DC DC - Chandra Levy, 24, Washington DC, 1 May 2001 *found deceased in 2002*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RSBM

Never mind the multiple women Guandique attacked in almost the exact same location (which just happened to be within short walking distance of his residence) who each positively identified him as the man who stalked and attacked them. Never mind the multiple people he told about killing "the girl in the park."

You choose to ignore quite a bit that can't be explained away by grand conspiracy.
Thank you MB13. I hope no one here wishes to argue the idea of a grand conspiracy. I am only interested in the truth of what happened in this particular case. I think RD is posting some good info about the case. One thing I have noticed is that evidence such as the unknown DNA is hard evidence. The false testimony by Morales is also a hard fact in the case as well. I dont seem to see any such evidence in relation to Guandique. Is there some evidence that physically ties him to the actual crime? Did someone see him at the crime scene? Or did he somehow know Levy? If you could give a few reasons as to how and why Guandique should be the number one suspect, I would honestly appreciate it. There are numerous examples of people making false claims of responsibility for crimes to other criminals and friends. There are also plenty of examples of people confessing and being coerced to confess. And there are plenty of examples of people being wrongly convicted of crimes. If there is hard evidence which connects Guandique to the Levy murder, I am interested to see it. I am not wishing to argue either, just get more knowledge about this case, and the investigation.

RSBM

Never mind the multiple women Guandique attacked in almost the exact same location (which just happened to be within short walking distance of his residence) who each positively identified him as the man who stalked and attacked them. Never mind the multiple people he told about killing "the girl in the park."

You choose to ignore quite a bit that can't be explained away by grand conspiracy.

I have no problem with Condit being guilty, but, IMHO, evidence led them to Guandique. This guy was no boy scout.

Your argument for conspiracy is compelling until one reads the other side. Conspiracy sells, though.

I don't intend to respond further. No wish to argue and I have stated my stance.

For others then, I'll certainly respond to these contentions.

almost the exact same location? Have you been there? Someone who has walked those locations wouldn't say that.

short walking distance of his residence? Have you even looked on a map?

First of all, my contention is that Chandra wasn't even there to be killed by anyone. That she was a jogger in Rock Creek Park is a lie the government justice department made up to explain how Chandra's remains were found dozens of yards down a steep hillside from the top of the highest hill in DC. I posted above everything about what she was wearing, her non-jogging history, and what police initially said about the site. It is only a matter of convenience for the government to make this lie and arguing about which pervert murdered her jogging in Rock Creek Park is the purpose of the lie.

The two Gaundique assaults on joggers were about a mile and a half apart on Beach Drive, so right there you don't have almost the exact same spot. But let's take the one closest to Broad Branch Road. I invite you to walk up from there from the jogging path on Beach Drive like I did to the top at grove 17/18 on Glover Road and then over the other side and down halfway to Broad Branch where her remains were found, and up Western Ridge Horse Trail from Broad Branch to the top which would allegedly be the last leg of her death march, and up the other side from Broad Branch to the top and back down to where her remains were found, inaccessible from below by a 70 foot cliff.

Then talk to me about almost the exact same spot.

As for Guandique's short walking distance to the exact same spot, it is about a mile and a half to one assault and three miles to the other from his residence. It is also about three miles from Condit's residence. That says next to nothing about either one. Just that neither one had a "short walking distance" to any of these assault sites. For that matter, I never expected Guandique to walk to either of his assault sites. A person would take a bus down the main road from where he lived to Beach Drive. But short walking distance has such a ring to it. I believe the ginned up stuff from the Washington Post reporter used similar hazy phrasiing.

With the two Guandique assaults there is no question of identity. The second one identified him when the police arrived and they found him, the first one confirmed he was her attacker, he pled guilty to the two assaults, and was sentenced and served a ten year sentence. His is not a good person. I have said many times they could drop him back in El Salvador sans parachute for all I care. But I'll be daggoned if I'll sit by and let the government pawn off Chandra's murder to a jog in the park she never took.

Guandique never told anyone he killed Chandra. There were two "cellmate confession" accusations, one in late 2001 early 2002 where Guandique passed his lie detector test and the cellmate accuser failed his. They were both Spanish speaking obviously since Guandique didn't speak English. The other was this government spin job where the accuser got his witness protection program but then made sure he didn't have to tell his lie again by telling at least one person he was lying. It is beyond my comprehension that this random multi-day encounter with a motel neighbor where he tells her his innermost secrets and threatens people she knows wasn't intended to get to authorities, in any event the "I killed that girl" story was totally made up.

As for the ginned up stuff from the Washingto Post reporter and DC police and prosecutors colluding with her, Guandique was given a lie detector test about Chandra Levy three years earlier, so this stuff about him saying "some Italian looking girl" and "that girl" and having a picture of her and not knowing who she is is again total lies from the government intended and successful in poisoning the public against their target. Also "heavily tattooed" was a favorite of these idiots, even though Guandique got the tattoos in prison. His arrest report six days after Chandra disappeared noted nothing about tattoos or noticeable marks on his face.

Me ignore something? I have a comprehensive compendium of every bit of information about this case, and believe me it's impossible for much of it to be true because of conflicts with other information. But I ignore none of it. Had you provided any new information I wasn't aware of I certainly would not have ignored it.

I have no problem with anyone being found to be the murderer, none at all, as long as it arrived at by truth and not lies. The only truth we have is communications we have between Chandra and people she knew. Most of everything else is unfortunately pretty much self serving lies.

I don't use the word lie easily. But bogus information intended to arrive at a desired result is simply a lie.

As far as conspiracy goes, I have only written the facts. I have not excluded mitigating facts and cherry picked incriminating information out of context. I have not offered an opinion of who the murderer is because there are unanswered questions that could be answered by others than Condit. He has always taken the Fifth under oath and I wouldn't expect anything else from him. I have documented several versions of stories he told police whcih changed as new information was revealed. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

I have read the other side, and there's lots of anonymous claims that never made it into trial testimony. The other side is the government justice department, and while I wish the other side was compelling and a case was made and the right person convicted, the other side has no integrity and basically plays a rope-a-dope game with the truth.

There is no justice for Chandra in the other side.

rd

"Conspiracy sells, though."

As this appears to be directed at my book, if it isn't clear to everyone let me make it very, very clear. While my book is on book sites for sale, I posted it on my website back in 2005 free to read to the public. I usually say just google Murder on a Horse Trail and it will give you the link because I don't want to be seen as attemptong to divert traffic anywhere. I want all the facts out and have no interest in pushing conspiracy theories. The fact that this stuff sounds like one giant conspiracy theory is not lost on any of us that followed the case closely in 2001.

As we often said, you can't make up stuff like this.

So for the conspiracy sells thing, here's the link to Murder on a Horse Trail. I have no advertising and don't make money on all this work, just like all the rest of you websleuthers who put so much effort and commitment into your posts.

rd

http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2562

I finally got all the way thru "Murder on a Horse Trail". Interesting. We normally see cases in small communities where experience with homicides is very limited and the investigative resources, such as a crime tech unit, even more limited. One that comes to mind is the Tara Grinstead disappearance, where they almost immediately called in state investigators. But this is a major metropolitan area in the Levy case, why so many screw ups? I don't know if it could be a conspiracy or not, but it sure is difficult to determine what happened through all these missteps by LE.

Tara Grinstead's disappearance was heartbreaking to me. I also went there and looked around, but certainly wasn't much to see or look into. I did post quite a bit on it and was dismayed about what little could be done.

The main poblem with Chandra's disappearance was that DC police operated off the assumption that an adult woman had the right to "disappear". And the mindset was set that way by Condit telling them Chandra was an obsessed constituent who might have done anything because he refused to take her calls.

And then it went downhill from there because of media focus on Condit. Had the DC police not been so focused on protecting Condit from a seemingly unrelated issue, that of an affair with a woman who was obsessed and suicidal at his rejection, they might have determined that Chandra had not disappeared willingly sooner. But as it was, they were still distributing amateur photshopped images of Chandra with kindergarten level wigs pasted on two and a half months after she disappeared and asking people to keep a lookout for this (in their mind) crazy woman.

Couldn't be suicide, they said. We never found a body.

Needless to say, between that and Laci Peterson and men making women disappear, I focused on missing women for a number of years. Jennifer Kesse was probably the last major time I spent on a case. I felt that at least police were taking missing women seriously so many of these ex's or wannabe ex's taking matters into their own hand.

Thanks for the kind words about Murder on a Horse Trail.

This case needs some high profile media exposure - like it had in the beginning before 9/11. Seems like an almost impossible task to try to get the media to do that again. Supposedly Lawrence Kasdan ("The Big Chill", "Silverado", "Star Wars - The Force Awakens") is going to do a show on the case for TNT.

Condit's other brother Darrell was a fugitive in both California and Florida, and living in Florida under a false identity. Despite being wanted in two states, the previous year, October, when Condit was taking up with Chandra in DC, he had been jailed in Florida. Even having served time in five federal prisons and a fugitive for six years wanted in both California and Florida, he was released. What it would take to accomplish that?

Then when Condit was in the news and Darrell's name was mentioned, Florida started looking for him closer, and found him in a Ft. Lauderdale motel living under an assumed name. And lo and behold a former Watergate lawyer showed up and bailed him out with $50,000, as if, you know you'll lose this if Darrell doesn't make his court appearance. And Darrell didn't show up for his court appearance a few months later.

Who would be willing to pay $50,000 to keep Darrell from the temptation of making deals with the police, and why?

It's easy to point fingers and that's not what anyone wants to do, but there were vague reports that Darrell was missing from his temp job for a couple of weeks and National Enquier said he came back limping. No other source reported anything about this so unknown how hallucinatory it is, but DC Police refused to look into it when his name was mentioned from sources in Modesto. Would have been very helpful to have been able to confirm his whereabouts that day such as was on the temp job he had.

Add to that that Condit threw away the box a Tag Heuer watch comes in, at a Virginia park trashcan so that it wouldn't be connected with him in his trash, which is very strange indeed. The fact that Dayton was driving him from Dayton's house in Virginia to Condit's condo in Adams Morgan section of DC to meet a police forensics team who were going to examine his condo for any information about Chandra's disappearance certainly added to the intrigue.

Essentially it was getting rid of evidence, but evidence of what?

I also have notes that Condit told police that he had a relative staying with him a few weeks before Chandra disappeared. He uses that as an excuse for why he didn't see her. Who would that relative be that coincides with time Darrell was said not be at his temp job back in Florida?

Some employment records, a verifiable alibi, other temp workers who could have vouched for him being there on the job would have simplified things. But DC Police didn't and still don't want to investigate anything other than a jogger murdered in Rock Creek Park. So things are not simpler. They are much more complicated.

The Tag Heuer watch is gone, which seems to me to be an inauditable item of value to give to someone for something.

But what?

On the other hand, Condit would have been in front of a camera when Chandra disappeared if he could have. But he wasn't.

rd

"And lo and behold a former Watergate lawyer showed up and bailed him out with $50,000, as if, you know you'll lose this if Darrell doesn't make his court appearance."

Would you mind divulging who the Watergate lawyer is that bailed Darrell Condit out of trouble in FL?

It is cringe worthy to note that DCheney was speaking to GC during this inflammable time prior to 9/11.

"And lo and behold a former Watergate lawyer showed up and bailed him out with $50,000, as if, you know you'll lose this if Darrell doesn't make his court appearance."

Would you mind divulging who the Watergate lawyer is that bailed Darrell Condit out of trouble in FL?

It is cringe worthy to note that DCheney was speaking to GC during this inflammable time prior to 9/11.

It's in chapter Rock Creek Park in Murder on a Horse Tail.

Jon Sale, who worked for Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski.

The point being, this was pretty high powered stuff to get a two state fugitive for six years living under an alias released at all.

Ponying up $50,000 and sending a former Watergate lawyer did it. Someone wanted Darrell out of jail very badly after Chandra disappeared.

Although this whole case is by definition involved in politics, and I contend there's a degree of diverting a murder investigation from the halls of Congress to pin it on an illegal by making Chandra a jogger she wasn't, this has never been about typical ideological scandals. It helps that Condit was a Blue Dog Democrat, a Democrat but conservative who had been recruited to switch over to Republican, so the political ideology are fairly non-impactful to the case.

By all accounts, Condit was well liked by his constituents and respected for his work, and Cheney was dragged into this on the day Chandra disappeared by a last minute request from Condit to meet. Cheney gave him some of his lunch hour if you will, which would be time that wouldn't already be booked up. I believe Condit requested this meeting the previous day when he was at White House.

Why he would want a meeting with the Vice President on his timeline the day Chandra disappeared, and use it to say that he had meeting with Cheney at 12:30, returning to office at 3:30, which covers the time Chandra disappeared, is a good question. The meeting was only 20 minutes, 12:30 to 12:50, and for that matter he didn't return to his office even at 3:30.

He was not seen again until 6:30 for a sense of Congress vote. (not that anyone was ever quoted as seeing him, but two sense of Congress votes were made)

This case needs some high profile media exposure - like it had in the beginning before 9/11. Seems like an almost impossible task to try to get the media to do that again. Supposedly Lawrence Kasdan ("The Big Chill", "Silverado", "Star Wars - The Force Awakens") is going to do a show on the case for TNT.

It was announced as being based on Finding Chandra. I am hopeful for Chandra's case that the miniseries is more nuanced than the book.

Although this whole case is by definition involved in politics, and I contend there's a degree of diverting a murder investigation from the halls of Congress to pin it on an illegal by making Chandra a jogger she wasn't, this has never been about typical ideological scandals. It helps that Condit was a Blue Dog Democrat, a Democrat but conservative who had been recruited to switch over to Republican, so the political ideology are fairly non-impactful to the case.
Ideology and principles are nice, but money runs this country.

If there wasnt a conspiracy to murder Chandra, there does some to be evidence that the crime is being conveniently forgotten by those with the power to do something about it.

I read recently that CA LE tested some of the extraneous DNA from the Ramirez cases and found that he may have had an accomplice. Why doesnt LE do something similar with the "contamination" DNA found on the clothing? I would have a lot more faith in the process if they could account for the contamination. My belief is that this DNA is the key to solving the case.

All of the people handling the evidence should have been in the DNA database. To say that the DNA found on her tights is contamination yet unidentifiable is I think Justice wanting it unreasonably to go away. Now they had to drop their case they never had and identifying the "contamination" DNA didn't seem to be of interest to them for some reason.

For others then, I'll certainly respond to these contentions.

almost the exact same location? Have you been there? Someone who has walked those locations wouldn't say that.

short walking distance of his residence? Have you even looked on a map?

First of all, my contention is that Chandra wasn't even there to be killed by anyone. That she was a jogger in Rock Creek Park is a lie the government justice department made up to explain how Chandra's remains were found dozens of yards down a steep hillside from the top of the highest hill in DC. I posted above everything about what she was wearing, her non-jogging history, and what police initially said about the site. It is only a matter of convenience for the government to make this lie and arguing about which pervert murdered her jogging in Rock Creek Park is the purpose of the lie.

<RSBM> Guandique never told anyone he killed Chandra. <RSBM>

Me ignore something? I have a comprehensive compendium of every bit of information about this case, and believe me it's impossible for much of it to be true because of conflicts with other information. But I ignore none of it. Had you provided any new information I wasn't aware of I certainly would not have ignored it.

I have no problem with anyone being found to be the murderer, none at all, as long as it arrived at by truth and not lies. The only truth we have is communications we have between Chandra and people she knew. Most of everything else is unfortunately pretty much self serving lies.

I don't use the word lie easily. But bogus information intended to arrive at a desired result is simply a lie.

As far as conspiracy goes, I have only written the facts. I have not excluded mitigating facts and cherry picked incriminating information out of context. I have not offered an opinion of who the murderer is because there are unanswered questions that could be answered by others than Condit. He has always taken the Fifth under oath and I wouldn't expect anything else from him. I have documented several versions of stories he told police which changed as new information was revealed. I wouldn't expect anything less from him.

I have read the other side, and there's lots of anonymous claims that never made it into trial testimony. The other side is the government justice department, and while I wish the other side was compelling and a case was made and the right person convicted, the other side has no integrity and basically plays a rope-a-dope game with the truth.

There is no justice for Chandra in the other side.

rd

Great word choices, ie, :
compendium - a collection of concise but detailed information about a particular subject, especially in a book or other publication.
a) a collection of things, especially one systematically gathered

Please accept my salute to your efforts in digging deep for the truth and only for the truth in regards to C Levy's life, love and murder while in pursuit of justice for Chandra.

Do you stand in agreement that CL was alive and well until her computer signed off the internet around 1? And that at that point, she departed from her apt. without ID, only to end up off the beaten path of Horse Trail while in bondage with her own leggings/tights?

It has been years since I've reviewed Chandra's bungled murder investigation. Free access to your compendium has been a fantastic refresher course, btw.

"That she was a jogger in Rock Creek Park is a lie the government justice department made up to explain how Chandra's remains were found dozens of yards down a steep hillside from the top of the highest hill in DC."

This statement is why the arrest and conviction of G was so frustrating to those of us intertwined in details of Chandra's murder, via the internet. CL was not and never had been a jogger. CL maintained her fitness regime by attending climate controlled indoor coed gyms. The erroneous assumption of CL being a jogger was initially planted by the guilty party. "That is why the body would be found at RCP, ya know, b/c CL was a jogger."

I've been to this area of DC where CL's bones were discovered. DC is not all concrete like NYC. It is filled with beautiful gardens, parks, forests and scenic tributaries as well as hidden foot and horse paths not frequently used for the obvious reasons of implied danger. Also, went to the site of the missing DA from PA, Ray Gricar. The Susquehanna River is absolutely breathtaking in natural beauty and unsettling in its eeriness at the same time.

RGricar, PA DA who would not prosecute Sandusky goes missing without a trace
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...jerry-sandusky-pennsylvania-da_n_1088950.html

A bit fuzzy about the GC DNA as thought it was from clothing found inside a bag that was inside of CLs apt. and not DNA samples from the leggings she wore at TOD. TY, to anyone for expounding with facts, if possible.

Jon Sale, who worked for Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski.

The point being, this was pretty high powered stuff to get a two state fugitive for six years living under an alias released at all.

Ponying up $50,000 and sending a former Watergate lawyer did it. Someone wanted Darrell out of jail very badly after Chandra disappeared.

By all accounts, Condit was well liked by his constituents and respected for his work, and Cheney was dragged into this on the day Chandra disappeared by a last minute request from Condit to meet. Cheney gave him some of his lunch hour if you will, which would be time that wouldn't already be booked up. I believe Condit requested this meeting the previous day when he was at White House.

Why he would want a meeting with the Vice President on his timeline the day Chandra disappeared, and use it to say that he had meeting with Cheney at 12:30, returning to office at 3:30, which covers the time Chandra disappeared, is a good question. The meeting was only 20 minutes, 12:30 to 12:50, and for that matter he didn't return to his office even at 3:30.

He was not seen again until 6:30 for a sense of Congress vote. (not that anyone was ever quoted as seeing him, but two sense of Congress votes were made)

Yes, rd. The immediate implications of anything Watergate will quickly become forefront.

Rock Creek Park
http://www.justiceforchandra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2541

Thanks. Finished reading Chapter Luray and about to begin Obsessed. Also, I skipped over to read RCP. Purchased a nice photo slideshow leatherbound book of Luray Caves and Caverns. Their historical meaning is forevermore fully altered.

Is RCP the primary Crime Scene? If it is the secondary, where is the primary CS for CL? I concur that the carrying of CL's body down the steep embankment would be easier if the leggings were used sort of as a harness to carry her limp body with. Someone familiar with bondage would know this.

Bondage is a control mechanism. We see how GC managed to control and manipulate CL into her being alright with the lack of recognition of their relationship. Team GC controlled the media and the homicide investigation, to some point. Deny. Deny. Deny.

About the mistresses, are there any more CL's that are unable to come forward due to their demise, thus, we will not know about?

Secret Agent C Dark Side:
seeks personal pleasures above all else
enjoys espionage
relishes clandestine opps
open marriage
scoundrel
avoids child support payments

Conflicts with:
likeable family man
prudent elected Democrat

All of the people handling the evidence should have been in the DNA database. To say that the DNA found on her tights is contamination yet unidentifiable is I think Justice wanting it unreasonably to go away. Now they had to drop their case they never had and identifying the "contamination" DNA didn't seem to be of interest to them for some reason.

DNA technology may have changed enough since 2002 that it might be worth revisiting. I'm wondering if they have. (With all the 'coincidences' and missteps by LE I would not be surprised if they have not looked it again.) All the more reason to drag this case back out into the light of day.

Since we have the previous suspect being released, I've looked to see if LE has stated where they are going with this case. If they believe they have their guy why not try for a retrial and retest some of the evidence? Instead they say they are not going for a retrial. Letting INS deport him instead. No word or news in my searches on the internet if LE is going to assign a cold case detective(s) to the case. It's like they've given up trying to solve it.

I believe I read that this "contamination" DNA was taken from semen. Shouldnt that rule out LE and expected workers? If it was contamination from a prior sexual encounter, shouldnt that be a strong reason to find the owner of the DNA? And if that isnt the case, then isnt it much more likely that the "contamination" DNA belongs to the killer, or one of the killers?

I still find it hard that Guandique was convicted when this DNA existed. When I weigh the problems the DNA represents versus the always questionable veracity of a jailhouse snitch, I think I would have erred on the side of reasonable doubt. No matter how hard the bureaucratic momentum pushed.

hi Dewclaw, you might be referencing both DNA found on her underwear in her apartment (yes, it was semen) that was identified as Condit's (there's been less denial of a sexual relationship since then), and DNA found on her leggings in Rock Creek Park a year after she disappeared which was unidentified and ruled out as Guandique's or Condit's.

LE (nominally FBI) said it was "contamination" but could not identify it. This occurred for first trial in 2010, the forensics was redone is my take on it, not years old analysis with no attempt to reidentify.

There are several problems with all this.

One is that "contamination" would most likely come from evidence handlers whose DNA is identifiable. That it is not identifiable yet excluded as a source of the murderer is almost criminally falsifying evidence by the Justice Department in my opinion.

Two is that in any other case DNA not of the suspect would eliminate the suspect of the crime, and if already convicted, free the suspect. Not in this case, not with these Justice Department people. They had nothing, and what they did have they called contamination.

A judge recently ordered a large number of Justice lawyers to take an ethics class due to their behavior in another case. I have been saying that the Justice lawyers involved in this case, many of them, have shown no integrity whatsoever for as long as I've been writing about this case.

An ethics refresher wouldn't begin to right the wrongs they've done to Chandra's case.

Please accept my salute to your efforts in digging deep for the truth and only for the truth in regards to C Levy's life, love and murder while in pursuit of justice for Chandra.

Do you stand in agreement that CL was alive and well until her computer signed off the internet around 1? And that at that point, she departed from her apt. without ID, only to end up off the beaten path of Horse Trail while in bondage with her own leggings/tights?

It has been years since I've reviewed Chandra's bungled murder investigation. Free access to your compendium has been a fantastic refresher course, btw.

Thanks for your kind words, DeDee. You remind me what it was like back in 2001 on this case.

Actually, I leave it to the reader to decide if Chandra was alive and well when her internet was logged off just after Condit walked out of Cheney's office.

There was the scream very early that morning. (Chapter The Scream). And I provide an analysis of the activity on her computer that morning of her disappearance. (Chapter On Her Computer). With the information initially provided, and I saw nothing that shed light in later testimony, there is actually nothing that identified Chandra as being on her computer.

There was one flight fare alert that was forwarded to her parents without comment, something that is pretty odd, given her parents asking about her plans and Chandra having just recently left a message for her aunt with big news to tell her. The flight fare alert concerned info for her parents flight to LA, not info about Chandra getting out there. And of course there was much Chandra told her aunt she didn't tell her parents. Still, nothing personally identifiable in what occurred.

Could an impersonator choose to forward an email relevant to her parents to them? I think that's a stretch. I also don't really see what would be gained by impersonating activity on her computer, especially when the bulk of the activity was searches on Condit and his family, some travel to France info, Baskin Robbins which was something they shared, and a link to Rock Creek Park from Washington Post activities page which brought up a MapQuest green blob of a detailless map captioned Rock Creek Park, worthless for much of anything.

But then Chandra is found hidden 100 feet below a horse trail just above a 70 foot cliff in Rock Creek Park, and if there was ever a setup to link Condit to her disappearance this would be it.

On the other hand, her computer hard drive was found completely destroyed the next day after police visited her apartment and then paid Condit a visit. There was also a note on her counter that mentioned cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest.

You can't make up stuff like this even if you were a very imaginative spy novelist.

I also have grave doubts that her body was at that location in Rock Creek Park that day and was in advanced decomposition there while the park was searched. One thing mentioned in descriptions of the site where her remains were found was the large number of artifacts in the area. This is a very very remote location compared to the jogging trails along Beach Drive far below but it is a place if you parked at picnic table 18 where you could go back in the woods and have some privacy.

The decomposing of a human body there without anyone noticing, dogs drawn to it, noticeable animal activity, birds and such, is hard to believe. When a guy did walk his dog down that slope, his dog found her skull under some leaves. But that was a year later. What about every other dog for the previous year?

Thanks for your kind words, DeDee. You remind me what it was like back in 2001 on this case.

Actually, I leave it to the reader to decide if Chandra was alive and well when her internet was logged off just after Condit walked out of Cheney's office.

There was the scream very early that morning. (Chapter The Scream). And I provide an analysis of the activity on her computer that morning of her disappearance. (Chapter On Her Computer). With the information initially provided, and I saw nothing that shed light in later testimony, there is actually nothing that identified Chandra as being on her computer.

<RSBM>

But then Chandra is found hidden 100 feet below a horse trail just above a 70 foot cliff in Rock Creek Park, and if there was ever a setup to link Condit to her disappearance this would be it.

On the other hand, her computer hard drive was found completely destroyed the next day after police visited her apartment and then paid Condit a visit. There was also a note on her counter that mentioned cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest.

You can't make up stuff like this even if you were a very imaginative spy novelist.

I also have grave doubts that her body was at that location in Rock Creek Park that day and was in advanced decomposition there while the park was searched. One thing mentioned in descriptions of the site where her remains were found was the large number of artifacts in the area. This is a very very remote location compared to the jogging trails along Beach Drive far below but it is a place if you parked at picnic table 18 where you could go back in the woods and have some privacy.

The decomposing of a human body there without anyone noticing, dogs drawn to it, noticeable animal activity, birds and such, is hard to believe. When a guy did walk his dog down that slope, his dog found her skull under some leaves. But that was a year later. What about every other dog for the previous year?

"her computer hard drive was found completely destroyed the next day"
This conflicts with official reports that the police accidentally crashed CLs laptop but you have proof that her laptop was physically destroyed?

"There was also a note on her counter that mentioned cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest."
Was not aware of this item. Assuming it is in her handwriting, why would she write those particular medical terms?

"You remind me what it was like back in 2001 on this case."
That's great. Chandra's was a mysterious unique death that captured and garnered attention. A Congressional Intern is found dead in a nat'l park does not happen often nor before nor since.

It never made sense that CL was leaving DC yet went missing while jogging. As mentioned, I know about the picnic tables arrangements as I've been there. The park is really beautiful but spooky, too.

Thank you for clarifying the timing of the GC/Cheney conference and the time that CL signed off the Internet. That fact provides opportunity.

The decomposition stench has been sticking out like a red flag alert. There is no way the body could have been in that exact location during those critical stages of decomposition when the gases and fumes escape. So, where was this precious young lady's body held during this time period? It is truly a difficult thing to consider that a diabolical killer kept her body secreted until it no longer held a foul odor.

"her computer hard drive was found completely destroyed the next day"
This conflicts with official reports that the police accidentally crashed CLs laptop but you have proof that her laptop was physically destroyed?

"There was also a note on her counter that mentioned cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac arrest."
Was not aware of this item. Assuming it is in her handwriting, why would she write those particular medical terms?

I've yet to respond to some of your previous comments, but will take the opportunity to respond to these now.

Both the completely destroyed hard drive and cerebral hemorrhage note are from testimony in Guandique trial. The note especially was completely out of left field. Discussion determined that finding it on her counter was related to police searching her apartrment, visiting Condit, and coming back next day and finding her computer completely inoperable and the cerebral hemorrhage note on her counter. None of this was connected or commented upon at time back in 2001. It is only through one side remark from Gainer to explain delay that we knew hard drive had to have data read off of it.

I'm searching on my posts on this during Guandique trial:

excerpt from Washington Examiner:
"....In addition to Condit&#8217;s business card, items [D.C. Police evidence technician Charles] Egan was asked about included a handwritten note mentioning cerebral hemorrhage and cardiac death that was found on Levy&#8217;s kitchen countertop."

excerpt from McClatchy:
"Under questioning by defense attorney Hawilo, [FBI supervisory special agent Jane] Dombowski acknowledged that the computer&#8217;s hard drive also showed signs that police officers had used it during a May 9 search of Levy&#8217;s apartment."

From chapter Investigation in Murder on a Horse Trail:
"Niles Lathem of the New York Post reports how police sources describe the first questioning of Condit on May 9."

excerpt from Washington Post:
"Detective Sgt. Ronald Wyatt said he visited Levy's apartment May 9 and looked around.

Wyatt said he saw her laptop computer switched on and browsed it to see what sites she had recently visited. Then he turned it off to get a search warrant.

But when he returned the next day, the laptop powered up, but nothing was there. "The operating system was obliterated," Wyatt said."

excerpt from McClatchy:
"A trained forensics examiner, [FBI supervisory special agent Jane] Dombowski said she had to send the hard drive of Levy&#8217;s laptop to a Minnesota-based company in order to extract information because the hard drive could not otherwise be accessed."

excerpt from Washington Examiner:
"Domboski testified that when she removed the hard drive for examination, the forensic exam station did not recognize the data."

my comments:
It's clear that the "obliteration" was meant to lose everything on Chandra's computer. It took a facility to take Chandra's hard drive apart and read the data with a special read head to find out what was on her computer.

And I think it's pretty obvious who didn't want that information known. And it wasn't Guandique.

I can't even do more than guess where the note about cerebral hemorrhage on her kitchen counter, kept secret all this time by DC police, fits in with the secret overnight attempted destruction of her computer while a search warrant was being obtained.

rd

"You remind me what it was like back in 2001 on this case."
That's great. Chandra's was a mysterious unique death that captured and garnered attention. A Congressional Intern is found dead in a nat'l park does not happen often nor before nor since.

It never made sense that CL was leaving DC yet went missing while jogging. As mentioned, I know about the picnic tables arrangements as I've been there. The park is really beautiful but spooky, too.

Thank you for clarifying the timing of the GC/Cheney conference and the time that CL signed off the Internet. That fact provides opportunity.

The decomposition stench has been sticking out like a red flag alert. There is no way the body could have been in that exact location during those critical stages of decomposition when the gases and fumes escape. So, where was this precious young lady's body held during this time period? It is truly a difficult thing to consider that a diabolical killer kept her body secreted until it no longer held a foul odor.

Very nice to know you've been there and seen it. Beautiful but spooky is apt. Things like making Chandra a jogger when she wasn't, ignoring the effects of a decomposing body, and even having Guandique up there at Grove 18 is just a mind numbingly ignoring of the facts and reality. Did any of these prosecutors even walk up that massive hill from Beach Drive to grove 18 to have any idea of their claim that Chandra was assaulted on the No Horses path into the forest from grove 18?

They surely didn't let the jury see it because then they might have some idea of what the prosecutors were claiming. I mean these ethics averse people just don't care at all what they tell an ignorant jury to get their conviction.

That is not justice for Chandra or whoever the prosecution is allegedly seeking justice for.

I don't know where Chandra's body decomposed, there was no sign of DNA from decomposition at the Rock Creek Park site of her remains, but I find it very odd that Condit hightailed it off the House floor when he got word that the DC police were searching around his condo building, and was heard from next by Ann Marie Smith at midnight. The phone number that showed up on her cell phone was a pay phone in Luray, Virginia, well inland into Virginia from DC.

Condit had given instructions to another former mistress about getting rid of dead bodies, his body presumably should he die while with her, and first off was to call a number, using a pay phone.

rd

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zandylee07
Back