more serious and intellectual(?). If they were prescription glasses, it must mean they are looking after him very well at Arthur Gorrie!! What a farce he is!!

a fingertip from a glove fell out? What does that mean? a latex glove belonging to police? or I recall a pair of gloves being found along with the sim card. We heard about the sim but never again about the gloves? could there have been a fingertip missing? any more info on the gloves anybody? I tried to do a search in old forums, but was completely useless. Thanks all!

surely they would see difference between ordinary domestic cleaning gloves & professional style forensic gloves.

If the girls slept through this, then I conclude they had been given 'something' to sleep. But, IMO, it is more likely that they did hear a lot of what was going on, but being scared to death, stayed in their rooms, quietly. I seriously doubt this was the first incident of DV in this household. I think these poor little girls grew up with this type of "noise" ... fighting and crying, screaming, etc. IMO.

Thank you. So if this was the case do you think someone would have questioned them about these things? Surely whatever they saw or heard would carry a lot of weight. Out of the mouth of babes...

With the timing of the screams, voices and car noises all not lining up, it makes this evidence look not so credible to me.
Individually you would give credit to the witnesses but collectively it sort of doesn't match up. That worries me.
I cant imagine OW screaming at what she saw, or GBC screaming to NBC about the body or anything like that. Just doesn't sit well with me.

I do believe the best evidence the prosecution have is the flora, the scratches, the blood in the car, and the unlikelihood of her commiting suicide in that place and in that way, but it would be nice if everything they had stated was lining up beautifully and soundly.

MOO

surely they would see difference between ordinary domestic cleaning gloves & professional style forensic gloves.

You can buy unsterile gloves in Woolies that look exactly like ones we use in the hospital ?? Figure they would be the same used by forensics etc???

Thank you. So if this was the case do you think someone would have questioned them about these things? Surely whatever they saw or heard would carry a lot of weight. Out of the mouth of babes...

I don't know what the legalities are regarding interviewing children or even calling them to give evidence. I would assume there is a minimum age where a child's recollections can be trusted and when questioning is allowed.

You can buy unsterile gloves in Woolies that look exactly like ones we use in the hospital ?? Figure they would be the same used by forensics etc???

I know people who have these in their first aid kit at home.

With the timing of the screams, voices and car noises all not lining up, it makes this evidence look not so credible to me.
Individually you would give credit to the witnesses but collectively it sort of doesn't match up. That worries me.
I cant imagine OW screaming at what she saw, or GBC screaming to NBC about the body or anything like that. Just doesn't sit well with me.

I do believe the best evidence the prosecution have is the flora, the scratches, the blood in the car, and the unlikelihood of her commiting suicide in that place and in that way, but it would be nice if everything they had stated was lining up beautifully and soundly.

MOO
True. But in a panic your voice can become raised and before you know it someone is telling you to keep it down. In the still of the night you wouldn't have to be talking to loudly for someone else to hear it.
When we are sitting out the back of our house at night {not traffic, no other noise}we can easily hear neighbours 6 houses away talking but we can't make out what they're saying.

There was no sign of TM today. I wonder if she'll make an appearance tomorrow??

MOO

Obby I'll stay the eternal optimist & say I think the best & most damning is yet to come :)

Here is my take on what may have happened to Allison.

She was killed at home around 9:00-9:30 pm. Another female (OW) came to the house later after GBC asked her to come over urgently to watch over girls (more screams when this person arrives and realised what had happened). He then disposed off ABC at the bridge around 11:30-12:30. I believe he pulled the body off the back of car onto the ground (first thud) and then rolled the body off the bridge onto the mud below (second thud). At around 4:00 am, after conferring with NBC, both went back to move her under the bridge to the location where she was found (more out of sight). Just speculating. My opinion only.

This seems plausible. Maybe he originally dropped her (or pushed her) over the side of the bridge to make it look like suicide, then thought better of it a little while later (maybe after speaking to NBC) and decided to tuck her under the pylon where she likely wouldn't be found until almost unrecognisable?

I am going tomoz around 3pm is there anl car park near the court? I am feeling funny in the tummy. I don't like the reports of the flirting that is wrongtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme