DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting -- I wish we knew what questions they were being asked, and by whom. Could be defense asked him, or could be prosecution asked. It makes a difference. So frustrating that there are no cameras or live tweets from inside the courtroom!

The Washington Times article says the defense questioned the detective about JW

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[

Why is the Lead detective testifying about JW and the purloined registration if it has nothing to do with the case?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[/video]

Probably because the Defense asked about it. They are trying to build a case after all.

I guess once people have their mind set on something, some are hardwired to not let it go.

Could this be the possible motive, for the crimes...Needing funds to fight immigration/being deported? It appears it was one of the first things he spent money on, that we know.

If so, how ironic. Committing heinous quad murder -/= path to citizenship.

Interesting - do you have a link for this info?

It is just what I remember from when the story was in the news. His gf said he was going back ' to turn himself in.' Then his father said he was going to turn himself in. So I assume he is sticking to that story. JMO

Her tweets in order

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 54m54 minutes agoWashington, DC
Wints defense trying to raise suspicion about Savopoulos' assistant Jordan Wallace, who detectives say delivered $40k to home day of murders

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 53m53 minutes agoWashington, DC
Defense: Wallace texted a friend a picture of what looks like half the money 45mins before bank surveillance shows he got it

Megan Cloherty ‏@ClohertyWTOP 48m48 minutes agoWashington, DC
Lead Det. Jeff Owens testifies search found registration for Savopoulos' expensive race car in Wallace's backpack

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[

Why is the Lead detective testifying about JW and the purloined registration if it has nothing to do with the case?

[video=twitter;623190533012385796]https://twitter.com/clohertywtop/status/623190533012385796[/video]

My guess is it is because the defense attorney is grasping at straws. It is just another thing he could have seen here...:giggle:

Could this be the possible motive, for the crimes...Needing funds to fight immigration/being deported? It appears it was one of the first things he spent money on, that we know.

So you are about to be deported for being a criminal and you decide to up your criminality to murder? He went from being about a 5 on a scale of 1 - 10 of dangerous criminal to 100 in my opinion. I don't get it, but i'm not a criminal.

Now this is curious. I am suspicious of JW but a lot of that has to do with the selective release of the SWs, the fact that the traveling circus has not been arrested and our general lack of information.

But one would think that DW blaming JW is a very risky strategy if JW is innocent. JW will have been investigated upside down and sideways and if LE can clear him now...they will certainly have the evidence to destroy DW's claims to DUST in court.

DW should know that they know by now how many fillings JW has in his molars. JW was significantly on LE's radar.

This is very strange. Unless DW can provide LE with something to implicate JW in some small part and now he's trying to enhance JW's participation.

Her tweets in order

Wints defense trying to raise suspicion about Savopoulos' assistant Jordan Wallace, who detectives say delivered $40k to home day of murders

Defense: Wallace texted a friend a picture of what looks like half the money 45mins before bank surveillance shows he got it

Lead Det. Jeff Owens testifies search found registration for Savopoulos' expensive race car in Wallace's backpack

Looks like they got NOTHING for a valid defense. Even if JW was an accomplice it does not help DW much, if at all.

Her tweets in order

HUH? His defense lawyer is actually saying JW had the money 45 minutes BEFORE he got it from the bank?

Don't we know that to be totally untrue?

Her tweets in order

45 minutes before? or 45 minutes after??

Now this is curious. I am suspicious of JW but a lot of that has to do with the selective release of the SWs, the fact that the traveling circus has not been arrested and our general lack of information.

But one would think that DW blaming JW is a very risky strategy if JW is innocent. JW will have been investigated upside down and sideways and if LE can clear him now...they will certainly have the evidence to destroy DW's claims to DUST in court.

DW should know that they know by now how many fillings JW has in his molars. JW was significantly on LE's radar.

This is very strange. Unless DW can provide LE with something to implicate JW in some small part and now he's trying to enhance JW's participation.

But that attorney is not trying convince LE, imo. They are trying to convince the public and perhaps the judge, that there is reasonable doubt that DW is the culprit. JMO

Don't they just have to create doubt? They don't have to prove anything.

45 minutes before? or 45 minutes after??

Good catch! Either way it's weird! He texted at ~9. It was Bank of America... which has a number of branches in and near Hyattsville, none of which open before 9 (tellerassist allows people to *speak* to someone in aid of an ATM transaction, but does not mean you can walk into the lobby of the branch): http://locators.bankofamerica.com/l...LE_MD/branch_and_atm_locations/locations.html

If it's 45 minutes after...well... what was he doing that allowed him to stop for a photoshoot at the 45 minute mark?

Curious.

Defense is not playing to LE, they are playing to the potential jury pool. If they can convince a jury that LE is singling out DW and not prosecuting others who may have been involved, some jurors may vote to acquit. Somewhat akin to the OJ defense. Moo moo moo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

HUH? His defense lawyer is actually saying JW had the money 45 minutes BEFORE he got it from the bank?

Don't we know that to be totally untrue?

If he posted a picture 45 minutes before he got $40K from the bank, maybe he got additional $$ elsewhere before he went to the bank for the $40K. Maybe there was a total of $40K from bank PLUS whatever he received earlier elsewhere, and the total $$ in play are actually in excess of $40K.

Defense is not playing to LE, they are playing to the potential jury pool. If they can convince a jury that LE is singling out DW and not prosecuting others who may have been involved, some jurors may vote to acquit. Somewhat akin to the OJ defense. Moo moo moo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Err... is that what happened in the OJ case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1