DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think police will be looking for someone with form for burglary, and or, robbery who has spent time in prison for those crimes, is perhaps on parole now and who had some connection to the family. Oh, and who doesn't own a car, and either lives near where he torched the car, or would be able to access his suburb by metro from that spot.

I think it's safe to say the mother is not a suspect, since it's very unlikely she drove the car to a car park and torched it then got herself home only to die in a firey inferno .. Also there is video of the housekeeper and she is not the physical shape of the person seen in CCTV footage running with the bucket.

Police have not cleared anyone nor have they given specifics as to the injuries any of them suffered. It is not true that police have said SS suffered blunt force trauma to the head. They also have said one of the victims smelled of gasoline.

JMO
At least three of the victims suffered stab wounds or blunt-force trauma, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. They were injured before the fire was set on Thursday.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trendi...strangely-they-were-murdered-housekeeper-says

Police have not cleared anyone nor have they given specifics as to the injuries any of them suffered. It is not true that police have said SS suffered blunt force trauma to the head. They also have said one of the victims smelled of gasoline.

JMO
At least three of the victims suffered stab wounds or blunt-force trauma, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier said. They were injured before the fire was set on Thursday.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/trendi...strangely-they-were-murdered-housekeeper-says

Neither the mother nor the housekeeper were the person running with the bucket. The person is most likely male, young and rather fit.

Back to the landscaping crew...remember the guy who said his brother was on the crew and he hadn't been able to get in touch with him so he sat outside SS's house all day? It would be helpful to have a description of his brother.

I missed this info about the brother/landscaping crew. Do you have a link?

I think police will be looking for someone with form for burglary, and or, robbery who has spent time in prison for those crimes, is perhaps on parole now and who had some connection to the family. Oh, and who doesn't own a car, and either lives near where he torched the car, or would be able to access his suburb by metro from that spot.

That profile might fit someone who took the car and torched it but it doesn't fit the profile of someone who was able to gain unforced entry to the home. I think most homes in that price range have security systems. This crime smacks of a personal/vengeful nature.

Neither the mother nor the housekeeper were the person running with the bucket. The person is most likely male, young and rather fit.

I agree.
The video of the guy running with the bucket who LE think is involved with this crime pretty much outrules any possibility of murder/suicide IMO.
I dont think he resemebles anyone who was found dead in that home based solely on age and sex of the victims.

I don't want to jump to any conclusions. It's just that I was struck by the El Salvador connection, and the fact that MS-13 is not only prevalent in the area where the car was found, but also notorious for violent--and often senseless--acts of aggression.

I can't rule out the gang angle with any factual evidence. But I still think this was immensely personal.

It appears that this is a highly patrolled area with security guards, alarm systems and surveillance cameras, but it seems there was no way for this family to actually alert anyone as to what was happening to them. :(

Did anyone see the article that mentions a clean-up crew was coming? I read it either on here or somewhere and assumed it was for their yard, not the regular grass-cutting crew. Even so, we are in a HOA and have a regular landscaping crew each week and some are Hispanic and some are black and they just go around on their own with their trimmers, hedge-cutters etc. Nonone pays attention to the other at all. When we had our home with the landscape crew they just stayed in the yard. Could one of them have used the ruse of having to use the restroom? That's a possibility and then signaled another one to come in. Reason being. why could this guy, who talked to one of the news stations not get hold of his brother on the crew all day?! THAT is bothersome.

She was scheduled that week to work 3 days at the martial arts studio in preparation of an opening. That was a schedule change and part of the change was that she was not working for the family on Thursday. This is posted in news article links up-thread.

perhaps the reporter assumed NG referred to working at the studio for 3 days instead of the home on Thursday when actually she was saying he asked her to work Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday in addition to Thursday which is her regularly scheduled day to work at their home. it would make sense he didn't ask her to work the studio Thursday as he knew she was scheduled at his home.

perhaps the reporter got it wrong

Could Vera have had a wayward son or daughter with affiliates?

I'm not sure of your point because the person running with the bucket also isn't the father. It's a POI in the taking of the Porche. For all we know, the car may have been left on the street with the keys in the ignition.

JMO

D.C. police said Saturday night that they are seeking a person of interest in the deaths of four people in a house in an upscale neighborhood in Northwest Washington.

Police said the individual may have been operating a Porsche automobile linked to the house.

They also provided video footage that appeared to show a man wearing a hoodie moving rapidly behind a building.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...30-b4732caefe81_story.html?tid=pm_local_pop_b

Maybe it was the package that was brought to the house by SS's assistant. He could have asked the assistant to drop off a large quantity of cash...

ETA: Oops, I meant to reply to the post asking what SS could have given the perps on Thursday afternoon.

It appears that this is a highly patrolled area with security guards, alarm systems and surveillance cameras, but it seems there was no way for this family to actually alert anyone as to what was happening to them. :(

I think the guy may have walked right up to the home and walked right in. If the front door was left unlocked, he may have been able to walk right in.

Or I read some post earlier where it was reported an aggressive vacuum cleaner salesman was in the area. Could that have been the perp? Like who even sells vacuum cleaners door-to-door anymore?

That sounds like a fake "line" from some burglar approaching homes at random and knocking on their doors to try to rob them.
Could it be possible that was the perp and he just hit this house at random?

If someone knows where the link is that had the report about the vacuum cleaner salesman report, I would like to read about that.
I havent heard of any legitimate door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman since 20-30 years ago.

Latest reporting from NBC4

Footage is from La Fountain Bleu
Bloodhounds deployed to that area
Suspect must have had familiarity with spot he selected to torch car
Two surveillance cameras at house, nothing useful
Reference again to something "SS" gave up, which caused the ordeal to end
Ordeal began Wednesday afternoon and ended Thursday afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online