DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Learning the life lesson that telling a lie will result in consequences has been learned by my 3-year-old grandson. Intentionally lying to police who are investigating four brutal murders is not a thinking error. Such deception is a reflection of a seriously troubled person.

Not sure why you are questioning whether LE used the correct term when they noted in the court documents that JW ADMITTED HE LIED. Social media is not a reflection on one's true character since people can and do also lie on social media.

JMO

I question law enforcement because I feel I should. We all should. Was it "lying"...not convinced because as I've expressed....I wasn't there during that interrogation with JW.....this is the word law enforcement used...doesn't make it true. LE is not the end-all-be-all. They do get it wrong. Sweating bullets in an interrogation with LE after a murder is normal....I would be more concerned if they weren't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Language is an odd thing. I have always interpreted the word "hustle" to mean work very hard, be quick, and think fast. Telling lies has never occurred to me to be a part of that. The other kind of "hustle", involving lies and scamming and taking advantage of others as a practice invoked by those of questionable character, I always thought of as an homonym. It had never entered my mind that the two were intermixed.

Well, I agree. There is a positive and negative connotation to "hustle. Let me clarify further....JW HUSTLED.......DW was a "hustler"....aka.....nothing about nothing.[emoji16]

There is no indication at all that LE has recovered $40k. We know about the accounting from the convoy, which I think ended up to be just over $20k in cash AND money orders AND the $1k uber ride. People can guess that LE can track where all $40k went, but they definitely have not said anything like that at all.

DW had the money for one week prior to being arrested. IMO there has been no detailed accounting of the $40K
There is even less to indicate LE thinks JW has any of the money.

argh. MSM strikes again! I thought DW was found with at least $10,000 cash PLUS at least $10,000 in money orders. It was also reported that he spent $1,000 on the taxi ride back to DC, plus whatever he spent in that week.

I wonder how much cash was in the safe in the garage?

Here's a article dated June 3rd regarding a bag of $40,000:

"Investigators also outline that they are still looking for a number of key items needed to piece the crime together including a bag of $40,000 in cash that was delivered to the Savopoulos home, any weapons or tape used in the crime plus the shoe that matches the tread print found at the scene."

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/06/court-docs-show-forced-entry-stolen-phones-in-quadruple-d-c-homicide/

I so hope we find out some more information at the upcoming hearing, but not hanging my hat on it... :banghead:

The registration was needed if JW intended to commit identity fraud and I believe he was. He was a race car driver wannabe and had no money.

JMO

Identity fraud?

There is no indication at all that LE has recovered $40k. We know about the accounting from the convoy, which I think ended up to be just over $20k in cash AND money orders AND the $1k uber ride. People can guess that LE can track where all $40k went, but they definitely have not said anything like that at all.

He had time to spend some of the money. We know that $1K was paid to a driver to drive him from New York back to DC. So he wasn't afraid of spending the money, was he?

He had time to spend some of the money. We know that $1K was paid to a driver to drive him from New York back to DC. So he wasn't afraid of spending the money, was he?

Plus paying the ladies $2,500 each...not sure I even wanna know what services that was for

You don't need to be a neuroscientist to know that stress negatively affects memory. I can post links if anybody is interested.

I don't disagree with that. But we are talking about a person who admitted to intentionally deceiving LE about multiple details that happened that day. You don't have to neuroscientist to assume that it possible that he was also lying that he couldn't remember that he got instructions last night or this morning. He had it together enough to make up stories. Maybe he just forgot. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he had a little more than 20k when he was found, that makes me think he was the lone or main perpetrator. If he had split the 40k with someone, wouldnt he have a lot less than 20 k left on him when he was found? He had been running and hiding out with family and friends and his girlfriend. Wouldn't he give them some for helping him? Wouldn't he stash some and spend some on food, drugs and drink and transpo?

Sure. I am sure he spent money as freely as he could. I don't know how much money the guy walked away with. I only know the accounting from the truck and UBER. I could guess that he had exactly $40k and spent exactly $40k. I don't know and am not trying to convince anyone otherwise.

They are absolutely, positively not going to charge JW for anything......nada, zero. IMO, of course. [emoji16] First of all.....there's the "debate" here about lying and I don't want to go into what the definition is......we can and have agreed to disagree. I find it hard to believe prosecutors would spend one second of energy charging JW with anything when they have a family and friend so horrifically murdered. That's what they are focused on. They are busy building that case and the REAL murderers.......not JW. IMO, they have moved on from JW along time ago. The remainder of the $40,000 was probably spent.....by DW livin' large....shoes, food, weed. The photos? They're photos a guy took of $40,000 grand.......MOST people will never see that kind of cash at one time in bundles! Ever. He took a picture....that's it. The registration? He admired it.....it was expired he kept it I guess. Who knows. But DW was a walking felon since the day he came to this country and that's the real tragedy and crime. Look at his rap sheet....it's horrible and violent. What was he even doing here????? It baffles me that there's so much outrage about poor decisions on JW's part. What about the poor decisions and actions by our own government for allowing DW to remain here in the first place?

I could be wrong but I think the reason people are still interested in others is because DW is behind bars, he's caught. And if all goes well, justice will be done. (Outrage that he was a free madman walking the streets? YES!) but there are others who have not been caught or charged. Yet LE has said DW did not act alone. There will be discomfort and speculation until the whole story unfolds.

Who knows?! I don't know anything about gangs but they may have owed the gang boss or drug dealer.

1. If flurry of phone calls to get the money happened Thursday morning. How would SS be confident and able to tell JW a specific time and place and task? Did he deliver anything else to the home for DW? Is this why he said he found out Thursday but when LE saw text he rather they assume text about package was the money?

2. Are the messages from SS on JW's phone? We're messages ever left? Did another phone number leave JW messages like from a throw away phone DW had?

3. The past tense is interesting. "when I picked up the package" rather than "when I have picked up the package".

Wanted to get your thoughts on this :)

jjenny said:

Plus paying the ladies $2,500 each...not sure I even wanna know what services that was for

There is no record that the ladies were paid $2,500 each. The MSM Washington Post said that the ladies had cashed $2,500 each of the cash that was accounted for in the truck. There were receipts recovered from the Chevy Cruz that documented either/or purchasing or cashing of the money orders.

1. If flurry of phone calls to get the money happened Thursday morning. How would SS be confident and able to tell JW a specific time and place and task? Did he deliver anything else to the home for DW? Is this why he said he found out Thursday but when LE saw text he rather they assume text about package was the money?

2. Are the messages from SS on JW's phone? We're messages ever left? Did another phone number leave JW messages like from a throw away phone DW had?

3. The past tense is interesting. "when I picked up the package" rather than "when I have picked up the package".

On the first, I've always thought it was likely that SS contacted JW the night before, along the lines of "heads up, I'll need you tomorrow morning to pick up a package for me, I'll give you the details in the morning." Then Thursday morning SS contacted JW again with instructions as to where to go for the pickup. This would also explain why JW said he was told to make the pickup that morning, but had a text about it from the night before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wanted to get your thoughts on this :)
1. IMO The flurry of phone calls on SS's phone were recovered by LE, numbers dialed, calls received, voice mails, texts. These would have included calls to the bank, and AIW. However with the thought that SS was involved in numerous businesses I assume that there would have been several calls to and from SS dealing with the normal course of his business. It has been stated that these calls included a CEO of a construction company. So it is an unknown how many calls were specifically extortion related.
2. The messages on JW's phone include the SS call of Weds evening instructing him to pick up the package or money (not clear), plus SS call on Thurs a.m instructing him to deliver the package to the red car in the garage., plus the messages from JW to SS.
3. AFAI recall, JW texted SS Weds eve, that he received the message and would pick up the package on Thurs a.m. On Thurs JW texted that he received the package and was 10 minutes away. After he delivered the package he texted package delivered

NOTE: I have not quoted the messages reported in MSM or NT blog because the reports vary. The SWs reveal only the description of the messages and not the context. We do not have an actual transcript of any of the phone messages so it is difficult to understand or parse the construct or meaning of the messages.

On the first, I've always thought it was likely that SS contacted JW the night before, along the lines of "heads up, I'll need you tomorrow morning to pick up a package for me, I'll give you the details in the morning." Then Thursday morning SS contacted JW again with instructions as to where to go for the pickup. This would also explain why JW said he was told to make the pickup that morning, but had a text about it from the night before.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

But he didn't make that clarification. He said he forgot,. If that were his only untrue statement in the interview it could be chalked up to misunderstanding--though it wasn't. He admitted to lying about other details. And he attributed this particular inaccuracy to forgetfulness. So, LE said that they conducted multiple interviews to get all their info. Assuming that others were rattled and misspoke and lied under pressure (if that's what we assume is natural, innocent behavior when being interviewed) why is it that only JW was called out for it?

Who knows?! I don't know anything about gangs but they may have owed the gang boss or drug dealer.

I think he dropped some money in NY to friends and/ or family.
And I think is is part of a gang based in Takoma Park.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member