DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are not secret, please tell me who they are and what are they charged with?

It is possible others have been arrested for involvement in this crime but their arrests haven't been reported in MSM, which means we wouldn't know about them. But just because it is not general knowledge/ is not being reported, doesn't mean that arrests haven't been made.

Once someone is arrested, they have a right to a speedy trial. This length of time between the crimes and now (even longer) without an arrest (except Wint) is not unusual even when LE has a very good idea of who is guilty. IMHO, they already have enough on Wint, and he was dangerous enough, AND a flight risk so they brought him in right away. Others may not be as much of a concern and/or there may be less evidence so there may be an attempt to gather more. We've been admonished to stay on-topic, but there are numerous examples upthread of cases in which the time between crime/when the person came under suspicion and arrest is much longer than 7-8 weeks. In fact, I would venture a guess that it usually takes even longer than this to make an arrest in cases that don't involve a family member (e.g., husband killing wife). Thus, some of us believe that the length of time alone isn't evidence of a single perpetrator.

Couldn't agree more.

It is possible others have been arrested for involvement in this crime but their arrests haven't been reported in MSM, which means we wouldn't know about them. But just because it is not general knowledge/ is not being reported, doesn't mean that arrests haven't been made.

Is it possible? Considered the interests in this case, why wouldn't MSM report additional arrests? And never mind that the names don't have to be reported in msm. You can search inmate databases by name.

Or other crimes sufficient to keep the person locked up while police gather evidence in this crime.

Is it possible? Considered the interests in this case, why wouldn't MSM report additional arrests? And never mind that the names don't have to be reported in msm. You can search inmate databases by name.

I'm not saying I necessarily think there have been additional arrests, I'm just saying it is possible MSM wouldn't report additional arrests because it's possible MSM is not aware of them...LE doesn't have to share news of arrests with the media, AFAIK. There is a lot of public interest in this case which seems like it would make it more likely that names of any other people in custody would be shared with the media, however I can see LE keeping this under wraps too since they may want to be very careful about what info is made public right now as they build a case...I just don't know.

You can search inmate databases by name but you don't know what name you are looking for, you can only guess at names of possible involved parties. There may be people arrested whose names we don't know.

Again, I'm not saying I believe this is the case, I'm just stating that it is possible arrests have been made that have not been reported/that we don't know about.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about this topic can correct me if I'm wrong about LE being able to keep arrests to themselves in high profile cases and not give the names of those arrested to the media. I don't know that for a fact but I just suspect that it is in many ways LE's call whether or not to release the names of those they have arrested to the media. That doesn't make the arrest a 'secret' (as the name of the person arrested would still be in a publicly searchable database) but it makes it harder for the general public to find out about it.

I'm not saying I necessarily think there have been additional arrests, I'm just saying it is possible MSM wouldn't report additional arrests because it's possible MSM is not aware of them...LE doesn't have to share news of arrests with the media, AFAIK. There is a lot of public interest in this case which seems like it would make it more likely that names of any other people in custody would be shared with the media, however I can see LE keeping this under wraps too since they may want to be very careful about what info is made public right now as they build a case...I just don't know.

You can search inmate databases by name but you don't know what name you are looking for, you can only guess at names of possible involved parties. There may be people arrested whose names we don't know.

Again, I'm not saying I believe this is the case, I'm just stating that it is possible arrests have been made that have not been reported/that we don't know about.

Maybe someone with more knowledge about this topic can correct me if I'm wrong about LE being able to keep arrests to themselves in high profile cases and not give the names of those arrested to the media. I don't know that for a fact but I just suspect that it is in many ways LE's call whether or not to release the names of those they have arrested to the media. That doesn't make the arrest a 'secret' (as the name of the person arrested would still be in a publicly searchable database) but it makes it harder for the general public to find out about it.

Yes. AFAIK, there is no rule or law that says that LE has to announce arrests to the press. If there are arrest warrants they can either be public record or sealed. Press can access unsealed arrest warrants. IMHO, the press has been pretty lax and hasn't put pieces together that are there to be found. And arrests made for other offenses to keep people locked up while evidence is gathered also could fly under the radar unless one knew exactly whose name to search.

Yes. AFAIK, there is no rule or law that says that LE has to announce arrests to the press. If there are arrest warrants they can either be public record or sealed. Press can access unsealed arrest warrants. IMHO, the press has been pretty lax and hasn't put pieces together that are there to be found. And arrests made for other offenses to keep people locked up while evidence is gathered also could fly under the radar unless one knew exactly whose name to search.

Thanks for adding this. I meant to include that in my post but forgot...I think if there is anyone in custody besides DW, this is actually the most likely scenario: that they are being held for other offenses while LE is gathering evidence and building a case.

BM. Well said. Thanks for reinforcing a key point.

Maybe we need to realize that the fire destroyed alot of evidence which may or may not be resurrected. So it will take more time.

Btw. I'm sure wire taps are in place on certain people's phones. I'm also sure that vp biden is keeping tabs on this due to the proximity of his home. So this case will take time.

image.jpg
Ribeyes ready

Prelim rescheduled for late July, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Knight View Post
RSBM Reference to JW

My guess is protective custody or self protected absence. I give him a lot of respect for his decision to remain out of public view. Doubt if he could have ever imagined what was going on the in SS home. He probably cared for this family, had a happy and eager attitude. Somewhere deep inside me, I feel Mr SS liked him, Mr SS gave him a sweet job that allowed JW to enjoy his passion.
Quote by Willow Knight

BBM: If I was caught in so many lies surrounding the murders of 4 innocent people, I would be dying of embarrassment and wouldn't be showing my face anywhere. If his absence from public view is voluntary it is because it is a self-serving move at this point in time. IMO.
Replied by BellaVista

I agree that may be another reason for JW's absence. "dying of embarrassment due to lies" However, even his absence for that reason I acknowledge. He isn't out there trying to defend himself or get publicity. The position Mr SS gave JW was an interesting position. He never placed JW as a yard worker or other job Mr SS could have created. Mr SS gave JW a job that worked close with Mr SS. I think also that Mr SS was aware of JW recent past employment and the reason it ended. Whatever that reason was, Mr SS didn't appear to be bothered by it.

I think the position of personal assistant involves some level of trust. JW's boasting doesn't bother me too much, he is selling himself. And I don't know why the reason for his lies to LE, but I don't think they had anything to do with covering up a murder or home invasion.

Once someone is arrested, they have a right to a speedy trial. This length of time between the crimes and now (even longer) without an arrest (except Wint) is not unusual even when LE has a very good idea of who is guilty. IMHO, they already have enough on Wint, and he was dangerous enough, AND a flight risk so they brought him in right away. Others may not be as much of a concern and/or there may be less evidence so there may be an attempt to gather more. We've been admonished to stay on-topic, but there are numerous examples upthread of cases in which the time between crime/when the person came under suspicion and arrest is much longer than 7-8 weeks. In fact, I would venture a guess that it usually takes even longer than this to make an arrest in cases that don't involve a family member (e.g., husband killing wife). Thus, some of us believe that the length of time alone isn't evidence of a single perpetrator.

Thank you! (Tapatalk isn't allowing me to thank for some reason!) I might try to do some googling to appease my own curiosity. I'd love to know whether there are cases where one person is arrested and others follow later. TO ME, it feels counterintuitive to accept as fact the formula:

Crime date + 7 wks + 1 arrest = no more arrests

Especially because it is only based on the absence of knowledge of addl arrests, and the absence of a reminder statement to the public by LE that the crime required the presence and assistance of other people.

LE hasn't been saying anything at all, so it's tough to garner facts from what they AREN'T saying.

The formula COULD apply here, but I am confused as to how people could know for sure it is fact, if the formula doesn't apply to every other case.

Since when are secret arrests allowed in the US?

I agree that there is no 'secret arrest', what I can believe is others may be held on unrelated charges at this time.

We do know others were taken in for questioning, possibly released due to not enough 'strong' evidence. Isn't there a time limit for holding a person without charging them? The other situation may be some may have been released into protective custody. This is the area I feel we will see 'new players'.

Quote by Willow Knight

Replied by BellaVista

I agree that may be another reason for JW's absence. "dying of embarrassment due to lies" However, even his absence for that reason I acknowledge. He isn't out there trying to defend himself or get publicity. The position Mr SS gave JW was an interesting position. He never placed JW as a yard worker or other job Mr SS could have created. Mr SS gave JW a job that worked close with Mr SS. I think also that Mr SS was aware of JW recent past employment and the reason it ended. Whatever that reason was, Mr SS didn't appear to be bothered by it.

I think the position of personal assistant involves some level of trust. JW's boasting doesn't bother me too much, he is selling himself. And I don't know why the reason for his lies to LE, but I don't think they had anything to do with covering up a murder or home invasion.

BBM. Didn't SS create the job of driver for J.W.? I've not seen anything to indicate JW filled a vacancy. A job driving an executive to appointments so the executive doesn't have to hassle with parking doesn't reflect much of anything other than I think SS felt sorry for J.W. and was trying to help JW out.

JMO

Quote by Willow Knight

Replied by BellaVista

I respect your opinion, but there is not a single thing, based on the few facts we know, that make me automatically respect JW. The lying, the firing from the job, the public braggadocio, the lack of questioning as to why it would ever make sense to drop $40k in a sports car. He does not seem to be a person of integrity.

We have no idea if SS did suggest a job at AIW and JW suggested he help out SS personally with odd jobs. (That would be way cooler than being a welder from an image standpoint.) I kind of doubt that JW's call for help to SS coincided with SS waking up realizing that he was in desperate need a full-time driver/asst and JW would be his go-to. He was trying to help out a guy who used to work at the go-kart place. Because that guy called him.

One thing I have been wondering is why JW would need to be in protective custody, or self-appointed protection, etc., if he had no awareness of the crime. He wouldn't need to be afraid of DW and Co if he didn't know anything about the crime. (I think?) Especially if DW acted alone and is now behind bars.

It is at the best appropriate for JW to be in hiding based on his actions in this case. At the worst, it's cowardly. I am holding my respect for when he is cleared and comes out with truth, for the families.

Agree. The guy seemed so elated about his new job that i don't think he planned this invasion. I think he felt happy just being around the money couple. He felt important and needed. Jmo.

We really don't know that JW's new job was a permanent one or that the other half of the money couple spent enough time around him to "need" him.
In that regard, I think JW was delusional and resentful of their money.

JMO

Maybe we need to realize that the fire destroyed alot of evidence which may or may not be resurrected. So it will take more time.

Btw. I'm sure wire taps are in place on certain people's phones. I'm also sure that vp biden is keeping tabs on this due to the proximity of his home. So this case will take time.

I doubt VP Biden is keeping tabs on this. He lives in another world with one of the world's most impermeable security perimeters. This crime had nothing to do with him, except for proximity. It's not like they could see each others' houses. I can see why the Australian ambassador would keep tabs - his house is very close and, although they have more stringent security and Secret Service protection, they aren't as isolated from the neighborhood as the VP. Biden's house is set back on the grounds of the Naval Observatory, behind high fences and guard houses, snipers on the roof and heavily armed guards everywhere. The naval observatory is across Massachusetts Avenue (a main thoroughfare), which is itself separated from the S house by other homes and a good-sized park area with tall trees.

The proximity to the Biden house has been way over-stated IMO by MSM, looking for a "hook". Just like calling the crime the "Mansion Murders". The S family lived in a big, beautiful home, but it is not a mansion. I hate that MSM feels the need to sensationalize these crimes.

And sometimes LE makes "typos" when entering the info. I wish there was a way to search these databases by date of arrest - to see everyone who was arrested in a particular jurisdiction on a particular day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1