GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to square one....if not for a sexual meet up, why would he have been there without his wife's knowledge?

David Messerschmitt focused his law practice in the area of intellectual property and technology, sourcing and procurement, licensing.

Did he do any volunteer work in DC providing pro bono legal advice?

Think about it:
* Even if his parents were the most homophobic people on the planet, when he began college he was not under their roof.
* Then he went to Boston for law school.
* Then he seemingly went out of his way to do a summer gig at a Chicago law firm (Mayer Brown) to be closer to Kim
* Then left Mayer Brown in Chicago and accepted a position in Cleveland clerking at the Cleveland Clinic and working in an aspect of law that was not his focus in law school or in his later career--- David wanted to be with Kim so he made sacrifices to be with her in Cleveland (yes, Cleveland; only a man in love would move to Cleveland for his love).
* After she completed her post graduate studies they both accepted positions in DC: Kim at Washington Hospital Center and David at Mayer Brown (which suggests to me that they likely offered him a position in 2009 but he went to Cleveland instead).
* Then they waited 2 1/2 years before finally getting married in 2012.

A series of imaginary girlfriends would suffice if the parents were Hank and Helen Homophobic; no one does all of what I outlined above to maintain a cover, not in the 2010's. The guy had so many opportunities to make a break from her if he was living a lie. The evidence would indicate he was not living a lie.

He could've been bisexual. Then, he genuinely would've loved and been sexually attracted to his wife but equally attracted to men. It isn't necessarily mutually exclusive.

LOL - define straight.

From the folks at Merriam-Webster:

Straight
adjective \ˈstrāt\

a : free from curves, bends, angles, or irregularities <straight hair> <straight timber>

b : generated by a point moving continuously in the same direction and expressed by a linear equation <a straight line> <the straight segment of a curve>

;-)

Police also found lubricant, a condom, a computer, Messerschmitt&#8217;s cellphone and other items.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/02/new-clues-death-lawyer-found-upscale-d-c-hotel/

White said the hotel's elevators were not working properly that day due to "maintenance issues." The unknown person of interest is captured on camera pressing the elevator button twice before entering the stairwell. The individual is seen partially covering his or her face with what appears to be a black scarf at one point on the tape.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/02/1...death-young-attorney-inside-washington-hotel/

What significance does the knife have? Why didn't the POI use a gun? No access to a firearm? Less easier to trace? Genuinely, women use guns as opposed to knives when committing a murder.

David Messerschmitt focused his law practice in the area of intellectual property and technology, sourcing and procurement, licensing.

Did he do any volunteer work in DC providing pro bono legal advice?

From everything I have read about DM, I would venture to say that he probably was involved in volunteer work. In a hotel room? Eh.

So I have a theory based on some sleuthing, because it's just my opinion and my sleuthing I'll just post my theory.
The only thing this crime has to do with gay hookups is its meant to hide the real killer's gender and identity. Just like she tried to conceal her identity as female by dressing in clothing much too big for her. I believe the POI is known to both DM and his wife. I believe DM was probably in an affair with this person. I believe this person lives in the DC vicinity (very close). I believe this person wanted more and DM did not. I believe this person has inserted themselves into the situation to gain knowledge of the family and close friends and possibly LE's direction. I said this person was known to both Kim and DM but not in a close capacity and therefore has probably sought out his brother's, sis-in-laws, and close friends as a means to keep an eye on and not to come off as the grieving friend she may portray. I think LE probably has already talked with her and she is on their radar.

I like it. I have one question for anyone who watched the video recently - didn't it seem that the POI walked to the lobby and asked if the elevators were working? I think it was before they decided to use the stairs. That walk made me think it was a male but I definitely felt at the beginning this was an anger killing. The facial covering up and looking at the camera was an amateur, but intent on what they were doing. Why did he answer the door???

He could've been bisexual. Then, he genuinely would've loved and been sexually attracted to his wife but equally attracted to men. It isn't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Yes, I am well aware of the B's in LGBT.

But I'd suggest that there is no credible evidence to support that idea.
An understanding of David & Kim's history that I outlined earlier speaks volumes to the idea that David & Kim were among the over 90% of married Americans who are heterosexual. It also establishes that David made sacrifices to be with Kim and even decided he wanted to live with her in Cleveland while she completed her post-grad studies instead of pursuing lucrative career opportunities in Chicago or DC with Mayer Brown.

and I don't label myself with any of these labels, just pointing out that ALL folks may "hook up" as you described. =)

There was a lot of sarcasm in my reply; hoping it might evoke a chuckle from the reader :)

There was a lot of sarcasm in my reply; hoping it might evoke a chuckle from the reader :)

Indeed, I chuckled, I did! Folks (not here of course) tend to get bogged down in salacious details like sexual orientation or gender identity, sometimes missing other details. I am trying to determine what David's orientation has to do with this crime, if anything. In other words, if we were to stop opining on whether he was meeting a male or a female, would that help us to see anything we're missing?

From everything I have read about DM, I would venture to say that he probably was involved in volunteer work. In a hotel room? Eh.

I wonder what case(s) DM was currently assign to at DLA Piper related to intellectual property and technology, sourcing and procurement, licensing that may have caused him to meet with a potential key witness off of the radar of the firm and at a location that neither the witness or DM would be expected to be and he was set up before uncovering something that could have cost a company billions (yes, I know it's very Pelican Brief)...
OR
If he was helping someone that he was connected with through volunteer work that he was providing them with pro-bono legal advice (a criminal matter seems unlikely)
OR
Maybe he was a degenerate gambler, was connected to narcotics and owed a debt or something similar.

Bottom Line:
The individual that he was meeting with that evening had one only intention: to kill David Messerschmitt.
They did not sexually assault him, it was not a crime of passion, they did not steal any money or credit/debit cards, his laptop was left at the scene.
The individual either was hired to murder him or the individual had reason to murder him; but everything on the surveillance video strongly supports the idea that the purpose of that individual's visit to the Donavan was to murder David Messerschmitt.

Indeed, I chuckled, I did! Folks (not here of course) tend to get bogged down in salacious details like sexual orientation or gender identity, sometimes missing other details. I am trying to determine what David's orientation has to do with this crime, if anything. In other words, if we were to stop opining on whether he was meeting a male or a female, would that help us to see anything we're missing?

This is exactly what I think the killer was hoping people (well LE )would do. It's a smokescreen in my opinion.

I almost choked when I read this, as an advertisement for "Wives with Knives", was playing on my tv.

Does anyone find it odd that the law form removed his profile from their website almost immediately after the news of his death broke? Most employers would leave the profile up for a respectable amount of time after someone has died. Why the rush to do so? That did strike me as perhaps relevant in some way beyond damage control.

What significance does the knife have? Why didn't the POI use a gun? No access to a firearm? Less easier to trace? Genuinely, women use guns as opposed to knives when committing a murder.

Guns are loud.

I keep returning to the idea the individual killed DM by "stabbing him in the back" repeatedly.

The term stabbed [someone] in the back generally means:
- to betray a person.
- to do something harmful to someone who trusted you
- to do something secretly to harm someone

IDK if there's any significance to it with DM's murder but it is most intriguing.

Police reports have said that Messerschmitt&#8217;s wife last saw her husband Sunday, Feb. 8, but that they exchanged text messages the following day. A federal judge who is friends with Messerschmitt said he was at work at his firm in Gallery Place on Feb. 9 and left at 5:30 p.m. Police said Messerschmitt&#8217;s wife received a text on his phone about two hours later, at 7:34 p.m., saying he would be home in about one hour.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...83647c-b7bf-11e4-9423-f3d0a1ec335c_story.html

Whether DM was heterosexual or not, happily married or not, meeting someone for a quickie or not...someone wanted his murder to look like/be reported as a gay hook up gone wrong. To me...that much is obvious.

And as someone said in a previous post, how sad that this will be this brilliant and wonderful man's legacy. Quite an injustice.

I like it. I have one question for anyone who watched the video recently - didn't it seem that the POI walked to the lobby and asked if the elevators were working? I think it was before they decided to use the stairs. That walk made me think it was a male but I definitely felt at the beginning this was an anger killing. The facial covering up and looking at the camera was an amateur, but intent on what they were doing. Why did he answer the door???

This post has my thoughts on why DM opened the door to greet his guest

Regarding the individual's arrival at the Donavan; having been there for an event in the past and having a good friend who lives in the building adjacent to the Donavan, when I first viewed the video of the individual entering the Donavan I was surprised that the staff did not ask if the individual was a hotel guest-- especially after the individual's odd behavior walking into the elevator, walking out, walking half way to the lobby and turning back to the elevator and turning again to walk back towards the lobby and abruptly entering the stairwell. The behavior was bizarre, they were attempting to conceal their face and their attire was not generally what a guest at the Donavan would wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member