DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, it won't help DW at all, there is no defense. If I was his defense lawyer I'd throw up my hands and tell the jury he's guilty. His defense is the one who brought up the money was shorted.

Exactly right. It won't help him and his lawyer would have told him that. This makes me believe that it's likely true.

Exactly, it won't help DW at all, there is no defense. If I was his defense lawyer I'd throw up my hands and tell the jury he's guilty. His defense is the one who brought up the money was shorted.

ITA.
DW's DNA has now been linked to the house and to the car.
Do they really think he will get off on "but my client didn't get the full ransom" defense?

Looks like the hearing is over? :

"In 2010, he pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly broke into a woman's apartment, stole a television, vandalized her car and threatened to kill her infant daughter. Also in 2010, Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol."

Acting District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Vincent Cohen said outside the courthouse that prosecutors' "work is not done" and that they "intend to unseal additional search warrants in the coming days."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3gS0GVUy9
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook

Exactly right. It won't help him and his lawyer would have told him that. This makes me believe that it's likely true.

What's true? That JW double crossed DW and stole money from the drop off? That would be pretty reckless behavior on his part. JMO

They may have recovered what JW took.

I think this gives us a clue to what the first lawyer intimated: that "when we know who was there..."

Maybe JW didn't answer that last call because he knew he had shorted DW and he knew it was DW using SS's phone.

We shall see.
The worm is turning.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court-317514401.html

This says that the $30,000 was found in the "caravan"....along with cell phones, knives, etc.

Yet, not one other person in that merry crew has, to our knowledge, been arrested either.

This is one strange case.

Your idea most certainly was wrong. Money were not recovered from JW. Money were recovered from DW's car and truck.

"The detective also revealed that $30,000 of the $40,000 ransom has been accounted for. Police found $17,000 in cash and money orders inside the vehicle Wint was in prior to his arrest. Money orders worth $13,000 were also found inside a panel truck that was accompanying Wint."
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...ion-slayings-due-back-in-court-317514401.html

Wint's PDA thinks because he read it on Websleuths that JW took the $20,000. Afterall he's been tried an hung out to dry here.

I think you must be kidding. Or do you truly believe that instead of building a case on docs and evidence the defense turns to an online chat room to get the totally uninformed opinions of anonymous posters? I would think they would rather draw their own conclusions than rely on strangers who have so far fewer facts than they do. But, I would feel slightly more important today to know that one of my offhanded comments speculating on the lies and text pic of the loot in charging docs might be driving the defense in a quadruple homicide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the hearing is over? :

"In 2010, he pleaded guilty to malicious destruction of property after he allegedly broke into a woman's apartment, stole a television, vandalized her car and threatened to kill her infant daughter. Also in 2010, Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol."

Acting District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Vincent Cohen said outside the courthouse that prosecutors' "work is not done" and that they "intend to unseal additional search warrants in the coming days."

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ct-remains-at-large-114135.html#ixzz3gS0GVUy9
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook
I wonder why the prosecution is choosing to release additional SW's
AFTER the preliminary hearing? Sounds strategic.

So 30 K recovered. 1 K spend on taxi. That leaves 9 K, which DW could have easily spend or given to someone during the time he was running around.
If DW had even a single accomplice, I would expect he should have had less than half of the money. Yet he had most of it.
I think police was wrong and he didn't have accomplices.

If they found 30k in the caravan, can you believe that DW might have spent the remaining 10 k during his travels?

I think he could have easily spent $10k in a week. And he might have owed someone money for all we know. Or paid out other individuals involved beyond the caravan. If there was another person, maybe he wasn't concerned about laundering their portion of cash.

I think you must be kidding. Or do you truly believe that instead of building a case on docs and evidence the defense turns to an online chat room to get the totally uninformed opinions of anonymous posters? I would think they would rather draw their own conclusions than rely on strangers who have so far fewer facts than they do. But, I would feel slightly more important today to know that one of my offhanded comments speculating on the lies and text pic of the loot in charging docs might be driving the defense in a quadruple homicide.

We know that many attorneys scan social media and blogs to pick up on the publics opinions, ideas, rumours etc. In the tragic Caylee Anthony case, the defense team hired a Social Media 'expert' to do just that. On WS we were discussing what the defense was going to be and the main one predicted was that they would accuse George of abusing Caylee and her mommy. BINGO After that happened I felt incredibly GUILTY because I had put forth that potential defense strategy and was devastated when they actually used it. Of course I have no idea if they ever read here, but they did have a paid expert that did read here. And the lead detective got sanctioned for posting here.

This is a really naive question, but does this mean that the defense wouldn't be privy to that info until it is unsealed or does that just mean unsealed to the public?

Absolutely they do. Both defense and prosecutors could follow social media.

This is a really naive question, but does this mean that the defense wouldn't be privy to that info until it is unsealed or does that just mean unsealed to the public?

Just unsealed to the public. The defense gets it during discovery before the public.

I think they want people to think he was NOT the mastermind, just a low level gopher.

Lol, the low level gopher got 75% of the money ..and the mastermind got 25%.. :floorlaugh: and doesn't matter anyway with felony murder .

Durn the limited amount of information from the prelim . Answered a few questions but I was anticipating more.

Topping that off with no electronics allowed in DC courts..

ETA ..I see lunch break ! More to come :D

:waiting:

Speculation: The judge told the prosecution that s/he would give them until after the preliminary hearing since the prosecution may have been arguing that releasing them would harm the investigation. Once prosecution starts to open the kimono to the defense, it makes the position "will harm the investiation" harder to justify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1