DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that NG didn't have VF's husbands phone number? And that is
why she kept calling VF's cell Thursday to no avail?

Also, NG may have been asleep when SS left VM Wednesday eve? She
has a very physical job, and probably goes to sleep early? I know I do.

Another-thing I learned on 20/20 last night: VF's husband works the graveyard shift, so I guess this would explain why he didn't come to the SS home Wednesday eve to inquire on VF's whereabouts?

The info. that VF's husband works all night "solves" a mystery for me--not that I ever suspected him--just wondered why he wasn't going crazy Wed. night when she was out all night and he had no idea why.

Then when he does go to the house, the boss phones him and tells him VF is with AS, continuing to be "on-duty." Naturally, he's not going to storm the bastille, call in the Mounties, insist SS show his face and give him further details even if the "cover story" does't totally add up. Typically, one doesn't add it up until later anyway.

He called around 9:30 pm. He is not her boss - she works for him, but she is not an employee.

That is definitely after hours. Phone calls after 9pm are unacceptable, IMO. There comes a time when it is acceptable for people to be on their own time. She was not working for him the next day, so it wasn't a change of plans for that.

I see nothing wrong with her not answering that call and not listening to the VM the next day.
I'm behind but something occurs to me:
Maybe NG has a business phone that goes to voicemail after a certain hour and just as you point out, she only checks the messages during regular business hours. Perhaps, SS called the business number as opposed to a private line.

Thanks for the link. I do think, though, that most people use the term more generally to include coins as well, even if perhaps technically that's not the definition in the U.S. It also would make a lot more sense if the returned search warrant's listing of 'currency' was referring to some loose change lying around rather than to paper $$, which it seems the perp(s) would have surely taken. Who knows, though.

The brutality in these murders is so gruesome! Why would anyone be so brutal to three adults and even more so to an innocent child?!

It floors me why the perps would invade the house in the afternoon and stay for 19 hours. To me, this is poor planning and/or they were ill advised as to what was available in the house.

There had to be jewelry available worth much more than the measly $40,000 the perps received. This could have been an easy in and out robbery. Plus, what else might have been in that large safe that could be valuable and easily transportable?

Another questioning thought I have is why was he/they so stupid to start the fire? This resulted in an immediate response by FF and police. If the fire had not been started, the perp(s) would have long been gone by the time someone discovered the horrors that had taken place in that house. I know the reason for the fire was to remove any signs of evidence, however, a fire in the middle of the day is going to get noticed immediately.

Sometimes I think this was a poorly planned event that went horrendously wrong. The brutality was due to the fact that "the plans" failed and angered DW. JMO

The Metal Fab Inc company that you refer to is actually spelled metLfab (http://www.metlfab.com) Many of the listings for it refer to it incorrectly as well. The sign on their building in Frederick is spelled METLFAB, INC. (in giant letters).

Court documents in Maryland, however, indicate that MetalFab, Inc and Metal Fabulous are likely one and the same as they have shared the same address for a number of years. And, names associated with both have remained the same.
Then there is this one... they have a location in Fredrick and Aberdeen MD.
https://www.google.com/search?q=metal+fab+inc+md&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=metal+fab+inc+md&start=10

and this:
http://www.mtlfab.com

Not sure but thought the cash in envelope was the tip and paid by phone with cc.

Never ordered pizza and paid by CC, I always pay cash when delivered. So I'm wondering if it is normal to leave a tip for the driver when you call and give CC info. In other words, "put two bucks on there for a tip please"

re: emjoi with Tongue-in-Cheek? I second that emoticon! heh heh. We have some delightfully creative people (person?) making these emjois for us, I'm always chuckling when I go through the library. I see new ones pop up and am astounded at the imagination :D

whistling.gif

[video=youtube;ZSy3gD8w7jQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy3gD8w7jQ[/video]

youtube.com

The youtube of last nights 20/20 show for those that missed it. I'm not sure if this is complete as I did not see the show.

Do you think anybody that knew him would have left that money in the car in his garage? That is why I think he had JW do it.
I think you mean SS would not have instructed a company official to leave the money in the garage because such an unconventional delivery method would raise a red flag. Ask the gofer because the gofer doesn't ask questions.
Convenient that JW was in the picture to communicate, ever so discreetly, via text, about the "package"with SS, drop it off at the house no worries, and with his presence at the Dojo act as a liaison between boss and outside world, warding off any potential concern about SS's total absence from duty between 6 p.m. the night before and early afternoon the next day.
In fact, had anyone asked what's up with the boss, he could assure them, "I got a VM from him just this morning..."
The right man for the job. JMO

I respectfull disagree with everything you posted. That's kind of messed up to imply that if he wanted to send a message he would have succeeded. Goodness.

I don't see why. I don't mean he would have been rescued successfully but that it would have been received as a message for help. He had several phone conversations with people who knew him. Can't we all think of ways we could secretly send a clear message? Plus I don't that he needed to come up with excuses about Amy being sick, which was believable. I don't see anything that in retrospect is a clear signal. He though police intervention would put his family under increased risk.

I think you mean SS would not have instructed a company official to leave the money in the garage because such an unconventional delivery method would raise a red flag. Ask the gofer because the gofer doesn't ask questions.
Convenient that JW was in the picture to communicate, ever so discreetly, via text, about the "package"with SS, drop it off at the house no worries, and with his presence at the Dojo act as a liaison between boss and outside world, warding off any potential concern about SS's total absence from duty between 6 p.m. the night before and early afternoon the next day.
In fact, had anyone asked what's up with the boss, he could assure them, "I got a VM from him just this morning..."
The right man for the job. JMO
No, I meant exactly what I posted.

I agree. I think that SS harbored hope that the monster would leave when the money arrived. And he knew that even if the cops drove up his driveway, the family would not be out of danger. DW would probably slit his wife and son's throats if that happened. So he did not try and send any signals. He did the opposite. Sadly enough.

The brutality in these murders is so gruesome! Why would anyone be so brutal to three adults and even more so to an innocent child?!

It floors me why the perps would invade the house in the afternoon and stay for 19 hours. To me, this is poor planning and/or they were ill advised as to what was available in the house.

There had to be jewelry available worth much more than the measly $40,000 the perps received. This could have been an easy in and out robbery. Plus, what else might have been in that large safe that could be valuable and easily transportable?

Another questioning thought I have is why was he/they so stupid to start the fire? This resulted in an immediate response by FF and police. If the fire had not been started, the perp(s) would have long been gone by the time someone discovered the horrors that had taken place in that house. I know the reason for the fire was to remove any signs of evidence, however, a fire in the middle of the day is going to get noticed immediately.

Sometimes I think this was a poorly planned event that went horrendously wrong. The brutality was due to the fact that "the plans" failed and angered DW. JMO
I agree with many points you make 123. Certainly takes balls to invade the home in broad daylight and take four people hostage. The logistics of being successful in doing this without one person being able to send out a 911 call would not be too favorable if this was a one person show. And then to hold them for 19 hours! Very bold. So many things can go wrong in 19 hours. Unexpected guests could show up, PS's classmates could stop by to drop off homework,or the daughters could call and freak out being unable to reach anyone in the family. How would DW have known what to expect? Wouldn't he have noticed bedrooms that were obviously those of teenage girls? When were they going to walk in the door?

I also agree that $40,000 was nothing compared with easy pickings in the house. Jewelry, watches, artwork, high-end electronics, collectibles, etc. would have made this a profitable day's work. Why risk the possibility of getting caught by staying overnight.

And then the fire. Yes, what else could you do to bring the authorities to the house as quickly as possible.

So many actions that are very difficult to explain.

Good question. We noticed in the 20/20 interview, she keeps her phone really close.
I'm taking a guess. She was tired, didn't want to be "on call"anymore that evening, so turned her cell off and let msgs. go to VM. As far as she knew, she's not needed, and JMO didn't want to be.
She's on a job, checks her msgs, gets SSs from night before and AS's, thinks a little weird and redundant, but nothing alarming. IDK she tried to call VF hub or not to let him know his wife had spent the night. Didn't she try VF's cell? She tried AS's.
Was VF hub still at work? Would she have known that? Did she have his cell #?
All the questioning is good as far as I am concerned, but personally I have no reason to suspect NG, view her as a survivor and a victim, and she's not listed in CD or SWs.
PS Not trying to step on the discussion about why she might have acted as she did

I could definitely be wrong, but I thought I read/heard that she ordered online and then Domino's called her back and spoke with her on the phone.

*I wish there was a salt shaker emoticon.

Those were the details, in the first reports, I heard.

NO. Not at all. I used to work at a school and often called families on the 'no show' list. That call is usually made for two main reasons. One, to remind the parents to bring a note for an excused absence, and two, to notify parents if the kid is playing hooky.

But in this case, Phillip had already missed a week because of his accident. So the school would not have been suspicious, just concerned about his health. JMO

Exactly.

And the original question was worth considering because if STA tried to reach AS on Thursday morning, that might have been another point of contact. Did DDW let her speak, and if so, what did she say? IDK. Maybe it means nothing but since I'm still stuck in "magical thinking" mode, where I feel that if we unravel this mystery, we'll be able to stop it from happening, every point of contact between the family and the outside world seems noteworthy.

Those were the details, in the first reports, I heard.

Dominos spoke with a woman on the phone. They wouldn't know Mrs. S's voice from any other woman who answered the phone. They only state it was AS because that's what she said. Was there a female accomplice with DW?

I agree. I think that SS harbored hope that the monster would leave when the money arrived. And he knew that even if the cops drove up his driveway, the family would not be out of danger. DW would probably slit his wife and son's throats if that happened. So he did not try and send any signals. He did the opposite. Sadly enough.

I agree with many points you make 123. Certainly takes balls to invade the home in broad daylight and take four people hostage. The logistics of being successful in doing this without one person being able to send out a 911 call would not be too favorable if this was a one person show. And then to hold them for 19 hours! Very bold. So many things can go wrong in 19 hours. Unexpected guests could show up, PS's classmates could stop by to drop off homework,or the daughters could call and freak out being unable to reach anyone in the family. How would DW have known what to expect? Wouldn't he have noticed bedrooms that were obviously those of teenage girls? When were they going to walk in the door?

I also agree that $40,000 was nothing compared with easy pickings in the house. Jewelry, watches, artwork, high-end electronics, collectibles, etc. would have made this a profitable day's work. Why risk the possibility of getting caught by staying overnight.

And then the fire. Yes, what else could you do to bring the authorities to the house as quickly as possible.

So many actions that are very difficult to explain.

The fact the monsters knew the girls were away at boarding school makes me think it was an inside job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1