DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you thinking about LE not letting us in on the last time she was known to be seen? I find this part intriguing and disturbing at the same time.

I was only going by what was on the website. But good to know they are open year round.

If Tatum was out looking for places with little girls, a stable would be a good one. (It appears he had contact with other girls in the homeless setting so it wouldn't be a stretch to think he was a pedo.) Also it could be a familiar place for Tatum with lots of areas to hide a body. He grew up in the surrounding area so it makes me think he would go to a place close.

I checked their website and it is confusing, but it does say that lessons continue through the winter - it's the 'touristy' trail rides that are seasonal.

There are stables that are closer than that. Also, the stables at Rock Creek Park are very elite and frequented by the 'upper crust', for lack of better words. The lessons there are twice as much as where my daughter rides. I think a black man would stand out there.

Something else: the dead animals is not rare around here. It happens around the area from time to time. The area across the street from our home had quite a bit off/on for awhile. It was decided to be a ritual of some sort - I think similar to what was discussed in the WashPost article that you quoted above.

By the way, you've dug up some great info on your sleuthing. I personally think it's not related to Relisha, but who knows? That's why there are so many theories. And yours is as good as mine. :seeya:

(I just don't want you to feel that I'm attacking your posts - there just aren't many folks in here posting right now, so yours are the only ones I have to read at the moment...)

What are you thinking about LE not letting us in on the last time she was known to be seen? I find this part intriguing and disturbing at the same time.

I'm with you there. That has really bugged me - as if they know something. My gut feeling is that she did not walk out of one of those hotels. Because --- I think if she had been verified to be elsewhere afterwards, then they would say so, so that folks could be on the lookout or be searching. Right?

I checked their website and it is confusing, but it does say that lessons continue through the winter - it's the 'touristy' trail rides that are seasonal.

There are stables that are closer than that. Also, the stables at Rock Creek Park are very elite and frequented by the 'upper crust', for lack of better words. The lessons there are twice as much as where my daughter rides. I think a black man would stand out there.

Something else: the dead animals is not rare around here. It happens around the area from time to time. The area across the street from our home had quite a bit off/on for awhile. It was decided to be a ritual of some sort - I think similar to what was discussed in the WashPost article that you quoted above.

By the way, you've dug up some great info on your sleuthing. I personally think it's not related to Relisha, but who knows? That's why there are so many theories. And yours is as good as mine. :seeya:

(I just don't want you to feel that I'm attacking your posts - there just aren't many folks in here posting right now, so yours are the only ones I have to read at the moment...)
No worries. I jumped in on this one and haven't gone back to read the details like I should. I know she could as easily be in the river, but why would he go to the trouble of buying the things to bury a person? Guess he could have intended on burying the wife, but for some reason decided against it?

The stables came up because of the photos. He seems to give importance to the place. I would think she was somewhere he deemed important and/or familiar. I was only looking at Rock Creek because it was the closest to the Holiday Express Hotel where she was seen with him. But it would make sense not to be that one after seeing the rest of the photos as it was not a class act because the hay barn looks shabby and in need of paint.

The dead animal thing isn't a big deal other than the cruelty it could show. When there is a dead wife and a missing child, I don't overlook those small details when combing through the area.

The idea she went in and didn't come out alive from the hotel is possible, but they would have cadaver dogs there to verify it and would have every indication she died inside the room. I don't see a reason for LE to hide it.

My thought is they have her on video on the 1st and can see she was alive that day, but due to the nature of the video maybe they won't release the information.

Do you think LE is running face recognition software on known child *advertiser censored* sites to see if someone it trying to share pictures on line or offering her on line?

(I just don't want to believe she's no longer alive. It's a definite possibility, but I'm hoping she'll be rescued not recovered.)

A half-zippered cable-knit sweater and khaki colored jeans as a uniform? I don't see it. I don't see this being a dress code for a facility at all. He isn't dressed like he is working there, imo.

I think most of the pics are from the prison program. His brother is also 1/3 owner in a race horse. But he lives in a different state.

I've been so AWOL - we're renovating our 'new' home ourselves, and I'm not near internet most of the day (gotta fix that!).

But I don't think he sold Relisha. If he did, it seems that he would've taken the money and left town, rather than kill himself. Why sell her and then go kill yourself?

Part of me hopes that he did and that LE will find her and save her. But for some reason, it doesn't fit (although for the life of me I don't know where a janitor at a homeless shelter got the money for the things he had: a nice truck, nice clothes, electronics, phones, gifts/cash to give away, etc.).

I agree. I think SY rented Relisha to KT. Hence the "but he always brought her back" BS. I guess it's okie dokie to look the other way when you know she is being abused, but then act horrified when the person you are renting your 8yr old to abuses her to death! I also don't believe KT planned on killing Relisha. Just how hard is it to set up a deal like this? It must have been his dream come true when he finally came across SY. :furious:

There are quite a few. My daughter takes lessons and at her stables they have many many acres of trails, etc. And that's just one of more than a dozen stables in the area.

I still think she's there, in the Anacostia River. The bottom of the Anacostia right there is nothing but soft, silty, sink-y kind of mud. We've been boating in the area and participated in clean-up days along the Anacostia. I think it would be very very hard to find her, if she's in a bag and weighted down. :no:

I think he intended to bury her in the park. But the closeness of that river is not lost on me! How much easier would it have been to just throw her in the river? How many other cases where a body is never found involve a river? :banghead:

I'm with you there. That has really bugged me - as if they know something. My gut feeling is that she did not walk out of one of those hotels. Because --- I think if she had been verified to be elsewhere afterwards, then they would say so, so that folks could be on the lookout or be searching. Right?

BBM

I think LE knows she didn't leave the Days Inn on March 2nd on her own volition. What was their wording? They were "very confident" they would find her in the park, or something along those lines. :(

Sorry. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but it doesn't have to be anymore complicated than that. Creepy pedo grooms girl with stoner mother. Pays off mom to look the other way. Things get out of hand and then uh oh. Pretend nothing happened until the authorities get involved. Plan to run but wife resists. Kill her during an altercation. And only then did it become a desperate situation for KT where it overcame him and he ended his own life. I still think he was thinking of moving Relisha from the park. . but that didn't work out for him. Too bad, so sad for him.

I think most of the pics are from the prison program. His brother is also 1/3 owner in a race horse. But he lives in a different state.

I agree. I think SY rented Relisha to KT. Hence the "but he always brought her back" BS. I guess it's okie dokie to look the other way when you know she is being abused, but then act horrified when the person you are renting your 8yr old to abuses her to death! I also don't believe KT planned on killing Relisha. Just how hard is it to set up a deal like this? It must have been his dream come true when he finally came across SY. :furious:

I think LE knows she didn't leave the Days Inn on March 2nd on her own volition. What was their wording? They were "very confident" they would find her in the park, or something along those lines. :(

Sorry. I hate to be Debbie Downer, but it doesn't have to be anymore complicated than that. Creepy pedo grooms girl with stoner mother. Pays off mom to look the other way. Things get out of hand and then uh oh. Pretend nothing happened until the authorities get involved. Plan to run but wife resists. Kill her during an altercation. And only then did it become a desperate situation for KT where it overcame him and he ended his own life. I still think he was thinking of moving Relisha from the park. . but that didn't work out for him. Too bad, so sad for him.
Prison programs have ironed shirts, let you wear your watches, and sport wedding bands?

I would not be surprised if it was like you said and very straight forward. Broke mom with too many kids...pimps out 8 year old daughter for cash or drugs. The question becomes is KT the pedo or did he pimp her out yet again?

What do we know about this man's earlier life? Did he wake up one day and become a pedophile or did he never get caught? There was talk about other girls coming forward from the shelter, but the nature of their relationship with KT wasn't discussed.

Has anyone on the Tatum or Kelly side said anything in Tatum's defense...like someone else did it all because it was some kind of debt/beef? Anyone defending him besides Relisha's parent?

Has anyone on the Tatum or Kelly side said anything in Tatum's defense...like someone else did it all because it was some kind of debt/beef? Anyone defending him besides Relisha's parent?

I haven't heard of anyone from TAtums family speaking out, I'm not sure what family he has to be honest. X

Sydney Cameron ‏@Sydney8news 1h
Volunteers will help police continue search 4 #RelishaRudd 2day @ DC Park. Alleged abductor found dead there Mon. http://bit.ly/1fMyqeV

Prison programs have ironed shirts, let you wear your watches, and sport wedding bands?

I would not be surprised if it was like you said and very straight forward. Broke mom with too many kids...pimps out 8 year old daughter for cash or drugs. The question becomes is KT the pedo or did he pimp her out yet again?

What do we know about this man's earlier life? Did he wake up one day and become a pedophile or did he never get caught? There was talk about other girls coming forward from the shelter, but the nature of their relationship with KT wasn't discussed.

BBM They do actually allow those things in prison. They also get T.V.'s in their rooms, hot plates etc...You would be amazed at the things they allow prisoners to have. And to think, we pay for that! JMO

BBM They do actually allow those things in prison. They also get T.V.'s in their rooms, hot plates etc...You would be amazed at the things they allow prisoners to have. And to think, we pay for that! JMO

It is surprising what prisoners are allowed, also disgusting because they are quite comfortable imo.

ABC7News ‏@ABC7News 2m
Searchers expected to be at Kenilworth Park for the last time today as they search for clues in Relisha Rudd case.
http://wj.la/1jsq8xn

I've been so AWOL - we're renovating our 'new' home ourselves, and I'm not near internet most of the day (gotta fix that!).

But I don't think he sold Relisha. If he did, it seems that he would've taken the money and left town, rather than kill himself. Why sell her and then go kill yourself?

Part of me hopes that he did and that LE will find her and save her. But for some reason, it doesn't fit (although for the life of me I don't know where a janitor at a homeless shelter got the money for the things he had: a nice truck, nice clothes, electronics, phones, gifts/cash to give away, etc.).

I agree. I wonder if his $ was a different source. He seemed to have some contact with Relisha's Mother and Stepdad. It appears they have a drug habit. Just sayin........IMO. Good luck with your reno. Stressful but worth it when your done :seeya:

No worries. I jumped in on this one and haven't gone back to read the details like I should. I know she could as easily be in the river, but why would he go to the trouble of buying the things to bury a person? Guess he could have intended on burying the wife, but for some reason decided against it?

The stables came up because of the photos. He seems to give importance to the place. I would think she was somewhere he deemed important and/or familiar. I was only looking at Rock Creek because it was the closest to the Holiday Express Hotel where she was seen with him. But it would make sense not to be that one after seeing the rest of the photos as it was not a class act because the hay barn looks shabby and in need of paint.

The dead animal thing isn't a big deal other than the cruelty it could show. When there is a dead wife and a missing child, I don't overlook those small details when combing through the area.

The idea she went in and didn't come out alive from the hotel is possible, but they would have cadaver dogs there to verify it and would have every indication she died inside the room. I don't see a reason for LE to hide it.

My thought is they have her on video on the 1st and can see she was alive that day, but due to the nature of the video maybe they won't release the information.

Morning SS & everyone else :) :seeya:

Before yesterday's 4pm(ish) presser, we were discussing klt's (alleged) lime purchase. I posted links with the search results for three parameter for in-store items and online with potential in-store pick-up at the Rhode Avenue NE Home Depot (Store #2538 - IIRC, I'm mobile & haven't had any coffee yet, so I may be wrong about the store# :blushing: but I linked the location with a MSM post - so I am certain of the address at least) - I'll edit my post if necessary...

SouthSleuth chimed in that her husband would be able to explain lime completely.

Another WSer them brought up lye, stating s/he thought that's what was used for disposal of bodies (I HATE typing those words about Relisha :censored: ). I looked up research to show lime (Calcium Oxide) and lye (Potassium Hydroxide historically - sometimes used to refer to Sodium Hydroxide as well) aren't the same.

I asked SouthSleuth to please ask her him to break it down for us. My links make sense to me (AS in Chem, but that was a LONG time ago :facepalm: ). Other WSers posted on this, but it is *pages* back (behind the presser).

Tapatalk doesn't allow me to post WS site page links (or I haven't figured out how to do that myself :thud: ). Maybe after some :coffeews: I will give it a another go.

Hope this post makes sense.

Another fitful night of sleep, nightmares of Relisha, and scrambling awake after 4 hours of "rest" - relieved to see the words "AMBER ALERT" at the top of her thread! I believe LE is closing in on the adults who were charged with caring for Relisha and her siblings. It is time for action. Will those who know the truth, speak up and be a voice for Relisha? Or will they maintain silence - at all cost - even to the continued detriment of an 8 year old child who has been motherless for far longer than she has been missing?

:twocents:

Where are you, BabyGirl? We will NEVER give up! The search continues....

#FindRelisha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: I mentioned that Chief Lanier has yet to confirm the lime & I've personally never heard anything about lye. Someone else mentioned he might have even bought the wrong item.

Then the presser started & I don't think the subject was revisited.

When I first heard of the lime purchase IMO it was to mask odor. That had stuck from other cases. Such a vast area to search if there is a grave. Those purchases indicate a burial. Yet did he? I'm glad they are searching the water as well. He may have changed his mind. I don't know how deep one could dig given the recent and very cold winter.

Up until 2007, IIRC, it was only for violent offenses...and only upon conviction. But, his crimes were for larceny & possibly B&E and before 2007.

I guarantee you Tatum's DNA is on file. He did not get out of prison this last time without DNA taken before release.

MOO

Tatum didn't go to extremes to hide his vehicles, his wife or even himself. Whatever he has done with Relisha I pray for the same. Yet if he had done things to her.......:banghead:

I just checked 3 of the reporters twitter. No news. Not a tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje