DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I hope LE is searching around Richmond. I think it's telling that when KLT realized LE was involved, he took the trip to Richmond. Something/someone important is there.

Yep, it's time to do a sweep of all the seedy motels near Midlothian Trnpk, Rt 1 (Jefferson Davis Hwy) from Southside Richmond all the way to Chestefield, VA.

The trouble is that I95 is right there...Relisha could be anywhere along the East Coast :(

Those skeevy motels either have managers that turn a blind eye or are making money off of all of this illegal activity. You know, in their heart of hearts, they know exactly what is going on.

I would not be surprised if Relisha's mother is with a lawyer somewhere
trying to figure out a way to sue the state,because they didn't make sure SHE kept her child safe.

I would not be surprised if Relisha's mother is with a lawyer somewhere
trying to figure out a way to sue the state,because they didn't make sure SHE kept her child safe.

:Welcome1:

:tantrum: Another day, no Relisha. I pray that Tatum was the only buyer, and that they are able to find her soon. I pray that if she was sold, there's a phone trail, paper trail, something to indicate when and who and where and she can be rescued. I don't feel she's alive, but if she is, I pray she's rescued soon. With all the attention, if someone had her with innocent intentions, they would have called police by now.

This case has caused numerous people to lose sleep, become anxious, and worried about dear Relisha. We all need a resolution and soon. I try not to become emotionally involved in cases, but with kids, it's hard to separate yourself. Those dear SAR people, investigators, police, FBI every single one that is working to find Relisha, I pray for them. They are human, you know this hurts them as well. :tantrum:

I was looking at some of the former addresses I had found that his deceased sister once lived (She was married to RSL -- yes the same person who was originally on the Amber Alert) and one place stood out to me. The 400 block of Pond St NE. [I won't post the actual street number on here] but the place is 1/10th of a mile from the entrance to the same park they are currently searching and if the information on Spokeo is correct --- someone listed as lived/living at that same address has a last name that matches another family name in Tatum's family.
It doesn't list the first name so I can't check to be sure that it is the same family.

There is quite a bit of open space behind those homes on that street and there is an alley that goes behind them.

I am curious to the address you found. Last week I found an address on Ponds St NE that listed Karl L Tatum, it sounds like the same one, very close to the park. I can't seem to find it on Spokeo though.

I agree. I hope LE is searching around Richmond. I think it's telling that when KLT realized LE was involved, he took the trip to Richmond. Something/someone important is there.

Twitit, that trip to Richmond bothers me, as well. IMO, he went there to make the purchase of the gun he was searching for on the internet with a 'friend'. this had to be a straw purchase since KT was a felon. Well, Kahlil might not have been; but, Karl's fingerprints/identity surely were in the system. Sadly, with the run on gun purchases since last fall, many jurisdictions rushed applications through and performed the background checks afterward. Some felons slipped through the cracks. Plenty of people to be arrested for a variety of offences by the time this case is officially closed. JMO

Retweeted by ABC7News
Roz Plater ‏@roznewz 1h
Still no sign of #RelishaRudd Missing persons advocate tells us where police should look next. @ABC7NEWS11 @BAM_FI pic.twitter.com/W6Eud0sD3t

The fact that he had FIVE cell phones is very concerning! To me, that says bigger than taking her for his own pleasure. Why would he need 5 phones for that?

Here is why I want Tatum's DNA put into CODIS, ASAP.
This is "Sketch" from 2005 Fairfax Rape and 2009 Morgan Harrington Murder:
21453752_SA.jpg

Khalil Tatum:
3424269_G.jpg

Don't they take DNA before prisoners are released from prison? I think they do.

The fact that he had FIVE cell phones is very concerning! To me, that says bigger than taking her for his own pleasure. Why would he need 5 phones for that?

I was just about to say the same thing. But, I guess it depends on whether they were up to date phones or old phones that he upgraded from. There are four phones in my house and all but one of them works by switching out the SIM card...but two are fairly old.

If his had five different numbers then I would feel fairly confident that he was either some sort of runner (a cog in the hierarchy) or a boss-type member of some sort of illegal ring/gang/organization.

Did anyone figure out what that tattoo stands for?

Don't they take DNA before prisoners are released from prison? I think they do.

Up until 2007, IIRC, it was only for violent offenses...and only upon conviction. But, his crimes were for larceny & possibly B&E and before 2007.

Here is why I want Tatum's DNA put into CODIS, ASAP.
This is "Sketch" from 2005 Fairfax Rape and 2009 Morgan Harrington Murder:
21453752_SA.jpg

Khalil Tatum:
3424269_G.jpg

Whoa, Just K, the sketches look so much like him. Great catch!

ETA: But, wasn't he incarcerated for that entire period of time?

Wish we had a mugshot so we could see what he looked like a little younger to compare to the sketches. They do look awfully similar, even the stoic nature.

Whoa, Just K, the sketches look so much like him. Great catch!

ETA: But, wasn't he incarcerated for that entire period of time?

It is a good catch! The nose looks identical to me! Was he incarcerated then?

Also, the Harrington murder/Fairfax rape suspect is described as 6 feet tall, which is nearly half a foot taller than Tatum. (However, eye-witness accounts are often somewhat off.)

The suspect is described as an African-American male with black hair and facial hair at the time of the attack. He is approximately 6’0” tall and was believed to be between the ages of 25 and 35 years old at the time of the attack.
http://www.fbi.gov/washingtondc/pre...dia-campaign-in-morgan-harrington-murder-case

For example, Virginia (which has been collecting DNA from all felons since 1990) has a convicted offender database that now contains over 189,000 DNA profiles. As a result, they averaged 37 hits per month in 2002. Crimes solved by DNA in Virginia include 90 homicides and 196 non-homicide sexual assaults. Of the 1,070 hits Virginia has had to date, approximately 82% would have been missed if the database were limited to only violent offenders.

http://www.justice.gov/ag/dnalegislation.htm

I'd be concerned if they were 5 cell phones with active service. If you searched through the drawers at my house you'd find more than 5 cell phones between my boyfriend and I. Of course only two are active and in use. The rest haven't been used in forever.

So, chances are Virginia has his DNA. They need to make sure of it, though. I was under the impression that this applied only to violent crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr