***Day 6 -Committal Hearing*** 18th,19,20th March 2013***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
10:05am Marissa Calligeros: (Live from the Baden-Clay hearing) Professor Drummer said 0.06 milligrams - a trace amount - of the anti-depressant Sertraline was found in Mrs Baden-Clay's system after her death.

"In this case there was only a trace [of the drug] ... that doesn't lead one to conclude that an overdose has taken place," he said.

There is now standing room only in the court.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-march-20-20130320-2geec.html#ixzz2O2AQgNz9

@AislinOConnor:
It's the final day of Gerard Baden-Clay's committal hearing. I'll have the latest case details on @9NewsAUS at 11am.

Anyone able to take over the tweets as I have to go out for a bit.

I can't do twitter updates this morning - I'll be checking in intermittently, but should be free after lunch - if there's not a decision by then!

@TheMurrayD:
Defence barrister Peter Davis: "We know the drug can kill." Prof Drummer agrees the level found is not trivial. #badenclay

Well that explains one thing. That Allison wasn't overdosed with Zoloft so she didn't have to stagger the 14 kms to the bridge!

@matty456:
The judge has placed vision of the court room proceedings onto screen outside the court for people to view #BadenClay

@KateKyriacou:
Hard to get accurate results on toxicology tests because of rate of decomposition, professor says. #badenclay

10am: An expert toxicologist has told the Brisbane Magistrates Court Allison Baden-Clay had a ''relatively normal'' level of antidepressant medication in her blood - and not enough to kill her.

Professor Olaf Drummer, from the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, assessed the amount of Sertraline in Allison's blood to determine whether she had taken a fatal dose.

The professor is giving evidence on the final day of a committal hearing to determine whether Gerard Baden-Clay will stand trial for the murder of his wife Allison.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871

''Essentially...the concentration of the drug Sertraline...in her blood is only moderately elevated to what one might see in a person on this drug for therapeutic purposes,'' Prof Drummer said.

''The state of her body was not good...the blood would not be very good as well.

Prof Drummer said the level of drug in Allison's liver was ''relatively normal''.

He said it was difficult to overdose on Sertraline without combining it with other drugs.

''It's very uncommon for a person to die from this drug alone,'' Prof Drummer said.

''Having said that, the body is decomposed and it does limit what one can say about the drug concentration.''

When asked whether there were any factors pointing to an overdose, Prof Drummer said ''no''.

He added there was some Sertraline in her stomach, but only a small amount

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-of-wife-allison/story-e6freoof-1226601300871

@Donna_Field:
2 more witnesses before the committal winds up and a decision is made whether Gerard Baden-Clay will face a murder trial #badenclay

I hope OW has someone to support her today, I think she will need it big time.

10.10am: Expert toxicologist Professor Olaf Drummer said it was difficult to make an accurate assessment because blood could only be taken from Allison Baden-Clay's liver.

The court heard it is more accurate to take blood from her legs but that had been impossible because of the amount of decomposition.

''The fact that this lady had been deceased for a lengthy period, about 11 days, before these samples were taken, presumably makes it more difficult, is that right?'' defence barrister Peter Davis asked.

''Yes,'' he replied.

''The more decomposition progresses, the more complicated the variables become, is that right?'' Mr Davis said.

''Yes,'' he said.

@Donna_Field:
2 more witnesses before the committal winds up and a decision is made whether Gerard Baden-Clay will face a murder trial #badenclay

so should be soon one would think. Ali , will he hand down his decision straight away or adjourn for a while to consider everything . And Ali how much would Davis be costing a day without junior counsel and solicitor , any idea?

Haven't been on in ages but still following closely. Regarding the jumper Allison was wearing and the bruising on GBC's chest , do you think its possible that as the fight between them escalated, Allison grabbed the Captiva keys and headed out the back door /patio towards carport(still not sure if children are home ). Gerard chases, grabs her , she falls to ground with him on top . In the struggle the jumper is pulled up over her face, he uses one hand to smother her with the jumper. She is underneath him , clawing at him ,trying to pushing him off her. Finally its over , and he picks her up and puts her in the back of captiva. Then he puts shoes and socks on her. Still some answered questions but I think it's a possible scenario. I think she was dressed for bed , very comfy pants and he has added the rest after death. IMO. What do others think ????

if she was smothered with the jumper, then there might have been fibres that got into her mouth and airways - nothing like that got mentioned in the autopsy report, but as decomposition was advanced they might not have been able to tell, especially with external signs of smothering?

@matty456:
An application by media for release of photos of the injuries to Gerard Baden Clay to the public has been granted #BadenClay

@TheMurrayD:
Photos of Gerard Baden-Clay shown to court should be released to media for publication, Chief Magistrate finds.

Media is allowed to publish some photos but not all they asked for.

Davis asked for 15 min stay(wait) before they can publish photos, magistrate said no to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321