DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all want answers - but- lest not forget- at the cost of jeopardizing an investigation- especially combined with the ATF, FBI, and Secret Service.

Additional tidbit- I am sure being on embassy row in close proximity to VP, other foreign dignitaries, etc, has a lot to do with secret service being involved, but I do know for a fact that the secret service also gets involved when financial crimes are committed- link for reference: http://www.secretservice.gov/faq.shtml#faq5

Not that it means anything but its pretty cool to read up on all that they do.
Thank you for you polite and informative response. It is well that you reminded me of the wider context in which this case is set and the implications of the Secret Service involvement. This puts my complaint in perspective as I see we are not dealing with a case involving only local LE, but federal entities. I look forward to reading up!

WS's, we've discussed many times that the risk of DW's staying overnight and getting the
$40,000 drop was probably SS's idea to buy time "or" to appease DW and Co.

So what if the $$$ DW expected/wanted was found in the home and DW and Co left that night? Then there wouldn't have been the need for odd phone call to NG, or the scurry of phone calls to accountant, AIW employee or JW. There wouldn't have been a money drop, or the JW lies. (Or pizza)

My question is this: if the in and out-get rich quick plan had succeeded, would we still be giving JW the side eye? (Because if he was involved... then he was involved with the first plan too)

What clues would we have? The only thing I can come up with... Is that JW was familiar
with the SS family's schedule, including (probably) the housekeepers.

Makes sense. Makes good sense.

With very genuine respect, I do have to ask if you truly do dismiss what WS's found as a worthwhile connection. Do you believe that it is only a coincidence that JW's dad lived in an apt that was 348 feet from the apt where DW lived. (JW's dad lived in that particular apt for 5 years when JW was 17-22 years old.) This is in addition to the fact that their various family members still live in very close proximity in the same area. Sure, there is a chance that the two guys might have not crossed paths directly, especially because it seems like DW migrates amongst family members, but we're talking yards, not miles. People who live in that close proximity (and have big families in DW's case) really, really, really might know of each other or have mutual connections. That doesn't feel very loose to me. Does it you?

Well, now that you put it that way. I do not know how close JW was to his father between the ages you mention. Just Anecdotal: I did not grow up in the house my mother has occupied for the last forty years, but I did know her past neighbors, and I do know her current ones! I fact, I even have her next door neighbors' phone numbers. Some apartment complexes tend to a bit of mixing, whether through kids, or the community pool, or occasional open-door party. It would not seem strange to me if a teenage boy, whether living with his dad, or just visiting, should know some of the neighbors, especially peers, perhaps only through attending a summer's eve. party or bumping into each other at a local food spot, bar...Again, I feel so utterly impressed that WebSleuth members put this together and reported it; not nice that NT acted as though he'd done the leg work himself. And it was quite a feat of legging at that!
Personally? Not playing devils's advocate anymore?
hah hah. Yeah. Yeah. I think this is just how "strange bedfellows" especially in one's youth might be made and maybe now and then they "catch up" by running into each other at a club, and maybe they "hatch-up." JMO!

Oh...I do think that's one way LE has been able to verify JWs story. By video...cameras in Lowes, cameras on the roadways and perhaps cameras from SS neighbors surveillance systems.
Between cameras and cell phones Americans are tracked almost constantly

Have they verified his story? I thought he said he was going to work at the dojo, but all LE could verify was that he was in Lowes from 11:30-12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why then would JW plan all this and not wait until after the HK was gone for the day...what did she add to the end game?
Hm. This is a real gotcha. Did whomever planned it care, as long as just women folk and a child in the house? Sure, the less the better as less people to come look for them.
Could it be that Mrs. Figueroa was the point of vulnerability? They could grab her with ease and then round up the others and then get AS to call SS?
But sure, best to wait until only AS and PS there.
So, then a person with knowledge of HKing sched not as likely involved since best to wait til VF gone? You got the "point of vulnerability" in my case. I dunno.

Secret Service and Diplomatic Security protect embassies. http://fas.org/irp/threat/inman/part09.htm

The Panel notes that the protection afforded to diplomatic missions is typically a function of police activity as exemplified by post standing, uniformed presence, roving patrols, and marked police vehicles. The facility itself receives the protection, not individuals. For the protection of foreign missions, the Uniformed Division of the Secret Service (a federal police agency under the direction of the Secretary of the Treasury) provides protective services to those missions only in the Washington, D.C. area

The Australian Ambassador's residence is directly across the street from the Savapolous home (address 3120 Cleveland Avenue NW) so according to this the perimeter of the Ambassador's residence would be protected by roving patrols by Secret Service uniform division agents.

The Australian Ambassador's residence is directly across the street from the Savapolous home (address 3120 Cleveland Avenue NW) so according to this the perimeter of the Ambassador's residence would be protected by roving patrols by Secret Service uniform division agents.

Yes and it's been mentioned before that the neighborhood had its own patrol.

Have they verified his story? I thought he said he was going to work at the dojo, but all LE could verify was that he was in Lowes from 11:30-12.

Gut-feeling, did not verify his various stories (never was just one!). Busy verifying he lied and verifying his participation. PURE SPECULATION
JF is not a suspect or POI in this case. He has not been charged with any crime or minor violation in relation to this case.

What would've been there respective ages and that of DW's brother? Might have met at the pool or basketball court or flirting with neighborhood girls.

Um, YEAH. Young people are social. And the boys of a same age find each other, and sadly, the less they have on going at home, the more they hang out trying to find something.

Thank you for you polite and informative response. It is well that you reminded me of the wider context in which this case is set and the implications of the Secret Service involvement. This puts my complaint in perspective as I see we are not dealing with a case involving only local LE, but federal entities. I look forward to reading up!

Yeah! No worries :)

I totally get the frustration- I want this to be solved like yesterday. We are all just worried about these rare aberrations of the human form being put to justice so they can never can victimize anyone again. They will get their just desserts. Jail is NOT a happy place for anyone arrested in connection with this case right now. Prison won't be either.

I totally get the frustration- I want this to be solved like yesterday. We are all just worried about these rare aberrations of the human form being put to justice so they can never can victimize anyone again. They will get their just desserts. Jail is NOT a happy place for anyone arrested in connection with this case right now. Prison won't be either.

I don't know about that. I was shocked at how much freedom Sweat and Matt had in prison up in NY!

I don't know about that. I was shocked at how much freedom Sweat and Matt had in prison up in NY!

Oh that is such a huge glaring error on their part. It's embarassing. Prison is a horrible place though- that's for sure. 10000% guaranteed for someone who hurt a child. Child abusers (in any form) are very low on the food chain in prison. That warden will be packing light- my feeling is that he will be retiring soon.

I just want to remind everyone that the blog that attempts to take credit, on May 27th, for finding the link between the two addresses on 85th Ave/Lanham & New Carrollton, took this credit for this find THREE DAYS after the combined effort of three Websleuth members that resulted in this exact find. We generated the google maps showing the distance between the two addresses on May 24th! Then, one of the three of us called the find into MPD before NT ever posted this article. MPD was aware of the connection because a WS member called in the tip.

The NT "find" was not "an exclusive" bombshell!

Also, I believe the blogger misunderstood the source he used for his article when he said JW didn't answer the 11:45 am call. IIRC, the original story said JW didn't return calls on Wednesday (the week after the murders) in the same sentence that it mentioned the 11:45 call. There has been a lot of confusion, as it sounds like JW didn't answer the 11:45 call, but I don't think LE has said if JW answered that call. It was stated that the call was the last incoming or outgoing call from SS' phone.

Again, why do we think the money came from the bank that morning? The only reference I remember to the bank was the part of JW's statement he admitted was a lie.

I think it's at least suggestive that the warrant for JW's car included bank statements from BofA.

Chief Lanier is usually very communicative, and I wouldn't be surprised if, as in the past when we had violent crime in the immediate area, there was a Liaison Officer assigned to this case to interact with people who live nearby in Upper Northwest. I'd be willing to bet if someone who still lives there asks, she'd arrange a community briefing. The problem is, tactics and methods as well as specifics of the investigation won't be discussed, even if they agree to talk with residents.

The secret service is involved solely because of the money. Embassies are guarded by the Federal Protective Service and, in any event, there were no foreign officials involved. Proximity wouldn't do it.

I have no idea why the secret service is involved. Can you please provide a link to the source of your information?

Thank you so for your empathetic response!

Oh, I agree. Personally I don't see JW aligning himself with DW.

They're both tied to tough neighborhoods, both community college drop outs, both show impulse control problems. From my vantage, JW had the advantage of good communication skills and is not prone to physical violence. I don't get why JW being a confident speaker gets him so much credibility.

Has anyone seen anything on what JW was up to work wise between high school and when he says his pursuit of an interest in racing began? That's a five year gap, at least. I suspect this gap is why people think of him as a kid from his bio. He skips from high school concussions from sports, to his go-karts. Was he just hanging around, idle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz