DC DC - Relisha Tenau Rudd, 8, SE DC, 26 Feb 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries. I jumped in on this one and haven't gone back to read the details like I should. I know she could as easily be in the river, but why would he go to the trouble of buying the things to bury a person? Guess he could have intended on burying the wife, but for some reason decided against it?

The stables came up because of the photos. He seems to give importance to the place. I would think she was somewhere he deemed important and/or familiar. I was only looking at Rock Creek because it was the closest to the Holiday Express Hotel where she was seen with him. But it would make sense not to be that one after seeing the rest of the photos as it was not a class act because the hay barn looks shabby and in need of paint.

The dead animal thing isn't a big deal other than the cruelty it could show. When there is a dead wife and a missing child, I don't overlook those small details when combing through the area.

The idea she went in and didn't come out alive from the hotel is possible, but they would have cadaver dogs there to verify it and would have every indication she died inside the room. I don't see a reason for LE to hide it.

My thought is they have her on video on the 1st and can see she was alive that day, but due to the nature of the video maybe they won't release the information.

I wondered if he had bought the bags and lime to get rid of his wife's remains but LE found her body before he could complete his plans. I don't know if the times would work or not.

LE would probably have all the evidence of when Relisha went in and came out of the hotel rooms and who had occupied those rooms. When they released the wanted alert for Tatem, they assumed she was either with him or he did something to her. Was she seen in that last motel he was at?

I've been so AWOL - we're renovating our 'new' home ourselves, and I'm not near internet most of the day (gotta fix that!).

But I don't think he sold Relisha. If he did, it seems that he would've taken the money and left town, rather than kill himself. Why sell her and then go kill yourself?

Part of me hopes that he did and that LE will find her and save her. But for some reason, it doesn't fit (although for the life of me I don't know where a janitor at a homeless shelter got the money for the things he had: a nice truck, nice clothes, electronics, phones, gifts/cash to give away, etc.).

'Why sell her and then kill yourself'? Exactly. And a major reason I think little Relisha is no longer with us. :(

I'm with you there. That has really bugged me - as if they know something. My gut feeling is that she did not walk out of one of those hotels. Because --- I think if she had been verified to be elsewhere afterwards, then they would say so, so that folks could be on the lookout or be searching. Right?

I've seen the video played over and over again via JVM and NG and I wonder at what I am looking at. Tatum and Relisha walk away from the camera down the hall and then what looks like the second part or maybe they both just turn around they walk towards the camera and enter a room.

I'm not sure if they are lost just looking for the room to enter or both of them are entering and then leaving the hotel, tho the 'leaving part' is shown before them entering the room.

Otherwise where is the video of Tatum with or with out Relisha leaving the room?

'Why sell her and then kill yourself'? Exactly. And a major reason I think little Relisha is no longer with us. :(

But my question is, why kill Relisha, if you are going to kill yourself?
You don't need to kill the witness and you won't be going to jail for what you did to her anyways. Why not let her walk away?

I'm local, and one month ago the ground was still pretty frozen. One of my shephard's hooks came out of the ground and I wasn't able to make a new hole for it, even using my foot for added strength. In the past week I've been able to.

Weather March 2, 2014
This Afternoon:
Mostly Cloudy, Mild, Showers Likely
Highs: 47-53
Wind: NE 5-10 mph
Tonight:
Storm Warning, Wintry Mix of Sleet & Snow
Lows: 20-27
Snow: 90% Chance

http://www.wjla.com/blogs/weather/2...-for-heavy-snow-starts-late-sunday-21093.html

:tantrum: I'm up here on vacation for the Cherry Blossom Festival :tantrum: and so far one day of rain, one day of sleet and snow and now you are telling me winter mix of sleet and snow tonight :tantrum: Guess those trees won't be budding while I'm here durn it.

ABC7News ‏@ABC7News 2m
Searchers expected to be at Kenilworth Park for the last time today as they search for clues in Relisha Rudd case.
http://wj.la/1jsq8xn

What does that mean? If Relisha is there is LE admitting defeat in finding her and waiting six or seven years until some jogger finds remains (if he didn['t toss her in the river)? :banghead:

How will that impact what they can charge SY and cohorts with?

You don't need to kill the witness and you won't be going to jail for what you did to her anyways. Why not let her walk away?

I think he killed her to cover what he did. He went on with his life, continued to work etc. Once he realized that the school/cps etc were on to him he left work early...drove to Richmond and back (get a gun?). Then him, his wife and 3 or 4 other people went to a hotel in Oxon Hill, MD. Everyone left around 11:30pm except him and his wife. At around 6:30am his friend picked him up...only him. The wife was laying face down in the bed. Some time after that he was dropped off at a Metro...not stated he got on, just at. Never seen again although his debit card was used the next day. I believe shortly after that he killed himself.

JMO

What does that mean? If Relisha is there is LE admitting defeat in finding her and waiting six or seven years until some jogger finds remains (if he didn['t toss her in the river)? :banghead:

How will that impact what they can charge SY and cohorts with?

Re-evaluate the evidence etc. They may research certain areas again later imo.

:tantrum: I'm up here on vacation for the Cherry Blossom Festival :tantrum: and so far one day of rain, one day of sleet and snow and now you are telling me winter mix of sleet and snow tonight :tantrum: Guess those trees won't be budding while I'm here durn it.

That is from 3/2 ATL. :seeya:

Tatum didn't go to extremes to hide his vehicles, his wife or even himself. Whatever he has done with Relisha I pray for the same. Yet if he had done things to her.......:banghead:

Just the past day I have heard from the press or TV that Tatum also purchased a shovel. Why can't these news sources state what the man bought in it's entirety. First I heard industrial bags only! Then the bags and lime!! And now it's the bags, lime and shovel!!!

I still think he meant to hide Relisha and resume his life. I still think he purchased the lime as a caustic to mask what he had done to the child if she was recovered. Lime also heats up and perhaps accelerates decomposition. I think his wife put two and two together and realized Relisha was killed and freaked and Tatum killed her. At that point he panicked and probably realized there was no going back.

He left his dead wife for the world to find in a hotel room. Why go back to a park to move Relisha? Why hide her someplace else? IMO he went back to the park to relive the time he had had with the child. To be close to her before he killed himself.

Hope you enjoy your stay here... :seeya:

But I assure you there's no wintry mix tonight: it's quite warm here right now.

I've seen the video played over and over again via JVM and NG and I wonder at what I am looking at. Tatum and Relisha walk away from the camera down the hall and then what looks like the second part or maybe they both just turn around they walk towards the camera and enter a room.

I'm not sure if they are lost just looking for the room to enter or both of them are entering and then leaving the hotel, tho the 'leaving part' is shown before them entering the room.

Otherwise where is the video of Tatum with or with out Relisha leaving the room?

bbm

I think we're looking at two different camera angles: one camera is situated at one end of the hall, and the other one is at the other end of the hall. I think they're showing us both angles.

The picture of Relisha found in his apartment keeps bringing up very bad thoughts. Why would he have a picture? To send to someone? Passport? I assumed it was just a normal snapshot, but it could be worse. I just don't know any good reason he would have a photo of her lying around.

I don't think he sold her!
These pedophiles kill their victims!
This guy had no where to run and no where to hide
He killed his wife and kidnapped a child that. LE will eventually
Find deceased and raped! These things should not be happening
I'm very glad he's dead and I hope they find this beautiful child
Jmo

I think he either killed her by accident (I mean, she's only 8.... :cry:... and who knows what he was doing to her). Or he killed her because he knew she would tell and he couldn't take that chance.

Then when the padoody hit the fan, he killed his wife so she wouldn't tell, probably wanted to run, but in the end realized it was futile - and killed himself.

Morning SS & everyone else :) :seeya:

Before yesterday's 4pm(ish) presser, we were discussing klt's (alleged) lime purchase. I posted links with the search results for three parameter for in-store items and online with potential in-store pick-up at the Rhode Avenue NE Home Depot (Store #2538 - IIRC, I'm mobile & haven't had any coffee yet, so I may be wrong about the store# :blushing: but I linked the location with a MSM post - so I am certain of the address at least) - I'll edit my post if necessary...

SouthSleuth chimed in that her husband would be able to explain lime completely.

Another WSer them brought up lye, stating s/he thought that's what was used for disposal of bodies (I HATE typing those words about Relisha :censored: ). I looked up research to show lime (Calcium Oxide) and lye (Potassium Hydroxide historically - sometimes used to refer to Sodium Hydroxide as well) aren't the same.

I asked SouthSleuth to please ask her him to break it down for us. My links make sense to me (AS in Chem, but that was a LONG time ago :facepalm: ). Other WSers posted on this, but it is *pages* back (behind the presser).

Tapatalk doesn't allow me to post WS site page links (or I haven't figured out how to do that myself :thud: ). Maybe after some :coffeews: I will give it a another go.

Hope this post makes sense.

Another fitful night of sleep, nightmares of Relisha, and scrambling awake after 4 hours of "rest" - relieved to see the words "AMBER ALERT" at the top of her thread! I believe LE is closing in on the adults who were charged with caring for Relisha and her siblings. It is time for action. Will those who know the truth, speak up and be a voice for Relisha? Or will they maintain silence - at all cost - even to the continued detriment of an 8 year old child who has been motherless for far longer than she has been missing?

:twocents:

Where are you, BabyGirl? We will NEVER give up! The search continues....

#FindRelisha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ETA: I mentioned that Chief Lanier has yet to confirm the lime & I've personally never heard anything about lye. Someone else mentioned he might have even bought the wrong item.

Then the presser started & I don't think the subject was revisited.

I forgot to ask him last night about the chemical breakdown of lime. I just called him and asked him figure it out in re: this case. It'll be tonight when I get home before I can get an answer.
:seeya:

Prison programs have ironed shirts, let you wear your watches, and sport wedding bands?

I would not be surprised if it was like you said and very straight forward. Broke mom with too many kids...pimps out 8 year old daughter for cash or drugs. The question becomes is KT the pedo or did he pimp her out yet again?

What do we know about this man's earlier life? Did he wake up one day and become a pedophile or did he never get caught? There was talk about other girls coming forward from the shelter, but the nature of their relationship with KT wasn't discussed.

Yes, prison programs let you wear your watch and a ring provided it is a wedding band. No other type of ring is allowed. It also cannot be an expensive watch.

The work release inmates or inmates involved in a work related program do have their clothing ironed. You do not get to be in a program such as Tatum was without attaining a Trusty status.

*Tatum probably buffed the foors/hallways in the prison which is why S was so impressed with his buffing, LOL!

MOO

I don't think Tatum had plays to commit suicide when he killed Relisha. IMO he killed the child because what he had done to the child would be found out. I don't know if he had left marks and/or the child was traumatized. I believe he had plans to return to his old life and start in on another little girl but his wife must have caused those plans to become an impossibility. Did she threaten to expose him? The result was a panic killing, shooting her in a motel room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PixelP