DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Charging document pg 11 states the decedents were murdered after the $40,000 was delivered to the house by W1

The link you were asked to provide was to your post suggesting JW was suspected by LE of taking a "large chunk" of the $40k and him being the last person to see it
The link you provided was What Cops Found in Car Mansion Murder Suspect Was Traveling In where police were looking for cash in the vehicles involved with Wint

The charging documents also make it clear that JW was the last person to see the money and he told LE he delivered the money and that he admitted he lied and revised his story. Nowhere in the charging documents does it say that LE confirmed JW's last version was true. In fact, it notes neither the manila envelope nor cash was seen in the red car where he claims he left it.

JMO

From the Ford/Chevy SW: Your affiant believes all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000 forty thousand was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by W-1. After all the money was delivered the four decedents were killed.

So as of May 22, LE apparently believes the JW did deliver all $40,000 to the house.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford

It doesn't say what LE believes, it says what JW told them. Those are charging documents for Wint. Obviously, LE is not going to use a witness to keep Wint in jail without bond and then say publicly they don't believe the witness. Wint's attorney would have him on the street immediately.

JMO

Agree. After search warrants..
Wint was found with money and blood on his shoe, JW has not been charged or named as a suspect after searches and interviews

Just because someone isn't a named suspect doesn't mean they aren't a suspect. Cops often don't name suspects prior to their arrest.

JMO

The charging documents also make it clear that JW was the last person to see the money and he told LE he delivered the money and that he admitted he lied and revised his story. Nowhere in the charging documents does it say that LE confirmed JW's last version was true. In fact, it notes neither the manila envelope nor cash was seen in the red car where he claims he left it.

JMO

BBM

Why would it be in the red car still? It was delivered as ransom. And bundles of hundreds were found in the possession of Wint.

The difference between NG and JW is a big one. NG did not drive to the crime scene carrying 40k for the ransom. That right there puts JW in a very suspicious position.

Good point. He was integral to the crime (even if unknowingly) and NG was not.

I suppose if, say, the accountant (who also played an integral role) misspoke and/or was caught lying, that would be a different story. He was probably under extreme duress when being interviewed. But he must have held it together and relayed the events of the day in a way that aligned with what LE knew.

JMO

Yes. The document indicates IMO the police looked into the red vehicle W1 was instructed to leave the 40k in and it was not there indicating the ransom had been removed by the killer.
JW did lie, corrected his story six weeks ago and has not been charged in this crime

It doesn't say what LE believes, it says what JW told them. Those are charging documents for Wint. Obviously, LE is not going to use a witness to keep Wint in jail without bond and then say publicly they don't believe the witness. Wint's attorney would have him on the street immediately.

JMO

This is a direct quote from the Ford/Chevy SW: Your affiant believes all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000 forty thousand was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by W-1. After all the money was delivered the four decedents were killed. BBM

LE can't give different stories on different docs - that would be a nightmare at trial time. The officer requesting the SW is saying that HE believes the money was delivered at the time he wrote the SW application. His opinion may be different by now, or not. IDK. I do know that LE would be doing the defense attorney's work for him if they say they believe different things in different docs, unless they have obtained new information that changed their beliefs in the interim. We don't really know what is in the detective's heart, but we do know that he's going on the record stating he believes the money was delivered. When I have time, I can check to see how it was worded in other docs. Or someone else can do it by going to https://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford and scrolling through the other docs to the right and at the bottom.

LE can't give different stories on different docs - that would be a nightmare at trial time. The officer requesting the SW is saying that HE believes the money was delivered at the time he wrote the SW application. His opinion may be different by now, or not. IDK. I do know that LE would be doing the defense attorney's work for him if they say they believe different things in different docs, unless they have obtained new information that changed their beliefs in the interim. We don't really know what is in the detective's heart, but we do know that he's going on the record stating he believes the money was delivered. When I have time, I can check to see how it was worded in other docs. Or someone else can do it by going to https://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford and scrolling through the other docs to the right and at the bottom.

So true. The words in this document will be used during the trial. They have to be accurate and the state cannot say 'we just said that ' in order to arrest Wint, but really we don't believe it ever happened.

Wallace has not been charged with a crime, and court documents do not name him as a suspect.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...fd3df0-0b96-11e5-9e39-0db921c47b93_story.html

Court documents are sworn by LE

JW was certainly a POI in the beginning, if not now. POI is not a legal term - it just means they think something might be there and they are going to investigate further. If LE believed he was completely uninvolved in the beginning, I don't know that they would have reason to get a SW for his car. They were looking for evidence related to the murders. A completely uninvolved person would not have evidence relating to the murders in his car. Perhaps the SW eliminated JW from suspicious. IDK. I think it's fair to say that as of May 15th, LE believed he may have been involved. We don't know if they now have information that leads them to believe he is not involved. A lot has happened since May 15th - DW's DNA was matched and blood was found on his shoe when he was arrested. We don't know LE's theory of the crime, other than that they stated they believed that DW had help as late as May 22nd.

Your affiant believes all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000 forty thousand was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by W-1. After all the money was delivered the four decedents were killed. BBM

JW was certainly a POI in the beginning, if not now. POI is not a legal term - it just means they think something might be there and they are going to investigate further. If LE believed he was completely uninvolved in the beginning, I don't know that they would have reason to get a SW for his car. They were looking for evidence related to the murders. A completely uninvolved person would not have evidence relating to the murders in his car. Perhaps the SW eliminated JW from suspicious. IDK. I think it's fair to say that as of May 15th, LE believed he may have been involved. We don't know if they now have information that leads them to believe he is not involved. A lot has happened since May 15th - DW's DNA was matched and blood was found on his shoe when he was arrested. We don't know LE's theory of the crime, other than that they stated they believed that DW had help as late as May 22nd.

Your affiant believes all four decedents were held captive by Mr. Wint and others until the $40,000 forty thousand was delivered to the Savopoulos's residence by W-1. After all the money was delivered the four decedents were killed. BBM

I agree, Day 1. He was a crucial witness, communicated with SS, delivered the ransom..and the bonehead lied. So...that moved him into a bad spot. He's now at the top of the list to be investigated. They had to get independent verification and check out each and every aspect of his final accounting. IMO the police verified through text history and context, video, phone history, searches and interviews with other witnesses...and it has apparently, IMO, checked out. Once Wints DNA was found and he was arrested and charged LE has had six weeks to determine if any link exists between them. Nothing. The search of the car? LE again has not named this man a suspect.

His lies and being the delivery guy made it imperative that he be thoroughly investigated immediately. He was and IMO it appears LE does not think he was criminally involved in this

I agree, Day 1. He was a crucial witness, communicated with SS, delivered the ransom..and the bonehead lied. So...that moved him into a bad spot. He's now at the top of the list to be investigated. They had to get independent verification and check out each and every aspect of his final accounting. IMO the police verified through text history and context, video, phone history, searches and interviews with other witnesses...and it has apparently, IMO, checked out. Once Wints DNA was found and he was arrested and charged LE has had six weeks to determine if any link exists between them. Nothing. The search of the car? LE again has not named this man a suspect.

I agree except LE has never backed down from their assertion that DW did not act alone. We don't know who their other POIs are, so we don't know if those POIs have undergone the same scrutiny as JW. As far as we know, no one has been arrested except DW. Maybe LE changed their minds about DW acting alone, but if they haven't, the absence of an arrest doesn't mean someone has been cleared. No one from the convoy has been arrested, but that doesn't mean they won't be.

I agree except LE has never backed down from their assertion that DW did not act alone. We don't know who their other POIs are, so we don't know if those POIs have undergone the same scrutiny as JW. As far as we know, no one has been arrested except DW. Maybe LE changed their minds about DW acting alone, but if they haven't, the absence of an arrest doesn't mean someone has been cleared. No one from the convoy has been arrested, but that doesn't mean they won't be.

Very true. IMO if there are more arrests in this case it'll be a DW relative or convoy member.
JMO but it's very possible DW was looking for money to flee (back to Guyana?) before going to court for his March arrest. Perhaps he faced a long sentence considering his prior criminal history. So he decides on a home invasion. Who to choose...why not that rich SS? He knows him from previous employment of him and his cousin. The guy has fancy cars, a boat, a plane, vacation homes. SS lives in a mansion and has a beautiful wife, who if DW has at knife point, SS will give him money. So he kicks in the door...

I agree. And even if they are never arrested, it doesn't automatically prove that all of their stories were checked out to be true. It could instead just mean that there is not enough evidence as of yet to prove beyond a reasonable doubt they are involved with the crime in a court of law. Or, it could mean those people are working with LE.

NOBODY can say that it is a fact that no arrest after six weeks means everyone who has been under investigation is cleared. (Repeating it again and again doesn't make it so.) Because that logic would fly in the face of other cases where people were arrested after having been investigated for longer than six weeks. People can guess or assume. But that doesn't mean they are right.

On the first, I've always thought it was likely that SS contacted JW the night before, along the lines of "heads up, I'll need you tomorrow morning to pick up a package for me, I'll give you the details in the morning." Then Thursday morning SS contacted JW again with instructions as to where to go for the pickup. This would also explain why JW said he was told to make the pickup that morning, but had a text about it from the night before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Why would JW say he would let him know when he had package. Wouldn't he say "Got your message. Happy to help. Let me know where and when when you have details." I feel like this text is about something else.

I agree. And even if they are never arrested, it doesn't automatically prove that all of their stories were checked out to be true. It could instead just mean that there is not enough evidence as of yet to prove beyond a reasonable doubt they are involved with the crime in a court of law. Or, it could mean those people are working with LE.

NOBODY can say that it is a fact that no arrest after six weeks means everyone who has been under investigation is cleared. (Repeating it again and again doesn't make it so.) Because that logic would fly in the face of other cases where people were arrested after having been investigated for longer than six weeks. People can guess or assume. But that doesn't mean they are right.

Repeating again and again that because someone lied it implicates them in a quadruple murder also does not make it so. JMO but if LE had found any evidence of any connection btwn JW and DW or that he did anything but deliver $40K on instructions of his boss on top of lying...he would be in jail alongside DW.

Of course LE has arrested people much longer than six weeks after a crime but iirc it's usually not in a conspiracy. For example the Scott Peterson or McStay cases. The people arrested were the prime suspects from the start but police didn't have enough evidence to arrest.

It sounds to me like he left a big chunk with his brother/cousin (can't keep everyone straight) who was having it laundered while DW was in NYC. I think DW always intended to come back to DC.

For me personally, I believe the whole 40k was delivered by JW per Mr SS's instruction. When DW was arrested, money and money orders were found in the box truck which DW was not riding in at the time. One of the women also taking in for questioning stated she was getting her instructions from a man in the box truck. This leads me to believe DW was not in charge of that part of the 40k. It's very likely, to me, that the money was split and it was split with the person in the box truck.

Here is one link that speaks of the money when recovered..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/05/22/us-districtofcolumbia-murder-idUSKBN0O61IY20150522

"Originally Posted by katydid23 If he did not deliver the $, where did all the cash that DW had come from?"

DW did not have the entire $40,000 nor is it known whether the money he did have came from the ransom or some other crime such as drugs. JMO

Other poss for sources of currency & proceeds like M/O's, that DDW & chums had at time of his DC arrest? IDK. For ex:
Is it poss DDW left S home w
- $40,000 currency JW delivered, i.e., only $40,000 currency?
- $40,000 currency, $40,000 currency plus more currency alreadyin home, pre-JW delivery (maybe from safe, etc.)? or
- $40,000 currency plus prop. from S home, which he sold or pawned before his DC arrest? or
- any of above plus $ from drug sales or illegal sources? or
- welding work or other lawful job? Put me down for doubtful on this poss.

One poss scenario I find extreeeeeeemely unlikely is JW delivering >$40,000 to S home.

Q: Was $40,000 amt - discussed as amt acct'ant provided to JW - actually stated in SW or LE presser?
AIW acct'ant ---> $40,000 ---> JW, who delivered some or all to S home, where DW picked up what-ev amt, & took it w him.
Acct'ant's act in providing this to JW seems to be last reliably known/reported $ amt provided to JW.
Reliable if based on -
- BoA hard copy & e-records of w/drawal $ amt, and
- BoA surv cam of teller transaction w acct'ant - handing over, and
- acct'ant's truthful stmt to LE.
If acct'ant provided < $40,000 to JW, then when GF texted JW 'how much?' JW's text w/not have said 40 ($40,000), imo.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

"Originally Posted by katydid23 If he did not deliver the $, where did all the cash that DW had come from?"

Other poss for sources of currency & proceeds like M/O's, DDW & chums had at time of his DC arrest? For ex:
Is it poss DDW left S home w
- $40,000 currency JW delivered, i.e., only $40,000 currency?- $40,000 currency, $40,000 currency plus more currency in home (pre-JW delivery, maybe from safe?)? or
- $40,000 currency plus prop. from S home, which he sold or pawned before his DC arrest? or
- any of above plus $ from drug sales or illegal sources? or
- legit welding work or other lawful job? Put me down for doubtful on this poss.

One poss scenario I find extreeeeeeemely unlikely is JW delivering >$40,000 to S home.

Q: Has $40,000 amt - discussed as amt acct'ant provided to JW - actually bn stated in SW or LE presser?
AIW acct'ant ---> $40,000 ---> JW, who delivered some or all to S home, where DW picked up what-ev amt, & took it w him.
Acct'ant's act in providing this to JW seems to be last reliably known/reported $ amt provided to JW.
Reliable if based on -
- BoA hard copy & e-records of w/drawal $ amt, and
- BoA surv cam of teller transaction w acct'ant - handing over, and
- acct'ant's truthful stmt to LE.
If acct'ant provided < $40,000 to JW, then when GF texted JW 'how much?' JW's text w/not have said 40 ($40,000), imo.

JM2cts, could be all wrong.

BBM
Per Ford/Chevy SW: The other employee that provided the package to W-1 was interviewed and stated the money IT withdrew from Bank of America was wrapped in money wrapper from the bank and the money was separated in four bundles that totaled ($40,000.00) forty thousand dollars.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/267779255/Return-After-Search-of-Ford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member