DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wondered if maybe, SS was franticly negotiating with DW, and trying to hold him off by promising him more. Maybe he tried to reach JW to ask him to go and ' pick up my gold rolex' from my desk in my office. Or something like that. And it might have been a lie even, but would be done just to gain time and perhaps make others question what is going on?

I do have to say that the one thing that makes me the most suspicious of JW is the fact that he did not answer that call from SS. If I had just dropped off 40 k in a garage, I would have been on pins and needles waiting for my boss's confirmation that he got it.

You can add to that, why did he call AS and not SS? I doubt he was intimate with the wife. There is a record of his call to AS but no mention of attempts to contact his boss, who's house was on fire. Even if AIW people who contacted him had said we can't reach SS, why didn't he try to do the same? JW has proven to be somewhat of a flake but jees, he doesn't even behave normal in a panic situation.

Clear some facts are being withheld on purpose and I would think investigators have told anyone speaking to press what they want left out.

What I'd like to know: Why would SS call JW at 11:54 am. shortly before the fire likely set? What could JW do for him now?

Was there some occurrence or phone contact that spooked the killers out of the house suddenly--made them leave hastily hoping to cover tracks by dousing mattress and a person with gasoline and tossing matches? Fearing discovery might explain their leaving behind valuables.

If SS did call JW, was it part of an effort to get assailant/s more money? JW could only deliver, no authority to do the banking part or approval, but IF SS was still trying to pay for the victims' survival, then he might have wanted JW to pick something up and deliver or to check and be sure of his whereabouts should he be able to raise more.

JW did not pick up the call according to news reports.

Coincidentally, soon after call made, all heck breaks loose and JW is out of Lowe's and on his way to the mansion.

I really enjoy all your insights. and always look forward to your posts!

I to have wondered about this last call from SS to JW? JW drops money off at 10:30, it would have taken him a little over an hour to get to Chantilly (not sure) so I'm assuming he went straight to Lowe's, arriving roughly 11:30 - 11:40, SS calls at 11:54 and it goes straight to VM (no reception) JW doesn't return call.

DW gets the cash drop at 10:30, SS calls JW at 11:54, what was going on in the home for that 80min period? and what did SS think JW could do for him? There must have been something else that JW could have picked up that DW would have wanted? and was willing to spend more time at the home, since JW would have had to drive all the way back! (another
hour or more)

An hour 1/2 later... fire department arrives? I don't think we'll ever know!

http://abc.go.com/watch-live

Check to see if streaming in your area for above link

Yidio (but don't know much about it)

Youtube (but might be put up later)

Hulu? You can do a free trial if it has live/streaming 20/20

Shall we keep a running tally of all the mistakes we hear in this 20/20 special? (Based on the very few official LE comments and the Charging Docs and Search Warrants.)

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it! Better get the Excedrin out! LOL

You've made so many of us laugh and laugh while we plan our nightly meals, lol!

*excuse me for drooling*

:loveyou: :winner:

ETA: Hmm, TexMex's pictures quote is missing from here :/ :gah:

DW is not that deep. I don't think he's the kind of person who sat around harboring hate or blame. He's a typical opportunistic criminal and prisons are full of them.

He harbored enough hatred to lie in wait and ambush/attack/stab in the neck the same man he failed to kill the first time he ambushed/attacked/stabbed multiple times.

He stews.

I to have wondered about this last call from SS to JW? JW drops money off at 10:30, it would have taken him a little over an hour to get to Chantilly (not sure) so I'm assuming he went straight to Lowe's, arriving roughly 11:30 - 11:40, SS calls at 11:54 and it goes straight to VM (no reception) JW doesn't return call.

DW gets the cash drop at 10:30, SS calls JW at 11:54, what was going on in the home for that 80min period? and what did SS think JW could do for him? There must have been something else that JW could have picked up that DW would have wanted? and was willing to spend more time at the home, since JW would have had to drive all the way back! (another
hour or more)

Given me lots to ponder. Could DW have wanted something from JW? Is phone turned off when it goes to VM or just out of area to receive? I'm a dinosaur!

Was it a signal?

80 minutes! I hate to speculate this, but time of death is difficult to pin down--could have been money-drop and then killing and then rounding up loot and finally setting fire/s. It can never be certain that little Philip died of thermal injuries. I have always thought the throats were cut--maybe not all. I always hope Philip was unconscious. A body can burn, have appearance of thermal injuries, and person have been unconscious during its start.
It's so hard to trust the news stories because it seems the writing is rushed. Just today, one story (forget which outlet) implied PS, AS, VF killed and then some time later, SS. Another story (CNN) confused the names and info and its big new detail was that PS had blunt force trauma to rear of head while others reported SS did, new detail about HIM.
Did they have to wait to make exit until lawn crew out? Was it presence of lawn crew that spooked them to start prepping exit?
I do sometimes think there will be things we will never know!
I also find so many recent news stories refer to "suspects," "assailants" as tho a given and I wonder will we ever know who other than Wint?

You can add to that, why did he call AS and not SS? I doubt he was intimate with the wife. There is a record of his call to AS but no mention of attempts to contact his boss, who's house was on fire. Even if AIW people who contacted him had said we can't reach SS, why didn't he try to do the same? JW has proven to be somewhat of a flake but jees, he doesn't even behave normal in a panic situation.

To be fair, apparently JW attempted to txt and call SS as well! I don't know why they only released the VM to AS

hour or more)

Are we sure JW didn't answer SS' call at 11:54? If so, did SS leave a message? I don't recall seeing that confirmed, but I could have missed it. TIA!

Regarding the last phone call SS made, is it possible SS somehow slipped out of his restraints or somehow got the phone. I realize he was found deceased still bound but could he have been retied. I know its most likely impossible but if he realized their time was running out could he have made a move. Maybe getting the phone and hit the last number dialed before the killer quickly regained control.....I know crazy idea but it just popped in my head and decided to share.

hour or more)

We'll know. Eventually. They have one perp. The rest will out, in time. If JW was involved, it will surface. What I'm thinking is, DDW commandeered the most amazingly well-timed not-entirely-random home invasion and managed to pull off (almost) a perfect crime of extortion/murder/arson and/or JW was the most unlucky *advertiser censored* with bad timing, to ever get caught up in something utterly out of his control that just so happened to occur while he was employed by the victim. You have to accept one or both of those two things, or you have to wonder, as I do, how, exactly, this whole scenario played out.

With the stories of Wint now coming out about the ambush of the previous knifing victim, I can imagine him doing this crime, watching, waiting. Ambushing. Maybe with another helper or two.

I can see JW as innocent (but, man!! what terrible timing he has???, and good heavens, the motives...) or complicit. I just don't know. If he planned it, he is pretty good. Because LE hasn't even got him yet. Try to imagine yourself planning this. As Wint, or as JW + Wint. All sorts of things could go wrong. All sorts of things! The nerve. The idea, the timing. I just don't know. Are any of them that smart? Did they get lucky?

Oh gosh. "The Mansion Murders: From the Inside Out" sounds soooooo General Hospital'ish. I am going to watch but they are really doing the most.

I can still imagine DW's brother, Darrel, being involved in some way. DW contacted his bro, another male and the two girls before he arrived in the return to DC. They all spent some time in the HJ Hotel before heading out in the caravan to who knows where before they were arrested.

Oh gosh. "The Mansion Murders: From the Inside Out" sounds soooooo General Hospital'ish. I am going to watch but they are really doing the most.

Ikr! I wish the MSM would stop calling these vicious murders the "Mansion Murders". It's very tacky!

I wondered about this. Then reading online today, either an older news story or one with the NEW details about SS murder, I found reported JW upon hearing of fire had tried to call both SS and AS. Investigators must have the text to AS from his cell --how did news get the transcript?--but so far, despite the one news story, nothing on a VM or a "Hey, Senor S., your crib is on fire..." text.
I also wonder about the over-familiar tone used with AS. Maybe shows his special personality or he'd been in banter-mode with her going back to the Kart days at Autobahn.
You thinkin what I'm thinkin? He settled for one text on record, one that in his mind reflected his "beautiful-person" concern and how "in" he was with the family.
JMT (Just MY thinking, anyhoo). IDK never has rung true to me.

Are we sure JW didn't answer SS' call at 11:54? If so, did SS leave a message? I don't recall seeing that confirmed, but I could have missed it. TIA!

It was never confirmed.

Look... hahaha... do you think we will actually learn anything new?

20/20 ‏@ABC2020 [video=twitter;609468942927556608]https://twitter.com/ABC2020/status/609468942927556608[/video]
You may think you know the DC Mansion Murder mystery, but after tonight, you will know it all. 10/9c w/ @ryansmithtv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcee