DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone would hire him because they wanted SS dead. DW did accomplish that goal. If he was hired, it may not have been directly.

JMO
Very likely that there is no direct link...if he was hired.

and calling NG asking her to call VF's family members.

Maybe DW hung around to torture the family and the money was just a bonus to him. Maybe he is just a sick#### who gets pleasure out of controlling and inflicting pain and suffering. Maybe he got a thrill out of giving SS a false sense of security...knowing all along that he would not let any of them live. I think setting PS, the family and the gorgeous home ablaze was just the cherry on top for this vengeful horror of a person.

The call to NG asking her to contact Vera's family makes absolutely no sense. Vera's husband has said he started calling her phone at 5 PM on Wednesday and she wasn't answering. Yet, when he went to the house on Thursday, SS phoned him and told him Vera had spent the night and all was okay. That begs the question as to how he would know SS' voice or was it someone posing as SS.

JMO

So little of this case makes sense. It is horrible and senseless all around.

Or why NG never called Vera's husband when she did get the message.

LE has stated in search warrants and charging documents that they believe more than one person besides Wint was involved. That is a fact contained in those legal documents and not just Garrett's opinion.

Garrett gave an explanation of why those people weren't arrested. He said LE often finds it more helpful if they don't take them into custody and instead watch them closely. He also doubted the $40,000 was the only motive and mentioned a hired hit. I value the professional opinion of a 30-year FBI agent.

JMO

Take them in on lesser charges and they lawyer up and shut up. Also, might get bail. Compromises case to arrest, release, arrest again. More leverage to deal when make the most serious charges. Reasonable that investigators waiting for loot to surface, tests, working overtime with the bits and pieces, from receipts to bank bands to fibers and hair, to connect the dots.
I do value Garrett's opinion (any veteran FBI with a solid background in working homicides) and, although I don't think DW himself can reflect, even on his own simmering anger long enough to control his actions or to plan, he could have been engaged sub-contracted.
Following through on a hit theory, can we attempt a badly educated guess about WHY and WHO? I don't mean a name, or one of the actual cast members, but genus as in biz rival, angry neighbor, online crazy...oh, and why now?
No floating dumb theories or creating false buzz about the victims.
What class of person for what reason wants to torture and then kill ANY prominent CEO with any passionate avocation (could be golfing), a measure of wealth, a happy life, popular and well respected...We'd assume a secretary or gardener is collateral damage.
And the CEO's beloved college-aged son is home for the weekend and gets the brunt of the attack.

Amateur hit is tough because the range of motives can be tremendous. A total nut-cake can hold a delusional grudge against a 90 year ld woman she thinks her husband is plotting to leave her for OR a cold fish can rape pillage and plunder to lay hands on a deed to a rich farmer's land.

I do have to say, if this was not about money why wait for the 40k to put in motion the denouement. Was the 40 k just icing on the cake?

Very likely that there is no direct link...if he was hired.

I agree. There was a murder years ago of a woman in Cali. She was literally murdered while police were at her front door. The killer left out the back door and took some jewelry but it took cops a long time to tie her millionaire husband to hiring the hit.

JMO

He was alive well into Thursday. So I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

Yes but there were also phone calls to make and perhaps a safe to open so how could he do that restrained? I think he was knocked out with the ball bat and that was it. No restraints needed after that.

JMO

Brad Garrett stated there is no way DW COULD have done this alone. I'm saying he's wrong, that DW COULD very well have done this alone.

Not impressed with Brad Garrett. But FBI "agents" do many things. Maybe he was in charge of the office copier. JMO but I think sociopath DW acted alone. No real plan. Desperate. Alcoholic. Living with his parents. No job. Full of rage. Outsider. And does he ever blame SS for starting this spiral! Also no hit man stays 19 hours with their victims. In saying all this I am still befuddled over who drove the Porche. Maybe it was another man in another Porche someone saw. And SS being restrained. I read he was, and he probably was at least most of the time. Ironic opening a dojo and dying that way with SS' 20 years of expertise. The fact that DW always told people he was good with knives and always seemed to have all sizes of them, makes me think he was somewhat trying to assimilate SS and his life. Obsessed.

Good to see Ryan Smith again after whatever prompted HLN's upheaval. Still don't understand what they (HLN execs) were thinking...

I agree. I love Ryan. I don't know what HLN was thinking . I cannot watch HLN during the day anymore. Those viral video stupid shows are mindless drivel. It is ridiculous.

At least three more new details did come out in that 20/20 special. SS, AS and PS took a sabbatical and lived in the Virgin Islands for a year...while the girls stayed in the US at boarding schools. We also learned they had a private jet and a yacht.

Okay, let's say it was a hit. I again go back to what's "logical" (in my head anyway [emoji66]) What are the odds, the sheer odds that someone put a hit on this family and the hit man they hired is a guy who A) knows the victim and B) used to work at his company years prior? I've seen the movie 6 Degrees of Separation but how would DW know anyone that SS knows??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's not quite 10 pm here so 20/20 isn't on yet. I feel like I'm living in the future since most have already seen it! [emoji290]

A little off topic in this thread but a couple threads ago, a video posted about a burglary in San Jose California last month. My comments at the time related to how people are generally "selected" and not random such as the Savopoulos' murders. Here's a follow up to that "burglary".........not so random after all. Again opportunists......ALL DAY LONG.

http://www.ktvu.com/story/29307095/bizarre-twist-to-san-jose-home-invasion-robbery

At least three more new details did come out in that 20/20 special. SS, AS and PS took a sabbatical and lived in the Virgin Islands for a year...while the girls stayed in the US at boarding schools. We also learned they had a private jet and a yacht.

That's not new. I was reading about them living in Virgin Island a while back.

Okay, let's say it was a hit. I again go back to what's "logical" (in my head anyway [emoji66]) What are the odds, the sheer odds that someone put a hit on this family and the hit man they hired is a guy who A) knows the victim and B) used to work at his company years prior? I've seen the movie 6 Degrees of Separation but how would DW know anyone that SS knows??

Someone who held a long term grudge who also worked at AIW or held some type of interest in AIW between 2003 and 2005, maybe? This could be a vendetta against the patriarch, PSS.

I had read about the VI year adventure. I had not heard about the plane and yacht - this family truly lived a fabulous life, enjoying their hard work...and helping others.

No one ever deserves to be murdered. But it truly seems like this family was living out their dream while not forgetting to give back. Some good people gone way too soon!

This is a story that was thrown out at the very beginning of all of this. And having followed many "breaking stories" as they happen (like many of you of course!) it seems like the very first things we hear often turn out to be the most accurate. Then the story takes off and all sorts of things get thrown around in the media...and then later, when the real story comes out - it often resembles those first few details. Not sure if anyone else has ever noticed this...

But this hired hit theory is very interesting to me. Not sure what it would be about...as it seemed the family was much loved...but people have strange reasons for doing things.

IMO - and many have noted the same thing - this is a very personal crime. This is not a robbery gone bad. This is not just some angry guy coming upon some family that he wants to get money from.

I think that is true that sometimes the very first 'theory' thrown out there is the one that ends up being accurate.

But my question is, who wanted a hit on the family? I have heard rumors about anger towards Phillip Senior, and two possible enemies. One involves estranged family members, who were sent away from the family when they were children. This seems like a longshot but it could be that there is some intense anger there. ?

But the other one involves the longstanding and vitriolic lawsuit against Phillip SR over AIW and partnerships that were dissolved? I don't know if I have that right. We are not supposed to sleuth it, but just bringing it up because of the statement tonight by the FBI concerning a possible hit.

If they just wanted to hit SS they could have done that many times, without taking out the other three. But the 10 yr old? That is really unusually brutal and uncalled for. Is it really because Wint is a sadistic monster? Or did someone hire the monster and tell him to take them all out?

Someone who held a long term grudge who also worked at AIW or held an interest in AIW between 2003 and 2005, maybe? This could be a vendetta against the patriarch, PSS.

Hmmmm, you make a good point. There's a nexus somewhere. So it could be possible DW knows someone else who was recently fired from AIW or maybe more than person fired. In my mind, it would have to be recent. No one was OCD in that plan.......quite the opposite. There were way too many parts moving. They are impulsive people and if it were by others who worked at AIW, the "wrong" they perceived was recent and not distant past. These fools probably couldn't tell you what they had for breakfast. It's a way of life for DW.....not a moment in his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members