DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ATTENTION: Mr. S Family. Trust no one. Some may decide to come back.

Get a gun and protect yourselves.

Some people may want to come back to get more.

Don't open that door without a 50 cal in your hands.

You never know.

Jmo.

Supper time

image.jpg

Ribeyes

image.jpg
New Orleans style BBQ Shrimp

Why does NG keep giving these interviews??? What's the point??? She could at least respect the surviving family members - especially the daughters. I bet she'll be writing a book next.
Often, a reporter develops a relationship which feels personal to the talker. Even if the reporter is calling for the first time, she can be quite disarming, a good listener, makes you feel important--just has a little question...It is hard not to talk to them. Given the kind of gruesome and often inaccurate details in the news (CNN's recent story) about how family and Veralicia Figeroa murdered, I would think Ng's 15 minutes the least of the surviving members' problems with media attention.
If you go to some other forums you will see ridiculous and defamatory theories proposed. NG has said nothing to disrespect or betray her employers or surviving members and it should be obvious by now that she omits some information for a reason. She has been useful to investigators and they will have told her and others what they want to keep out of the news.
I think she is on a roller-coaster of emotions and also had a close call. Talking is probably good therapy.

I'm not seeing that in the article - about the 40K. Where did that come from?

This was the first I heard that NG said there was more than $40,000:
Pamela Brown (CNN) once again elaborated with her story on the case stating there was "more than $40,000 in the truck." This was after she had previously stated that the take from the crime was only $40,000.
Never mind, looks like CNN reporter said that not NG, UGH!!!!

I hope 20/20 will devote the entire episode tonight about this case. It will be interesting to hear from the guy DW ambushed and stabbed twice. And we'll likely hear from NG. Anyone think we'll hear anything new, or clarify what we do know?

I don't think the family is in contact with her. They have made it clear they don't want people talking to the press.

1) She attended the funeral. Doubtful the surviving family is going out of its way to avoid her. I don't see why they would share the uncalled for hostility some in the public feel for her--JMO No wonder people have survivor guilt.
2) I think the family has made it clear they want THEIR own privacy respected
3) She has tried to clear up the media' inaccurate, incomplete info. from earlier days. And its still goes on (see details about the murder in today's CNN story, also aired on tv). She never claimed to know about any transaction ahead of time. She told People.com those false reports have bothered her. She wishes to clear them up. Asked if her employer usually had cash delivered to the house, she has consistently said she never witnessed same.
4) Given that she is VF's employer and has been the cleaning service for family for a few decades, she does know about VF's usual schedule. As well, she was the recipient of phone calls/texts over two days, so she has filled in some gaps and addressed their content in terms of HER finding them strange. I do not see how discussing her feelings and the part of the time-line she knows harms the family or the case. I sure don't see how the few details she provides implies she might be involved.
Nothing she has disclosed threatens survivors' security. Nothing she has said goes beyond the scope of what she would know based on some phone calls and her role in the life of the family. If she started going on about the personal habits of her employers, their medical history, their relationship, personal confidences or conversations she has overheard, we might have reason to criticize her.
Some in the public seem to feel the servants should be neither seen nor heard. She is a survivor and she is a victim of loss in this hideous crime.

JMO and a strong one.

I hope 20/20 will devote the entire episode tonight about this case. It will be interesting to hear from the guy DW ambushed and stabbed twice. And we'll likely hear from NG. Anyone think we'll hear anything new, or clarify what we do know?

Ryan Smith ‏@ryansmithtv [video=twitter;609493966938066944]https://twitter.com/ryansmithtv/status/609493966938066944[/video]
Tonight on @abc2020 - Mystery in the Mansion. A full hour in the #DCMansion killings, with more revealed. 10p ET/9p Central

Does 20/20 pay for interviews?

If NG contacted JW to make sure the money was delivered. Than NG is involved. Jmo

Which is why I think he was mad at SS. The downward spiral couldn't be his own fault so probably blamed SS.

DW is not that deep. I don't think he's the kind of person who sat around harboring hate or blame. He's a typical opportunistic criminal and prisons are full of them.

LE might be intentionally feeding her misinformation to see what she does with it.

The biggest problem with NG is that she claims JW phoned her on Thursday and told her he delivered the money. Those two would have no legit reason to be discussing the delivery of money. Especially considering JW supposedly only learned about it Wednesday evening.

JMO

You do realize how much MEDIA has got wrong about information they see and hear. Worse at the start and still goes on. LE can certainly check to see if JW phoned her and what he discussed with her. He phoned the AIW employee. She corrected this.
Today CNN via Pat Browne completely botched the "new information" as it was originally given. Not a typo either. Pat Browne delivered it on air too.

There's a reason people constantly complain about the press misquoting, getting one person's story mixed up with another's, being plain careless, and then not bothering to retract. There's a reason savvy people don't talk to them.

When you find out that NG's dad lived next door to Daron Wint when NG was in her late teens, let us know. Yeah, I am feeling snarky about this. Nate Thayer is a credible journalist.

I am way in to adulthood and I have known most of my mother's neighbors though I did not grow up in her neighborhood.

My point being, with the acknowledgment that JW is not POI, not a suspect, and utterly innocent by any legal definition, LE has put it out there in more ways than one that it has reason to think it likely to find evidence from the crime in his car. So I gather with JMO, it is fair to discuss him.
And I do not think he was a trusted employee of the family for two decades.

Same should not apply to NG when it comes to unfounded innuendo, especially that based no on a court document, not on an SW, but on stories LE has warned us were no better than rumors.

JMO

Often, a reporter develops a relationship which feels personal to the talker. Even if the reporter is calling for the first time, she can be quite disarming, a good listener, makes you feel important--just has a little question...It is hard not to talk to them. Given the kind of gruesome and often inaccurate details in the news (CNN's recent story) about how family and Veralicia Figeroa murdered, I would think Ng's 15 minutes the least of the surviving members' problems with media attention.
If you go to some other forums you will see ridiculous and defamatory theories proposed. NG has said nothing to disrespect or betray her employers or surviving members and it should be obvious by now that she omits some information for a reason. She has been useful to investigators and they will have told her and others what they want to keep out of the news.
I think she is on a roller-coaster of emotions and also had a close call. Talking is probably good therapy.

If she wants to talk then it should be with a therapist not the media. I certainly hope she's not getting $$$ for good therapy

We can test that theory. If we go with DW thinking this up, breaking into the house, being able to control those in it for 18 hours, killing all four, setting the fire, driving the Porsche away and torching it---how do the facts as we know them fit? And what questions would we still have? What is difficult to explain if we try to support this theory?

I'll go first:
DW solo matching up to a fact--
1) Despite numerous search warrants, interviews with the convoy gang, a nearly three weeks long investigation involving ATA, Secret Service, FBI, and police, he is the only one who has been arrested (as Kali points out)

Question:

1) Why did investigators maintain that the crimes would have required the presence and assistance of others?
2) How did DW get to the house?

I think reasonable answers could be found.

Any one else want to take a whack at this? Include motive, what the plan might have been initially, logistics, evidence we know about so far, and account for any known facts, witness statements, LE statements while we all acknowledge discrepancies will exist, lots of stuff we don't know yet, and LE well might be revising earlier thinking.

We should be able to put together a good theoretical case between us for DW having acted alone--except for whatever practical assistance he was offered by unwitting pals post-crime.

Posing hypotheticals only (PHO)

I don't think I can add anything of value here. Who was in charge of AIW during the time DW worked there and was let go from? SS or PS?

My only other thought is that if it is an inside job, it will take longer (in my opinion) for arrests to be made. Lots of investigating to do.

LE might be intentionally feeding her misinformation to see what she does with it.

The biggest problem with NG is that she claims JW phoned her on Thursday and told her he delivered the money. Those two would have no legit reason to be discussing the delivery of money. Especially considering JW supposedly only learned about it Wednesday evening.

JMO

To me it makes sense these two (NG & JW) would have phone conversation. They both worked for the family, JW would have worked along side Mr SS in the past month as his assistant. Ms NG was also working closer with Mr SS due to the opening of the DoJo. Once hearing about the fire I would assume both of them would try to contact each other.

Both of them had spent time with Mr SS in the previous 24 hrs. I can very much accept JW would speak of the $40K he delivered being it was his last service to Mr SS the same day of the fire. In his anxiety he would say something like, (I was just there, he asked me to deliver 40K to him). He was talking to someone he personally knew, they were both in shock, they both worked for the family.

The Fifth Man (or Woman)/Convoy

Lots here is vague and could be questioned--"Prosecutors have said..." in THIS case or just a prosecutor speculating from the next bar stool?
But IF a fifth person was taken into custody and not released with the other four detained from convoy, would this mean fifth still in custody? In protective custody? Signifies nothing?

(from CBS) "Police did not identify the four people or say how long they were detained. There was no immediate word on the whereabouts of a fifth person taken into custody when Wint was."

I know it is all guesswork on our part at this point, but I would take guesses I am so feeling "led on," while I know only two real possiblities: 1) Wint is it. 2) Investigators are putting air-tight case together and other arrests in the wings.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-detained-with-d-c-mansion-murders-suspect-released/

Clear some facts are being withheld on purpose and I would think investigators have told anyone speaking to press what they want left out.

What I'd like to know: Why would SS call JW at 11:54 am. shortly before the fire likely set? What could JW do for him now?

Was there some occurrence or phone contact that spooked the killers out of the house suddenly--made them leave hastily hoping to cover tracks by dousing mattress and a person with gasoline and tossing matches? Fearing discovery might explain their leaving behind valuables.

If SS did call JW, was it part of an effort to get assailant/s more money? JW could only deliver, no authority to do the banking part or approval, but IF SS was still trying to pay for the victims' survival, then he might have wanted JW to pick something up and deliver or to check and be sure of his whereabouts should he be able to raise more.

JW did not pick up the call according to news reports.

Coincidentally, soon after call made, all heck breaks loose and JW is out of Lowe's and on his way to the mansion.

Did SS leave a message during that last call to JW? Never heard if there was a message left. Wondering if was a simple butt dial.....happens. Maybe it was while DW was collecting all the phones.......

Shall we keep a running tally of all the mistakes we hear in this 20/20 special? (Based on the very few official LE comments and the Charging Docs and Search Warrants.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1