GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So let's just assume, hypothetically, that he was going to the hotel for gay trysts. How would that lead to his murder? Would he possibly have a male partner that was angry with him? OR did his wife find out and was angry?

Jealousy or betrayal could be on part of partner of either sex based on contempt? or feeling ''used'' -- possibly?

If a person is experiencing liaisons with both sexes it has potential for one of the significant others to feel slighted or perhaps angry that all was not as it seemed (keeping up appearances is strenuous especially in front of family and in the community).

So let's just assume, hypothetically, that he was going to the hotel for gay trysts. How would that lead to his murder? Would he possibly have a male partner that was angry with him? OR did his wife find out and was angry?

I am thinking it's one of those 2 things...MOO.

Was the room booked in his name?
When did he check in?

IMO One of the two.

Was the room booked in his name?
When did he check in?

This is in a link to the Fox piece, with this in the intro

..."Given the long time lapse since the murder and no data on what in the world was he was doing at the more-than-$300-a-night hotel, many in the legal sector have become obsessed with this puzzling saga ..."

Another mention here: last paragraph

Networked Applications: A Guide to the NewComputing Infrastructure / David G. Messerschmitt
Seems respected in his field.

IMO One of the two.

It is possible too it may have been deliberately set up to look personal. People may want somebody dead for intriguing reasons but set it up in tawdry scenarios to distract from the real motive.

How many times was he stabbed? If it was once in the right spot then he could have bled out. It could be a assault which happened during a drug exchange. Maybe he planned on buying drugs and come back later on for a tryst. But the dealer planned on just robbing him. Just cause his valuables were left doesnt mean he didnt have money on the side for the transaction. Jmo.

How many times was he stabbed? If it was once in the right spot then he could have bled out. It could be a assault which happened during a drug exchange. Maybe he planned on buying drugs and come back later on for a tryst. But the dealer planned on just robbing him. Just cause his valuables were left doesnt mean he didnt have money on the side for the transaction. Jmo.

Multiple stab wounds..

Police said they were called to the hotel about 11 a.m. Tuesday and found the victim dead, having suffered multiple stab wounds. Police have released few details, including information on a motive.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...e440d8-b1e4-11e4-854b-a38d13486ba1_story.html

Iam sure dc has plenty of street cameras in that area. So this should be solved quickly since it wasn't random.

Whoa. It said the wife didnt want to comment. She could atleast pleaded to the media to help find the killer. She is hiding behind reps of his law firm. Thats not good.

Whoa. It said the wife didnt want to comment. She could atleast pleaded to the media to help find the killer. She is hiding behind reps of his law firm. Thats not good.

Honestly, if it were my husband in these circumstances, I would not want to comment, either!

It is possible too it may have been deliberately set up to look personal. People may want somebody dead for intriguing reasons but set it up in tawdry scenarios to distract from the real motive.

rsbm

We all (including me) seem to be focused on the "tawdry tryst" gone bad, but it truly is possible that this could have been a set-up by someone w/in the law firm (seems there are reports of some scandalous activities in late 2014) OR someone else.

This is in a link to the Fox piece, with this in the intro

..."Given the long time lapse since the murder and no data on what in the world was he was doing at the more-than-$300-a-night hotel, many in the legal sector have become obsessed with this puzzling saga ..."

Another mention here: last paragraph

Networked Applications: A Guide to the NewComputing Infrastructure / David G. Messerschmitt
Seems respected in his field.

I would, certainly, believe this may have been a set up to make it look a certain way. It's DC. Politics and scandal go hand in hand. The above BBM ..speaks volumes. IMO.

The guy's picture makes him seem like the nicest guy in the world who wouldn't hurt a fly. He seems like a push over kind of guy as well. Like the person you would have do your term paper. He may have fallen prey to a person who wanted to be with his wife. But it's rare to send a female hitman. Plus a young one at that. Maybe she is the lover. But hopefully it doesnt go cold like the florida law professor who was gunned down in his driveway.

The law firm isn't speaking to protect their reputation. The wife isn't speaking because the circumstances, do indeed look like something kinky that went bad. However, this could have been more than just sex. Maybe this guy was being blackmailed, and didn't pay up. Maybe a lover wanted more, and became enraged when they didn't get what they wanted.

This being said, as an IP attorney, he shouldn't have been around nefarious types, as if he were a criminal defense attorney. He would have worked with technology companies, etc. not cons.

If LE hasn't already, they will want to talk to this guys' legal secretary/admin. They know EVERYTHING. They have to work together so closely, there are rarely any true secrets between them.

The latter sounds more plausible.

MOO

What type of 4 star hotel lets somebody like that come in and not check to see if they are a guest or a patron for the happy hour or a delivery person or something? Where is the front desk guy or security. They just let anybody roam the staircase. And iam paying how much a night to stay there. Iam sorry but Lawsuit Time. Jmo.

What type of 4 star hotel lets somebody like that come in and not check to see if they are a guest or a patron for the happy hour or a delivery person or something? Where is the front desk guy or security. They just let anybody roam the staircase. And iam paying how much a night to stay there. Iam sorry but Lawsuit Time. Jmo.

I travel for business constantly, and see "guests" discretely slipping in and out of hallways and elevators all the time. I suspect they have a little side deal with one of the hotel staff. Business men want "services", and the hotels seem to turn a blind eye....or as I suspect, enable.

I just read through the whole thread and because there was some confusion about the timeline earlier I thought I'd set down a very brief one here based on the information from this article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/1...death-young-attorney-inside-washington-hotel/

Monday 2/9/15
sometime after 5pm Messerschmitt checked into a room at the Hotel Donovan
at 7:34pm his wife received a text from him saying he'd be home in about an hour

Tuesday 2/10/15

at 1:50am his wife reported him missing (so, about 6 hours after she received the text)
later that morning he was found dead in the hotel room.

I don't know why the Daily Mail and other sources say he was found 24 hours after he was reported missing. I tend to believe the source above and these two which give a fairly specific time that she reported him missing: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...s-Circle-Hotel-Tuesday-Donovan-291455771.html and http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5c6bf6-b2ad-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html

I just read through the whole thread and because there was some confusion about the timeline earlier I thought I'd set down a very brief one here based on the information from this article: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/1...death-young-attorney-inside-washington-hotel/

Monday 2/9/15
at 7:34pm his wife received a text from him saying he'd be home in about an hour

Tuesday 2/10/15

at 1:50am his wife reported him missing (so, about 6 hours after she received the text)

I don't know why the Daily Mail and other sources say he was found 24 hours after he was reported missing. I tend to believe the source above and these two which give a fairly specific time that she reported him missing: http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...s-Circle-Hotel-Tuesday-Donovan-291455771.html and http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...5c6bf6-b2ad-11e4-886b-c22184f27c35_story.html

I still think it is kind of interesting that his wife reported him missing at 1 am. I would probably not report my husband missing if he was just 4 or 5 hrs later than he predicted he'd be home. I would assume he got caught up with work/friends/etc and I would be angry when he finally answered me. But I would not call LE unless I had some reason to believe something criminal happened. JMO

Monday 2/9/15

Tuesday 2/10/15

snipped respectfully, thank you for this information you considered

Somebody killed him not much like a pro, looks angry, was that real anger or done to seem so? Was there evidence of his being bound or subdued? The video of the POI going in, how bout out? I bet the POI changed and blended in going out? Has anything been said about the estimates on the time of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak