DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, tomorrow is my telework day but I think I am coming in just so I can be WS eyes and ears. The hearing is supposed to start at 2:15. It's going to be very crowded I suppose so I will try to go around 1:30. Also, I don't go to courthouses that much lol so what do I say when I am asked why I am there? Do I just say "i am here to attend a hearing?" Are you asked what relation you are to the parties? Is that even required? Curious

I felt that way the first time I pulled information from a rare book room at a local university, since I had no affiliation. I pulled it because the person whose archives were there had owned my house and I was hoping for some snapshots of the house back in the day, not because I had a scholarly interest. When I got there, there were no questions. It was just, "Please put your purse in this locker, here's a pencil and some scratch paper for notes, you can have this seat, we'll bring you the archive by box. Which box would you like first?" Any citizen is allowed to attend any legal proceeding that is open to the public, so I doubt you will even be asked why you were there. If asked, it may just be to separate you from the press (who sometimes get better and assured seats, or have one representative in the courtroom who supplies everyone else with film footage). Just, "here to attend the hearing."

ETA: Might be worth checking with the TOS and/or mods about rules for posting regarding first-hand info learned at the hearing.

Agreed!

1. The Mosler the only S car which JW specifically noted the value of all over social media - twitter, Instagram and facebook.

2. According to JW, the Mosler was the location for money drop off.

THOUGHT: If crew wanted Mosler keys maybe this was cover for JW to unlock the car for them. Kill two birds with one stone - get JW to unlock the car under the guise of SS telling him to put the money there.

3. And it was the Mosler's registration that was found in JW's car.

But why would they need JW to unlock the Mosler for them? We all agree that SS would
have gladly given DW and crew anything and everything.

Agreed!

1. The Mosler the only S car which JW specifically noted the value of all over social media - twitter, Instagram and facebook.

THOUGHT: If crew wanted Mosler keys maybe this was cover for JW to unlock the car for them. Kill two birds with one stone - get JW to unlock the car under the guise of SS telling him to put the money there.

I realize you are searching for motives discussing the Mosler but IMO the logistics of attempting to steal the Mosler would be such a huge undertaking it does not seem plausible. Cars in the driveway would have to be moved to get access to the garage. A specialized vehicle trailer would be needed (not an Amerit box truck.) If someone attempted to drive it away, it would stand out like a sore thumb on the streets of DC and be spotted faster than Porsche. It is such a rare vehicle it would be extremely difficult to resell.

I realize you are searching for motives discussing the Mosler but IMO the logistics of attempting to steal the Mosler would be such a huge undertaking it does not seem plausible. Cars in the driveway would have to be moved to get access to the garage. A specialized vehicle trailer would be needed (not an Amerit box truck.) If someone attempted to drive it away, it would stand out like a sore thumb on the streets of DC and be spotted faster than Porsche. It is such a rare vehicle it would be extremely difficult to resell.

SS had one of 20 Mosler MT900s. Mr. Mosler kept two, George Lucas has #3 so there are only 16 others besides SS.

Ok, tomorrow is my telework day but I think I am coming in just so I can be WS eyes and ears. The hearing is supposed to start at 2:15. It's going to be very crowded I suppose so I will try to go around 1:30. Also, I don't go to courthouses that much lol so what do I say when I am asked why I am there? Do I just say "i am here to attend a hearing?" Are you asked what relation you are to the parties? Is that even required? Curious
Tell them you are here to get a better look at that cold blooded murderer DW and take notes so you can see that he gets a fair trial before he is put to death and burns in Hell. :jail: :tantrum:

I don't think they ask why but in case I'd just say I was an interested party. I would think to expect going into the main door you might be subject to a security and metal detector check. So just in case leave all the weapons at home or in the car. :) You should be just fine.

Nope, it is a public hearing. I went to the Hemy Neuman hearings/trial and if when you walk in you may just ask "where is the Wint hearing" but they won't pry on why you are there as it is a public place. :moo:

I don't think they ask why but in case I'd just say I was an interested party. I would think to expect going into the main door you might be subject to a security and metal detector check. So just in case leave all the weapons at home or in the car. :) You should be just fine.
Cell phones are prohibited as well. Best bet legal pad an pen.

Agreed!

My first thought is that the crew wouldn't need JW to unlock the Mosler because they could force SS to do so. Unless I am misunderstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been known to write and send/post without wearing my glasses. Sometimes we all need a little more ego.

I am a disaster on the phone and auto correct is not my friend! I can barely understand some of my posts when I reread them[emoji4]

I don't think it would have been difficult to fence the Mosler, but driving it would
definitely stick out, but maybe this is where the green vest came in.

I don't think it would have been difficult to fence the Mosler, but driving it would
definitely stick out, but maybe this is where the green vest came in.

No one in his right mind would touch a stolen Mosler. I believe it would be so easy to trace the history and know where it came from. Although it is extremely rare there are much more desirable cars available for a hot car fence. It would be extremely difficult to export as well. IMO The green vest was more likely a disguise for being on the street in that neighborhood.

No one in his right mind would touch a stolen Mosler. I believe it would be so easy to trace the history and know where it came from. Although it is extremely rare there are much more desirable cars available for a hot car fence. It would be extremely difficult to export as well. IMO The green vest was more likely a disguise for being on the street in that neighborhood.

Is it possible the monsters who committed this horrific crime are that dumb? Maybe they were that stupid to think they could pull this off and really did not have a solid plan.

Are you allowed to say what they are? I keep hearing about reg and plate issues. But to be honest, that is my rap sheet too. Not because I am a criminal, but because it is hard to keep up with everything at all times when moving, etc.

A little curious that a race car driver with "a need for speed" has zero speeding tickets.

IMO if the goal was to steal cars the cars would be gone. DW could have made SS give him the keys and titles and probably gas money if it would get DW away from his family. DW had all night to drive the cars away. Instead he orders pizza, spends the night and is ready at 9am when the accountant was instructed to be at Bank of America.
JMO but cash was the goal here

A little curious that a race car driver with "a need for speed" has zero speeding tickets.

This is not unusual for competent racers. They get their thrills on the track and drive cautiously on the highway. They know there are unpredictable drivers on the street and how to avoid them.

Some courts are very strict on what you cannot bring in with you - food, drink, computer, cell phone to name a few. You can probably look online and see what is prohibited from the DC courthouse.

Hope you can report back what you see and hear :loveyou:

I think there would be a market for extremely rare autos, how about in country's where the authorities can be bought off?

The layers, Fishman’s office said, included people, usually gang members or associates, who steal motor vehicles — and officials at the news conference noted that out of the 200 or so cars recovered in the investigation, some 10 percent of them had been carjacked.

The second layer of the criminal operation, Fishman said, included “fences,” groups of criminals who would buy the stolen vehicles for just a few thousand dollars, even if it was a brand new luxury vehicle worth tens of thousands of dollars.

A fence, he added, typically employs “runners” who drive the stolen and carjacked vehicles from one location to another to avoid detection and who collect payments from the sales of the vehicles.

A third layer in the complex operation, Fishman added, included criminals who would “retag” the vehicles after they were stolen or carjacked. That process, he said, still citing the complaints, involved altering the Vehicle Identification Numbers (VINs), the unique serial number used by the automotive industry to identify individual motor vehicles.

In addition to altering the VIN on stolen or carjacked vehicles, the members of the criminal outfit would also obtain a counterfeit Certificate of Title for stolen vehicles to match the new or fictitious VIN.

Next, for layer four of the enterprise, the cars would be sold to customers who would either purchase the vehicle for his or her use in the United States or overseas — or the cars would be sold to people who ship stolen and carjacked vehicles to other countries, Fishman said.

Finally, for layer five, Fishman said, criminals would coordinate the exportation of stolen vehicles, shipping them abroad through a non-vessel operating common carrier while using falsified shipping documents.

Means nothing other than poster wanted to put emphasis on the sentences.

I do the same thing.

Lots of posters do the same thing. :)

I didn't change anything. I copied and pasted exactly as it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1