DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
just fyi if anyone here is affected:

abc news ‏@abc [video=twitter;606571886001176577]https://twitter.com/abc/status/606571886001176577[/video]
breaking: 4,000,000 current, former us federal employees to be notified that personal info may be compromised after hack, gov't agencies say

damn!

It was wording which I now, having re-evaluated, does not mean what I thought it did! The "other employee" is the only one other than JW, but my confusion results from the shift in subject identifiers from "other employee" to "employee's pockets,: so that I saw double. Should have hesitated and re-read.
BUT in any case, the CD and the WAPO article are still not in sync as to what JW claims happened in his second version of the story. Now, WAPO could have its sources. Still, based on the passages concerning JW's first and then second story, I think what WAPO contends is based squarely on the CD we have read here.
According to THAT, JW never claimed to put the red bag into the manila envelope and leave the two in the car and he never claimed that ANY employee directly handed him the red bag. Rather, it seems he admitted he was the owner and originator of the red bag and that an employee transferred cash from his pockets to that red bag. Same employee all the way through.
Good catch of what I thought was my good catch.

And lots of people (me) are inclined to want to help and we answer questions without thinking we're under suspicion. It may not be wise, but it's not stupid. It's human nature to want to help with any information.

If you're innocent, why would clamming up and calling for lawyer be the first thing you should do? This is not a rhetorical question. Will a lawyer tell us? Would a lawyer ever tell someone who's innocent to cooperate with police and tell them everything they know without a lawyer being present?

I will never, ever understand innocent people doing that. Lying to police is never smart as he knows now, but not talking and asking for a lawyer indicates guilt more than lying, in my opinion. Who knows, maybe he slipped a bill out of the stack and was trying to hide that by lying?

I'm pretty sure police are used to people lying to them. It's not unusual, and it's a huge waste of time and resources, but it's not always indicative of guilt related to the crime for which their being interviewed.

If they weren't suspecting me at the time, I'd be terrified of now causing them to look at me cockeyed after invoking lawyer. I also dread making anybody mad at me, certainly not anybody in law enforcement - I want those guys on my side!

The police in an investigation are NOT your friends. Do not ever talk to the police. I would not, and I wish more innocent people would follow this advice. Even my LE officer friends tell friends not to submit to questioning under any circumstance. Here is a video explaining why people who know, do not talk to the police.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Questions I have:

What was JW doing between the time he got the money (9 a.m.?) and when it was delivered (10:30??)
Would it take 90 minutes to drive from the bank to SS's house?
What kind of car did JW drive to deliver the money?
Did he drive that same car to Lowe's and the dojo?

I think he was driving his own BMW.

It has been said that it could easily take an hour to drive from the bank to the home in DC. I used to have a similar errand/assistant job. When I had to go pick up and deliver something, I used to routinely stop and get an iced coffee or something for myself. I admittedly took my own sweet time unless it was some total emergency deadline thing. So I don't think the 9 to 10:30 thing is all that suspicious. JMO

I would imagine JW's BMW was impounded and towed to a LE storage yard until the SW was obtained and the car could be searched.

JMO

The SW was obtained on the 15th, and not executed until the 21st. So they had their hands BUSY doing other important things. They must not have felt that was a priority???? Just guessing, I have no idea.

But the SW also clearly states the car was recovered approximately 1 block away on the 14th.

but that's not what it says. The CD says W3 said that they saw the Porsche on NY Ave around 1:30.

It's a 17 minute ride( no traffic) from the home to ny ave It probably took a bit for the fire to be visible to the outside world, iirc it was called in at 1:24. So the car being seen on ny ave (no matter were) after the fire was reported makes sense to me. jmo idk

I drive back and forth from Md to Va and I can tell you it is a beast to even drive around DC much less in DC. But I will say that at 1:30 ish would be on the light side compared to morning or evening rush. In fact I am waiting on word to whether we are leaving tonite or tomorrow to make the trip.

Just fyi if anyone here is affected:

ABC News ‏@ABC [video=twitter;606571886001176577]https://twitter.com/ABC/status/606571886001176577[/video]
BREAKING: 4,000,000 current, former US federal employees to be notified that personal info may be compromised after hack, gov't agencies say

Thats not good.

It was wording which I now, having re-evaluated, does not mean what I thought it did! The "other employee" is the only one other than JW, but my confusion results from the shift in subject identifiers from "other employee" to "employee's pockets,: so that I saw double. Should have hesitated and re-read.
BUT in any case, the CD and the WAPO article are still not in sync as to what JW claims happened in his second version of the story. Now, WAPO could have its sources. Still, based on the passages concerning JW's first and then second story, I think what WAPO contends is based squarely on the CD we have read here.
According to THAT, JW never claimed to put the red bag into the manila envelope and leave the two in the car and he never claimed that ANY employee directly handed him the red bag. Rather, it seems he admitted he was the owner and originator of the red bag and that an employee transferred cash from his pockets to that red bag. Same employee all the way through.
Good catch of what I thought was my good catch.

That may be true. But he never said he took the money out of the red bag and put it in the Manilla envelope. IMO, if he had, that would have been stated.

If it was a block away, is it possible LE towed any cars that might have been in the way of fighting the fire? That would make sense that they would have the car in their possession without a warrant on the 14th.

I think that is very possible. Permits are needed to park on those streets.

The police in an investigation are NOT your friends. Do not ever talk to the police. I would not, and I wish more innocent people would follow this advice. Even my LE officer friends tell friends not to submit to questioning under any circumstance. Here is a video explaining why people who know, do not talk to the police.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Absolutely agree. And my Dad was LE 32 years. :)

It's a 17 minute ride( no traffic) from the home to ny ave It probably took a bit for the fire to be visible to the outside world, iirc it was called in at 1:24. So the car being seen on ny ave (no matter were) after the fire was reported makes sense to me. jmo idk

I drive back and forth from Md to Va and I can tell you it is a beast to even drive around DC much less in DC. But I will say that at 1:30 ish would be on the light side compared to morning or evening rush. In fact I am waiting on word to whether we are leaving tonite or tomorrow to make the trip.

I'm from the area. I know it very well.

W- I stated what aclually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee,s
pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- l. W- I then drove to Mr. Savopoulos, house
and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.

I believe the CDocs are referring to the AIW employee as "the other employee" to differentiate him from JW, who is an employee. I have read this to mean that the AIW employee removed the bundles of money from his (the AIW employee's) pockets and placed them in the red bag that belonged to JW.
W-1 stated what actually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee's
pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W-1.

In My opinion, all of this 'old' info that is now being revealed, just shows how they cleared JW. They initially thought he was involved, they pinged his cell, investigated his travels and communications, searched his car, interviewed his girlfriend and co workers, and he is still walking free.

So you think the people that were with Wint and who took the blood money have been cleared since they're still walking free?

Is that possible if the SW wasn't issued until the 15th?

ETA: Nevermind. I see that they did take the BMW on May 14th
Actually, it says they "recovered" the BMW. That just means "Found." It does not say they took possession of it on that date.

Where the home is located and the vehicle (porsche) was seen on ny ave heading north it was seen driving away from the scene, what ever time it was. jmo idk

That is true, in that it was not being driven toward the scene. However, seeing it on New York Avenue is not the same thing as seeing it driven on 32nd Street, Garfield or Reno/34th, which are all near the SS home.

Wolf Blitzer, just now on CNN, saying they have ' new information' on the 'mansion murders'....

I am waiting to hear, but I bet it is old news already

I think the only reason we aren't sleuthing those other people is because we don't know who they are. I wonder why LE put out JW's name but not the others.

Actually, it says they "recovered" the BMW. That just means "Found." It does not say they took possession of it on that date.

IMO, recovered and found are not the same thing.

I think the only reason we aren't sleuthing those other people is because we don't know who they are. I wonder why LE put out JW's name but not the others.

LE didn't put out his name. He is called W1.

Honestly anything seems possible, LOL
The wording is very confusing and gets more so every time I look at it

But, I was sure I read that there were two employees at the bank and W1... wrong??

It is confusing! :) W1/JW is an employee, therefore the other employee is the AIW employee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper