DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That makes sense. But we don't know if JW got fired for something criminal, do we? Could have been run of the mill "lied on his resume" stuff.

Also, it could be that SS and the Autobahn CEO hadn't discussed JW at all since JW reached out to SS for a job.. SS was just letting JW (a guy he knew) drive him to some events and do odd jobs for him. Not like he was hiring a Chief Operating Officer. Not sure he would bother to confer with the Autobahn CEO. Maybe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, we don't know if he was fired for anything criminal. But some are speculating that he was. And my point is that if so, it seems odd that SS would hire him as a personal driver.

I completely disagree that he was not a total fraud. See below:

For years, Mark Hacking allegedly lied to his wife, family and friends about his education and career plans. Not only wasn't he enrolled at medical school, he hadn't even graduated from the University of Utah. Yet, he and his wife were packing for the move to Chapel Hill, N.C., where she had presumed he was beginning at the medical program.

The Friday before she was reported missing, Lori Hacking, 27, left work stunned and sobbing. Her co-workers told The Associated Press she had been making some arrangements at the North Carolina medical school, and they believe an administrator was calling back to say Mark Hacking wasn't enrolled there.

"I think it's clear that this whole house of cards he had built, all this deception, had come to an end," the man's father, Douglas Hacking, told the AP. "He had been found out. His wife discovered his deception and confronted him with it, and I just think he just saw his whole world collapsing and broke down."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/hackings-dad-says-son-snapped/

I do not think there is any comparison to the total lies and fraudulent behavior of Mark hacking and that of JW. JMO

If JW was truthful with his SM profiles/websites, why did he take everything down? I can understand not posting, keeping a low profile that way. But if you've spent years constructing your "brand", to disassemble everything seems extreme. If he is completely uninvolved, eventually everything will blow over as far as he is concerned, and he will be back where he started before SS hired him. IMO he took everything down because he knew people would start looking into his background and he would be found to be a fraud.

How do we know he hasn't been arrested? If the arrest warrant is kept under seal, we wouldn't know until it's unsealed. I think there are others in custody, either for unrelated crimes, or their warrants are sealed because releasing the information would either put witnesses in danger or impede the investigation. JMO.

Is it your opinion JW is in jail?

How do we know he hasn't been arrested? If the arrest warrant is kept under seal, we wouldn't know until it's unsealed. I think there are others in custody, either for unrelated crimes, or their warrants are sealed because releasing the information would either put witnesses in danger or impede the investigation. JMO.

Why would they seal it? They made a big deal about his lies and made that very public. Why do that and then arrest him secretly? IDK

I think the lies to police in the investigation are more significant than the lies on his resume. I am not going to jump to the conclusion that there are for sure more lies in his personal and professional life and that those lies had reached critical mass, about a sponsorship or whatever it could be, that would drive someone to steal, but I guess it wouldn't shock me based even on the few things we know.

The reason I was/am so interested in his veracity in other aspects of his life is that the lies to LE are so strange, self-defeating and unnecessary (AFAIK). I want to see if lying is a common behavior for him or if he's usually honest and chose to lie in this particular situation.

Why would they seal it? They made a big deal about his lies and made that very public. Why do that and then arrest him secretly? IDK

Exactly. Once arrested you have to be charged with a crime or let go, generally within 72 hours

If JW was truthful with his SM profiles/websites, why did he take everything down? I can understand not posting, keeping a low profile that way. But if you've spent years constructing your "brand", to disassemble everything seems extreme. If he is completely uninvolved, eventually everything will blow over as far as he is concerned, and he will be back where he started before SS hired him. IMO he took everything down because he knew people would start looking into his background and he would be found to be a fraud.

I never said he was truthful. I think he lies and exaggerates. Absolutely. I am just saying he is not at that same level as Mark Hacking, who lived a totally fraudulent life and told his pregnant wife he was accepted to medical school when he had not even graduated from college.

As for taking down the SM--that was a great idea imo. By keeping it up it just keeps up the interest in him. I think he knew his 'brand' was already demolished once the detectives called him a liar in the SWs. He is done as a racer and as a 'brand.' I think he knows that and is just trying to stay out of jail now, imo. And to stay out of the public eye which does not see him in a good light.

The reason I was/am so interested in his veracity in other aspects of his life is that the lies to LE are so strange, self-defeating and unnecessary (AFAIK). I want to see if lying is a common behavior for him or if he's usually honest and chose to lie in this particular situation.

I agree. When I say I can't jump to the conclusion that he was FOR SURE lying in other aspects of his life, that's literally what I mean, because there is no proof. I suspect he was lying as a habit, and agree that it is almost more troubling that he had the audacity to lie about things that could obviously be easily and quickly discovered.

We could apply the formula:

Lies to LE + lies on resume = more lies elsewhere

That seems pretty reasonable. Also, I do agree that the upcoming races were something critical to JW. He was boasting about something big coming up in his career, asking the world to stay tuned.

Where would he get the money for the travel with no sponsor? Maybe he asked the rich man and fellow racing enthusiast who was nice enough to help him out with a job to sponsor him or give him an advance, and SS had to decline.

That could be very disappointing and frustrating to have to cancel those races when so much money is right there.

I have a feeling Wint did this alone. JMO
All it required was a boot to kick in the door, duct tape and a knife.
He found a sword and bat in the home, IMO

I can see that. The thing that sticks for me is why the S family now. It seems like there would have been some precipitating "event" for DW to decide to do this now. It's been 10 years since he worked for AIW. SS can't be the only rich person he knows. The S house is not very close to DW's home and is in a neighborhood that would be a deterrent to most people.

No. Jw's father lived nearby to Dw's father at some point. But we still do not know if either of them ever lived with their fathers there or if they ever did at the same time. DW's dad had a restraining order out on him for threatening the family so who knows? And JW's parents were divorced so he may have lived with his mom primarily.

I don't think any two POIs had to live near one another. Paths could cross at siblings' homes, friends' homes, places of work/play... JMO

I can see this. I'm wondering where he would flee. It seems like he really doesn't want to go back to Guyana, since he hired an immigration lawyer, even though he's charged with felony murder!

IIRC the Marshall who coordinated his arrest said there was a feeling that he might try to flee to Guyana. But who knows where he may have wanted to go prior to the murders? Guyana? Mexico? West? Anywhere but back to jail, IMO!

Yes. He's been quoted in legal papers as saying he's "good with a knife" and "not scared of police"

He may be good with a knife, but he's clearly afraid of police. Otherwise, why burn the house down?

0kay, the site is acting weird. I'm having a hard time posting, but I think Wint was desperate and still held a grudge against Mr. S. 10 years is nothing to hold a grudge. He took a chance that paid off big time for a short while. The crime scene points to this not being a sophisticated criminal. LE threw me off when they stated Wint had to have inside information. They said no sign of a break-in. Then that information changed as the investigation progressed. There was evidence of a break-in and information came out that the family didn't keep the alarms on 24/7. I do think they kept their doors locked, but not with alarm set. There seemed to be a lot of coming and going, and especially with renovation having recently been done at the house.

I can see that. The thing that sticks for me is why the S family now. It seems like there would have been some precipitating "event" for DW to decide to do this now. It's been 10 years since he worked for AIW. SS can't be the only rich person he knows. The S house is not very close to DW's home and is in a neighborhood that would be a deterrent to most people.

IMO the event could be DWs March arrest. He could have faced years in jail. And SS could very well be the only rich person he knows, JMO
IMO nothing is a deterrent to DW. He bragged that he's "not afraid of police".

There was a really interesting article posted way back upthread in the McStay forum. It was a study done on burglars and their criminal behavior. And it found that life long burglars had a routine habit of keeping track mentally of any and all potential targets. For example, when you and I go on a walk, we might be looking at the trees or the architecture. But a lifelong criminal is looking at the potential for a break-in and the possible exit routes, in case he needs a place to break in to in the future.

I think the SS house was on the minds of the Wint family for awhile. It was not IF, it was WHEN. And since DW had just been arrested in March and had upcoming legal proceedings, he probably needed some quick cash. JMO

He may be good with a knife, but he's clearly afraid of police. Otherwise, why burn the house down?

Being afraid of jail perhaps is different than being afraid of police in the psychopaths mind.
He wasn't very good at arson or he'd have burned more than one room! Good job by firemen responding so quickly

0kay, the site is acting weird. I'm having a hard time posting, but I think Wint was desperate and still held a grudge against Mr. S. 10 years is nothing to hold a grudge. He took a chance that paid off big time for a short while. The crime scene points to this not being a sophisticated criminal. LE threw me off when they stated Wint had to have inside information. They said no sign of a break-in. Then that information changed as the investigation progressed. There was evidence of a break-in and information came out that the family didn't keep the alarms on 24/7. I do think they kept their doors locked, but not with alarm set. There seemed to be a lot of coming and going, and especially with renovation having recently been done at the house.

This is all possible. Will be interesting if LE changes their theory to DW acting all alone until after the fact. Did I see someone post today that DW's family member stated to CNN that DW had SS on a list of wealthy people who he was targeting? That would definitely point to him instigating the plan, with or without help. Does anyone have that link? I'm googling with success! TIA!

I have to agree, he wasn't very good in covering up his crime. DNA, and I'm pretty sure they got his prints too, plus maybe his blood at the scene too. He sucked. The perp usually ends up cutting their own self with knife crimes.

This is all possible. Will be interesting if LE changes their theory to DW acting all alone until after the fact. Did I see someone post today that DW's family member stated to CNN that DW had SS on a list of wealthy people who he was targeting? That would definitely point to him instigating the plan, with or without help. Does anyone have that link? I'm googling with success! TIA!

A list? I haven't heard about a DW list... Off to google too! :lookingitup:

I think the SS house was on the minds of the Wint family for awhile. It was not IF, it was WHEN. And since DW had just been arrested in March and had upcoming legal proceedings, he probably needed some quick cash. JMO

I agree with this. And btw, whoever said "it's been 10 long years since DW was fired..." that is nothing, IMO. I still harbor a grudge against a woman who insulted me (mildly) 25 years ago. I still think about it; and when i do remember how much i dislike her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz