DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. This is a real gotcha. Did whomever planned it care, as long as just women folk and a child in the house? Sure, the less the better as less people to come look for them.
Could it be that Mrs. Figueroa was the point of vulnerability? They could grab her with ease and then round up the others and then get AS to call SS?
But sure, best to wait until only AS and PS there.
So, then a person with knowledge of HKing sched not as likely involved since best to wait til VF gone? You got the "point of vulnerability" in my case.
I dunno.

Not necessarily. Because there is possibly a strong pattern here. Part 1 of the pattern, which has not been confirmed but only speculated about is that perhaps it was AS driving the speeding Porsche toward the mansion on Wednesday afternoon. Possibly because she received a call from home regarding PS. I don't think the presence of VF represented any physical threat at all to DW. I think the green construction vest may very well have been used to gain entry or blend in with surroundings. DW may or may not have known whether AS was home or if the HK was there still. But I think he did have SOME idea that someone was there. It was the middle of the afternoon. A strange time to just end up at that particular neighborhood and at that particular house. Definitely a plan in place and not a random or impulsive decision to pick the S household.

Part 2 of pattern is the phone call SS received from AS telling him to come home because she had to leave the house and he needed to watch PS. Interesting that both AS and SS were summoned to the home instead of being allowed to just show up unexpectedly. If that is indeed what happened. And good thinking on the part of DW, IMO.

There is a reason this house was CHOSEN. Do we know for sure that a withdrawal of cash was planned BEFORE SS left for home on Wednesday. If so, what had been the arrangement for its delivery? Or did SS only begin trying to get cash after arriving home? I feel I should know this by now. If anybody does know, please chime in.

Looking at the charging documents again made me wonder why they ever focused on the question of what bag/envelope the money was in, "W-1 was also questioned about what the money was contained in when IT received the money from the other employee. W-1 admitted that it had lied when IT stated the money was in a manilla envelope when IT recieved the money from the other employee."

Why were they questioning JW about the container? Was it because they already had the texts with the pictures of the money? Or would there be some other reason why they would not just take at face value his first story that the money was in an envelope? Maybe they had already spoken with EMPLOYEE who told LE that he had put the money in his pockets?

Totally a hunch, but they probably wanted to know why he had half the money (two bundles, one without a wrapper, as was visible in the pic) loose in his own red lined bag. What kind of corporate accountant would give a 28-year-old driver $40k without at least putting into an envelope--heck, even a folded piece of paper. It's ludicrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WOW! Wint is giving someone up!

"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...rt-has-new-attorney-114804.html#ixzz3dJqkwRKu
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

"{Wint} believes that once people begin to understand who else was out there and what was going on, they're going to see him in a very different light," Hanover said. "I think it's fair to say that he feels at this time that he was definitely set up."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...rt-has-new-attorney-114804.html#ixzz3dJqkwRKu

Well. Maybe he is just the snuggly puppy ficker made him out to be?

I think if anything changed from their initial statements, they would have let us know. I'm guessing they already have the perps in their sites and are keeping a close eye on them. LE doesn't need our help and they don't want to tip off perp(s) who are surely dying to know what LE is doing. JMO

:moo: LE ensured they got the information out to the community and or the perps by purposely :Moo: having Media allow them to film them playing with Dials on a safe and going through paperwork, that obviously was not burned up, on the second floor. I don't know the reason, but I believe that they did that on purpose. Just *too good* a camera angle of them playing with a dial on the safe and going through the paperwork.

Have they verified his story? I thought he said he was going to work at the dojo, but all LE could verify was that he was in Lowes from 11:30-12.

IMO his not being arrested after being investigated means LE has verified his account of his involvement
The proof is in the pudding
JMO

Maybe it's the exact opposite of prior speculation- MY own opinion of course- what if we just switch the nefarious-ness of the speculated roles of DW vs. JW.

Could explain the intense hatred for PS, after he got canned from the position of being his "coach" in favor of new coach? (all theoretical of course)

Also I think now that he seems to have retained counsel that he chose, maybe they will start to put pressure on LE for disovery documents for the first hearings?

I saw the GMA report too and I'm sure we all know who's going to be plan B in this crime. Shaking my head but it doesn't surprise me from the defense angle.

I wonder if it's somewhere in-between. Please point out my errors, because I'm sure I'm missing some things. This supports JW not being involved in the crime.

*SS told JW on Wednesday night to go to AIW to pick up a package. JW takes his red lined bag, anticipating a package.
*Thursday morning, JW arrives at AIW. Accountant meets JW and they go to the bank. Although going to the bank is not necessary because...
*Accountant hands JW a manila envelope to be delivered to SS.
*JW at this point has not been told what is in the envelope, because WHY WOULD YOU TELL THIS GUY HE'S DELIVERING $40,000?!
*JW is curious, so he opens the envelope.
*HOLY COW! LOOK AT ALL THAT MONEY! He puts it in his red lined bag, removes BofA wrapper from a stack, fans it out for effect, takes a pic and sends it to W2. (I'm still not 100% sure it's his girlfriend. I don't think that was ever confirmed.)
*JW cannot re-seal the envelope, so now he needs to go buy a new manila envelope so no one knows he opened the first one and played with the money. (This explains the 1.5 hr trip from Hyattsville to S house which is a fair amount of time, even at rush hour.) I doubt he just happened to have a manila envelope in his car.
*JW puts the money in the new envelope and seals it. Puts it in the unlocked Mosler.
*Lies because he thinks he's smarter than everyone else and has no idea that LE is already way ahead of him by the time they sit down with him.

JMO.

This makes a lot of sense to me. He broke open the money and then covered that up.

I don't see how living 350 ish feet apart in a complex in which there are many residents is all that compelling, especially since we don't know how long they were ever there at the same time. There's a lot of speculation about them running into each other and striking up some kind of conversation but if you look at these guys I don't see them doing that. They are very different. If there was an actual connection I think we would know.

As for the Secret Service, I don;t know that they are all that involved at this point. I know they were there the day of the fire but maybe they just wandered over from the Veep's mansion out of concern there was something going on in the neighborhood. They have said they are analyzing SS' finances but without more this just doesn't sound like a currency crime. Financial crimes and currency crimes are two different things.

As for DW's lawyer talking about how he was set up -- yet another sign of incompetence. This guy has not reviewed the discovery, he hasn't had a chance to see what evidence the government has, but he's launching into a theory. Big mistake. You'll also notice DW's previous, much more professional, lawyers did not go running to the cameras to give interviews. I predict DW eventually fires these guys. if not, I predict he pleads out. I don;t see them actually taking the case to trial.

Maybe it's the exact opposite of prior speculation- MY own opinion of course- what if we just switch the nefarious-ness of the speculated roles of DW vs. JW.

Could explain the intense hatred for PS, after he got canned from the position of being his "coach" in favor of new coach? (all theoretical of course)

Also I think now that he seems to have retained counsel that he chose, maybe they will start to put pressure on LE for disovery documents for the first hearings?

But DW has the history of violence and uncontrolled anger. JW does not.

As I've written before the hearing won;t happen, a grand jury will issue an indictment instead. At that point, DW's lawyers will have a right to get discovery. They may be getting some initially but I doubt it. A trial date will be set but it will slip. This is going to take a long time to play out.

Which of these responsibilities applies to this crime? I would say money laundering, but SeSe was on the scene before Wint was even named as a suspect.

My only guess is the close proximity to the VP residence and Embassy row

What would've been there respective ages and that of DW's brother? Might have met at the pool or basketball court or flirting with neighborhood girls.

Darrell Wint (picked up in the convoy) and JW are the same age.

But DW has the history of violence and uncontrolled anger. JW does not.

As I've written before the hearing won;t happen, a grand jury will issue an indictment instead. At that point, DW's lawyers will have a right to get discovery. They may be getting some initially but I doubt it. A trial date will be set but it will slip. This is going to take a long time to play out.

Ah I was thinking DC had a similar equivalent to a Huntley hearing like here in NY before going to grand jury.

Glad we have a lawyer here!

I definitely don't doubt the violence level on DW part. Definitely just speculating- because that (IMO ) a crazy scenario.

What's your opinion on the people taken in for questioning when DW was arrested?

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

For this to have any chance of working (short of an indictment) wint will have to testify. I don't see that happening. IMO

This is why I believe he fired the public Defender and got new representation. So that the defense lawyers that work with him can do this type of spin. :moo: . This type of comment by a defense lawyer seems to me typical "oddi" ( other dude did it) deflection.

haha ... jmo... Wint is feeding his lawyer a story, like they all do, and once his lawyer starts getting the evidence he will see that. imo

This is why I believe he fired the public Defender and got new representation. So that the defense lawyers that work with him can do this type of spin. :moo: . This type of comment by a defense lawyer seems to me typical "oddi" ( other dude did it) deflection.

Lol...poor DW was invited over to eat pizza and watch movies with the family. Then SODDI kicked in the door and started beating people with a baseball bat! He's lucky he escaped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55