DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at DW. younger brother's MySpace page.

Examine. I am guessing who the tech guy is. Examine the background. Taking the DVR. May have been a family member or friend. The pic seemed familiar to me. I could be wrong!!!!! JMO. I have no clue. My guess looking at the clothes, hairstyles it is 8 to 10 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't able to see a header only some pictures. What did you think you saw?

True. But my theory is that SS had known JW awhile. From the autobahn. He liked/trusted him enough to hire him. He trusted him to drive him and to handle some errands and trusted him to take care of his prized cars. JMO but SS had to set up this ransom transaction. To coordinate the bank transaction and ensure delivery of the money. It was vital to him. SS naively believed this maniac would leave if he arranged to get him some cash. DW no doubt monitored the communication but I do think SS suggested that after the accountant got the money from the banker that giving it to the driver would make sense. The driver would be less likely to ask questions and to follow the instructions. Another thought is SS had probably known his accountant a long time. Perhaps he was afraid the madman was planning to take hostage or harm whoever brought over the money? Maybe he thought a 28 year old guy had a better shot fighting back if attacked than a middle aged bean counter?
JMO but there is no connection established yet (5 weeks later) btwn JW and DW...zero. Therefore there is no reason DW would "ask" that JW deliver it. It's my opinion that LE has thoroughly investigated JW bcse: he delivered the ransom and bcse his story changed. The fact is that after five weeks of investigation of JW LE has not charged him with anything and not named him as anything other than a WITNESS

They also haven't named anyone else as anything other than a witness, and I believe we're going to have someone else charged at some point. Could be JW, could be someone else. Could be soon or could be in months. Just because someone hasn't yet been charged doesn't mean they won't be (or will be). LE has never backed away from their contention that more than one person was involved. JMO

I am not sure is we are allowed to post. Just Google Prince George case lookup. It is the last one on the list.

He was born in March 1987 in San Antonio, TX. His parents were officially divorced in 1997. This info re: divorce can be found under the parents respective names on Maryland court records. He would have been ten then and DW's brother is the exact same age as JW.

Audited Accounting, i.e. added missing links:

$1,000 DW paid Uber livery NY to DC- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iller-spent-1-000-cab-NY-DC-flee-manhunt.html

$10,000 in cash in truck - http://www.washingtonpost.com/posttv...4ae_video.html video @01:06

$10,000 in money orders in car - http://abcnews.go.com/2020/video/man...ctims-31738740 video @6:45

$5,000 in money orders cashed by two women after the arrest - http://www.scoopnest.com/user/AC360/603358164893962240
2 people w/ #MansionMurders suspect #Wint during his arrest cashed money orders for $2,500 - @PamelaBrownCNN reports

Total $26,000

I also do not know most of my neighbors. I have not since I was a kid in a different time and place. My husband and I both work and in survival mode while trying to raise entitled kids who have been given a lot because we were from working class backgrounds and did not want our kids to "suffer". Again, diff board as I applaud stay at home parents.

My kids know every kid. From the top to the bottom. They have all this free time because they never have suffered. They are spoiled. I have seen kids on the mugshots list in my town. It is different than when some of us were kids. The jock, academic, slouchers, pot head borders have slurred over the years. Our kids face so much pressure from SM. Some of us were in groups.

Sad state of affairs. Bottom line if anyone young follows this board. Do not break the law. It is really that simple to me. Do not harm, do not steal. Trust your parents and teachers. Be honest with LE and hire an attorney before you open your mouth. Again, naive.

OT: I don't believe we spoil our kids with things. We spoil them if we give them things instead of parenting. So don't worry so much. :)
JMO

I think that if you looked at the probability that two people who have lived/had relatives within 348 feet of one another and both have ties to a murdered family, both within a few hundred yards of a vehicle tied to the same case, they would be infinitesimally small given that the state of Maryland has over 12,000 square miles. JMO.
And, when you add in the fact that both worked, at some time, for the same murdered man.

Fine if he wanted to credit WSers and publicize their fine work in his use of it, but I think he plain out committed an act of intellectual theft, in ethical terms--I know what he did is not illegal as WSers hold no copyright and that is not the grievance.
Has anyone put the record straight on his blog or contacted him? Can we? Should we?
Can we write to or comment at People.com?
Just the record straight. No need for remonstrance.

Good luck with that. Hope you don't mind if he digs into your background. :)

Personally, even if SS told JW the night before, BUT the AIWs pulled out 40k from their pocket, I cannot believe he would have would have snapped a photo. and told LE conflicting stories. But the problem is the timing, possible ties in our retrospect, and the discrepancy between a bag and envelope w/I hours of the murder. Nervous or not. How does one snap a photo with half and then transport to an envelope? As far as I know, DW was not found with 40. Approximation, is glaring.

I honestly am hoping he is not involved. If it walks like a duck...etc. We still do not know where JW was on Wed night. Or., many posts later did I miss it?

This isn't correct. if the person is not in custody you can "interrogate" them -- question them -- as much as you like without reading them their rights. They are free to leave. You need BOTH custody and interrogation for Miranda rights, not one or the other.

Right you are! No interrogation without custody, but what constitutes custody every single time--well, that is what attorneys argue about.
So usually it has come to be actual arrest as in cuffs.
And cops will tend to avoid questioning you in an environment you can later claim was hostile.
Now where--and I assume you must be a criminal lawyer, so feel free to correct me--you misspoke was when you defined and equated "'interrogate' them" with your appositional noun phrase "'question'them." Your grammatical construction here implies that one is the same as the other--question and interrogate.

Interrogation is a particular line of questioning which I discuss briefly in the post you quoted.

Not all questioning is interrogation.
But you know your law well, so you probably did not mean to imply it is.

They also haven't named anyone else as anything other than a witness, and I believe we're going to have someone else charged at some point. Could be JW, could be someone else. Could be soon or could be in months. Just because someone hasn't yet been charged doesn't mean they won't be (or will be). LE has never backed away from their contention that more than one person was involved. JMO

They have charged Wint. IMO they have investigated JW and found no link between him and Wint. If they had then JW would be in jail. JMO but if there is another person involved it'll be Wints brother or someone he's very close with

If we are talking child molester (but probably have to PROVE), could be a liability to employer if in next job a child is abused and the previous employer never mentioned the risk.
Many companies today to avoid defamation suits or suits claiming a person lost a job to their reference, there's a blanket policy--just say she worked here.
So right. You are right to say it is not illegal to tell the truth as an assessment of a person's performance,, the good and the bad.
But it would be a problem to say "We suspected so and so had such and such" and possibly incur a suit because if you did not make a report to authorities, win a claim against your employee, you open yourself up to legal action.
I agree that in JW's case he probably really screwed up for the reasons you state.
I think his former employer just wanted him to go away quietly.
I think he turned out to be "bad news" of some sort and that your speculation about his firing rings true!

I'm not sure my curiosity about his firing rises to the level of speculation, but my gut tells me it would have to be pretty serious to fire the longest-serving employee at the franchise - one who had numerous high-profile responsibilities and was a company-sponsored race car/go cart driver. I personally think it could be an accumulation of lies, that made it impossible for management to know what was true/not. But it could have been theft or chronic tardiness (doubt the latter). I would like to know because it will help inform my understanding of JW's behavior and character. I can not stand liars - it's a big issue for me. I find it hard to believe someone conducts himself with integrity in the majority of his life, but the minute his new employer and family are brutally murdered, he can't put the truth together for LE if his life depended on it. I'm still trying to figure him out. If he's not involved, it might be even scarier, because it just shows that non-violent sociopaths are roaming undetected among us. That may be true, regardless, but I like my sociopaths superficially normal and harmless. :)

JMO

It says in the bubble above, Maracco's, that they were all arrested. The were detained for questioning. This confusing language is just the worst. "Arrested" means something!
OH, sad, link does not work.

Anyone have an alternate for the info?

Hi xanthe:wave: The Search Warrant document linked by Skigirl and others was helpful to me regarding the communication for the package. It's part of the story JW changed. Sections 7 and 8 of the warrant cover this issue. In his second version, we learn JW received a text from SS's phone on Wednesday regarding the package. He didn't actually talk to him.
Hope that helps.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.documen...arch-warrant-for-car-in-savopoulos-family.pdf

Also, the Porsche was automatic. The Mosler, not - part of my theory why the Mosler remained. If not disabled, I bet DW can't drive a stick!

Personally, even if SS told JW the night before, BUT the AIWs pulled out 40k from their pocket, I cannot believe he would have would have snapped a photo. and told LE conflicting stories. But the problem is the timing, possible ties in our retrospect, and the discrepancy between a bag and envelope w/I hours of the murder. Nervous or not. How does one snap a photo with half and then transport to an envelope? As far as I know, DW was not found with 40. Approximation, is glaring.

I honestly am hoping he is not involved. If it walks like a duck...etc. We still do not know where JW was on Wed night. Or., many posts later did I miss it?

I'm interested to learn the final count on the large stack of cash found during the arrest. IMO the police do know JWs whereabouts on Wed night. They also know how much cash DW had...and JW has not been arrested. As Ms. Nancy Grace said on 20/20 "the proof is in the pudding"

And from what I remember, the issue is that it was all circumstantial evidence, because of course his DNA was everywhere because he lived in the house. I am no CSI person, but it would seem easier to find DW's DNA and day "this makes no sense" while they could find JW's DNA anywhere and it could be argued that he was almost part of the family and so it would prove nothing. (Jon Benet?). Maybe even blood.

Good point. And on the cars...and anything in the garage he wants to say he touched.
I do wonder just how much a part of the family he was--I don't mean i challenge that notion at all. I have the same impression you do, yet do not know why I do.
I go by their being FB friends, but I have never been in the houses of 99 percent of my FB friends. I think well, SS let him drive the cars. "Hey Ms. Amy," but he was a familiar type perhaps and that txt could have been a front. He coached his kid. But, I've tutored kids whose houses I have never visited.
I don't know what knowing more about JW's role in the family and degree of closeness to them might tell me.
I just wonder. Thoughts?

I'd like to know if there is more than one accountant and if this is the person hired, 2012, on a work visa that expires in August 2015.

Thank you. I keep wondering about the accountant...no word there from LE.

I thought the women bought and then cashed the money orders to launder the money which would have resulted in part of that cash on board the truck....bringing total to about $20k? They needed cash money that wasn't traceable.

Good catch. Bingo. Yes. That's how I remember it now that you remembered it. JMO

That is the point. The bodies were the last piece of evidence needed to be confident that they could get a conviction. That was long after even my golden retriever knew he was a suspect and many months after he came to be suspected by police. Just because no arrest is made does not mean someone -- like JW -- has been cleared.

YES! hah! Sometimes they suspect for twenty plus years. The worst thing they can do is rush the case, a murder case. No double jeopardy.
Oh, golden retriever--so pretty.

(Snipped to focus on this amazing story)Money is a powerful thing to some. It is not powerful to me because I am realistic. I would never steal or harm someone. Some people have zero morals. I remember YEARS ago, one of my BFFs told me later her brother was the best man at a wedding. The entire family believed he orchestrated the robbery while he was acting as the best man. I have zero doubt. He is still a loser and milks everyone. Never really worked a day in his life. But a great thief.

Now that's a fable -I mean a true teaching story making the point of exactly what you said. OMG!! How betrayed the groom must have felt!

I will have to eat a haberdashery worse of hats if I am wrong in my speculations about JW (and I well could be), but oh it is awful to think anyone could so betray others' trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1