DC - Former President Donald Trump indicted, 4 federal counts in 2020 election interference, 1 Aug 2023, Trial 4 Mar 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish we could have something akin to a media thread but instead for the dates of all these hearings and trials.

I shall ask @JerseyGirl - if I can start one. :)

Some help here:​

August 10 - January 6 pretrial​

The Department of Justice has been told to file a brief suggesting a trial date for the January 6 case in which Trump has pleaded not guilty to four charges by Thursday, as well as an estimate to how long the trial may last.

August 17 - January 6 pretrial​

In response to the DoJ's trial brief, Trump's legal team will need to address the prosecution's details by the following week.

August 28 - January 6 pretrial​

The judge overseeing the January 6 trial, Tanya Chutkan, will then hold a hearing by the end of August to discuss matters such as a date for proceedings to begin.

October 2 - The Trump Organization fraud trial​

New York Attorney Letitia James is suing the former president and The Trump Organization for $250 million over allegations the real estate company inflated or undervalued the value of a number of assets for financial benefits.

January 15, 2024 - E. Jean Carroll defamation trial​

January 15 - Iowa Caucus​

The same day that Carroll's second defamation trial against Trump will begin, Republicans in Iowa will choose who they want to be the GOP's 2024 nominee in the first-in-the-nation caucus.

March 5 - Super Tuesday​

Trump will be hoping to prove his domination in the GOP primary by Super Tuesday, when 15 states go to the primary polls on the election's biggest day of voting.

March 25 - Stormy Daniels hush money trial​

Shortly after Super Tuesday, Trump will be required to attend his falsifying business records trial in New York.

May 20 - Classified documents trial​

Donald Trump is accused of 40 charges in relation to allegations he illegally retained top secret materials after he left the White House in January 2021, then willfully obstructed the federal attempt to retrieve them.

July 15 - Republican National Convention​

Actually I have MORE dates than what is listed... I shall see if @JerseyGirl will let me start a thread - and "where" it should go! LOL! :D

I created a handwritten calendar last evening. In pencil.

jmo

Rolling And Laughing Smiley
good one! :D

My husband would still vote for Trump. All of these charges and convictions have him convinced that there is a conspiracy against Trump.

So, there is still momentum out there, supporting Trump, no matter what.

It kind of feels like a double edged sword. If the proceedings aren't televised, it could potentially allow more lies and conspiracy theories to be spread. If they are televised, are the ones who would spread lies and conspiracies even going to bother with watching, or are they going to blow the dog whistle and spew the same crap regardless? JMO

It kind of feels like a double edged sword. If the proceedings aren't televised, it could potentially allow more lies and conspiracy theories to be spread. If they are televised, are the ones who would spread lies and conspiracies even going to bother with watching, or are they going to blow the dog whistle and spew the same crap regardless? JMO

I agree. Double-edged sword.

Whether televised or not televised, IMO his cult followers are going to be raging about Lamestream Media, Fake News, the Deep State, and all the other tropes.

If it’s televised, IMO it will embolden his followers because they will view it as their leader being persecuted (for them)! before their very eyes. Who knows how much violence will ensue?

If it’s NOT televised, IMO it will embolden his followers because they will view it as their leader being a martyr with proceedings hidden from view, purposefully so the government can have its way with him in secret. Who knows how much violence will ensue?

JMO

My husband would still vote for Trump. All of these charges and convictions have him convinced that there is a conspiracy against Trump.

So, there is still momentum out there, supporting Trump, no matter what.
Ditto here- my husband is glued to Fox and believes every word --- sigh-- it is so disappointing-- if my husband was not such a good guy-- well, you know, but he is so I try and overlook this major flaw!!!!

Whether televised or not televised, IMO his cult followers are going to be raging about Lamestream Media, Fake News, the Deep State, and all the other tropes.

If it’s televised, IMO it will embolden his followers because they will view it as their leader being persecuted (for them)! before their very eyes. Who knows how much violence will ensue?

If it’s NOT televised, IMO it will embolden his followers because they will view it as their leader being a martyr with proceedings hidden from view, purposefully so the government can have its way with him in secret. Who knows how much violence will ensue?

JMO
At the end of the day I come down on having the trial televised- people need to see our justice system at work in the biggest trial of our time---- better to have it all out there instead of people making things up to fill the void (they will make stuff up anyway LOL)

At the end of the day I come down on having the trial televised- people need to see our justice system at work in the biggest trial of our time---- better to have it all out there instead of people making things up to fill the void (they will make stuff up anyway LOL)

That's the thing, if they watch it and even see it in person, they'll still believe whatever the talking heads are saying. MOO

JMO
Trump's supporters can rage all they like. Their rage didn't manage to get him re-elected in 2020, nor were the majority of his endorsements elected in 2022...and that was BEFORE we knew that his pals at Fox News also lied about the 2020 election being "stolen."

JMO

Blanche can't appear Thurs, he's got court for Trump in Florida.

Lauro is available. But he likes afternoon sessions!

Trump wants it on 8/14-15 so both attorneys can be there.

Thanks for posting this. It states, bbm

"The Government is available at any time on August 9, 10, or 11. The defense represents the following: President Trump will not appear. However, he would like to have both his counsel John Lauro and Todd Blanche at the hearing. Todd Blanche is not available on Thursday, since he must appear for a court proceeding in the prosecution brought against the same defendant, President Trump, by the Special Counsel in SD Florida. Mr. Lauro is available on Thursday, with a preference for an afternoon setting. However, since we lost Friday as an option, we would respectfully request a setting on Monday (after 12:00 p.m.) or Tuesday (all day) to allow for both Mr. Blanche and Mr. Lauro to be present."

Why is the defense saying they lost Friday as an option? You can fly from Florida to D.C. in a few hours. Or, is zoom an option?

Am I missing something about Friday?

Same link as quoted post.

Trump's supporters can rage all they like. Their rage didn't manage to get him re-elected in 2020, nor were the majority of his endorsements elected in 2022...and that was BEFORE we knew that his pals at Fox News also lied about the 2020 election being "stolen."

JMO
Lol. It appears the haters are raging and melting down over the entire thing.

JMO

We really need our own club. With @ilovewings . My husband is a fairly normal person otherwise. He gives Trump a pass on absolutely everything. Including Vietnam. Bone spurs, indeed. Huge eye roll.
Huge Eyeroll here too @mickey2942

Thanks for posting this. It states, bbm

"The Government is available at any time on August 9, 10, or 11. The defense represents the following: President Trump will not appear. However, he would like to have both his counsel John Lauro and Todd Blanche at the hearing. Todd Blanche is not available on Thursday, since he must appear for a court proceeding in the prosecution brought against the same defendant, President Trump, by the Special Counsel in SD Florida. Mr. Lauro is available on Thursday, with a preference for an afternoon setting. However, since we lost Friday as an option, we would respectfully request a setting on Monday (after 12:00 p.m.) or Tuesday (all day) to allow for both Mr. Blanche and Mr. Lauro to be present."

Why is the defense saying they lost Friday as an option? You can fly from Florida to D.C. in a few hours. Or, is zoom an option?

Am I missing something about Friday?

Same link as quoted post.
Could Friday be out as a date for the J6 hearing because he's being indicted in Georgia? IDK, just trying to figure out why Friday is out, with no explanation in this doc.

jmo

What does everyone think about the idea of the trial being public? I am on the fence.

On the one hand, it's probably the most important trial in American history. (I resent he is making history, fwiw. Would prefer he is forgotten and fast.) On the other hand, he's a regular citizen and should be treated as any other person facing Federal trial. Federal trials are not televised for regular people.

Then again, it's important that Americans see what this man did to our country and that justice is being done. On the other hand, would the audience who needs to be convinced bother watching? I don't think his fan base watched the J6 hearings that were televised and easily accessible to watch online. And, they don't seem to read the actual documents that are easily accessible to read online and prefer to believe and repeat spin.

What's the best approach?

(And, now, I have the song "The Revolution will not be Televised" on my mind. Anyone else remember that one?)

jmo

Forgot to add another concern - would televising it turn it into a show? Trump loves to put on a show and I can see him making this into a joke, a circus. That would be a disgrace, imo.

Good questions. Trump would turn himself into the circus, he's already all three rings and then some.

I think it's an important event to watch, regardless of who chooses to watch. I have no doubt people all over the world would be watching.

I don't care how inflated his ego would get over the ratings, the importance of a fair and transparent trial exceeds his over inflated ego.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gingina30