DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 6m6 minutes agoWashington, DC
Atty for #DaronWint raises conflicts in testimony of witness who saw man in Porsche after murders. @wusa9

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 3m3 minutes agoWashington, DC
2 of 2 Witness saw man w short hair, yellow construction vest. Police found green vest. #DaronWint has long dreads. @wusa9

His lawyer seems to be grasping at straws. What a shocking development. Eyewitness testimony not exactly accurate.

We know that many attorneys scan social media and blogs to pick up on the publics opinions, ideas, rumours etc. In the tragic Caylee Anthony case, the defense team hired a Social Media 'expert' to do just that. On WS we were discussing what the defense was going to be and the main one predicted was that they would accuse George of abusing Caylee and her mommy. BINGO After that happened I felt incredibly GUILTY because I had put forth that potential defense strategy and was devastated when they actually used it. Of course I have no idea if they ever read here, but they did have a paid expert that did read here. And the lead detective got sanctioned for posting here.

That info is good to know. There are a lot of sites like this so a SM expert would have a lot to go through to find patterns in the public's opinion, along with comments to the many articles (one WaPo article had like 300 comments).

Whether JW was involved or not, it was LE that put forth the information that, unfortunately, made it look very possible that JW had some level of awareness that something fishy was going on. There were as many people on this site saying the lies and pic actually meant there is no possible way he would be involved. So, if that pattern of thinking that JW had zero involvement was as prevalent all over SM as it has been here, why would they be going this direction (assuming they are basing their case on public perception as gathered on SM).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That info is good to know. There are a lot of sites like this so a SM expert would have a lot to go through to find patterns in the public's opinion, along with comments to the many articles (one WaPo article had like 300 comments).

Whether JW was involved or not, it was LE that put forth the information that, unfortunately, made it look very possible that JW had some level of awareness that something fishy was going on. There were as many people on this site saying the lies and pic actually meant there is no possible way he would be involved. So, if that pattern of thinking that JW had zero involvement was as prevalent all over SM as it has been here, why would they be going this direction (assuming they are basing their case on public perception as gathered on SM).

I don't think anyone is saying they are 'basing' their case on public perception garnered on SM. I think they just enhance their case, bolster their case, gain ideas, from reading what the public thinks. They have to pitch their case to a jury. And the public is just that---a great big jury pool. So finding out what the public thinks about a case is very important.

If they found 30k in the caravan, can you believe that DW might have spent the remaining 10 k during his travels?

I can. I can also believe that in a period of time when JW and DW are unaccounted for...that DW and friends got the rest of the ransom back.

I can "believe" all kinds of things because so much in this case makes no sense to me.

Every time someone posts that JW would have been arrested by now....I think of the crew in the caravan with stolen money, knives (perhaps used in the slaughter) and money orders that SOME OF THEM converted from ransom money.

Since it makes no sense to me that none of them have been charged to our knowledge with anything....I cannot accept that we know yet what JW's status is.

Furthermore, I cannot believe that the entirety of DW's defense today was that JW took half the money. That makes no sense either. Is that ALL he accused JW of doing? Surely his atty would have explained to him that whether he got all the money OR NOT...is no defense to this crime. Am I to believe that is the ONE statement made about JW?

And why JW? If JW has this airtight alibi that is more than dopey. If DW thinks blaming someone for shorting the money is hoping to help him...I'm sure he could find one of his "colleagues" that has no alibi that he could say some other fantasy about.

We know ONE statement and JW...bingo!...is in it. What do we NOT know that was said?

Are you believing the atty stood up and said"My client pleads "not guilty" because the Asst. took some of the money?"

I think there's lots more.

Looks like they are on lunch break but more info. After 2pm.

I can. I can also believe that in a period of time when JW and DW are unaccounted for...that DW and friends got the rest of the ransom back.

I can "believe" all kinds of things because so much in this case makes no sense to me.

Every time someone posts that JW would have been arrested by now....I think of the crew in the caravan with stolen money, knives (perhaps used in the slaughter) and money orders that SOME OF THEM converted from ransom money.

Since it makes no sense to me that none of them have been charged to our knowledge with anything....I cannot accept that we know yet what JW's status is.

Furthermore, I cannot believe that the entirety of DW's defense today was that JW took half the money. That makes no sense either. Is that ALL he accused JW of doing? Surely his atty would have explained to him that whether he got all the money OR NOT...is no defense to this crime. Am I to believe that is the ONE statement made about JW?

And why JW? If JW has this airtight alibi that is more than dopey. If DW thinks blaming someone for shorting the money is hoping to help him...I'm sure he could find one of his "colleagues" that has no alibi that he could say some other fantasy about.

We know ONE statement and JW...bingo!...is in it. What do we NOT know that was said?

Are you believing the atty stood up and said"My client pleads "not guilty" because the Asst. took some of the money?"

I think there's lots more.

Wait. IF JW was involved, why wouldn't he get a cut of the ransom money? Did he do it for free? Why would DW go hunt him down and take the cash back if JW was in on the crime?

I think the attorney tried shifting some blame to the 'courier' because he does not want his client to be looked at as the mastermind of this brutal crime. JMO

I don't think anyone is saying they are 'basing' their case on public perception garnered on SM. I think they just enhance their case, bolster their case, gain ideas, from reading what the public thinks. They have to pitch their case to a jury. And the public is just that---a great big jury pool. So finding out what the public thinks about a case is very important.

The original poster stated the DW's PDA believed that JW took $20k because he read it on WS. I interpreted that to mean just that--he got that idea here--unless it was meant in sarcasm to shame those who speculate on the lies and pic of the loot.

Will we get a transcript of this so we can read for ourselves what was said. I thought the prosecutor put on his version, and when he was done the defense atty would put on his. I have a funny feeling this reporter is saying he thinks the defense atty will say that. Jmo.

Lol. Autocorrect is having fun with me today. Doesn't want me to write atty keeps coming up as fatty. Lol

Hah. Another 1 K could be accounted for. That only leaves 8 K not accounted for. That could also provide a motive for why DW urgently needed money all of the sudden. Immigration lawyer.
So, 30 K recovered in the truck and car.
1K reportedly given for a taxi ride.
1.1 K given to immigration lawyer.
Only 8 K (actually, 7.9 K) still not accounted for.

"Upon being arrested, prosecutors say Wint had a receipt for $1,100 that he had apparently paid to an immigration attorney as a retainer. That receipt was dated May 16, two days after the slayings."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/husband-strangled-dc-mansion-slayings-prosecutors/story?id=32571700

I don't think JW is very smart. This may be, in part, due to his writings that are, frankly,appalling for a graduate of even 8th grade.

There is no "brains" in this crime IMO, just ugly brawn. It wouldn't surprise me if this was a seat of the pants operation...with DW supposed to be the muscle and JW providing the inside info and delivering the money. The details of the crime...like whether the family would be harmed or not...and who got what...might have been "unclear" to the participants.

Also, after hearing about the murders...JW might have wanted no part of the money or the Porsche...hence, DW burned it and took all $40,000.

But here's the good news for those of you who think JW is innocent: if DW is going to point the finger at him at his trial, and JW has a fabulous airtight alibi, LE is about to become JW's best friend. They will be doing their very best to disprove everything that DW says.

Will we get a transcript of this so we can read for ourselves what was said. I thought the prosecutor put on his version, and when he was done the defense atty would put on his. I have a funny feeling this reporter is saying he thinks the defense atty will say that. Jmo.

Lol. Autocorrect is having fun with me today. Doesn't want me to write atty keeps coming up as fatty. Lol

Bruce Leshan ‏@BruceLeshan 2h2 hours agoWashington, DC
#Savopoulos daughter is in courtroom listening intently as #DaronWint lawyer suggests courier kept stacks of money.

ha ha, I was wondering?

Speculation: The judge told the prosecution that s/he would give them until after the preliminary hearing since the prosecution may have been arguing that releasing them would harm the investigation. Once prosecution starts to open the kimono to the defense, it makes the position "will harm the investiation" harder to justify.

:blushing: love your description, I'll remember it always!

I wonder if that vest was one from the pile that was found in the garage. Because those were probably used before by employees. So it could have unknown DNA from an event etc.

I am sure they have tried to match it with JW and various Wint family members already though.

SS DNA could be blood evidence.

I don't believe anyone got the money but the murderer, Wint.

And the claims made by the defense attorney makes no sense. Surely he realizes by law it doesn't matter if the suspect was scammed out of the hostage demand money by someone else although I don't think there is any evidence of that. Wint would still be 100% culpable and still be eligible to be convicted of murder X four.

Like I have said from the very beginning, I don't think there is any evidence pointing to anyone else doing these unspeakable crimes. Imo, Wint will be the only one charged because that is where the investigation has now led them. What they may have surmised earlier in the investigation always evolves as the ongoing investigation moves forward.

He was found with over 30K in his possession and he was on the lam for days before being caught. I am sure at the time he shared his blood money with others plus he paid over a $1,000 for a cab iirc.

I think once the trial begins the DA will be able to account for most of the 40K given to Wint. That may be why they haven't arrested those that were with him. They probably have agreed to testify for the State and at least tell what money he spent when he was with them.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member