DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. I meant that JW said he drove straight back to the fire upon learning about it, not that he said he didn't drive back in the Porsche. And I assumed that driving away from the crime scene meant on the street of the house. And I don't know why I am recalling 10:30 as the last sighting of the Porsche in the neighborhood. I could be wrong. You know what happens when you *advertiser censored* U ME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I THINK that 10:30 am was when someone saw a Porsche driven erratically/at a high rate of sped in the S neighborhood on Wednesday morning. Anyone? TIA.

I must have been MIA when the machete/threat story was found to be untrue. The articles a week after the murders mentioned DW was right outside of AIW headquarters. If he was arrested at a gas station that far from AIW, why are they saying DW was threatening SS? Was is just sensationalized reporting?

I do not check the board every day and sometimes not for days. You all may have already dug up the true facts of the incident.

I think the media made the connection to AIW after looking up his arrest record.
The point of it is that it fell through the cracks back then as far as the cops realizing that there was a connection to AIW.

JMO

Wint is charged with first-degree murder and related offenses. His preliminary hearing will now be held on July 20. :waiting:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29459935/dc-mansion-slayings

So, Wint is not going to deny he was in the home.? He is going to deny he inflicted bodily injuries on the victims. He is going to name additional perpetrators.

Is this what his former attorney is stating? Or, am I a knucklehead? It is okay if you tell me I am misinterpreting his comments!:)

In a huh moment...

It doesn't matter if he was fired or not from AIW. His arrest with the machete came years later at a gas station. There was no way LE would link him to AIW unless Wint provided the information to them. Since the offense was pled down to something minor, I seriously doubt the prosecutor was aware of his link to AIW.

JMO

I agree 100%. Just mentioned fired/not fired to try to keep the "facts" separate from the "speculation". JMO

Yikes! Another reason to not live or visit DC. That's terrifying to me, that every day there are dozens or hundreds of arrests of someone with a violent history who are found in public with a machete, a knife and open container and it doesn't make the news, even the little news? It does in <city deleted for privacy> major metropolis where I live. It's not front page for sure, but it makes the news. :) It's filler stuff sometimes, but it makes the news even if it's in the online version. It would definitely make the the local news station. People having sex in cars makes the news, but not a dangerous creep with a machete, a knife and possibly under the influence.

Scary everywhere :(

Haha! I doubt if you visited DC you would have any reason to go to that area of Suburban Maryland! The machete and bb gun were found in his backpack. He wasn't standing there waving them at officers. This was the equivalent of arresting a homeless guy for loitering or drunk in public - not sexy, unusual or interesting. As for violent history, even compared to his own relatives, before the murders, DW was very small-time.

So, Wint is not going to deny he was in the home.? He is going to deny he inflicted bodily injuries on the victims. He is going to name additional perpetrators.

Is this what his former attorney is stating? Or, am I a knucklehead? It is okay if you tell me I am misinterpreting his comments!:)

In a huh moment...

Well, yeah. (sarcasm not at you, but at any defense) DW will admit to being there merely to rob an empty house. He was startled when he encountered VF and struck her down. In a panic, he called his brother/cousin/friends/goonsquad/boss (if he was hired) to ask what he should do now? Someone or more came, and took over. He was petrified that the same would happen to him, so he did nothing but hide in another room for the duration. Or, they thought this softhearted gentle pile of mush (can't say giant) would become a liability, so they duct taped him. They fed him pizza at one point, the planted the pizzabutts and box in one of the rooms so he'd get the blame. He himself was then being blackmailed and had to do what they ordered. Truck, money laundering, etc.

He may be a thief, but he's no killer!

The End.

*insert theme from Twilight Zone*

Haha! I doubt if you visited DC you would have any reason to go to that area of Suburban Maryland! The machete and be gun were found in his backpack. He wasn't standing there waving them at officers. This was the equivalent of arresting a homeless guy for loitering or drunk in public - not sexy, unusual or interesting. As for violent history, even compared to his own relatives, before the murders, DW was very small-time.

So maybe he was one of the minor players and one of the people who were with him when he was arrested was one of the masterminds?

In a huh moment...

Exactly what it sounds like to me too!

"Hanover said. "I can assure you that he never intended or wanted anybody, them or anybody else, to be harmed."

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29459935/dc-mansion-slayings

Bumfuzzling! And he can't say he was there for the pizza either since we know he doesn't even like pizza.

I think the media made the connection to AIW after looking up his arrest record.
The point of it is that it fell through the cracks back then as far as the cops realizing that there was a connection to AIW.

JMO

To be fair, even now we don't know if his being at the gas station was related to AIW. Did he always keep a machete and a BB gun in his backpack? Did any of his friends or old girlfriends live nearby? Was he on the way to pick something up at the self-storage facility? IDK. There's a lot of other stuff nearby.

Yikes! Another reason to not live or visit DC. That's terrifying to me, that every day there are dozens or hundreds of arrests of someone with a violent history who are found in public with a machete, a knife and open container and it doesn't make the news, even the little news? It does in <city deleted for privacy> major metropolis where I live. It's not front page for sure, but it makes the news. :) It's filler stuff sometimes, but it makes the news even if it's in the online version. It would definitely make the the local news station. People having sex in cars makes the news, but not a dangerous creep with a machete, a knife and possibly under the influence.

Scary everywhere :(

If it was reduced to a minor offense, I doubt it would have made the news anywhere. I don't believe crime reporters waste time reading all arrest reports pertaining to drunks with open containers of alcohol.

JMO

Well, yeah. (sarcasm not at you, but at any defense) DW will admit to being there merely to rob an empty house. He was startled when he encountered VF and struck her down. In a panic, he called his brother/cousin/friends/goonsquad/boss (if he was hired) to ask what he should do now? Someone or more came, and took over. He was petrified that the same would happen to him, so he did nothing but hide in another room for the duration. Or, they thought this softhearted gentle pile of mush (can't say giant) would become a liability, so they duct taped him. They fed him pizza at one point, the planted the pizzabutts and box in one of the rooms so he'd get the blame. He himself was then being blackmailed and had to do what they ordered. Truck, money laundering, etc.

He may be a thief, but he's no killer!

The End.

*insert theme from Twilight Zone*

Lol! The Twilight Zone song was playing when I read his comments. That is why I turned to the brilliant posters on this to clear up the fog and confusion!

I THINK that 10:30 am was when someone saw a Porsche driven erratically/at a high rate of sped in the S neighborhood on Wednesday morning. Anyone? TIA.

There was no time mentioned in regard to speeding on Wednesday . A witness saw the Porsche at S residence at 10:30am Thursday.

So you're thinking AS or Vera recognized one of DW's partners?

Not a strong opinion. Any of the four victims could have recognized a perp at any time during the holding. Or gathered some type of clue that could help identify the perp. What I do feel strongly about is, and this is just my opinion, there will be perp/s that are new to us in this crime. I really feel this is deep, so my main point is new players. And if Mr S would have survived I believe he would have been able to bring them to justice. (legally)

Thx! Do we have a time for the guy with short, well-groomed hair driving erratically away from the crime scene? I am assuming that it was prior to, or at 10:30, since that was that time the Porsche was seen in the vicinity and was missing after.

Interesting that the timing of that sighting coincides with what one would expect to be JW's departure time from the scene after delivering the cash, based on his 10:26 AM text that the package was delivered. (Unless he decided stay and hang around the house--but that has a worse implication.)

Is there any non-incriminating scenario in which JW could have taken the Porsche to Chantilly, knowing that he says he returned to the scene just after the fire, and was obviously sans Porsche?

I am of the opinion that the guy with short, well-groomed hair driving erratically away from the crime scene was a mixed up reporter who confused the fast flying rumors on the day of the crime. I have seen other MSM reports that simply state the Porsche was seen speeding through the neighborhood the day before the crime. I wouldn't put too much credence in one clip from DailyMail.

So maybe he was one of the minor players and one of the people who were with him when he was arrested was one of the masterminds?

Everything DW is now saying - via Hanover - may be true, but unless it is part of a plea deal, it actually serves as a confession to felony murder rather than a defense to felony murder. I don't think DW was the mastermind and he may indeed have had a minor role as he's apparently saying, but once you're in for a penny with home burglary, you're in for a pound with felony murder even if you didn't want that to happen and didn't do the murders yourself and you thought the home would be empty.

In a huh moment...

It sounds to me that his attorney advised him to accept a plea and he is refusing.

JMO

There was no time mentioned in regard to speeding on Wednesday . A witness saw the Porsche at S residence at 10:30am Thursday.

Which that would coincide with W1 (JW) with when he said he dropped off the money, so either someone else we don't know about saw the money drop or the witness referred to is JW.

I thought right after the crime it was mentioned Amy was seen erratically driving home on Wednesday afternoon. VF's husband reported days later he saw the car parked in the street on Thursday morning. The car or a car with a similar description was spotted around 1:30 afternoon driving erratically toward Maryland.

I have not been following the case as closely.

Nikki has not posted if DW attended the hearing. Is it possible DW did not attend?

Hi Carolyn! I had to catch up on some work since I disappeared for an hour and a half this afternoon. I'm home now so I can answer any questions between the kids and my Yorkie lol. Wint was there. He had shackles and handcuffs. He has hair. It was very frizzy but they are locs. He did not make eye contact with anyone but the judge. The courtroom was packed. I will not say where I say because this is an open site but I got a good look at a few people that I recognized from social media and the funeral. The hearing was about 5 minutes. It was literally over in a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1