DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JW's parents were divorced. His Mom had a nice house that she got in the divorce. So JW might have lived with Mom instead of Dad. But even if he did live with his Dad, I thought I had read that his Dad was LE. Would his Dad want JW hanging out with a gangster in the neighborhood? Would they even have anything in common?

Also, 348 feet sounds very close. But how many other 'doors' were also within that 348 feet? Were there dozens of other apartments within that area? It looks like it is 2 huge apartment complexes. If it was two little houses just 348 feet apart, then I would assume they met each other. But if it is 348 feet full of other apartments, then it lessens the likelihood, imo.

DW wasn't always a "gangster." At one point, he was an aspiring Marine. And he came from a well-respected" nice family too.

There's a big hole from when JW played football...to when he got his "dream job" at Autobahn. I wonder if he was ever in trouble with the law? Maybe something expunged from his record?

His departure from Autobahn seems very abrupt. In March, he was still in ads for lessons. Most firings these days require a lengthy period of "documentation" etc. I wonder if SS really needed a "driver" or if he was just being a nice guy and helping a young man out with a temp job till he found something else?

As I read the People Magazine article, the magazine cites NT as a source. That is different than NT taking credit.

Fair point. He got to attach his name to the information without providing the same courtesy to the people who uncovered the info (in PEOPLE or in his blog). Guess it's embarrassing for an investigative journalist to say he gets his information from an amateur sleuth forum...

I found an old MySpace account for DW's younger brother. Lots of photos. It appears to be an older account. If you find it, click on photos to refresh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, now that you put it that way. I do not know how close JW was to his father between the ages you mention. Just Anecdotal: I did not grow up in the house my mother has occupied for the last forty years, but I did know her past neighbors, and I do know her current ones! I fact, I even have her next door neighbors' phone numbers. Some apartment complexes tend to a bit of mixing, whether through kids, or the community pool, or occasional open-door party. It would not seem strange to me if a teenage boy, whether living with his dad, or just visiting, should know some of the neighbors, especially peers, perhaps only through attending a summer's eve. party or bumping into each other at a local food spot, bar...Again, I feel so utterly impressed that WebSleuth members put this together and reported it; not nice that NT acted as though he'd done the leg work himself. And it was quite a feat of legging at that!
Personally? Not playing devils's advocate anymore?
hah hah. Yeah. Yeah. I think this is just how "strange bedfellows" especially in one's youth might be made and maybe now and then they "catch up" by running into each other at a club, and maybe they "hatch-up." JMO!

But DW would not be a peer of JW's. DW was a violent ex-con, and a gang member, a thief. JW , 7 years younger, was a middle class college kid who wanted to join NASCAR. How are they peers ?

DW wasn't always a "gangster." At one point, he was an aspiring Marine. And he came from a well-respected" nice family too.

There's a big hole from when JW played football...to when he got his "dream job" at Autobahn. I wonder if he was ever in trouble with the law? Maybe something expunged from his record?

His departure from Autobahn seems very abrupt. In March, he was still in ads for lessons. Most firings these days require a lengthy period of "documentation" etc. I wonder if SS really needed a "driver" or if he was just being a nice guy and helping a young man out with a temp job till he found something else?

JW is known to have lied during the investigation of a gruesome mass slaying, and appears not to be in trouble with the law at this moment. Just sayin'. It takes a lot for a cop's kid to land in trouble with the law, me thinks. You try that and see how it works out for you.

I sound like I'm beating a drum here. I'm just saying I think there's plenty of probable cause to keep looking at him.

I'm sure there's a grand jury investigation happening. Hopefully there are some good sleuths in there to assist the prosecutors.

? in own car? - Y (IMO it is well documented that all of SS cars were at the house. Also police impounded JW's BMW.
? If JW did not send $ pic to gf... IFIRK it is documented that his GF showed her phone pics to LE.

I think it's documented that W2 showed her phone to LE. I have only seen MSM say "apparently his girl friend", which then took off. Not confirmed as his GF, AFAIK.

I don't think we have ever hear the whereabouts of the Bentley, although I agree he drove his car to the S house to deliver the money. Should be easy for LE to see what car he drove from there to Chantilly.

JMO

But DW was not an aspiring Marine during the window of time that the two fathers lived close to each other. He was already a felon and an ex-con and a gang member.

As I was driving around this morning and waving at all the traffic cameras today I thought...

Flashback to the 70s in DC...will it be an "unknown person" who DW will say he never met... Or they met in parking garages or at HoJos and the person was in disguise....they just communicated via text and phone, using burner phones, of course...and DW just invaded the home and took the S family and VF hostage...and other unknowns did the murders...

And it occurred to me his family hired an immigration attorney so DW can spill the beans, cut a deal, and get deported to Guyana. JMO

I'm thinking they hired an immigration attorney because they or friends have used him in the past, so personal recommendation. JMO

Have we seen a full name and DOB in public records or the media? I recall that someone found a court case for a vehicle registration or tags problem. I don't recall seeing his details.

I am not sure is we are allowed to post. Just Google Prince George case lookup. It is the last one on the list.

Did he ever say he got the money someplace else? I thought the only part of that story that changed was that the accountant did not give JW the money in a manila envelope, but took 4 stacks of money out of his pockets and put it in JW's red lined bag. I don't recall the location changing or even whether JW went into the bank or not.

View attachment 76508

Thanks for posting the doc again. After reading it again, it's even more clear that after seeing JW's text/pic of the money (IMO after STUDYING the pic) they believe there were two bundles of cash in the bag. The technical language that specified what was "visible" to them was just about the money wrappers. There is no wording whatsoever that suggests they feel there could be more bundles in the bag. I'm not quite ready to buy that the photo was a visual trick in which two bundles were there but perfectly invisible due to their placement. Possible, but unlikely. You would have to stage that kind of shot quite purposefully to hide them completely.

Also, the doc says photos, plural. Which is interesting. Wonder what the other photos showed.

JW's parents were divorced. His Mom had a nice house that she got in the divorce. So JW might have lived with Mom instead of Dad. But even if he did live with his Dad, I thought I had read that his Dad was LE. Would his Dad want JW hanging out with a gangster in the neighborhood? Would they even have anything in common?

Also, 348 feet sounds very close. But how many other 'doors' were also within that 348 feet? Were there dozens of other apartments within that area? It looks like it is 2 huge apartment complexes. If it was two little houses just 348 feet apart, then I would assume they met each other. But if it is 348 feet full of other apartments, then it lessens the likelihood, imo.

I think that if you looked at the probability that two people who have lived/had relatives within 348 feet of one another and both have ties to a murdered family, both within a few hundred yards of a vehicle tied to the same case, they would be infinitesimally small given that the state of Maryland has over 12,000 square miles. JMO.

DW was an ex con, gang member. JW was a college kid with a cop for a father. I doubt they hung out together at all. JMO

Look at you with another nugget I did not know (JW dad)!

I would have to agree 100% with you. In fact that could also fuel my speculation that perhaps this is why JW has only had a minor traffic thing thus far in his life if we are going along the lines that he's theoretically more involved.

My own opinion from experience: When you're the immediate family of LE, you don't get any tickets unless you're involved in something very very serious. Or unless you're abusing the courtesy or getting in so much trouble you make the LE you're related to look like they have a total jerk/loser in their immediate family. I'll also add- I am married to LE and I just make it a point to NOT do anything illegal or speed or text while drive or anything- (because I've got precious baby/kid cargo and bc I would be so embarrassed getting pulled over and then they realize who I am when they see my DSA id.)

Anyway- tangent. But that's just one angle. Honestly I hope JW is innocent. His dad is probably sick over it. :(

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Watching the 20-20 on demand now w sick kids on couch :) tell me what to look out for then we can discuss!!!

I stayed up late to watch it when it was first on and I was sorely disappointed. :(

Yes I just posted right above about his courtesy possibility (check it out!)

and DW could have been doing the marines just to get citizenship sooner. Or because he is a psychopath and always looking for a position of power- not realizing how hard boot camp and being a marine would be. He thought it would be a cake walk but dropped out when he realized the reality.

Very true. He could know none of them. But one thing I was thinking about is the DW seems like kind of guy who would draw attention to himself. I imagine there were some neighbors who thought he was scary as anything. Seems like he might be hard to miss and there might be chatter about him. A hard dude to miss IF he lived right by you for a time.

I wonder. Except for when he goes off, it seems like he has mostly been described (by his dad's neighbors, for example) as quiet. I don't think he went around looking like the monster in his mug shots most of the time. If we didn't know what he's been accused of doing, would we look at him twice? JMO

Yeah, totally possible that the two families never crossed paths. However, I think it's important to note that two people can know each other, or know OF each other, without liking each other, having a lot in common or hanging out together. I know that's kind of obvious, but a crime seems like a biz transaction. You're looking for a willing partner with the right skill set, not necessarily a buddy.

As I read the People Magazine article, the magazine cites NT as a source. That is different than NT taking credit.

Ugh I knew I didn't like that guy! I helped sleuth that. Ban him nowwwwww! We deserve credit! :pitchfork:

He seems like he is trying to capitalize on this for traffic and $$ on his page.

I think that if you looked at the probability that two people who have lived/had relatives within 348 feet of one another and both have ties to a murdered family, both within a few hundred yards of a vehicle tied to the same case, they would be infinitesimally small given that the state of Maryland has over 12,000 square miles. JMO.

It wasn't feet away IMO.
IMO if there was any link btwn JW and DW the police would have arrested JW. Apparently his story has checked out via independent sources. Tomorrow will be five weeks since the murder. JW was the first one investigated. IMO he's been determined to be only a witness and not involved

image.jpg

#tenuous

We have only been alerted to two individuals in the SW: DW and JW.

We don't know who else might be "on the radar" that could provide the linkage between the two. For example, I have a business with a friend. At one point, my partner suggested that her cousin, who was unemployed, could do some work for us.

If I were arrested...and the Cousin mentioned as a "liar" in LE documents. Sleuthers might argue that though we live in the same town, he is ten years older and we don't "move on the same circles."

But we have a "connector"....

We just don't know at this point. JW could have been put together with DW as a man to help with this "project" but another brother, an old neighbor, ...lots of people.

Or JW might just be a "man more sinned against, than sinning." We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1