DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if we learn anything new but there is a voicemail I had not heard before.

The second voicemail I think is same one from before but I can't hear the scream in the background like we could before (thankfully but still.)What I can hear is a metal click or similar at beginning.

Wondering if this is a knife against the chair or a gun click?

Also, wondering why they chose to release the one from Amy to NG.

I'm local and hope this sweet family gets justice soon.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...on_type_map=["og.comments"]&action_ref_map=[]

So in that sense- maybe w JW its just the way he speaks- maybe he's dead in the water without his phone like I am - I have to refer to texts for everything- like pick up times for kids, grocery lists or items to pick up at the store that I have H text me- otherwise I would remember ZERO things.

I'd be a horrible police witness lol. Just horrendous.

I can also see how its suspicious that JW just made up details. Maybe he was ashamed that he took pics of the money (because his online presence often refers to something like "cash, money, power" or something like that)- maybe he was super embarassed that he was snapping selfies w cash while his boss/family was being tortured and set on fire?

Dunno. All speculation- my own opinions, etc.

Snipped and BBM: I understand the need to refer to the phone for exact time call was received, re-reading texts for pick-up times or reminders of what to get at the grocery store. JW should not have been "dead in the water" as to whether he'd received a text the evening before regarding a package pick-up from the accountant in Hyattsville.

Not sure if we learn anything new but there is a voicemail I had not heard before.

The second voicemail I think is same one from before but I can't hear the scream in the background like we could before (thankfully but still.)What I can hear is a metal click or similar at beginning.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...on_type_map=["og.comments"]&action_ref_map=[]

I think that click sound might have to do with something the news people did to the audio to remove the screams in the background. (At least, it comes in at the point where the other sound used to come in.)

This voicemail from AS to NG was the week before the murders. And what I find odd is that AS is telling NG that SS decided to open a karate studio. It sounds from the context of the call that this would be "breaking news" to NG. Something she was unaware of beforehand. Odd because so much was made of how close they all were. Listen and see if you get the same impression.

This voicemail from AS to NG was the week before the murders. And what I find odd is that AS is telling NG that SS decided to open a karate studio. It sounds from the context of the call that this would be "breaking news" to NG. Something she was unaware of beforehand. Odd because so much was made of how close they all were. Listen and see if you get the same impression.

IMO The most significant news in this report is this:
" A grand jury has been convened in D.C., which could lead to more felony charges. Only Wint has been charged in connection with the crime, though others are believed to have been involved."

Maybe more information will be released, maybe not. At least it's a sign of progress in the case if not for WSers.

IMO The most significant news in this report is this:
" A grand jury has been convened in D.C., which could lead to more felony charges. Only Wint has been charged in connection with the crime, though others are believed to have been involved."

Maybe more information will be released, maybe not. At least it's a sign of progress in the case if not for WSers.

So am I remembering correctly that the GJ hearing is July 2?

June 10 CNN

A law enforcement official tells CNN that a grand jury has convened in this case and some of Wint's family members have been subpoenaed.

I bet they found other DNA, but if they don't have a match they can't identify whose it is. DW was already in the system that is why it came up.

Unless the DNA is DW's brother in which case DNA would be almost identical. - could they even tell a difference?

IIRC July 2 is the next court date for Wint if the prelim is happening

image.jpg
Strudel on The Island then taking the dogs for a beach run

Unless the DNA is DW's brother in which case DNA would be almost identical. - could they even tell a difference?

Yes, they can distinguish between siblings' DNA. Unless they are identical twins.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

"Originally Posted by katydid23 If he did not deliver the $, where did all the cash that DW had come from?"

Q: Was $40,000 amt - discussed as amt acct'ant provided to JW - actually stated in SW or LE presser?
AIW acct'ant ---> $40,000 ---> JW, who delivered some or all to S home, where DW picked up what-ev amt, & took it w him.
Acct'ant's act in providing this to JW seems to be last reliably known/reported $ amt provided to JW.
Reliable if based on -
- BoA hard copy & e-records of w/drawal $ amt, and
- BoA surv cam of teller transaction w acct'ant - handing over, and
- acct'ant's truthful stmt to LE.
If acct'ant provided < $40,000 to JW, then when GF texted JW 'how much?' JW's text w/not have said 40 ($40,000), imo.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.
snipped
If I am reading this right, I think one of the questions is whether the acct stated that he got out $40k? LE did say in the docs that the acct said that he got four bundles equaling $40k from B of A.

The docs didn't indicate how the acct said he passed those on to JW.

Any evidence collected during a search is admitted at trial. If the SW was granted under false pretenses, the evidence can be tossed. Affidavits are sworn statements. If LE is later found to have falsified a statement, by saying they believed something when they didn't for example, that can produce what is called "fruit of the poisoned tree". I think you must not have read the part of my post that was written in black. Also, I believe LE is working as a team, not every (wo)man for her/himself.

A search warrant itself is not admitted as evidence. The wording, "this affiant believes" is as it is because the affiant is only speaking for himself. Good luck to Wint's defense attorney if he wants to waste time trying to prove the officer lied and the search warrant isn't legal.

JMO

I bet they found other DNA, but if they don't have a match they can't identify whose it is. DW was already in the system that is why it came up.

That is a tough one. I bet I have the DNA and fingerprints all over my house from my son's friends, neighbors, the two guys working on our stairs, the people who rented my house while we were gone, my coworker, my girlfriends who just came over....

That said, you'd think someone extreme enough to be able to commit those atrocious acts would have DNA on file and pop up. Maybe DW was the brawn and others didn't spend as much time at the house, or had more limited involvement. (Said no thx to the pizza.)

It does sound like new news in the VM. I'm not sure I hear anything that makes the two sound unusually close. But it was a call about logistics. That said, I'm not sure I ever got the impression that they were all super close, just that NG had worked there for over 20 years or something. That's a long time. At the very least you'd get to know someone a bit. But is she Alice in the Brady Bunch? Probably not.

JW's every word is being obsessed over because he and the poor Hk are the only two people besides DW is allowed to be discussed on this forum. I have been a member here for a very long time, longer than my profile states. Everyone is hanging on every sentence this guy willing volunteered,yet we don't even know the names of DW close relatives and associates. The convoy, girlfriend, family member all get their identities and conversations protected. I don't care if it is a LE tactic,it looks political but there again, not allowed to talk politics, race on this case. what if this was a hate crime perpetrated by two family members? Is it ok to dissect and trash W1 yet not address the elephant in the room?

I'd like to understand better:

Do you think this a politically-motived crime? As in, someone targeted the family because of their politics or for political gain? What does that theory look like?

Also, are you suggesting that the family was targeted strictly because of their race? I think the going notion is that they were targeted because of their wealth and success (and because of some personal contempt held by the perps).

From what I have seen NG IMHO did give the impression of being thisclose to the S family. It seems more professional, even long term but still professional. Like NG did not know anything about the dogo until this call.

Also the click is where LE would have taken out the background of PS saying Noooooo sheeeee Isssssssn't
(When SS is saying Amy is sick in bed ... PS screams out knowing full well his mom is not in bed sick).

From what I have seen NG IMHO did give the impression of being thisclose to the S family. It seems more professional, even long term but still professional. Like NG did not know anything about the dogo until this call.

Also the click is where LE would have taken out the background of PS saying Noooooo sheeeee Isssssssn't
(When SS is saying Amy is sick in bed ... PS screams out knowing full well his mom is not in bed sick).

I agree that NG did not seem particularly chummy/Alice of the Brady Bunch or close with the family. In one interview, she referred to Philip as the little boy and to me that seemed strange she would refer to him as the little boy instead of by name or his nickname "Flip". It does make sense if she was not as close as I once believed.

I wonder why they re-released the recording from Savvas to Nellie again with Philip's screams in the background? I did hear he asked Nellie to text him back so he would know she had received the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123