DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is clear though. JW's name is known and he has not been charged in this crime. After almost eight weeks and his phone and car bring searched and being interviewed by homicide investigators, there is no arrest of SS driver.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/20...n-dnt-lead.cnn

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko

"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist? "

IMO after over seven weeks since the crime, that other evidence does not exist.

So then back to the original theory that wint did this all by himself or maybe he didn't but no proof to make any arrests....

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

In these cases of lying murderers who killed their wives, their lying had come to a critical mass. They had told their wives they were accepted into Harvard or into medical school and the date was fast approaching where they would be caught in those lies.

I don't see any correlation with JW's situation. The lies we have been discussing are in his online resume about how many races he won.I don't see how that would put the SS family in danger because of his lies.

I am sure we can find many murderers who are liars. But we can also find many liars that have never murdered. Probably the vast majority of liars have never done anything violent.

Also, SS knew about his being fired from the Autobahn. I am fairly certain he would have investigated the reason for the firing before he hired him in such a personal position. If he had been fired for something criminal then I do not believe that SS would have had him as a personal driver. JMO

I think the lies to police in the investigation are more significant than the lies on his resume. I am not going to jump to the conclusion that there are for sure more lies in his personal and professional life and that those lies had reached critical mass, about a sponsorship or whatever it could be, that would drive someone to steal, but I guess it wouldn't shock me based even on the few things we know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So then back to the original theory that wint did this all by himself or maybe he didn't but no proof to make any arrests....

I have a feeling Wint did this alone. JMO
All it required was a boot to kick in the door, duct tape and a knife.
He found a sword and bat in the home, IMO

I have a feeling Wint did this alone. JMO
All it required was a boot to kick in the door, duct tape and a knife.
He found a sword and bat in the home, IMO

I do think he is crazy enough to do this by himself. With rage and adrenaline who knows the strength of a true psychopath?

I do think he is crazy enough to do this by himself. With rage and adrenaline who knows the strength of a true psychopath?

Yes. He's been quoted in legal papers as saying he's "good with a knife" and "not scared of police"

I doubt VP Biden is keeping tabs on this. He lives in another world with one of the world's most impermeable security perimeters. This crime had nothing to do with him, except for proximity. It's not like they could see each others' houses. I can see why the Australian ambassador would keep tabs - his house is very close and, although they have more stringent security and Secret Service protection, they aren't as isolated from the neighborhood as the VP. Biden's house is set back on the grounds of the Naval Observatory, behind high fences and guard houses, snipers on the roof and heavily armed guards everywhere. The naval observatory is across Massachusetts Avenue (a main thoroughfare), which is itself separated from the S house by other homes and a good-sized park area with tall trees.

The proximity to the Biden house has been way over-stated IMO by MSM, looking for a "hook". Just like calling the crime the "Mansion Murders". The S family lived in a big, beautiful home, but it is not a mansion. I hate that MSM feels the need to sensationalize these crimes.

Isn't the house around 10k square feet? I definitely would consider a house that size a mansion. From the media's perspective, how many murders happen in houses bigger than this?

But did JW ever live there?

I lived with my mom and we visited our Dad on some weekends and holidays. I never knew any of his neighbors.

Nothing to prove that JW did or did not live with his dad full-time, part-time, visited at his dad's residence or never visited..

But if his parents lived within driving distance from each other and if JW and his dad weren't estranged, then it would seem likely that he at least went there on occasion. It could be the most bizarre coincidence of bizarre coincidences, but I also have to think it COULD mean that there is a POSSIBILITY that the young men crossed paths because their families lived next to each other. That certainly would not be bizarre or a stretch.

DW did use the apt next to JW's dad's as his place of residence during the same time that JW's dad lived there. But we aren't allowed to discuss that based on TOS, so I think some are inclined to write it off as a coincidence that doesn't point to the possibility that the families could have known about each other or that JW and DW (or JW and one of DW's siblings) could have crossed paths, quite literally on the sidewalk that separated the two places.

Plus, their siblings may have been friends, attended same schools or just congregated outside in the apt. complex together. Hard to know details when they are holding info so closely.

JMO

My primary residence is in downtown DC, but I spend my summers elsewhere. I'm going home for a few days tomorrow. I'm thinking of trying to do some research from primary sources, maybe head to Anne Arundel or PG county libraries or similar. If anyone has suggestions, let me know and I'll try to follow up.

any place you can view old high school yearbooks?

But since JW's dad was a LEO, it makes me think he would try and avoid having his son hang out with the Wint boys. I am sure Wallace senior saw the gang signs and would want to nip that connection in the bud. JMO

There is a lot of information that kids do not share with their parents, and there are different kinds of parental involvement with the personal lives of their kids. Even if JW encountered Wint offspring when he lived nearby, same school, etc. his parents should not be considered lacking for not knowing what they didn't see or hear. I understand you are only expressing an opinion but you also affirmed that you are sure of it.

In these cases of lying murderers who killed their wives, their lying had come to a critical mass. They had told their wives they were accepted into Harvard or into medical school and the date was fast approaching where they would be caught in those lies.

I don't see any correlation with JW's situation. The lies we have been discussing are in his online resume about how many races he won.I don't see how that would put the SS family in danger because of his lies.

I am sure we can find many murderers who are liars. But we can also find many liars that have never murdered. Probably the vast majority of liars have never done anything violent.

Also, SS knew about his being fired from the Autobahn. I am fairly certain he would have investigated the reason for the firing before he hired him in such a personal position. If he had been fired for something criminal then I do not believe that SS would have had him as a personal driver. JMO

This is not a challenge by any means, but was it ever stated by anyone that SS knew that JW was fired? For some reason I would have assumed that JW would have fudged a little and told SS he left by his own choice (or by mutual decision with his boss at the autobahn ). And it seems like it's in the best interest of companies to keep things neutral when someone high-profije to the customers is not working out--like, you, know, when high-level executives leave top jobs to "explore other opportunities" or "to spend more time with their families." They don't want to expose themselves for having made a poor hiring decision and it is a little unprofessional to openly speak negatively about former employees unless there is really important reason to do so.

Would JW offered up that he got fired? Since SS already knew JW from the Autobahn and it seems like JW had formerly done some coaching of PS, would SS really spend time digging into JW's life and get references from the Autobahn in order to allow the young guy to do some odd jobs for him and drive him to events on occasion?

Anyway, long way of asking, is it for sure that SS knew that JW got fired?

That might lead to some tension if SS thought JW had left the Autobahn, then found out after the fact he was fired--or why he was fired.

There is a lot of information that kids do not share with their parents, and there are different kinds of parental involvement with the personal lives of their kids. Even if JW encountered Wint offspring when he lived nearby, same school, etc. his parents should not be considered lacking for not knowing what they didn't see or hear. I understand you are only expressing an opinion but you also affirmed that you are sure of it.

I agree. Most parents are unaware their kid is involved in a gang until a crime takes place. And I seriously doubt a gang member is going to be making gang signs or broadcasting his involvement to the cop living next door.

JMO

I agree. Most parents are unaware their kid is involved in a gang until a crime takes place. And I seriously doubt a gang member is going to be making gang signs or broadcasting his involvement to the cop living next door.

JMO

I did not mean they were 'making' gang signs. I meant a cop would recognize the signs that a kid was a gang member. It is usually quite evident. JMO

This is not a challenge by any means, but was it ever stated by anyone that SS knew that JW was fired? For some reason I would have assumed that JW would have fudged a little and told SS he left by his own choice (or by mutual decision with his boss at the autobahn ). And it seems like it's in the best interest of companies to keep things neutral when someone high-profije to the customers is not working out--like, you, know, when high-level executives leave top jobs to "explore other opportunities" or "to spend more time with their families." They don't want to expose themselves for having made a poor hiring decision and it is a little unprofessional to openly speak negatively about former employees unless there is really important reason to do so.

Would JW offered up that he got fired? Since SS already knew JW from the Autobahn and it seems like JW had formerly done some coaching of PS, would SS really spend time digging into JW's life and get references from the Autobahn in order to allow the young guy to do some odd jobs for him and drive him to events on occasion?

That might lead to some tension if SS thought JW had left the Autobahn, then found out after the fact he was fired--or why he was fired.

It seems that SS was in the same social circles as the CEO of the Autobahn. I would think they knew each other. SS had his own son preparing to be a go kart racer and SS was on the board of some racing federations. I would think that if JW had been fired for something criminal, the higher ups at the Autobahn would have warned SS when they saw he was bringing him into his personal space. That is just what I see from businesses I have been involved in.

You raise a very good point. I remember reading that someone said JW wasn't really fired and left because he wasn't getting enough hours. That may well have been what he told SS. He may have asked for something to help him through until he obtained other employment. If JW was fired, he could collect unemployment and also earn money part-time as long as it didn't affect his unemployment. If SS paid him "off the books" that would be even better.

JMO

If SS didn't know JW was a liar, I can see how he would take JW's word for why he was let go. I also don't think JW's job was as "personal assistant" as most of us understand the term. He ran errands and drove him sometimes. A true executive personal assistant has more knowledge of his/her employer's personal life - sends flowers to the mother-in-law on her birthday, has a credit card for expenses incurred on the job, keeps the employer's calendar, etc. Seems like with the dojo opening, SS saw an opportunity to help JW and have an extra set of hands. I can't figure out why he was with the family in NC - did he drive them or did SS let him come along to "help" so he could spend time at the competition. On SM JW said "my boss' son was racing, so I was kinda working which is why I didn't contact any of my Mooresville homies..."

On April 26, 2015 he said "... Stay tuned for a big announcement about my racing future!" He also had races on his calendar in California for June 26th and Italy on July 19th, but hadn't paid for them and didn't seem to have a new sponsor. If we're looking for a precipitating event, this could fit the bill.

We could say the same thing about a lot of things. How about the coincidence that his Dojo is opening the next day and his family is slaughtered?
And I am sure there are others that we do not know about. Maybe someone was fired recently and then this family was killed.

If JW had a criminal past or a violent past then I would see it as more of a concrete connection. JMO

That's my point - deciding two facts are connected is an assumption, without independent confirmation. It seems like all we have is assumptions, which makes all of our hypotheses lousy as far as Occam's Razor is concerned. NG usually worked on Wednesdays, but she was not working that Wednesday. The one Wednesday NG isn't working, there is a home invasion. Two facts, but saying they're connected is an assumption, which means any theory founded on a connection between these facts is less likely to be accurate.

I may not be understanding this correctly, so I'm hoping someone who knows will show me how they would apply Occam's Razor to a theory of this crime

It seems that SS was in the same social circles as the CEO of the Autobahn. I would think they knew each other. SS had his own son preparing to be a go kart racer and SS was on the board of some racing federations. I would think that if JW had been fired for something criminal, the higher ups at the Autobahn would have warned SS when they saw he was bringing him into his personal space. That is just what I see from businesses I have been involved in.

That makes sense. But we don't know if JW got fired for something criminal, do we? Could have been run of the mill "lied on his resume" stuff.

Also, it could be that SS and the Autobahn CEO hadn't discussed JW at all since JW reached out to SS for a job.. SS was just letting JW (a guy he knew) drive him to some events and do odd jobs for him. Not like he was hiring a Chief Operating Officer. Not sure he would bother to confer with the Autobahn CEO. Maybe!

IMO Wint may have been wanting to flee the area before he had to go to court and face sentencing for his most recent arrest in March. He needed money and from his past employment as well as his family member (per CNN report) he has SS on his radar of wealthy people/house who could be targeted.
He kicks in the door, subdues two terrified women and a ten year old then leverages them against a wealthy husband for cash.

The two events I'm imagining are DW needing money and SS having money!

I can see this. I'm wondering where he would flee. It seems like he really doesn't want to go back to Guyana, since he hired an immigration lawyer, even though he's charged with felony murder!

One thing is clear though. JW's name is known and he has not been charged in this crime. After almost eight weeks and his phone and car bring searched and being interviewed by homicide investigators, there is no arrest of SS driver.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/justice/20...n-dnt-lead.cnn

Former Asst Director FBI Ron Hosko

"Certainly by now they have had enough time to do lab examinations, to get records- typically in this case phone records that may put others in proximity to the crime scene. To lift fingerprints and get other DNA from the scene. Now the question is: does that exist? "

IMO after over seven weeks since the crime, that other evidence does not exist.

How do we know he hasn't been arrested? If the arrest warrant is kept under seal, we wouldn't know until it's unsealed. I think there are others in custody, either for unrelated crimes, or their warrants are sealed because releasing the information would either put witnesses in danger or impede the investigation. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1