DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has stated in search warrants and charging documents that they believe more than one person besides Wint was involved. That is a fact contained in those legal documents and not just Garrett's opinion.

Garrett gave an explanation of why those people weren't arrested. He said LE often finds it more helpful if they don't take them into custody and instead watch them closely. He also doubted the $40,000 was the only motive and mentioned a hired hit. I value the professional opinion of a 30-year FBI agent.

JMO

Brad Garrett stated there is no way DW COULD have done this alone. I'm saying he's wrong, that DW COULD very well have done this alone.

Yes. Soon after this began on Wed DW has SS calling to arrange for money ASAP. Then the pizza delivery, calling NG to keep her away. A hit man could have beat them all to death by 8pm then leave in the dark no calls, no pizza , no flurry of calls Thursday.
DW wanted money

Well no, the flurry of phone calls didn't start until the next morning. The only thing that night was a text to JW about picking up a package.

I realize there are strong feelings on both sides of the "is JW involved” debate, and please forgive me for revisiting this, but IMO there is no way SS would have involved JW in any part of his financial dealings at all, not even with the dojo. SS was a savvy, smart, experienced man running a multimillion (billion??) dollar company. He may, for a time, have had JW do little odds and ends type errands, but someone with the wherewithal and professionalism of SS would not legitimately ask him to do anything of the sort that JW is claiming regarding the money. I don't trust or believe a thing of JW's version of their relationship or of his version of the events of those days. As far as hired hit, maybe JW did the hiring? The 20/20 show made mention of the fact that JW doesn't have a record. Neither did Jodi Arias.

BBB. I totally agree. I think more arrests are right around the corner.

JMO

I realize there are strong feelings on both sides of the "is JW involved” debate, and please forgive me for revisiting this, but IMO there is no way SS would have involved JW in any part of his financial dealings at all, not even with the dojo. SS was a savvy, smart, experienced man running a multimillion (billion??) dollar company. He may, for a time, have had JW do little odds and ends type errands, but someone with the wherewithal and professionalism of SS would not legitimately ask him to do anything of the sort that JW is claiming regarding the money. I don't trust or believe a thing of JW's version of their relationship or of his version of the events of those days. As far as hired hit, maybe JW did the hiring? The 20/20 show made mention of the fact that JW doesn't have a record. Neither did Jodi Arias.

Do you think anybody that knew him would have left that money in the car in his garage? That is why I think he had JW do it.

Possible. But honestly, it's the system. Look at the guy this week who stabbed (almost to death) the young girl in a Target. Savage. Have you seen that guys rap sheet??? [emoji33] it is criminal in itself that some criminals are out walking around. Trust me, you can rob a bank at noon and be out by dinner where I live.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And sometimes it seems as though nonviolent bank robbers get harsher sentences than violent sadistic repeat offenders. :/ Not defending bank robbers, just the comparison of violence. Violent anybodies need to be put away for a long, long time in order to protect the public.

The End.

Yes. Soon after this began on Wed DW has SS calling to arrange for money ASAP. Then the pizza delivery, calling NG to keep her away. A hit man could have beat them all to death by 8pm then leave in the dark no calls, no pizza , no flurry of calls Thursday.
DW wanted money

Who is going to hire DW as a hitman anyway? He sounds like a loose cannon. Per the show, had a hair trigger temper.
Who wants that in a hitman?

Brad Garrett stated there is no way DW COULD have done this alone. I'm saying he's wrong, that DW COULD very well have done this alone.

LE have stated repeatedly in court documents that DW didn't act alone. I do believe LE knows the evidence that forms the basis of their conclusion.

JMO

So they claimed on the show. I find that hard to believe, it doesn't make sense.

I agree. News reports have been consistent with all three adults being found duct taped to chairs when found.

NG says the voice mail telling her not to come to work on Thursday saved her life. But she had already made arrangements with SS to work at the dojo on Friday instead of at the house on Thursday.

Drama. Makes a great soundbite.

But, if you wanted to wipe out a family and exact revenge without any of it coming back to you, DW is the guy for the job. He is a loose cannon with his own grudge. He will make the victims and the survivors suffer. And, if he doesn't screw up and somehow gets away, then someone else will take him out. No one will wonder how he ends up dead on the streets of DC. He will just be another dead guy in PG County or NE DC. If he gets arrested, no one will believe him because of his violent crimminal history. JMO.

Because he is a loose cannon, chances are, he would screw up (and he did, with his DNA left on the pizza). So why would somebody hire him? How would that somebody know DW isn't going to give him/her up? Nobody would believe him? If he started talking to the police about somebody hiring him, you don't think they would be all ears?

Do you think anybody that knew him would have left that money in the car in his garage? That is why I think he had JW do it.

That's a good point, but isn't is just JW saying that's where he was told to leave the package, or was there a text or VM as irrefutable proof that SS gave those specific instructions about leaving the money in the red car in garage?

Well no, the flurry of phone calls didn't start until the next morning. The only thing that night was a text to JW about picking up a package.

I wasn't very clear....a hit would be done fairly quickly and with NO phone calls. If a hit there would be IMO: no call Wednesday. No pizza. No message left to NG. No spending the night. No calls to AIW, accountant, sister, bank manager or JW.
A hitman would come in, do his business and leave during the night. All of these communications were very risky. DW was willing to risk staying in the home because he wanted money

So they claimed on the show. I find that hard to believe, it doesn't make sense.

I think after the poor man's head was used for batting practice, there really wasn't a need to restrain him but that's just my opinion.

and calling NG asking her to call VF's family members.

Maybe DW hung around to torture the family and the money was just a bonus to him. Maybe he is just a sick#### who gets pleasure out of controlling and inflicting pain and suffering. Maybe he got a thrill out of giving SS a false sense of security...knowing all along that he would not let any of them live. I think setting PS, the family and the gorgeous home ablaze was just the cherry on top for this vengeful horror of a person.

You can add to that, why did he call AS and not SS? I doubt he was intimate with the wife. There is a record of his call to AS but no mention of attempts to contact his boss, who's house was on fire. Even if AIW people who contacted him had said we can't reach SS, why didn't he try to do the same? JW has proven to be somewhat of a flake but jees, he doesn't even behave normal in a panic situation.

I'm late on this reply but he probably assumed SS was not at home, since presumably if he were, he would have taken the money from JW personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because he is a loose cannon, chances are, he would screw up (and he did, with his DNA left on the pizza). So why would somebody hire him? How would that somebody know DW isn't going to give him/her up? Nobody would believe him? If he started talking to the police about somebody hiring him, you don't think they would be all ears?

Someone would hire him because they wanted SS dead. DW did accomplish that goal. If he was hired, it may not have been directly.

JMO

I wasn't very clear....a hit would be done fairly quickly and with NO phone calls. If a hit there would be IMO: no call Wednesday. No pizza. No message left to NG. No spending the night. No calls to AIW, accountant, sister, bank manager or JW.
A hitman would come in, do his business and leave during the night. All of these communications were very risky. DW was willing to risk staying in the home because he wanted money
Gotcha. I am thinking a hit more like... not a professional... lol obviously. But as has been stated, a personal vendetta of sorts. I have ideas in my head but they can't be discussed so I'll just have to wait on LE and the GJ I guess.

I think after the poor man's head was used for batting practice, there really wasn't a need to restrain him but that's just my opinion.

He was alive well into Thursday. So I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member