DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. JW spent his time and energy at the track. He was not an active gang member with several siblings that were also gangmembers. Very different childhoods, imo.

Just because your father is a retired cop it does not mean you can willfully live a violent crime filled life and no one will arrest you. This is not a small town in the 50's.

Exactly. There is nothing to suggest JW was anything but a witness in this crime. And certainly no reason to trash his father who protected and served his community.

Sorry, but it does rile me up a little. My 'research' shows me that Wint and family has a long and violent criminal history. Wint has threatened to kill AN INFANT, as well as his 8 yr old baby sister. Threatened to kill his family. He has been arrested for domestic violence.

And yet, people want to put forth the theory that a young man with ZERO violence in his past, and ZERO criminal history, is the real source of the violence. DW has the blood on his shoes and left his DNA in the house, has been arrested for burglaries before, but somehow this is all JW's doing. I find it offensive on some levels. JMO

I thought JW had some court dates in the records. That is NOT zero criminal history. Most people I associate with follow the rules and have never, EVER, faced such charges. But JW may have just had back luck, and that could have been an isolated thing, I guess. Honestly, I have always supposed that it took 100 times doing something wrong to find yourself involved in the criminal justice system.

I thought JW had some court dates in the records. That is NOT zero criminal history. Most people I associate with follow the rules and have never, EVER, faced such charges. But JW may have just had back luck, and that could have been an isolated thing, I guess. Honestly, I have always supposed that it took 100 times doing something wrong to find yourself involved in the criminal justice system.

IIRC there was one traffic court citation on JW's record.

Court records do not show JW being violent or abusive. Only traffic citations.

Are you allowed to say what they are? I keep hearing about reg and plate issues. But to be honest, that is my rap sheet too. Not because I am a criminal, but because it is hard to keep up with everything at all times when moving, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One traffic citation. Not criminal.

http://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/inquiry/inquiry-index.jsp

Thanks! I still haven't read the details.

So knowing this, I don't think having a cop for a dad means a kid grows up with respect for the law.

If the crimial charge won't fit, you must acquit.

Don't you have to sign papers when moving to this country which states that if i break the law my citizenship will be revoked.

Maybe the government should pay for vf funeral. He wasn't suppose to still be here. Jmo.

That was me re Jump the Shark. I do get uncomfortable when people start stating opinion as fact. For the record, I don't think JW must have committed murder because he was boastful on SM. In fact, I don't even really think those posts are suspicious. The lies are very suspicious and though they were details, they were details that implied something bigger--that maybe he never dropped the money in the car at all if he didn't know whether it was locked or not. Maybe he never talked to SS at all if he couldn't figure out when he got instructions. Maybe he took the money out of the Manila envelope from the acct and never put it back into another Manila envelope because he knew it was not being to delivered to SS for the dojo.

These aren't wild speculations, but theories (or like the theories) that caused LE to out him in the public eye.

If he turns out to have zero involvement, I will admit I was wrong and that other posters have better instincts than mine. So I might feel slight embarrassment, but not remorse. My opinion in an investigation chat room is not important enough, or impactful enough to affect JW's life in any way.

But JW has the power to affect his life. He didn't have to lie. And he now has the power to clear his name. He has the rest of the life to live. Heck, even OJ got another gf. Maybe I'll soften up and feel bad if is cleared. Maybe LE will too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that, "jumping the shark" because it fits so perfectly to describe certain things. :D That phrase cracked me up for years until I learned where it came from, lol! (Not a fan of fifties stuff, Happy Days included, nobody throw shoes, please)

I agree with you that those are theories - I really do. It was just some other weird things were coming up. Some of those wild ones aren't here anymore.

I am SO curious to find out what was behind JW's differing stories regarding the cash drop off.

Just so people know, I wasn't making that a judgmental, sarcastic question regarding how some posters would feel, it was meant to be thought about. Jeez, I can now hear the sanctimonious voice in my head as I reread that question, but it wasn't what I intended. I didn't intend to scold or make anyone feel bad. A philosophical or sociological question, I guess.

I swear I have no clue if I'll be eating my hat or crow if he turns out to be involved in some way, but the degree of guilt I would feel would depend on level of participation. I can go as far as to think lots of people, could be involved in a spur of the moment kinda thing if they were fired and p.o.'d, and grousing about money and bitter. Maybe he set something in motion that was only supposed to be "Hey, Ddub you wanna get even with that rich guy that fired you? Here's the address, nobody's home at this time. Go for it."

Maybe I'm not giving him enough credit (bad word, but the gist) to believe he'd set up a robbery, but I could believe that before I could ever believe he imagined it would turn into in the kidnap/extortion/torture/murder part. I still can't believe that was planned by anyone.

Something I am still confused by though, concerning the $40k in cash since it's figuring in with the JW as suspect theory. NG said that was for an auction either at the MA studio or for it? Has it been substantiated that she said that? I'm not doubting that, but am doubting my memory. I was trying to put together a timeline of sorts and remembered that being said. I think it would be extremely odd for her to know about that beforehand and that would influence me. So many conflicting accounts.

It would be some horrible sort of perfect storm if this was all coincidental. People have mentioned the construction company and NG in addition to JW. So many theories we can come up with and I'm sure if I posted some of mine, I'd get in supersize big trouble from many quarters. :/

IIRC there was one traffic court citation on JW's record.

The kid is 16 though. Because what grown man about business and getting on the race circuit would be out their advertising his bosses lavish cars and his bosses money on his sm following. A racer is staying focus on racing and not posting pics of his bosses cars that was not affiliated with his track ambitions.

So this telks me that mentally; The kid could have jokingly suggested something; And the wrong person took it seriously and things went from there.

The kid is 16 though. Because what grown man about business and getting on the race circuit would be out their advertising his bosses lavish cars and his bosses money on his sm following. A racer is staying focus on racing and not posting pics of his bosses cars that was not affiliated with his track ambitions.

So this telks me that mentally; The kid could have jokingly suggested something; And the wrong person took it seriously and things went from there.

IMO DW did not need JW social media posts to have SS on his radar. He previously worked for him. <modsnip>SS was a successful man, living in a beautiful home with six luxury cars in the driveway. His lifestyle was no secret.

Not having a front tag is now considered a criminal history? People are accusing him of paying someone to torture a child and being ticketed for a missing tag is somehow evidence to support that claim?

Not having a front tag is now considered a criminal history? People are accusing him of paying someone to torture a child and being ticketed for a missing tag is somehow evidence to support that claim?

Nobody is accusing JW of paying DW and besides JW has no money.

We will learn quite a bit I think the preliminary hearing. Isn't it coming up soon?

I'm looking forward to hearing more about the person in the truck that was in charge of the ransom money. This person had some control/influence.

I think Mr SS knew JW before he gave JW a job. Mr SS also gave JW a position as a personal assistant, that is a position which they would work closely together.

I think the ransom money was split between DW and the person in the truck issuing instructions on purchasing money orders. This crime, IMO, was committed by cold and hardened criminals that have a criminal history.

Uhmm. There is a serious lack of proportion in your follow-up to my statement. If you are somehow linking me with the idea of someone being paid to torture a child, you need to re-read all of my posts.

I just don't buy that JW is above suspicion. He deserves suspicion, scrutiny and harshness can hardly be avoided in discussing his known misdeeds.

Israel Keyes background is very very different from JW's. IK was from a very dysfunctional background and had shown himself to be troubled since childhood. You might not have known and might have hired him, but he did not have the normal middle class background and family that JW has.

I don't know anything specific about JW's background. How do we know he had a "normal middle class background"? Even if it's true, lots of bad stuff happens to people growing up in "normal middle class backgrounds". Socioeconomic advantages don't necessarily protect people from psychological trauma, although they do make it easier to hide.

Uhmm. There is a serious lack of proportion in your follow-up to my statement. If you are somehow linking me with the idea of someone being paid to torture a child, you need to re-read all of my posts.

Maybe, but here is my train of thought. I was saying that there is no comparison between DW's and JW's past criminal history. DW has stabbed people, assaulted girlfriends, robbed people, threatened to kill children...etc etc.

I said that JW had ZERO criminal history... And your reply was that he did NOT have zero criminal history, he had a traffic citation.

So I did exaggerate a bit, sorry, for being sarcastic. But I don't understand this big push to make JW the mastermind behind the evil brutal torture of the kid. Maybe you are not doing so, but a few people are trying to say that it was 'personal' so it was not DW it was JW behind the torture.

I don't know anything specific about JW's background. How do we know he had a "normal middle class background"? Even if it's true, lots of bad stuff happens to people growing up in "normal middle class backgrounds". Socioeconomic advantages don't necessarily protect people from psychological trauma, although they do make it easier to hide.

I know it was more normal than Israel Keye's horrific childhood. I am sure there were some potential bad things that happened to JW. I am just saying that UNLIKE DW, he has no violent criminal history. He has not repeatedly stabbed people, beaten girlfriends, threatened to slice up an infant or to kill his family.

Sorry, but it does rile me up a little. My 'research' shows me that Wint and family has a long and violent criminal history. Wint has threatened to kill AN INFANT, as well as his 8 yr old baby sister. Threatened to kill his family. He has been arrested for domestic violence.

And yet, people want to put forth the theory that a young man with ZERO violence in his past, and ZERO criminal history, is the real source of the violence. DW has the blood on his shoes and left his DNA in the house, has been arrested for burglaries before, but somehow this is all JW's doing. I find it offensive on some levels. JMO

I don't see anyone saying DW is not responsible. I see people saying someone else may be involved and it seems likely that this someone would have a relationship to the family. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. There is a range of possibilities, from no involvement to mastermind and everything in between. This was a devastating crime, but someone having a different theory than you is not a personal attack on you. We are all interested in figuring out what happened. It's really impossible for me to believe that ANYONE would be able to do what was done to these people. Even with his ridiculous threats ("I'm not afraid of the police". Please. Hubris and hyperbole. If he wasn't afraid of the police, he wouldn't have tried to cover his tracks.) and criminal history, I can't believe that DW would torture and murder PS and the adults in that manner. I can't believe JW would do it or anyone else whose name has come up. But someone did do it. And it's possible that more than one person was involved in planning, committing and/or covering up these crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz