GUILTY DC - David Messerschmitt, 30, murdered in Washington hotel room, 9 Feb 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what to believe regarding the Mrs. I think it's entirely likely that we are witnessing a woman dealing with a range of strong emotions (anger, grief...) thrust upon her by the circumstances of her husbands death, or possibly insincerity. I'll keep the door open to both as I think its hard to know. I would like more facts though!:moo:

Me neither. I hate to say the emotions w/ head shaking in the video seemed a bit feigned :(

How did a small woman manage physically to kill him with a knife? I wonder if he was tied up...

Although the "give it forward" effort has been abandoned, I'm curious...

How common is it for family members/friends to setup public fundraisers for an "investigation" into a murder? I can easily understand private solicitation in order to hire PI's, as well private solicitation to increase cash rewards on a case... or even public fundraising for missing person cases... but I'm perplexed by the effort in a case like this.

Maybe it occurs more than I realize? :thinking:

** Hi again to our constant "guests" who are :hiding:

How did a small woman manage physically to kill him with a knife? I wonder if he was tied up...

Good question, and that's why I was so very convinced the Perp is male. That, and the mannerisms. If it is, indeed, a female as LE states, it has to be a buff chick to wield a knife like that. IMO.

Although the "give it forward" effort has been abandoned, I'm curious...

How common is it for family members/friends to setup public fundraisers for an "investigation" into a murder? I can easily understand private solicitation in order to hire PI's, as well private solicitation to increase cash rewards on a case... or even public fundraising for missing person cases... but I'm perplexed by the effort in a case like this.

Maybe it occurs more than I realize? :thinking:

** Hi again to our constant "guests" who are :hiding:

Too cute on the curtain peekers! Love it. YES GUESTS, don't be shy. Please join the conversation. We need some fresh thinking.
The only explanation for her fund raising approach, is that I think she was trying a "marketing" approach to get people engaged and involved in helping solve the crime. Actually not a bad idea, although most definitely unorthodox. I think it was a sincere attempt and nothing more.
I may have to eat my hat on this one (it wouldn't be the first time on WS), but I think the wife is being viewed harshly, without cause. I haven't seen anything that really stands out as hinky. I thought her statement was heartfelt, and genuine. I think she is a victim, and not a POI.
My heart really goes out to her. Can you imagine your loved one being murdered, and then found under such embarrassing circumstances for the world to see? Since she has not been identified as a POI, she has my full support and sympathy.

Back massage?
How does she explain showing up in a thousand layers of clothing for an intimate back massage moment?

If every scenario we can imagine requires that he knew this woman intimately, or at least knew her well enough to invite her inside and spend some time in the room with him, I have to believe she is overweight and not wearing extra layers of clothes.

Or expected someone to show up to his room. Yep.
He'd have to have expected HER to show up for HER to have access to drug him. Or at least known her well enough to allow her into the room if she showed up unexpectedly. She couldn't just stab him with a needle when he opens the door. He had to allow her inside the room for her to drug him via a drug in a drink or even a needle. Imagine the risk of him stumbling out into the hallway if she had stabbed him with a needle at the door. Then having to drag him across the room. If it's a woman, he had to know her well for her to get far enough into the room to kill him.

Good question, and that's why I was so very convinced the Perp is male. That, and the mannerisms. If it is, indeed, a female as LE states, it has to be a buff chick to wield a knife like that. IMO.
I agree. I think it's a male. If it's a female, she's not slender like the women everyone has been discussing here. She has to be an overweight women. I'm not buying the theory of a slender woman with multiple layers of clothes or stuffed clothes to appear heavier.

So the question is why would he have an intimate encounter scheduled with an overweight woman when it appears he's attracted to slender women considering his wife's stature? That person in the picture isn't a high end call girl by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if there are any overweight Asian prostitutes who do fetishes like enemas. It's unlikely he would find one from the same culture of his wife though.

I just don't know.. watching that video is kind of creepy
Won't say more as we don't know who the POI is

I agree. I think it's a male. If it's a female, she's not slender like the women everyone has been discussing here. She has to be an overweight women. I'm not buying the theory of a slender woman with multiple layers of clothes or stuffed clothes to appear heavier.

So the question is why would he have an intimate encounter scheduled with an overweight woman when it appears he's attracted to slender women considering his wife's stature? That person in the picture isn't a high end call girl by any stretch of the imagination.

I wonder if there are any overweight Asian prostitutes who do fetishes like enemas. It's unlikely he would find one from the same culture of his wife though.

Think of Arnold, the Govenator. His "friend" was by most accounts, a rather dumpy looking woman. Nothing like what you'd imagine he would cheat with. But I think you have it right; this person had some sort of "specialty" that he was looking for. Who knows how peoples minds work when it comes to "quirks". Perhaps he was too embarrassed to have his wife play out his quirk with him, or perhaps the secrecy was part of the excitement. We don't know, and that doesn't matter much at this point.

Too cute on the curtain peekers! Love it. YES GUESTS, don't be shy. Please join the conversation. We need some fresh thinking.
The only explanation for her fund raising approach, is that I think she was trying a "marketing" approach to get people engaged and involved in helping solve the crime. Actually not a bad idea, although most definitely unorthodox. I think it was a sincere attempt and nothing more.
I may have to eat my hat on this one (it wouldn't be the first time on WS), but I think the wife is being viewed harshly, without cause. I haven't seen anything that really stands out as hinky. I thought her statement was heartfelt, and genuine. I think she is a victim, and not a POI.
My heart really goes out to her. Can you imagine your loved one being murdered, and then found under such embarrassing circumstances for the world to see? Since she has not been identified as a POI, she has my full support and sympathy.

I was just speculating on the fundraiser, not DM's wife.

There's no way I can imagine a loved one being murdered... but, undoubtedly, I'd say ALL the wrong things at ALL the wrong times.

Maybe you're correct that the fundraiser was just a unique attempt to help the investigation. But, there wasn't much of a marketing effort and it sure didn't last very long. 'Just seems strange, ya know?

Ashamedly, I've had to eat a hat or two myself ;)

Anyone ever ask you, 'If you got something to say, say it?' David's widow did, in a fish bowl. It wasn't easy, of course. It would put me in :badmood: too, I imagine, having to go public with a plea for help IDing the POI, with a: a read statement; LE's confirmation that it was a woman; further speculation that is was a set up, in MSM; and most importantly, the tip line, not a hired PI; with the help of a hired PR firm. But she took no questions and had 'No answers.' which is normal in these circumstances for family members, I gather.

Her expressions as she spoke? I imagine it would do the same to me, as it seems to David's widow, what may feel like whistling into some cruel wind. In the end, to say, but 'Madame, the POI looks like your spitting image' doesn't fly. Many people care somebody gave David a cold and painful death. Many people seem to still, besides his near and dear. It is good to see that. I feel terrible for those who love and care to see justice for him and that he was torn out of their lives.

The POI in the video appeared to be male to many of us because of the slue - footed gait of a male. Now that we have been told she's female, we are assuming the POI presented as a woman. That's not necessarily the case, though. It could be that while biologically a female, she identifies as male, transgender, or agender. Whatever her gender identity, I don't think she could fake that gait due to an overabundance of clothing, or be able to jog up the stairs with ease if bulked up with layers of clothing. I think we are seeing the correct build of the POI in the videos, but limiting the POI to being a female, only, could be misguided if that's not how she presents.

You're not buying it if LE confirms it was a female? If I put on my husband's jacket, I would look twice as big as I am..? I'm not following your logic. If it was an online hook-up, DM would have requested what he wanted (male/female/whatever fetish). I think this perp (female) had on a big jacket to hide a big knife and to confuse the cameras and LE.

I am just speculating, but when he opened the door to her, he might have said "why are you so late?", not "why are you dressed like that?" (it was very cold in DC then). When you open a hotel door to someone you know, you would turn around naturally. Or he could have gone back to lay on the bed for whatever was going to happen next - or I have even thought, maybe she was there earlier (5:30-7:30), left and came back. Maybe he let her know this was the last time or something that rattled her. In my heart of hearts (and it is heartbreaking, no matter who/what), I think it is a crime of passion. But I think I said that already. Just sad all the way around.

You're not buying it if LE confirms it was a female?
Just how exactly do you imagine LE came to this conclusion? If LE gave detailed reasons they believe the person is female, I'd be more likely to "buy" it. My subsequent posts detail the confusion involved with thinking it's a woman, such as the physical logistics of a female killing a male with a knife need to be taken into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487