DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about AS dog? I heard she had a very aggressive dog and then later i read the dog was tied outside. Wouldn't it be suspicious to have dog tied up outside all this time!!? Thanks

Didn't I read a thread or two ago that someone found that his brother was still in custody?

I haven't seen this discussed much, if at all.

Is there a reason for that?

It is my understanding, he had an unrelated court date for another crime around the same time as this crime. A schedule court case...I'll look it up.

Does anyone know about AS dog? I heard she had a very aggressive dog and then later i read the dog was tied outside. Wouldn't it be suspicious to have dog tied up outside all this time!!? Thanks

This has been discussed previously if you want to search the previous threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, a search for Steffon or Steffan Wint produces only the arrest of DW using it as an alias.

When arrested before, he falsely gave his brother's name.

oops, forgot these:DWarrestedenlargedlevels.jpgScreen Shot 2015-06-14 at 7.52.10 PM.jpg

Absolutely agree. The protocol has changed across the boards for armed hostage situations and mass shootings. BUT, a welfare check is easily satisfied.
DW had not killed before because his victim survived (twice) his attempt to kill. Chalk that up to luck of the victim, not DW's not being a homicidal threat. He was exactly that.

I don't know what the protocol is for a welfare check but this just reminded me of something that I experienced several years ago. I live in a very rural area, on a farm, and one night I accidentally called 911 - my husband's cell phone starts with 919 and my phone was sticking, and it apparently dialed 911. I hung up before I realized and tried calling my husband again, got through, and we were talking so I ignored the call waiting. About 15 minutes later I heard a vehicle drive up at high speed and saw lights, hung up with my husband and went to the door. There were two state police officers with guns drawn. I realized fairly quickly what must have happened, with the misdialed call, and explained it but they came inside and searched the house and told me at the end that they were afraid it was a hostage situation. I have no idea if that was their standard protocol or if something in my manner alarmed them, or what. I was pretty nervous because it was late at night, I was alone on the farm, and it frankly scared the crap out of me to see police with guns drawn. I was reassured afterwards though at the thoroughness. I realize this is different than what we're discussing, since it was an actual 911 call on their end and not someone requesting a welfare check, but just wanted to mention it since we are discussing various situations. Is this normal, do you think, or did I just have some really diligent cops that night

It is my understanding, he had an unrelated court date for another crime around the same time as this crime. A schedule court case...I'll look it up.

So far, a search for Steffon or Steffan Wint produces only the arrest of DW using it as an alias.

When arrested before, he falsely gave his brother's name.

oops, forgot these:View attachment 76382

Man...I really need the poster that posted that to pop their head out!!!!

This brother was ID'd by local news as being detained at the same time as DDW was arrested. This is a public record of an upcoming court case:

Go Back
Case Information
Court System: DISTRICT COURT FOR MONTGOMERY COUNTY - CRIMINAL SYSTEM
Case Number: 6D00331365Tracking No:142001418716
Case Type: CRIMINAL
District Code: 06Location Code:02
Document Type: CITATIONIssued Date:04/12/2015
Case Status: ACTIVE
Defendant Information
Defendant Name: WINT, DARRELL TERRENCE
Race: BLACK, AFRICAN AMERICAN
Sex: MHeight:602Weight:205DOB:10/30/1985
Address: 9200 EDWARDS WAY
City: HYATTSVILLEState:MDZip Code:20783 - 0000
Court Scheduling Information
Trial Date: 06/26/2015Trial Time:08:30 AMRoom:401
Trial Type:
Trial Location:8552 SECOND AVENUE SILVER SPRING 20910-3405
Charge and Disposition Information
(Each Charge is listed separately. The disposition is listed below the Charge)
Charge No: 001Description:CDS:pOSS PARAPHERNALIA
Statute: CR.5.619.(c)(1)Description:CDS:pOSS PARAPHERNALIA
Amended Date: CJIS Code:5 3550MO/PLL:probable Cause:
Incident Date From: 04/12/2015 To: 04/12/2015 Victim Age:
Related Person Information
(Each Person related to the case other than the Defendant is shown)
Name:REA, J
Connection:COMPLAINANT/POLICE OFFICER
Agency Code: MCPAgency Sub-Code:WG15Officer ID:2099
Event History Information
Event Date Comment
DOCI 05/04/2015 CIT ISSUED 150412
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...l.jis?caseId=6D00331365&loc=24&detailLoc=DSCR

What I was clarifying is that the "search warrant return" i.e, the inventory of items recovered pursuant to the search warrant did not produce the red bag or red lined bag they were looking for as listed in the warrant.

Yep, no red bag in the car as per the SW return! Where's that elusive red bag? We may never know.

added: Sorry for the confusion, the red bag not being in the SW return was a big deal on this thread when the SW return was first unsealed, so I thought you might be clarifying a different point! It's been a long day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steffan I think is how it was spelled. It was discussed that his brother who he was arrested with was not released. But there was no confirmation.

Then late last week sometime, someone looked him up and it said "in custody".

I have zero idea who posted that. I have no way of knowing what day it was posted. And I am too tired to read through thousands of posts to try to find it. LOL!!

Hopefully the person is still reading here and will speak up...

:uthere:

Just made me look him up, Steffon whom is Darons brother is also an alias of Daron. When I look up Steffon it comes up as Daron in Vinelink.

I do not think Steffon is in custody, I've also watched court charges looking for him and he's not been charged. Here's the info I get looking up Steffon.

Offender Name: DARON D WINT
Offender ID:349755
Date of Birth:11/27/1980
Race: African American

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:Central Detention Facility

Aliases
WINT, STEFFON
STEFFON

This brother was ID'd by local news as being detained at the same time as DDW was arrested. This is a public record of an upcoming court case:

Go Back
Case Information
Defendant Information
Trial Type:
Event Date Comment
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...l.jis?caseId=6D00331365&loc=24&detailLoc=DSCR

Just made me look him up, Steffon whom is Darons brother is also an alias of Daron. When I look up Steffon it comes up as Daron in Vinelink.

I do not think Steffon is in custody, I've also watched court charges looking for him and he's not been charged. Here's the info I get looking up Steffon.

Offender Name: DARON D WINT
Offender ID:349755
Date of Birth:11/27/1980
Race: African American

Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:Central Detention Facility

Aliases
WINT, STEFFON
STEFFON

OK...maybe that is why it wasn't discussed when it was posted before! LOL!!

Not that I thought I was breaking the case wide open or anything...ha!...but it has been bugging me for a few days why it was never discussed.

Thanks to y'all who have these resources to answer questions so darn quickly!! Y'all rock :loveyou:

Go Back
Case Information
Defendant Information
Trial Type:
Event Date Comment

What is the last date DW was arrested prior to the arrest for the SS murder? TIA

So I've tried to look up Spanish-language Salvadoran coverage of this case. Will spend more time this week cuz had time only for a little bit tonight. None of the papers seems to have run anything on the case since about 22 May. Most of what was run was recycled from the Washington Post and Daily Mail.

The comments sections on a couple articles were interesting. One commenter theorized that there were three possible perpetrators: international terrorists; gangs such as the Bloods and the Creeps (sic), or, bizarrely, VF's husband because (paraphrasing from Spanish into English) 'most of the Salvadoran community in the DC area knows that some husbands would be willing to get their ol' ball-and-chains killed to get rid of them.' That comment was...there are no words for it. Several commenters who seemed reasonably sane, on the other hand, bemoaned that in the USA, DDW's father is grounded enough to declare that he wants justice even if his own son was indeed the perp, but meanwhile, in El Salvador, many parents of suspected criminals go boo-hoo'ing on TV that their kid is innocent, would never do such a thing, he got set up, the police don't know what they're doing, and so on.

The last thing I'll note here, which triggers my curiosity, is this quote from a 19 May article on: http://www.laprensagrafica.com/2015...inada-en-washington-planeaba-regresar-al-pais.

"Por el momento, los hijos Veralicia Figueroa esperan que el consulado de El Salvador en Washington haga los arreglos para enviar por avión el cuerpo, un proceso que podría durar hasta 15 días."

which translates roughly to

"For now, the children of VF are waiting for the Salvadoran consulate in Washington to arrange to send by aeroplane the body, a process which could last up to 15 days."

Does this mean that VF went home about a week ago, on the tab of the El Salvador embassy? It sounds like that's what her children were working with the consulate to do. So what is going on, then, with the ******** site? I hope it is kosher. Looking into this doesn't solve the tragedy's mystery, but I'm curious. I will try to find articles that let us know where she is, and how her community of origin is faring.

OK...maybe that is why it wasn't discussed when it was posted before! LOL!!

Not that I thought I was breaking the case wide open or anything...ha!...but it has been bugging me for a few days why it was never discussed.

Thanks to y'all who have these resources to answer questions so darn quickly!! Y'all rock :loveyou:

Well thanks for the new name, I hadn't heard that one. Looked him up too, not in custody and don't see any charges. Does wint have two brothers, I only heard of Steffon?

I don't know what the protocol is for a welfare check but this just reminded me of something that I experienced several years ago. I live in a very rural area, on a farm, and one night I accidentally called 911 - my husband's cell phone starts with 919 and my phone was sticking, and it apparently dialed 911. I hung up before I realized and tried calling my husband again, got through, and we were talking so I ignored the call waiting. About 15 minutes later I heard a vehicle drive up at high speed and saw lights, hung up with my husband and went to the door. There were two state police officers with guns drawn. I realized fairly quickly what must have happened, with the misdialed call, and explained it but they came inside and searched the house and told me at the end that they were afraid it was a hostage situation. I have no idea if that was their standard protocol or if something in my manner alarmed them, or what. I was pretty nervous because it was late at night, I was alone on the farm, and it frankly scared the crap out of me to see police with guns drawn. I was reassured afterwards though at the thoroughness. I realize this is different than what we're discussing, since it was an actual 911 call on their end and not someone requesting a welfare check, but just wanted to mention it since we are discussing various situations. Is this normal, do you think, or did I just have some really diligent cops that night

I had a simllar experience in Santa Monica , when my son was a toddler. I was at my friends apt one night and our kids were playing. Apparently they picked up her cordless house phone , and she had it set up to go to 911 if u just hit 9. So her phone rang and it was a dispatcher and she thought it was a joke but she said , No, there's no problem, and hung up. About 10 minutes later, 4 SMPD with weapons, looking in the window, pounding on the door. :eek:
Even though she said there was no problem, they thought it might be a hostage situation or domestic violence, so they came by and searched the apt.

I was glad to see they did that but this friend was kind of jerky about it. Which was weird because it was her 4 yr old who later admitted it was him that called and he knew it was 911.

And he is also due in court on this one:
Case Information
Court System: Circuit Court for Montgomery County - Domestic System
Case Number: 126751FL Sub Type: DOMESTIC FAMILY
Date Filed: 03/30/2015
Case Status: OPEN
Plaintiff Information
(Each Alias, Address, and Attorney for the Plaintiff is displayed)
Name: JUAREZ, SANDRA
Address: 7611 MAPLE AVENUE 103
TAKOMA PARK MD 20912
Defendant Information
(Each Alias, Address, and Attorney for the Defendant is displayed)
Name: WINT, DARRELL
HYATTSVILLE MD 20783
(Schedule is subject to change)
Event Date: 06/19/2015 Event Time: 08:30 AM Judge: SEGEL, LISA S
Location: 50 Maryland Avenue South Tower Hearing Room 2f Courtroom: 2F
Description: SCHEDULING HEARING
Issues Information
Issue: CUSTODY
Issue: VISITATION
Document Tracking
Docket Date: 03/30/2015 Docket Number: 1
Docket Description: BILL OF COMPLAINT
Docket Type: Docket Filed By: Plaintiff
Docket Text: COMPLAINT FOR CUSTODY, FILED.
Docket Date: 03/30/2015 Docket Number: 2
Docket Description: INFORMATION SHEET FILED
Docket Text: PLAINTIFF'S INFORMATION SHEET, FILED.
Docket Date: 04/03/2015 Docket Number: 3
Docket Description: SUMMONS ISSUED
Docket Type: Docket Filed By: Court
Docket Text: SUMMONS ISSUED FOR PERSONAL SERVICE AND MAILED TO PLAINTIFF.
Docket Date: 04/15/2015 Docket Number: 4
Docket Description: AMENDED BILL OF COMPLAINT/PETITION
Docket Text: PLAINTIFF'S AMENDED COMPLAINT FOR CUSTODY, FILED.
Docket Date: 04/17/2015 Docket Number: 5
Docket Description: SUMMONS ISSUED
Docket Text: SUMMONS ISSUED FOR PERSONAL SERVICE AND MAILED TO THE PLAINTIFF.
Docket Date: 05/14/2015 Docket Number: 6
Docket Description: AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE: MAGISTRATE'S SUMMONS
Docket Type: Docket Filed By: Other
Docket Text: AFFIDAVIT OF SERVICE ON SUMMONS: SERVED ON 04/29/2015 AS TO DARRELL WINT, FILED.
Docket Date: 05/19/2015 Docket Number: 7
Docket Description: NOTICE, SCHEDULING HEARING & ORDER
Docket Text: NOTICE OF SCHEDULING HEARING AND ORDER OF COURT (DEBELIUS, J), ENTERED. (COPIES MAILED)

Go Back
Case Information
Defendant Information
Trial Type:
Event Date Comment

OH MY! I would have been scared to death too!!

But I think that is a rather common with a hang up 911 - they call back, and if you don't answer, yup expect them at your door. I have heard of this a couple of times from friends with small kids. LOL!!

One night - I guess we can play story time tonight? LOL - I had banging on my door, about 3am. I lived in an apartment at the time, and there was another door across from mine, then two facing doors upstairs (4 door alcove)

My 4 dogs LOST IT - they were doing their job as I lived alone!!! Having an absolute fit! I figured it was someone across the way (maybe 6 feet between our doors?) But they kept banging...and I kept yelling at the dogs to STFU! They eventually started yelling "This is the police! You must open your door immediately!" Now I was freaking out. My 4 dogs were having a conniption fit. How in the world was I supposed to open the door, without my dogs rushing whoever was on the other side?? I didn't know what to do. I yelled back "Let me get the dogs put up!" So I corralled them into my room and shut the door - they were none to happy about that!

I finally opened it, and 4 cops with guns drawn in my face!! I am so glad I didn't open the door...very good chance they would have shot my dogs!!!

Apparently, the guy that lived across from me stole a girl's wallet or something...and she only knew he ran into my alcove. I moved shortly after.

What is the last date DW was arrested prior to the arrest for the SS murder? TIA

Not so easy to answer, I've seen an newspaper story about Daron being arrested for pot and used his brothers name of Steffon. I'd need a background check to cover all states to answer that correctly. He also has time in NY.

Sex: M
Height:602Weight:205
DOB:10/30/1985

snipped for space only

This brother is quite a bit taller than DW - 7" plus an extra 50 lbs.

That arrest pic of DW doesn't show his dreads. Not saying they're not there, only that he could have been the groomed guy driving the P.

Last case in MD:
He filed charges against a female whose name is almost exactly the same (Off by one letter-looks like an obvious typo) as the name of the company contact at Metal Fab (ulous):
Case Information
Court System: DISTRICT COURT FOR PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY - CRIMINAL SYSTEM
Case Number: 6E00463028Tracking No:111001326925
District Code: 05Location Code:02
Document Type: WARRANTIssued Date:07/07/2011
Case Status: CLOSEDCase Disposition:TRIAL
Defendant Information
Defendant Name: JESSIE, MELISSA
Race: WHITE, CAUCASIAN, ASIATIC INDIAN, ARAB
Sex: FHeight:506Weight:225DOB:
Address: DEF APPROX 47 YEARS OLD
UNKNOWN
City: UNKNOWNState:XXZip Code:00000 - 0000
Charge No: 001Description:ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE
Statute: CR.3.203Description:ASSAULT-SEC DEGREE
Amended Date: CJIS Code:1 1415MO/PL L:probable Cause:X
Incident Date From: 07/06/2011 To: 07/06/2011 Victim Age:
Disposition
Plea: OTHER PLEA
Disposition: NOLLE PROSEQUIDisposition Date:07/26/2011
Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
Amt Suspended: Fine:$0.00Court Costs:$0.00CICF:$0.00
PBJ EndDate: Probation End Date:Restitution Amount:$0.00
Jail Term: Yrs: Mos:
Days:
Suspended Term: Yrs: Mos:
Days:
Credit Time Served:
Name:WINT, DARON
Connection:COMPLAINANT
Event Date Comment
WARI 07/07/2011 110707;ZP 16 ;2;ARR; D11021643-3
WARR 07/21/2011 110721;D11021643-3; SAO FILED LINE TO NP

This is an electronic case record. Full case information cannot be made available either because of legal restrictions on access to case records found in Maryland rules 16-1001 through 16-1011, or because of the practical difficulties inherent in reducing a case record into an electronic format.
http://casesearch.courts.state.md.u...l.jis?caseId=6E00463028&loc=20&detailLoc=DSCR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1