GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The person in the picture looks very young. If a guy, he does not appear to have much of a beard. If a girl, she is not dressed to be making a night call.

Could this have been a drug delivery?

I agree... certainly appears to be a sex worker appt gone bad. But, strangely... while the facial features of the POI appear quite feminine, the way he/she walks... I think it's a male.

I would guess the ethnicity is islander. Maybe Samoan or Tongan.

This person in the picture must not have been familiar with the hotel. The video shows the person getting on the elevator then getting off. Somewhere it has been explained that you need a room key to operate the elevator.

But then you can go to the garage and walk up the stairs to the floor you want? How unsafe is that? If true, it defeats the purpose of the secured elevator. IMO.

One of the articles posted here had mentioned that the elevators were not working that day due to "maintenance issues."

Baffling case, but I have a feeling the detectives will solve it quick.

RIP David

The person in the picture looks very young. If a guy, he does not appear to have much of a beard. If a girl, she is not dressed to be making a night call.

Could this have been a drug delivery?
Doubt it. According to his obituary he seemed to be athletic, specifically into rowing. Also, one wouldn't need to attempt to disguise themselves and take a circuitous route to a hotel room if invited in. Whoever this POI is, it does not appear he was waiting for them.

MOO

Just pondering why he would be at hotel 3 miles from his home and in this (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bbed-death-hotel-room-blocks-White-House.html) it mentions that his wife told police was fine when he left their home Sunday...maybe they were separated (just speculation on my part)??? And as noted in this thread, there is a timeline discrepancy. Article says he left their home on Sunday...says he texted her Monday but did not show up and he was found Tuesday at 11 am and that was 24 hours after his wife reported him missing?????? And my opinion is the person in the image is a female. Looks like they have injury or are trying to fake walk to conceal identity (maybe to look male???).

In the pic in the linked daileymail article, it looks as if the wife's lip is kind of crooked at one side, and the pic of the person on the stairs has the same look to his/her lip and the nose is very similar to me. I cannot help but notice the resemblance.

IMO

In the pic of the linked daileymail article, it looks as if the wife's lip is kind of crooked at one side, and the pic of the person on the stairs has the same look to his/her lip and the nose is very similar to me. I cannot help but notice the resemblance.

IMO

Also...on his FB, there is a mention of how much his wife looks like her mother...just wondering if the whole family look just alike.

:seeya:

Hi, cluciano63! I was wondering how you were just the other day.

The wife's family could all look very much alike. I know that the wife is considered a victim as well because she lost her husband, but one of her brothers could have had some sort of beef with David. It happens. Or David could have been staying at the hotel because there were problems in the marriage.

There is something screwy about the elevators not working, IMO. Surely not every elevator in the hotel was out of order. There was an early article that mentioned you had to use your room key in the elevators. Where were the 'out of order' signs for the elevator? I absolutely do not believe every elevator was out of order. A hotel like the Donovan cannot expect their guests to walk up flights of stairs to their rooms, IMO. We've stayed in a hotel in DC (and other places) where we had to use our room card key to operate the elevators.

This is surely a strange case, IMO. I do hope I am wrong about what I think about the 'why & who' of it.

In the pic in the linked daileymail article, it looks as if the wife's lip is kind of crooked at one side, and the pic of the person on the stairs has the same look to his/her lip and the nose is very similar to me. I cannot help but notice the resemblance.

IMO
Noticed that also when I saw her photo. She is also small, as the person on the surveillance video appears to be. I am curious after he didn't return home that evening how many times she tried to call him, and again, if anyone knew he had a room at that hotel. Seems rather odd, according to the timeline, that she would be so quick to report him as "missing" if he actually hadn't been home since Sunday. Something is not adding up here.

:waitasec:

MOO

Adding my two cents to the fray: The first time I saw the picture of the person on the stairwell I thought it was a female - at least in the face - but also thought the person had mannerisms of a man, or put on mannerisms of a man. I agree it seems up close and personal - stabbings indicate rage, and rage is often personal. Some of the timeline is very bothersome - 3 minutes between the text message to his wife, and the one picture of the person of interest on the stairwell ( I hope I got that right) . I don't believe this was random, but planned, although it may not have been planned too far in advance of the murder. At any rate, I doubt residents in that area should be worried about a random killer.

http://www.donovanhoteldc.com/

here is a link to the hotel website.

i have only been to DC a few times but both times at one of these smaller boutique hotels in this area. I cannot speak directly to the Donovan but only in general regarding other small hotels in the area.

there are usually only a few elevators, like 2. one seems to be down daily.

in these hotels you do need a key to get to the upper floors. BUT not for the dining floor and often not for the floors below the lobby. like if there is a restaurant or lounge on a lower floor or on the roof, you can usually get there without a key. or from the garage up to the lobby. also, if you have a key to say they 5th floor, you can also access other room floors.

there also tends to be a few ways to get in - ie lobby, restaurant, and garage. perhaps this helps with any hotel sleuthing.

Adding my two cents to the fray: The first time I saw the picture of the person on the stairwell I thought it was a female - at least in the face - but also thought the person had mannerisms of a man, or put on mannerisms of a man. I agree it seems up close and personal - stabbings indicate rage, and rage is often personal. Some of the timeline is very bothersome - 3 minutes between the text message to his wife, and the one picture of the person of interest on the stairwell ( I hope I got that right) . I don't believe this was random, but planned, although it may not have been planned too far in advance of the murder. At any rate, I doubt residents in that area should be worried about a random killer.
I don't think he sent the text message to his wife, however, I'd like to know if she had first called or texted him or if his text was the initial and only contact. Agree, not random, rather someone who knew him.

MOO

http://www.donovanhoteldc.com/

here is a link to the hotel website.

i have only been to DC a few times but both times at one of these smaller boutique hotels in this area. I cannot speak directly to the Donovan but only in general regarding other small hotels in the area.

there are usually only a few elevators, like 2. one seems to be down daily.

in these hotels you do need a key to get to the upper floors. BUT not for the dining floor and often not for the floors below the lobby. like if there is a restaurant or lounge on a lower floor or on the roof, you can usually get there without a key. or from the garage up to the lobby. also, if you have a key to say they 5th floor, you can also access other room floors.

there also tends to be a few ways to get in - ie lobby, restaurant, and garage. perhaps this helps with any hotel sleuthing.

According to their webpage there is a rooftop lounge. There have been comments after articles that is a popular happy hour place.

http://www.donovanhoteldc.com/restaurant/bars/index.html

i was looking at that rooftop lounge, colette. but then i saw that it is closed for the season. :(

but there is also another restaurant. one that has good foot traffic - i was pointed there by a concierge of another hotel. It has, like most of DC, seems to be a mixed residential/tourist/businessperson hangout.

The jacket that the POI is wearing in the surveillance video really looks like it's an Arc'teryx brand jacket to me (the hood, the cut of the jacket, and the emblem on the left breast is what's making me think that). Arc'teryx as a brand is very high-end--spendy, but high-quality. Marketed towards outdoorsy people with lots of disposable income (specifically, towards rock/mountain climbers). Do you see how the hood sticks out in front? Many Arc'teryx jackets are made that way (large, with a reinforced brim) so that you can fit the hood over a climbing helmet.

in the comments after one of the Daily Mail articles, someone said his home was really close to the Hotel. Does anyone know if that is accurate info?

in the comments after one of the Daily Mail articles, someone said his home was really close to the Hotel. Does anyone know if that is accurate info?

It is. Three miles. Per MSM upthread. (See post #33)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove